Debian Bug report logs - #721498
ITA: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader

version graph

Package: wnpp; Maintainer for wnpp is wnpp@debian.org;

Reported by: Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>

Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 10:57:02 UTC

Owned by: Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>

Severity: normal

Fixed in version silo/1.4.14+git20120819-2

Done: Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#721498; Package wnpp. (Sun, 01 Sep 2013 10:57:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Sun, 01 Sep 2013 10:57:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>
To: debootloaders-silo@lists.alioth.debian.org, debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: O: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 11:55:44 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

[This message is bcc'd to submit@bugs.debian.org.]

Given that I'm no longer involved with sparc port and none of the other
silo maintainers appear to be active (no replies to [0], sent over a month
ago), I think the best course of action is to orphan silo.

There are currently no serious bugs that I know of, so it's mostly about
keeping it reasonably up to date. Prospective maintainers should have
access to sparc hardware to be able to do at least minimal testing, joining
the 'debootloaders' project on Alioth (within which silo was previously
maintained) is a good idea as well.

Cheers.

[0]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debootloaders-silo/2013-July/000084.html
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#721498; Package wnpp. (Wed, 02 Oct 2013 02:30:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Wed, 02 Oct 2013 02:30:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 721498@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>
To: Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>, 721498@bugs.debian.org
Cc: debootloaders-silo@lists.alioth.debian.org, debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: O: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 04:27:54 +0200
Control: retitle -1 ITA: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader
Control: owner -1 !

Hi Jurij,

Jurij Smakov wrote:
> There are currently no serious bugs that I know of, so it's mostly about
> keeping it reasonably up to date.

Ok, I'll try my luck. I managed to revamp the package in a way that my
UltraSparc still boots. ;-)

I though couldn't yet play around with silo on sparc64, see my other
recent mail to debian-sparc@lists.debian.org.

> Prospective maintainers should have access to sparc hardware to be
> able to do at least minimal testing,

Given.

> joining the 'debootloaders' project on Alioth (within which silo was
> previously maintained) is a good idea as well.

Request sent. I'm also already subscribed to the debootloaders-silo
mailing list.

I though don't intent to continue maintaining the package in svn, but
rather switch to git, with the git repository based on the previous
svn repository.

I'll create the git repository on Alioth and push my changes as soon
as I've got write permissions to /git/debootloaders/.

Further co-maintainers of course still welcome! :-)

		Regards, Axel
-- 
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin
`. `'   |  1024D: F067 EA27 26B9 C3FC 1486  202E C09E 1D89 9593 0EDE
  `-    |  4096R: 2517 B724 C5F6 CA99 5329  6E61 2FF9 CD59 6126 16B5



Changed Bug title to 'ITA: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader' from 'O: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader' Request was from Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> to 721498-submit@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 02 Oct 2013 02:30:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Owner recorded as Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>. Request was from Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> to 721498-submit@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 02 Oct 2013 02:30:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>:
Bug#721498; Package wnpp. (Wed, 02 Oct 2013 06:54:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>. (Wed, 02 Oct 2013 06:54:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #19 received at 721498@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>
To: Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>, 721498@bugs.debian.org, debootloaders-silo@lists.alioth.debian.org, debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: O: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 07:51:18 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:27 AM, Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> wrote:

> Control: retitle -1 ITA: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader
> Control: owner -1 !
>
> Hi Jurij,
>
> Jurij Smakov wrote:
> > There are currently no serious bugs that I know of, so it's mostly about
> > keeping it reasonably up to date.
>
> Ok, I'll try my luck. I managed to revamp the package in a way that my
> UltraSparc still boots. ;-)
>
> I though couldn't yet play around with silo on sparc64, see my other
> recent mail to debian-sparc@lists.debian.org.
>
> > Prospective maintainers should have access to sparc hardware to be
> > able to do at least minimal testing,
>
> Given.
>
> > joining the 'debootloaders' project on Alioth (within which silo was
> > previously maintained) is a good idea as well.
>
> Request sent. I'm also already subscribed to the debootloaders-silo
> mailing list.
>
> I though don't intent to continue maintaining the package in svn, but
> rather switch to git, with the git repository based on the previous
> svn repository.
>
> I'll create the git repository on Alioth and push my changes as soon
> as I've got write permissions to /git/debootloaders/.
>

I approved your membership request, so you should be good to go now.

Thanks for picking it up.


>
> Further co-maintainers of course still welcome! :-)
>
>                 Regards, Axel
> --
>  ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
> : :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin
> `. `'   |  1024D: F067 EA27 26B9 C3FC 1486  202E C09E 1D89 9593 0EDE
>   `-    |  4096R: 2517 B724 C5F6 CA99 5329  6E61 2FF9 CD59 6126 16B5
>



-- 
Jurij Smakov | jurij@wooyd.org | Key IDs: 43C30A7D/C99E03CC
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#721498; Package wnpp. (Wed, 02 Oct 2013 23:03:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Wed, 02 Oct 2013 23:03:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #24 received at 721498@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>
To: Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>, 721498@bugs.debian.org
Cc: debootloaders-silo@lists.alioth.debian.org, debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#721498: O: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 00:58:43 +0200
Hi Jurij,

Jurij Smakov wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:27 AM, Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> wrote:
> > I'll create the git repository on Alioth and push my changes as soon
> > as I've got write permissions to /git/debootloaders/.
> 
> I approved your membership request, so you should be good to go now.

Done:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debootloaders/silo.git;a=shortlog

Upload preferably after I managed to build silo on sparc64, too. If
that seems too far away, I'll probably upload earlier.

> Thanks for picking it up.

Thanks for all your work on silo so far!

		Regards, Axel
-- 
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin
`. `'   |  1024D: F067 EA27 26B9 C3FC 1486  202E C09E 1D89 9593 0EDE
  `-    |  4096R: 2517 B724 C5F6 CA99 5329  6E61 2FF9 CD59 6126 16B5



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>:
Bug#721498; Package wnpp. (Sat, 05 Oct 2013 10:24:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>. (Sat, 05 Oct 2013 10:24:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #29 received at 721498@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>
To: Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>, 721498@bugs.debian.org, debootloaders-silo@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#721498: O: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 11:21:16 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM, Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Jurij,
>
> Jurij Smakov wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:27 AM, Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> wrote:
> > > I'll create the git repository on Alioth and push my changes as soon
> > > as I've got write permissions to /git/debootloaders/.
> >
> > I approved your membership request, so you should be good to go now.
>
> Done:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debootloaders/silo.git;a=shortlog


You might want to adjust debian/README.source to reflect the current
reality.


>
>
> Upload preferably after I managed to build silo on sparc64, too. If
> that seems too far away, I'll probably upload earlier.
>
> > Thanks for picking it up.
>
> Thanks for all your work on silo so far!
>
>                 Regards, Axel
> --
>  ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
> : :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin
> `. `'   |  1024D: F067 EA27 26B9 C3FC 1486  202E C09E 1D89 9593 0EDE
>   `-    |  4096R: 2517 B724 C5F6 CA99 5329  6E61 2FF9 CD59 6126 16B5
>



-- 
Jurij Smakov | jurij@wooyd.org | Key IDs: 43C30A7D/C99E03CC
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#721498; Package wnpp. (Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:00:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:00:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #34 received at 721498@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>
To: 721498@bugs.debian.org
Cc: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: JFTR: Bug #721498 (ITA: silo) is work in progress
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:56:27 +0100
Hi,

as the question came up on IRC: Just wanted to give some update about
my progress in adopting the silo package:

Thanks to Jurij I'm now a memmber of the debootloaders Alioth project.

I imported the previous packaging and switched to Git. My packing so
far is at http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debootloaders/silo.git

My initial plan was to upload silo as soon as I've got silo building
on sparc64 -- but I'm not yet there. See also
http://bugs.debian.org/721396

So I guess it's probably better to upload without working sparc64
support soon.

The upload won't happen immediately though as I'm on the road
travelling a bit often currently, but next weekend sounds realistic.
(Can't test _that_ package remotely, i.e. need to be at home for
preparing the upload. :-)

		Regards, Axel
-- 
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin
`. `'   |  1024D: F067 EA27 26B9 C3FC 1486  202E C09E 1D89 9593 0EDE
  `-    |  4096R: 2517 B724 C5F6 CA99 5329  6E61 2FF9 CD59 6126 16B5



Reply sent to Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Fri, 29 Nov 2013 03:24:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Fri, 29 Nov 2013 03:24:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #39 received at 721498-close@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>
To: 721498-close@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Bug#721498: fixed in silo 1.4.14+git20120819-2
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 03:20:02 +0000
Source: silo
Source-Version: 1.4.14+git20120819-2

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
silo, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to 721498@bugs.debian.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> (supplier of updated silo package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org)


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Format: 1.8
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 01:50:28 +0100
Source: silo
Binary: silo
Architecture: source sparc
Version: 1.4.14+git20120819-2
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: low
Maintainer: Debootloaders SILO Maintainers Team <debootloaders-silo@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Changed-By: Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>
Description: 
 silo       - Sparc Improved LOader
Closes: 677780 721396 721498 730651
Changes: 
 silo (1.4.14+git20120819-2) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * New Maintainer (Closes: #721498, #677780)
   * Apply wrap-and-sort and remove obsolete local variables from the
     bottom of debian/changelog.
   * Switch VCS repository to git, update Vcs-* headers acoordingly.
   * Enable sparc64 architecture (Closes: #721396)
   * Make tilo.sh (/usr/bin/tilo) work again
     + Add patch to work with newer "file" versions (Closes: #730651)
     + Add patch to find the root address also in more recent kernels
   * Recommend "file" as tilo needs it to run.
   * Rewrite long description to not suggest it's the only Sparc boot loader
     in Debian.
   * Mention tilo and its requirments in the long description.
   * Bump debhelper compatibility to 9.
     + Update versioned debhelper build-dependency accordingly.
   * Switch to source format "3.0 (quilt)"
     + No more build outside the tree
     + Remove quilt build-dependency and quilt traces from debian/rules.
     + Remove now obsolete debian/README.source
   * Revamp debian/rules:
     + Replace "dh_clean -k" with "dh_prep", fixes lintian warning
       dh-clean-k-is-deprecated
     + Use dh_auto_{build,install,clean}
     + No more clean up stamp files manually, dh_clean does that now.
     + Use debian/{docs,manpages} instead of parameters to
       dh_install{docs,man}. Rename directory debian/{manpages → man}
     + Use debian/install + dh_install instead of manually calling install.
     + Finally switch to a minimal dh7 style debian/rules file.
   * Add upstream git repository webpage as Homepage header. Fixes lintian
     warning no-homepage-field.
   * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.5
     + Introduce a Built-Using field
   * Add patch to fix the following lintian warnings in upstream man pages:
     + hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
     + spelling-error-in-manpage
   * Additionally this upload fixes the following lintian warnings:
     + dm-upload-allowed-is-obsolete
     + hyphen-used-as-minus-sign (in debian/man/silocheck.8)
     + maintainer-script-without-set-e
     + copyright-refers-to-symlink-license
Checksums-Sha1: 
 1f3e76bc99715c168baf7efad48764a4c75a6b07 1456 silo_1.4.14+git20120819-2.dsc
 e4747f997a78fdabe0f2aaac3afc66bb3023bf48 16999 silo_1.4.14+git20120819-2.debian.tar.gz
 875af1b247a5668524bf00614660d1df37a10f74 129818 silo_1.4.14+git20120819-2_sparc.deb
Checksums-Sha256: 
 fd5d2d657ba36501dc4d04a572baf284e71baee5b8faceb312c0a6c88359607d 1456 silo_1.4.14+git20120819-2.dsc
 dfe810069ece9744c85b2b6dedcbfcd2977c3956d8264015ce4c5c77d1216e07 16999 silo_1.4.14+git20120819-2.debian.tar.gz
 4764c7d3ee9def0ee215aee10e54f41f6c15f02e89481c07c2951217e4163f3b 129818 silo_1.4.14+git20120819-2_sparc.deb
Files: 
 0d379aecd263a41627445ee9ada85b7c 1456 admin important silo_1.4.14+git20120819-2.dsc
 ac1a51a18cfad599e23406aa82d92760 16999 admin important silo_1.4.14+git20120819-2.debian.tar.gz
 78e6a6300e3ca8cc3b4e62d0b3d4bd2d 129818 admin important silo_1.4.14+git20120819-2_sparc.deb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.15 (GNU/Linux)

iEUEARECAAYFAlKX8ngACgkQwJ4diZWTDt5XgwCbBPfon1RJj4wstl+vG/zosJbN
we0Aljct7e3hQx9F7e9tzMTeVDXYnhU=
=j2gA
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----




Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 27 Dec 2013 07:33:37 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Fri Apr 18 08:56:42 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.