Debian Bug report logs - #691215
X request failed: BadDrawable

version graph

Package: pinpoint; Maintainer for pinpoint is Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>; Source for pinpoint is src:pinpoint.

Reported by: Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@debian.org>

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 01:57:01 UTC

Severity: normal

Tags: moreinfo

Found in version pinpoint/1:0.1.5~20120318-1

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>:
Bug#691215; Package pinpoint. (Tue, 23 Oct 2012 01:57:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@debian.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>. (Tue, 23 Oct 2012 01:57:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@debian.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: X request failed: BadDrawable
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:53:44 -0400
Package: pinpoint
Version: 1:0.1.5~20120318-1+b1
Severity: grave

Pinpoint somehow doesn't work at all here in this version.

anarcat@marcos:presentations$ pinpoint local-fr.pin
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  137 (DRI2)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  9 (DRI2GetMSC                        )
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2e0000a
  Serial number of failed request:  91
  Current serial number in output stream:  91
anarcat@marcos:presentations$ pinpoint international-en.pin
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  137 (DRI2)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  9 (DRI2GetMSC                        )
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2e0000a
  Serial number of failed request:  91
  Current serial number in output stream:  91

Those two presentations work on my laptop, also running wheezy, but on
i386 binaries.

You can get a copy of those presentations in this git repository:

    git clone git://wiki.reseaulibre.ca/

This is running the Awesome window manager, Xorg 1:7.7+1 and a fairly
up to date wheezy install.

I mark this as grave because I cannot use pinpoint at all. Considering
how young this software is and that is in full development, I wonder
if it should be shipped with wheezy at all...

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-3-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=fr_CA.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_CA.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8) (ignored: LC_ALL set to fr_CA.UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages pinpoint depends on:
ii  libatk1.0-0           2.4.0-2
ii  libc6                 2.13-35
ii  libcairo-gobject2     1.12.2-2
ii  libcairo2             1.12.2-2
ii  libclutter-1.0-0      1.10.8-2
ii  libclutter-gst-1.0-0  1.5.4-1+b2
ii  libcogl-pango0        1.10.2-6
ii  libcogl9              1.10.2-6
ii  libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0    2.26.1-1
ii  libglib2.0-0          2.33.12+really2.32.4-2
ii  libgstreamer0.10-0    0.10.36-1
ii  libgtk-3-0            3.4.2-4
ii  libjson-glib-1.0-0    0.14.2-1
ii  libpango1.0-0         1.30.0-1
ii  libx11-6              2:1.5.0-1
ii  libxcomposite1        1:0.4.3-2
ii  libxdamage1           1:1.1.3-2
ii  libxext6              2:1.3.1-2
ii  libxfixes3            1:5.0-4
ii  libxi6                2:1.6.1-1
ii  libxml2               2.8.0+dfsg1-6
ii  zlib1g                1:1.2.7.dfsg-13

pinpoint recommends no packages.

pinpoint suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#691215; Package pinpoint. (Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:24:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:24:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 691215@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>
To: Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@debian.org>, 691215@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#691215: X request failed: BadDrawable
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 18:21:25 -0300
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Antoine Beaupré escreveu:
> Package: pinpoint
> Version: 1:0.1.5~20120318-1+b1
> Severity: grave
> 
> Pinpoint somehow doesn't work at all here in this version.
> 
> anarcat@marcos:presentations$ pinpoint local-fr.pin
> X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  137 (DRI2)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  9 (DRI2GetMSC                        )
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x2e0000a
>   Serial number of failed request:  91
>   Current serial number in output stream:  91
> anarcat@marcos:presentations$ pinpoint international-en.pin
> X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  137 (DRI2)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  9 (DRI2GetMSC                        )
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x2e0000a
>   Serial number of failed request:  91
>   Current serial number in output stream:  91
> 
> Those two presentations work on my laptop, also running wheezy, but on
> i386 binaries.
> 
> You can get a copy of those presentations in this git repository:
> 
>     git clone git://wiki.reseaulibre.ca/

I killed the git clone after a couple minutes, it's taking too long.
Can you please provide a tarball with only the presentation files intead
(.pin + background images)?

-- 
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>:
Bug#691215; Package pinpoint. (Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:33:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>. (Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:33:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 691215@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@debian.org>
To: Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>, 691215@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#691215: X request failed: BadDrawable
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 17:27:51 -0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On 2012-10-23, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
>>     git clone git://wiki.reseaulibre.ca/
>
> I killed the git clone after a couple minutes, it's taking too long.
> Can you please provide a tarball with only the presentation files intead
> (.pin + background images)?

Understood.

Should I attach it straight to the bug report or host it somewhere else?

A.

-- 
Ils versent un pauvre miel sur leurs mots pourris et te parlent de pénurie
Et sur ta faim, sur tes amis, ils aiguisent leur appétit
                        - Richard Desjardins, La maison est ouverte
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#691215; Package pinpoint. (Wed, 24 Oct 2012 22:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Wed, 24 Oct 2012 22:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 691215@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>
To: Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@debian.org>, 691215@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#691215: X request failed: BadDrawable
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:38:03 -0300
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Antoine Beaupré escreveu:
> On 2012-10-23, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> >>     git clone git://wiki.reseaulibre.ca/
> >
> > I killed the git clone after a couple minutes, it's taking too long.
> > Can you please provide a tarball with only the presentation files intead
> > (.pin + background images)?
> 
> Understood.
> 
> Should I attach it straight to the bug report or host it somewhere else?

If it's not too big (a few hundred kb), I guess the bug report is OK.
Otherwise you can upload it somewhere and give me an URL (and a
sha1sum?).

-- 
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>:
Bug#691215; Package pinpoint. (Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:12:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>. (Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:12:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #25 received at 691215@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org>
To: Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@debian.org>, 691215@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#691215: X request failed: BadDrawable
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 19:10:13 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:53:44 -0400, Antoine Beaupré wrote:

> Pinpoint somehow doesn't work at all here in this version.
> 
> anarcat@marcos:presentations$ pinpoint local-fr.pin
> X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  137 (DRI2)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  9 (DRI2GetMSC                        )
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x2e0000a
>   Serial number of failed request:  91
>   Current serial number in output stream:  91
> anarcat@marcos:presentations$ pinpoint international-en.pin
> X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  137 (DRI2)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  9 (DRI2GetMSC                        )
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x2e0000a
>   Serial number of failed request:  91
>   Current serial number in output stream:  91
> 
> Those two presentations work on my laptop, also running wheezy, but on
> i386 binaries.

I've tried on amd64 with ...
 
> You can get a copy of those presentations in this git repository:
> 
>     git clone git://wiki.reseaulibre.ca/

... all 3 .pin files I found in the repo ...

> This is running the Awesome window manager, Xorg 1:7.7+1 and a fairly
> up to date wheezy install.

... on an up to date sid machine, also with awesome, and:

It just worked with all 3 of them.
 

Cheers,
gregor

-- 
 .''`.  Homepage: http://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key 0xBB3A68018649AA06
 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer  -  http://www.debian.org/
 `. `'  Member of VIBE!AT & SPI, fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Paul Simon: The Obvious Child
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#691215; Package pinpoint. (Thu, 08 Nov 2012 01:36:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Thu, 08 Nov 2012 01:36:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #30 received at 691215@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>
To: gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org>, 691215@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#691215: X request failed: BadDrawable
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 02:09:14 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
tags 691215 + moreinfo
severity 691215 normal
thanks

gregor herrmann escreveu:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:53:44 -0400, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> 
> > Pinpoint somehow doesn't work at all here in this version.
> > 
> > anarcat@marcos:presentations$ pinpoint local-fr.pin
> > X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
> >   Major opcode of failed request:  137 (DRI2)
> >   Minor opcode of failed request:  9 (DRI2GetMSC                        )
> >   Resource id in failed request:  0x2e0000a
> >   Serial number of failed request:  91
> >   Current serial number in output stream:  91
> > anarcat@marcos:presentations$ pinpoint international-en.pin
> > X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
> >   Major opcode of failed request:  137 (DRI2)
> >   Minor opcode of failed request:  9 (DRI2GetMSC                        )
> >   Resource id in failed request:  0x2e0000a
> >   Serial number of failed request:  91
> >   Current serial number in output stream:  91
> > 
> > Those two presentations work on my laptop, also running wheezy, but on
> > i386 binaries.
> 
> I've tried on amd64 with ...
>  
> > You can get a copy of those presentations in this git repository:
> > 
> >     git clone git://wiki.reseaulibre.ca/
> 
> ... all 3 .pin files I found in the repo ...
> 
> > This is running the Awesome window manager, Xorg 1:7.7+1 and a fairly
> > up to date wheezy install.
> 
> ... on an up to date sid machine, also with awesome, and:
> 
> It just worked with all 3 of them.

Hi gregor, thanks for going through with testing this.

I am lowering the bug severity, since this bug does not affect every
system our there. We should -- and can -- still fix this for wheezy, but
I would need that you try a little harder to spot any differences
between the systems in which these presentations work and the one in
which they don't work.

-- 
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Added tag(s) moreinfo. Request was from Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 08 Nov 2012 01:45:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Severity set to 'normal' from 'grave' Request was from Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 08 Nov 2012 01:45:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>:
Bug#691215; Package pinpoint. (Thu, 08 Nov 2012 17:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>. (Thu, 08 Nov 2012 17:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #39 received at 691215@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org>
To: Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>
Cc: 691215@bugs.debian.org, Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#691215: X request failed: BadDrawable
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 18:42:12 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 02:09:14 +0100, Antonio Terceiro wrote:

> > > This is running the Awesome window manager, Xorg 1:7.7+1 and a fairly
> > > up to date wheezy install.
> > ... on an up to date sid machine, also with awesome, and:
> > It just worked with all 3 of them.
> Hi gregor, thanks for going through with testing this.

You're welcome.
 
> I am lowering the bug severity, since this bug does not affect every
> system our there. We should -- and can -- still fix this for wheezy, but
> I would need that you try a little harder to spot any differences
> between the systems in which these presentations work and the one in
> which they don't work.

Right, and sorry for not providing more info yesterday.

One difference is that I was on amd64 and anarcat on i386.
awesome: 3.4.13-1
xserver-xorg: 1:7.7+1
xserver-xorg-video-intel: 2:2.19.0-6
*mesa*: 8.0.5-1


Comparing the dependencies mentioned in the original bug report:

Versions of packages pinpoint depends on:
ii  libatk1.0-0           2.4.0-2
ii  libc6                 2.13-36
ii  libcairo-gobject2     1.12.2-2
ii  libcairo2             1.12.2-2
ii  libclutter-1.0-0      1.10.8-2
ii  libclutter-gst-1.0-0  1.5.4-1+b2
ii  libcogl-pango0        1.10.2-6
ii  libcogl9              1.10.2-6
ii  libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0    2.26.1-1
ii  libglib2.0-0          2.33.12+really2.32.4-3
ii  libgstreamer0.10-0    0.10.36-1
ii  libgtk-3-0            3.4.2-4
ii  libjson-glib-1.0-0    0.14.2-1
ii  libpango1.0-0         1.30.0-1
ii  libx11-6              2:1.5.0-1
ii  libxcomposite1        1:0.4.3-2
ii  libxdamage1           1:1.1.3-2
ii  libxext6              2:1.3.1-2
ii  libxfixes3            1:5.0-4
ii  libxi6                2:1.6.1-1
ii  libxml2               2.8.0+dfsg1-6
ii  zlib1g                1:1.2.7.dfsg-13


Anything else that might help to find the problem?


Cheers,
gregor
 
-- 
 .''`.  Homepage: http://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key 0xBB3A68018649AA06
 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer  -  http://www.debian.org/
 `. `'  Member of VIBE!AT & SPI, fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Flying Pickets: Here There and Everywhere
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sun Apr 20 21:08:36 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.