Debian Bug report logs - #695867
ITP: ctpp2 -- CTPP or CT Plus Plus is a tool separating data processing (business logic) from data presentation.

Package: wnpp; Maintainer for wnpp is wnpp@debian.org;

Reported by: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:51:01 UTC

Owned by: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>

Severity: wishlist

Done: Mònica Ramírez Arceda <monica@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, kamathvasudev@gmail.com, debian-devel@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#695867; Package wnpp. (Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:51:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to kamathvasudev@gmail.com, debian-devel@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org. (Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:51:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: ITP: ctpp2 -- CTPP or CT Plus Plus is a tool separating data processing (business logic) from data presentation.
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 23:17:07 +0530
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>

* Package name    : ctpp2
  Version         : 2.8.3
  Upstream Author : CTPP Team
* URL             : http://ctpp.havoc.ru/en
* License         : BSD-3-Clause
  Programming Lang: C++
  Description     : CTPP or CT Plus Plus is a tool separating data processing (business logic) from data presentation.

CTPP is a suitable choice for projects where a programmer and an HTML
designer are different people. The goal of CTPP development was to
achieve maximum performance with minimal basic functionality that is
easily expandable. In other words, any conceivable capabilities can be
added by writing users functions.
.
CTPP has following advantages
 * Very High performance
 * Flexible syntax of templates
 * Robustness
 * Portability
 * Support for implementations in the language of your choice
 * Various template sources.
 * Output data filters
 * User functions


-- 
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info
Connect on ~friendica: copyninja@{frndk.de | vasudev.homelinux.net}
IRC nick: copyninja | vasudev {irc.oftc.net | irc.freenode.net}
GPG Key: C517 C25D E408 759D 98A4  C96B 6C8F 74AE 8770 0B7E
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
Bug#695867; Package wnpp. (Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>. (Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 695867@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>
To: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>, 695867@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#695867: ITP: ctpp2 -- CTPP or CT Plus Plus is a tool separating data processing (business logic) from data presentation.
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:40:13 +0000
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:17:07PM +0530, Vasudev Kamath wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
> Owner: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>
> 
> * Package name    : ctpp2
>   Version         : 2.8.3
>   Upstream Author : CTPP Team
> * URL             : http://ctpp.havoc.ru/en
> * License         : BSD-3-Clause
>   Programming Lang: C++
>   Description     : CTPP or CT Plus Plus is a tool separating data processing (business logic) from data presentation.
> 
> CTPP is a suitable choice for projects where a programmer and an HTML
> designer are different people. The goal of CTPP development was to
> achieve maximum performance with minimal basic functionality that is
> easily expandable. In other words, any conceivable capabilities can be
> added by writing users functions.

'HTML template engine for C++' would probably be sufficient.

> CTPP has following advantages

Relative to what?

>  * Very High performance
>  * Flexible syntax of templates
>  * Robustness
>  * Portability
>  * Support for implementations in the language of your choice
>  * Various template sources.
>  * Output data filters
>  * User functions

-- 
Ben Hutchings
We get into the habit of living before acquiring the habit of thinking.
                                                              - Albert Camus



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
Bug#695867; Package wnpp. (Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:48:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>, 695867@bugs.debian.org:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>. (Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:48:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 695867@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>
To: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>
Cc: 695867@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#695867: ITP: ctpp2 -- CTPP or CT Plus Plus is a tool separating data processing (business logic) from data presentation.
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:14:55 +0530
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On 20:40 Thu 13 Dec     , Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:17:07PM +0530, Vasudev Kamath wrote:
> > Package: wnpp
> > Severity: wishlist
> > Owner: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>
> > 
> > * Package name    : ctpp2
> >   Version         : 2.8.3
> >   Upstream Author : CTPP Team
> > * URL             : http://ctpp.havoc.ru/en
> > * License         : BSD-3-Clause
> >   Programming Lang: C++
> >   Description     : CTPP or CT Plus Plus is a tool separating data processing (business logic) from data presentation.
> > 
> > CTPP is a suitable choice for projects where a programmer and an HTML
> > designer are different people. The goal of CTPP development was to
> > achieve maximum performance with minimal basic functionality that is
> > easily expandable. In other words, any conceivable capabilities can be
> > added by writing users functions.
> 
> 'HTML template engine for C++' would probably be sufficient.

Sure I will retitle and use this as short description for package. At
the moment when I was writing ITP it didn't come to me so just copied
the above description from the website of the ctpp2.

> 
> > CTPP has following advantages
> 
> Relative to what?

Uh yeah these advantages are compared to other template engines. (And I
again forgot to put it here!) And this library also provides wrappers
for other language like perl [1] php and python and these wrappers are
claimed to be 20 times more faster than native language template
engines. I intend to package these wrappers to but only after I complete
this package.

> 
> >  * Very High performance
> >  * Flexible syntax of templates
> >  * Robustness
> >  * Portability
> >  * Support for implementations in the language of your choice
> >  * Various template sources.
> >  * Output data filters
> >  * User functions
> 
> -- 
> Ben Hutchings
> We get into the habit of living before acquiring the habit of thinking.
>                                                               - Albert Camus

[1] https://metacpan.org/module/HTML::CTPP2

-- 
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info
Connect on ~friendica: copyninja@{frndk.de | vasudev.homelinux.net}
IRC nick: copyninja | vasudev {irc.oftc.net | irc.freenode.net}
GPG Key: C517 C25D E408 759D 98A4  C96B 6C8F 74AE 8770 0B7E
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Reply sent to Mònica Ramírez Arceda <monica@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:21:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:21:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 695867-close@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mònica Ramírez Arceda <monica@debian.org>
To: 695867-close@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Closing #695867: package ctpp2 already in Debian
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:15:30 +0200
Hi,

I'm closing this bug because this package is already in Debian: http://packages.qa.debian.org/ctpp2

Regards.



Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 09 May 2013 07:30:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sun Apr 20 16:58:26 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.