Debian Bug report logs - #698815
release-notes: add note about removal of compiz from wheezy

Package: release-notes; Maintainer for release-notes is Debian Documentation Team <debian-doc@lists.debian.org>;

Reported by: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx>

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:21:01 UTC

Severity: wishlist

Tags: wheezy

Done: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Documentation Team <debian-doc@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#698815; Package release-notes. (Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Debian Documentation Team <debian-doc@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: release-notes: add note about removal of compiz from wheezy
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:17:18 +0100
Package: release-notes
Severity: wishlist

Hi,

We should probably add a note about why Compiz is not shipped
with Debian wheezy.  Rationale is here: http://bugs.debian.org/677864 .
People could use backports, yes?

Bye,

Joost

PS: I'll likely fix this bug myself, while at the Cambridge BSP.  Don't
let that stop you from fixing it earlier, though!

-- 
Ho Mitakuye Oyasin ※ joostvb@{牛在田里,ad1810}.com ※  http://mdcc.cx/



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Documentation Team <debian-doc@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#698815; Package release-notes. (Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:09:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Documentation Team <debian-doc@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:09:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 698815@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx>
To: 698815@bugs.debian.org, control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#698815: release-notes: add note about removal of compiz from wheezy
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 01:05:28 +0100
tags 698815 +pending
thanks

Just fixed in SVN revision 9543.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:17:18AM +0100, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> Package: release-notes
> Severity: wishlist
> 
> We should probably add a note about why Compiz is not shipped
> with Debian wheezy.  Rationale is here: http://bugs.debian.org/677864 .
> People could use backports, yes?

Some more info:

There's a compiz 0.9.x in experimental, hasn't seen new uploads since
Mar 2011.

There's a compiz 0.8.x in unstable, hasn't seen new uploads since
May 2012, last non-NMU upload was in Oct 2011.

There's no compiz in backports.  The wheezy-backports suite will only start
after the release of wheezy.  One can check availability at
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=compiz&searchon=names&section=all&suite=wheezy-backports
.

> PS: I'll
do more work on release-notes
> while at the Cambridge BSP.

Bye,

Joost

-- 
Lithium is about as common as chlorine in the Earth's upper
continental crust, on a per-atom basis.
                     --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium



Added tag(s) pending. Request was from Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:09:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Reply sent to Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx>:
You have taken responsibility. (Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:54:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:54:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #17 received at 698815-close@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx>
To: 698815-close@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#698815: release-notes: add note about removal of compiz from wheezy
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 01:51:01 +0100
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 01:05:28AM +0100, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> tags 698815 +pending
> thanks
> 
> Just fixed in SVN revision 9543.

There is no release-notes debian package, so this means: bug is closed.  If
everything works as planned, the fixed version will show up at
http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#obsolete
soonish.

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:17:18AM +0100, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> > Package: release-notes
> > Severity: wishlist
> > 
> > We should probably add a note about why Compiz is not shipped
> > with Debian wheezy.  Rationale is here: http://bugs.debian.org/677864 .
> > People could use backports, yes?
> 
> Some more info:
> 
> There's a compiz 0.9.x in experimental, hasn't seen new uploads since
> Mar 2011.
> 
> There's a compiz 0.8.x in unstable, hasn't seen new uploads since
> May 2012, last non-NMU upload was in Oct 2011.
> 
> There's no compiz in backports.  The wheezy-backports suite will only start
> after the release of wheezy.  One can check availability at
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=compiz&searchon=names&section=all&suite=wheezy-backports
> .
> 
> > PS: I'll
> do more work on release-notes
> > while at the Cambridge BSP.

Bye,

Joost

-- 
Some of us turn off the lights // And we live in the moonlight
shooting by // Some of us scare ourselves to death // In the dark
to be where the angles fly       --Bob Dylan in "Red River Shore"



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Documentation Team <debian-doc@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#698815; Package release-notes. (Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:21:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Documentation Team <debian-doc@lists.debian.org>. (Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:21:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #22 received at 698815@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Joost van Baal-IliÄ? <joostvb-debian-20130124-4@mdcc.cx>, 698815@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#698815: release-notes: add note about removal of compiz from wheezy
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:20:16 +0000
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 00:17:18 +0100, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:

> Package: release-notes
> Severity: wishlist
> 
> Hi,
> 
> We should probably add a note about why Compiz is not shipped
> with Debian wheezy.  Rationale is here: http://bugs.debian.org/677864 .
> People could use backports, yes?
> 
Nobody cares to maintain compiz in sid, I can't see anyone maintaining
it in backports.

Cheers,
Julien
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Added tag(s) wheezy. Request was from Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:21:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:26:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sat Apr 19 06:18:24 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.