Debian Bug report logs - #679905
RFP: cctbx -- Computational Crystallography Toolbox

Package: wnpp; Maintainer for wnpp is wnpp@debian.org;

Reported by: Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com>

Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:48:02 UTC

Severity: wishlist

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, debian-devel@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#679905; Package wnpp. (Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:48:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to debian-devel@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org. (Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:48:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: ITP: cctbx -- Computational Crystallography Toolbox
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 13:44:43 +0200
Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com>


* Package name    : cctbx
  Version         : 2012.05.08.2305
  Upstream Author : Luc J. Bourhis <cctbx@cci.lbl.gov>
                    Nathaniel Echols <cctbx@cci.lbl.gov>
                    Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve <cctbx@cci.lbl.gov>
* URL             : http://cctbx.sourceforge.net
* License         : BSD
  Programming Lang: C++, Python
  Description     : Computational Crystallography Toolbox

CCTBX is a toolbox for developing crystallographic software. It provides
fundamental and advanced methods and algorithms usefull in the scientific fields 
of crystallography[1], chemistry, physics and biology. It also provides
Libraries for general scientific computing.
The package is organized as a set of ISO C++ classes with Python bindings.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystallography




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com>:
Bug#679905; Package wnpp. (Sat, 17 Aug 2013 07:16:20 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com>. (Sat, 17 Aug 2013 07:16:20 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 679905@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org>
To: 679905@bugs.debian.org
Cc: control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: cctbx: changing back from ITP to RFP
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 09:06:09 +0200
retitle 679905 RFP: cctbx -- Computational Crystallography Toolbox
noowner 679905
tag 679905 - pending
thanks

Hi,

A long time ago, you expressed interest in packaging cctbx. Unfortunately,
it seems that it did not happen. In Debian, we try not to keep ITP bugs open
for a too long time, as it might cause other prospective maintainers to
refrain from packaging the software.

This is an automatic email to change the status of cctbx back from ITP
(Intent to Package) to RFP (Request for Package), because this bug hasn't seen
any activity during the last 12 months.

If you are still interested in packaging cctbx, please send a mail to
<control@bugs.debian.org> with:

 retitle 679905 ITP: cctbx -- Computational Crystallography Toolbox
 owner 679905 !
 thanks

It is also a good idea to document your progress on this ITP from time to
time, by mailing <679905@bugs.debian.org>.  If you need guidance on how to
package this software, please reply to this email, and/or contact the
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org mailing list.

Thank you for your interest in Debian,
-- 
Lucas, for the QA team <debian-qa@lists.debian.org>



Changed Bug title to 'RFP: cctbx -- Computational Crystallography Toolbox' from 'ITP: cctbx -- Computational Crystallography Toolbox' Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 17 Aug 2013 07:18:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Removed annotation that Bug was owned by Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com>. Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 17 Aug 2013 07:18:14 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#679905; Package wnpp. (Mon, 19 Aug 2013 08:27:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Baptiste Carvello <devel@baptiste-carvello.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Mon, 19 Aug 2013 08:27:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #19 received at 679905@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Baptiste Carvello <devel@baptiste-carvello.net>
To: 679905@bugs.debian.org, "debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org" <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Cc: Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com>, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel <picca@synchrotron-soleil.Fr>
Subject: Re: Bug#679905: cctbx: changing back from ITP to RFP
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:26:18 +0200
Hi all,

it makes me sad to see cctbx going back to RFP, unfortunately this is
closer to the truth as far as I'm concerned.

I still have interest in the package, but interest is not enough. Due to
real life problems (moving homes, unforseen difficulties with a paid
assignment), I have not been able to work on it at all since last february.

I can't tell yet when I've got more time available. For this reason, I
won't change the bug back to ITP until I've got some work done. If
anybody else feels like working on it before I do, go for it. And if you
have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Cheers,

Baptiste



Le 17/08/2013 09:06, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> retitle 679905 RFP: cctbx -- Computational Crystallography Toolbox
> noowner 679905
> tag 679905 - pending
> thanks
> 
> Hi,
> 
> A long time ago, you expressed interest in packaging cctbx. Unfortunately,
> it seems that it did not happen. In Debian, we try not to keep ITP bugs open
> for a too long time, as it might cause other prospective maintainers to
> refrain from packaging the software.
> 
> This is an automatic email to change the status of cctbx back from ITP
> (Intent to Package) to RFP (Request for Package), because this bug hasn't seen
> any activity during the last 12 months.
> 
> If you are still interested in packaging cctbx, please send a mail to
> <control@bugs.debian.org> with:
> 
>  retitle 679905 ITP: cctbx -- Computational Crystallography Toolbox
>  owner 679905 !
>  thanks
> 
> It is also a good idea to document your progress on this ITP from time to
> time, by mailing <679905@bugs.debian.org>.  If you need guidance on how to
> package this software, please reply to this email, and/or contact the
> debian-mentors@lists.debian.org mailing list.
> 
> Thank you for your interest in Debian,




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#679905; Package wnpp. (Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:57:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel <frederic-emmanuel.picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:57:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #24 received at 679905@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel <frederic-emmanuel.picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr>
To: Baptiste Carvello <devel@baptiste-carvello.net>, "679905@bugs.debian.org" <679905@bugs.debian.org>, "debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org" <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Cc: Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com>
Subject: RE : Bug#679905: cctbx: changing back from ITP to RFP
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:28:50 +0000
> Hi all,

Hello Baptiste

> it makes me sad to see cctbx going back to RFP, unfortunately this is
> closer to the truth as far as I'm concerned.

this is the standard procedure, cctbx is not yet ready for inclusion after one year, so ITP -> RFP.
now , I did not managed to work on cctbx since I need first to tackle the ccp4 part...
Once his will be done, I think that it will be easyer to work on cctbx.

> I still have interest in the package, but interest is not enough. Due to
> real life problems (moving homes, unforseen difficulties with a paid
> assignment), I have not been able to work on it at all since last february.

Yes I understand, so I hope that your problems will find solutions.
thanks for the great work you already done on cctbx

> I can't tell yet when I've got more time available. For this reason, I
> won't change the bug back to ITP until I've got some work done. If
> anybody else feels like working on it before I do, go for it. And if you
> have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Indeed the gir repository of the cctbx packaging is still available in Debian science.

Cheers

Frederic


Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sat Apr 19 10:40:56 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.