Debian Bug report logs - #714179
ITP: php-json-schema -- PHP implementation of JSON schema

Package: wnpp; Maintainer for wnpp is wnpp@debian.org;

Reported by: andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 16:15:02 UTC

Owned by: andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>

Severity: wishlist

Blocking fix for 714118: ITP: php-composer -- Dependency Manager for PHP

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, debian-devel@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#714179; Package wnpp. (Wed, 26 Jun 2013 16:15:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to debian-devel@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org. (Wed, 26 Jun 2013 16:15:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: ITP: php-json-schema -- PHP implementation of JSON schema
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:11:48 +0100
Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>

* Package name    : php-json-schema
  Version         : 1.2.0
* URL             : https://github.com/justinrainbow/json-schema
* License         : BSD-3-clause
  Programming Lang: PHP
  Description     : PHP implementation of JSON schema

JSON Schema defines the media type "application/schema+json", a JSON
based format for defining the structure of JSON data. JSON Schema
provides a contract for what JSON data is required for a given
application and how to interact with it. JSON Schema is intended to
define validation, documentation, hyperlink navigation, and interaction
control of JSON data.
.
This package provides a PHP library for validating JSON Structures
against a given Schema.



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>:
Bug#714179; Package wnpp. (Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:33:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to a@xelera.eu:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>. (Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:33:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 714179@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>
To: 714179@bugs.debian.org, Debian PHP PEAR Maintainers <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>, Mathieu Parent <math.parent@gmail.com>, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
Subject: Re: ITP: php-json-schema -- PHP implementation of JSON schema
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 23:08:24 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
i have pushed an initial version of the package to
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-php/php-json-schema.git

in this case i did not include the tests for the moment (and noted this
in debian/TODO) as they require (via composer's require-dev) further
composer packages not yet packaged in Debian.

i have also uploaded the .dsc file here:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/php-json-schema

i had trouble with git-buildpackage on the first build attempt: invoking
git-buildpackage only would fail with a git error:

gbp:debug: ['git', 'ls-tree', 'upstream/1.3.2']
gbp:error: upstream/1.3.2 is not a valid treeish

(in fact, the ref was listed correctly via git ls-tree 1.3.2, not via
git ls-tree upstream/1.3.2 in my working dir)

however, after building the package once with
git-buildpackage --git-upstream-tree=1.3.2
i can now build the package with
git-buildpackage
only, on the same machine (couldn't try on a different VM yet) - i'm not
sure why this is and how to correctly inform git-buildpackage of which
ref to look for initially.

thanks
andrea

-- 
andrea rota

Xelera - IT infrastructures
http://xelera.eu/contact-us/
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>:
Bug#714179; Package wnpp. (Thu, 27 Jun 2013 03:57:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>. (Thu, 27 Jun 2013 03:57:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 714179@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
To: a@xelera.eu
Cc: 714179@bugs.debian.org, Debian PHP PEAR Maintainers <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: ITP: php-json-schema -- PHP implementation of JSON schema
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:53:17 +0800
On 06/27/2013 06:08 AM, andrea rota wrote:
> i have pushed an initial version of the package to
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-php/php-json-schema.git
> 
> in this case i did not include the tests for the moment (and noted this
> in debian/TODO) as they require (via composer's require-dev) further
> composer packages not yet packaged in Debian.
> 
> i have also uploaded the .dsc file here:
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/php-json-schema
> 
> i had trouble with git-buildpackage on the first build attempt: invoking
> git-buildpackage only would fail with a git error:
> 
> gbp:debug: ['git', 'ls-tree', 'upstream/1.3.2']
> gbp:error: upstream/1.3.2 is not a valid treeish
> 
> (in fact, the ref was listed correctly via git ls-tree 1.3.2, not via
> git ls-tree upstream/1.3.2 in my working dir)
> 
> however, after building the package once with
> git-buildpackage --git-upstream-tree=1.3.2
> i can now build the package with
> git-buildpackage
> only, on the same machine (couldn't try on a different VM yet) - i'm not
> sure why this is and how to correctly inform git-buildpackage of which
> ref to look for initially.
> 
> thanks
> andrea
> 

zigo@d(ebian-sid)>_
~/sources/pkg-php-pear/php-json-schema/php-json-schema$ git-buildpackage
dh clean --with phpcomposer
   dh_testdir
   dh_auto_clean
   dh_clean
gbp:error: upstream/1.3.2 is not a valid treeish

Are you using pristine-tar? If so, please push that branch, edit
debian/gbp.conf to add the pristine-tar = True, and push all tags.

Thomas



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>:
Bug#714179; Package wnpp. (Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:03:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Prach Pongpanich <prachpub@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>. (Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:03:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 714179@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Prach Pongpanich <prachpub@gmail.com>
To: a@xelera.eu
Cc: 714179@bugs.debian.org, Debian PHP PEAR Maintainers <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: [pkg-php-pear] ITP: php-json-schema -- PHP implementation of JSON schema
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:01:06 +0700
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 5:08 AM, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu> wrote:
> i have pushed an initial version of the package to
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-php/php-json-schema.git
>
[...]
> i had trouble with git-buildpackage on the first build attempt: invoking
> git-buildpackage only would fail with a git error:
>
> gbp:debug: ['git', 'ls-tree', 'upstream/1.3.2']
> gbp:error: upstream/1.3.2 is not a valid treeish
>
> (in fact, the ref was listed correctly via git ls-tree 1.3.2, not via
> git ls-tree upstream/1.3.2 in my working dir)
>
> however, after building the package once with
> git-buildpackage --git-upstream-tree=1.3.2
> i can now build the package with
> git-buildpackage
> only, on the same machine (couldn't try on a different VM yet) - i'm not
> sure why this is and how to correctly inform git-buildpackage of which
> ref to look for initially.

Hi Andrea,

I hope this help for creating a new git repository.

## Initial package and repository (pkg-php)

$ wget https://github.com/justinrainbow/json-schema/archive/1.3.2.tar.gz

$ ln -s 1.3.2.tar.gz php-json-schema_1.3.2.orig.tar.gz

$ mkdir php-json-schema; cd php-json-schema; git init

$ git-import-orig --pristine-tar ../php-json-schema_2.3.1.orig.tar.gz

## Rename branch

$ git branch -m master debian-sid
$ git branch -m upstream upstream-sid

## Add debian/gbp.conf in debian-sid branch

[DEFAULT]
upstream-branch = upstream-sid
debian-branch = debian-sid
pristine-tar = True

[git-buildpackage]
export-dir = ../build-area/
tarball-dir = ../tarballs/


## Edit  your ~/.ssh/config: (non-DD)

Host alioth.debian.org svn.debian.org git.debian.org
User alioth-username

## Upload your repository (git.debian.org)

$ ../alioth-new-git.sh pkg-php

<http://php.debian.net/alioth-new-git.txt>
(edit /git/pkg-php/php-json-schema.git/description on git.debian.org)

## Initial debian directory
$ git clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-php/php-json-schema.git
$ cd php-json-schema

<edit & commit>

$ git-buildpackage

## Testing with lintian

$ lintian -EvIL +pedantic ../build-area/php-json-schema_2.3.1-1_amd64.changes

 Cheers,
  Prach



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>:
Bug#714179; Package wnpp. (Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:45:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to a@xelera.eu:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>. (Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:45:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #25 received at 714179@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>
To: Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>, Prach Pongpanich <prachpub@gmail.com>
Cc: 714179@bugs.debian.org, Debian PHP PEAR Maintainers <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: ITP: php-json-schema -- PHP implementation of JSON schema
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 21:43:18 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Thomas, Prach,
thanks for your advice:

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:53:17AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> zigo@d(ebian-sid)>_
> ~/sources/pkg-php-pear/php-json-schema/php-json-schema$ git-buildpackage
> dh clean --with phpcomposer
>    dh_testdir
>    dh_auto_clean
>    dh_clean
> gbp:error: upstream/1.3.2 is not a valid treeish
> 
> Are you using pristine-tar? If so, please push that branch, edit
> debian/gbp.conf to add the pristine-tar = True, and push all tags.

good point. i was starting directly from upstream's git, but have now
updated the workflow to use both upstream git *and* pristine-tar as per
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2013-04/001.html - tried on a fresh
sid install and this now builds correctly for me there.

[...]

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 02:01:06PM +0700, Prach Pongpanich wrote:
[...]
> Hi Andrea,
> 
> I hope this help for creating a new git repository.
> [...]

this tutorial is great! is it available online somewhere?! otherwise,
it'd be great to have it added somewhere under
http://wiki.debian.org/PHP/ for developers starting collaborating on
pkg-php packages.

thanks
andrea

-- 
andrea rota

Xelera - IT infrastructures
http://xelera.eu/contact-us/
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>:
Bug#714179; Package wnpp. (Fri, 28 Jun 2013 02:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>. (Fri, 28 Jun 2013 02:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #30 received at 714179@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
To: a@xelera.eu
Cc: 714179@bugs.debian.org, Debian PHP PEAR Maintainers <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: [pkg-php-pear] ITP: php-json-schema -- PHP implementation of JSON schema
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:16:40 +0800
On 06/28/2013 04:43 AM, andrea rota wrote:
> good point. i was starting directly from upstream's git, but have now
> updated the workflow to use both upstream git *and* pristine-tar as per
> http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2013-04/001.html - tried on a fresh
> sid install and this now builds correctly for me there.

If you use upstream Git, then I would suggest to use tags, and declare
that in the debian/gbp.conf, plus provide a way in debian/rules to
generate upstream tarball (I use "./debian/rules gen-orig-xz" in my
pcakges).

Thomas



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>:
Bug#714179; Package wnpp. (Fri, 28 Jun 2013 05:36:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>. (Fri, 28 Jun 2013 05:36:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #35 received at 714179@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
To: a@xelera.eu
Cc: 714179@bugs.debian.org, Debian PHP PEAR Maintainers <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: [pkg-php-pear] ITP: php-json-schema -- PHP implementation of JSON schema
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:33:03 +0800
On 06/28/2013 04:43 AM, andrea rota wrote:
> Thomas, Prach,
> thanks for your advice:
> 
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:53:17AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> [...]
>> zigo@d(ebian-sid)>_
>> ~/sources/pkg-php-pear/php-json-schema/php-json-schema$ git-buildpackage
>> dh clean --with phpcomposer
>>    dh_testdir
>>    dh_auto_clean
>>    dh_clean
>> gbp:error: upstream/1.3.2 is not a valid treeish
>>
>> Are you using pristine-tar? If so, please push that branch, edit
>> debian/gbp.conf to add the pristine-tar = True, and push all tags.
> 
> good point. i was starting directly from upstream's git, but have now
> updated the workflow to use both upstream git *and* pristine-tar as per
> http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2013-04/001.html - tried on a fresh
> sid install and this now builds correctly for me there.
> 
> [...]
> 
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 02:01:06PM +0700, Prach Pongpanich wrote:
> [...]
>> Hi Andrea,
>>
>> I hope this help for creating a new git repository.
>> [...]
> 
> this tutorial is great! is it available online somewhere?! otherwise,
> it'd be great to have it added somewhere under
> http://wiki.debian.org/PHP/ for developers starting collaborating on
> pkg-php packages.
> 
> thanks
> andrea

Same remarks as for the other package: your package is missing the
${phppear:Debian-Depends}, ${phppear:Debian-Recommends} and
${phppear:Debian-Breaks} (read man dh_phppear), and therefore, it is
missing some important dependencies (like php-pear for example).

Do not forget that a package which is --with phpcomposer is also a pear
package, so I believe (I never tried, but I think so) you should use:

dh $@ --buildsystem=phppear --with phppear,phpcomposer

in your rules file. Mathieu, can you confirm that this is the way to do
(since that's new features)?

Thomas Goirand (zigo)



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>:
Bug#714179; Package wnpp. (Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:27:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mathieu Parent <math.parent@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>. (Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:27:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #40 received at 714179@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mathieu Parent <math.parent@gmail.com>
To: Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
Cc: Andrea Rota <a@xelera.eu>, 714179@bugs.debian.org, Debian PHP PEAR Maintainers <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: [pkg-php-pear] ITP: php-json-schema -- PHP implementation of JSON schema
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:22:51 +0200
2013/6/28 Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>:
> On 06/28/2013 04:43 AM, andrea rota wrote:
>> Thomas, Prach,
>> thanks for your advice:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:53:17AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> [...]
>>> zigo@d(ebian-sid)>_
>>> ~/sources/pkg-php-pear/php-json-schema/php-json-schema$ git-buildpackage
>>> dh clean --with phpcomposer
>>>    dh_testdir
>>>    dh_auto_clean
>>>    dh_clean
>>> gbp:error: upstream/1.3.2 is not a valid treeish
>>>
>>> Are you using pristine-tar? If so, please push that branch, edit
>>> debian/gbp.conf to add the pristine-tar = True, and push all tags.
>>
>> good point. i was starting directly from upstream's git, but have now
>> updated the workflow to use both upstream git *and* pristine-tar as per
>> http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2013-04/001.html - tried on a fresh
>> sid install and this now builds correctly for me there.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 02:01:06PM +0700, Prach Pongpanich wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Hi Andrea,
>>>
>>> I hope this help for creating a new git repository.
>>> [...]
>>
>> this tutorial is great! is it available online somewhere?! otherwise,
>> it'd be great to have it added somewhere under
>> http://wiki.debian.org/PHP/ for developers starting collaborating on
>> pkg-php packages.
>>
>> thanks
>> andrea
>
> Same remarks as for the other package: your package is missing the
> ${phppear:Debian-Depends}, ${phppear:Debian-Recommends} and
> ${phppear:Debian-Breaks} (read man dh_phppear), and therefore, it is
> missing some important dependencies (like php-pear for example).
>
> Do not forget that a package which is --with phpcomposer is also a pear
> package, so I believe (I never tried, but I think so) you should use:
>
> dh $@ --buildsystem=phppear --with phppear,phpcomposer
>
> in your rules file. Mathieu, can you confirm that this is the way to do
> (since that's new features)?

A composer package is not a PEAR one (some are both but this is
upstream decision).

Cheers
--
Mathieu



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>:
Bug#714179; Package wnpp. (Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:36:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to a@xelera.eu:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>. (Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:36:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #45 received at 714179@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: andrea rota <a@xelera.eu>
To: Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
Cc: a@xelera.eu, 714179@bugs.debian.org, Debian PHP PEAR Maintainers <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: [pkg-php-pear] ITP: php-json-schema -- PHP implementation of JSON schema
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:33:38 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:16:40AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 04:43 AM, andrea rota wrote:
> > good point. i was starting directly from upstream's git, but have now
> > updated the workflow to use both upstream git *and* pristine-tar as per
> > http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2013-04/001.html - tried on a fresh
> > sid install and this now builds correctly for me there.
> 
> If you use upstream Git, then I would suggest to use tags, and declare
> that in the debian/gbp.conf, plus provide a way in debian/rules to
> generate upstream tarball (I use "./debian/rules gen-orig-xz" in my
> pcakges).

thanks - this is very useful. in my local tests, i see that the upstream
tarball is generated by git-buildpackage, but this is part of the whole
build process and i couldn't find out how to just generate the upstream
tarball. i had a look at some of your packages but couldn't find
one with an example of tag-based upstream generation via task in
debian/rules: could you point me to one i can use as an example?

thanks,
andrea

-- 
andrea rota

Xelera - IT infrastructures
http://xelera.eu/contact-us/
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Added indication that bug 714179 blocks 714118 Request was from andrea rota <a@xelera.eu> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 02 Jul 2013 19:03:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Wed Apr 16 11:26:00 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.