Debian Bug report logs - #678356
pts-static-news@qa.debian.org seems to be broken

Package: qa.debian.org; Maintainer for qa.debian.org is debian-qa@lists.debian.org;

Reported by: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>

Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:45:02 UTC

Severity: normal

Done: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, debian-qa@lists.debian.org:
Bug#678356; Package qa.debian.org. (Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:45:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to debian-qa@lists.debian.org. (Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:45:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: pts-static-news@qa.debian.org seems to be broken
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 04:42:04 +0100
Package: qa.debian.org
Severity: normal

In response to comments on #636010, I'm trying to add static news for
linux-2.6, linux-kbuild-2.6 and linux-latest-2.6 about their being
renamed.  I tried:

"""
Subject: linux-2.6 source package renamed

Package: linux-2.6
URL: http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/linux.html

The linux-2.6 source package was renamed to linux after version 3.2.19-1
(unstable) and 3.4.1-1~experimental.1 (experimental).
"""

and then:

"""
Subject: linux-2.6 source package renamed to linux

Package: linux-2.6
Url: http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/linux.html
"""

(both in GPG-signed mails).

But I don't see anything added to the PTS and I didn't get any mail
back.

Ben.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers stable-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'proposed-updates'), (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'stable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: amd64

Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-3-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_GB.utf8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.utf8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, debian-qa@lists.debian.org:
Bug#678356; Package qa.debian.org. (Mon, 09 Jul 2012 07:12:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to debian-qa@lists.debian.org. (Mon, 09 Jul 2012 07:12:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 678356@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
To: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>, 678356@bugs.debian.org
Cc: debian-admin@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#678356: pts-static-news@qa.debian.org seems to be broken
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 09:09:07 +0200
Hi,

(Ccing debian-admin because we need their troubleshooting help)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> In response to comments on #636010, I'm trying to add static news for
> linux-2.6, linux-kbuild-2.6 and linux-latest-2.6 about their being
> renamed.

It looks like the mail never arrives to its destination. 

They are not in the backup mailbox at least:
hertzog@quantz:/srv/packages.qa.debian.org/mail$ ls -al archive/incoming-news-static*
-rw-r----- 1 qa qa        0  9 juil. 06:57 archive/incoming-news-static
-rw-r----- 1 qa qa    17448 18 avril  2010 archive/incoming-news-static.0
-rw-r----- 1 qa qa   327737 18 avril  2010 archive/incoming-news-static.1.gz
-rw-r----- 1 qa qa  1347901 10 avril  2010 archive/incoming-news-static.2.gz
-rw-r----- 1 qa qa   455629  3 avril  2010 archive/incoming-news-static.3.gz
-rw-r----- 1 qa qa   200659 16 août   2006 archive/incoming-news-static.4.gz
-rw-r----- 1 qa qa 34823420 15 août   2006 archive/incoming-news-static.5.gz

(the recent timestamp on the first file is only because I tried creating it to see if it helps)

My own tries have been delivered however:
Jul  9 08:52:27 mail postfix/smtp[20133]: 7CFC022005D: to=<pts-static-news@qa.debian.org>, relay=quantz.debian.org[2607:f8f0:610:4000:216:36ff:fe40:3860]:25, delay=12, delays=0.09/0/11/1.3, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK id=1So7pa-00042B-8Z)
Jul  9 09:01:40 mail postfix/smtp[21088]: EA29122005D: to=<_static-news@packages.qa.debian.org>, relay=quantz.debian.org[2607:f8f0:610:4000:216:36ff:fe40:3860]:25, delay=10, delays=0.09/0/8.9/1.2, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK id=1So7yU-0005AW-A1)

I made sure to add the header "X-PTS-Approved: yes".

Dear Debian Admins, can you tell us what happened to the above messages?

> (both in GPG-signed mails).

GPG signature is not needed IIRC.

> But I don't see anything added to the PTS and I didn't get any mail
> back.

Me neither.

Cheers,
-- 
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, debian-qa@lists.debian.org:
Bug#678356; Package qa.debian.org. (Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:45:18 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to debian-qa@lists.debian.org. (Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:45:21 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 678356@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>
To: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>, 678356@bugs.debian.org, debian-admin@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#678356: pts-static-news@qa.debian.org seems to be broken
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 10:43:52 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
This one time, at band camp, Raphael Hertzog said:
> Hi,
> 
> (Ccing debian-admin because we need their troubleshooting help)
> 
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > In response to comments on #636010, I'm trying to add static news for
> > linux-2.6, linux-kbuild-2.6 and linux-latest-2.6 about their being
> > renamed.
> 
> It looks like the mail never arrives to its destination. 
> 
> They are not in the backup mailbox at least:
> hertzog@quantz:/srv/packages.qa.debian.org/mail$ ls -al archive/incoming-news-static*
> -rw-r----- 1 qa qa        0  9 juil. 06:57 archive/incoming-news-static
> -rw-r----- 1 qa qa    17448 18 avril  2010 archive/incoming-news-static.0
> -rw-r----- 1 qa qa   327737 18 avril  2010 archive/incoming-news-static.1.gz
> -rw-r----- 1 qa qa  1347901 10 avril  2010 archive/incoming-news-static.2.gz
> -rw-r----- 1 qa qa   455629  3 avril  2010 archive/incoming-news-static.3.gz
> -rw-r----- 1 qa qa   200659 16 août   2006 archive/incoming-news-static.4.gz
> -rw-r----- 1 qa qa 34823420 15 août   2006 archive/incoming-news-static.5.gz
> 
> (the recent timestamp on the first file is only because I tried creating it to see if it helps)
> 
> My own tries have been delivered however:
> Jul  9 08:52:27 mail postfix/smtp[20133]: 7CFC022005D: to=<pts-static-news@qa.debian.org>, relay=quantz.debian.org[2607:f8f0:610:4000:216:36ff:fe40:3860]:25, delay=12, delays=0.09/0/11/1.3, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK id=1So7pa-00042B-8Z)

2012-07-09 06:52:26 1So7pa-00042B-8Z <= raphael@ouaza.com H=(mail.vm.ouaza.com) [2a01:e0b:1000:23:5054:ff:fe00:d7] P=esmtp S=1429 id=20120709065158.GA2819@rivendell.home.ouaza.com
2012-07-09 06:52:27 1So7pa-00042B-8Z => /srv/packages.qa.debian.org/mail/archive/incoming-default (_static-news@packages.qa.debian.org) <pts-static-news@qa.debian.org> R=virt_direct T=address_file QT=1s DT=1s
2012-07-09 06:52:27 1So7pa-00042B-8Z => | /srv/packages.qa.debian.org/bin/dispatch.pl (_static-news@packages.qa.debian.org) <pts-static-news@qa.debian.org> R=virt_direct T=address_pipe QT=1s DT=0s
2012-07-09 06:52:27 1So7pa-00042B-8Z Completed


> Jul  9 09:01:40 mail postfix/smtp[21088]: EA29122005D: to=<_static-news@packages.qa.debian.org>, relay=quantz.debian.org[2607:f8f0:610:4000:216:36ff:fe40:3860]:25, delay=10, delays=0.09/0/8.9/1.2, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK id=1So7yU-0005AW-A1)

2012-07-09 07:01:39 1So7yU-0005AW-A1 <= raphael@ouaza.com H=(mail.vm.ouaza.com) [2a01:e0b:1000:23:5054:ff:fe00:d7] P=esmtp S=1447 id=20120709070112.GA3000@rivendell.home.ouaza.com
2012-07-09 07:01:39 1So7yU-0005AW-A1 => /srv/packages.qa.debian.org/mail/archive/incoming-default <_static-news@packages.qa.debian.org> R=virt_direct T=address_file QT=1s DT=0s
2012-07-09 07:01:39 1So7yU-0005AW-A1 => | /srv/packages.qa.debian.org/bin/dispatch.pl <_static-news@packages.qa.debian.org> R=virt_direct T=address_pipe QT=1s DT=0s
2012-07-09 07:01:39 1So7yU-0005AW-A1 Completed

I don't know what dispatch.pl does, so I'll leave that to you.

As for archiving, it looks to me like the .forward file for _static-news
is not matching because exim is considering -news as a local_part_suffix
rather than a part of the email address.  I'd suggest trying with
_static_news instead and see how it goes?

Cheers,
-- 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------
|   ,''`.                                            Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :                                        sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'                        Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-                                     http://www.debian.org |
 -----------------------------------------------------------------
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Reply sent to Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Mon, 09 Jul 2012 13:15:22 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Mon, 09 Jul 2012 13:15:23 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 678356-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
To: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>, 678356-done@bugs.debian.org, debian-admin@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#678356: pts-static-news@qa.debian.org seems to be broken
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 15:12:54 +0200
On Mon, 09 Jul 2012, Stephen Gran wrote:
> As for archiving, it looks to me like the .forward file for _static-news
> is not matching because exim is considering -news as a local_part_suffix
> rather than a part of the email address.  I'd suggest trying with
> _static_news instead and see how it goes?

Yup, that was it. Thanks, Stephen.

I renamed the .forward and updated the @qa alias and it's now delivered to
the correct script. My test worked for linux-2.6:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/linux-2.6.html

You can do the others that you wanted to update, Ben.

Cheers,
-- 
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/




Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 07 Aug 2012 07:34:28 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Thu Apr 17 04:38:35 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.