Debian Bug report logs - #677995
gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic

version graph

Package: gjiten; Maintainer for gjiten is Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>; Source for gjiten is src:gjiten.

Reported by: Serge Shpikin <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:30:02 UTC

Severity: grave

Found in version gjiten/2.6-2.2

Done: Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, eurekafag@eureka7.ru, Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>:
Bug#677995; Package gjiten. (Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:30:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Serge Shpikin <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to eurekafag@eureka7.ru, Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>. (Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:31:21 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Serge Shpikin <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:27:46 +0400
Package: gjiten
Version: 2.6-2.2
Severity: grave
Justification: renders package unusable

   * What led up to the situation?
     Just installed gjiten.
   * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
     ineffective)?
     Launched, tried to search some words in dictionaries, launched Kanjidic and tried search by strokes number.
   * What was the outcome of this action?
     No kana/kanji displayed in the main window, just English translation. Console output contains lots of this:
     (gjiten:11011): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
     When looking up a kanji in kanjidic buttons contain garbage (seems like a UTF-8 encoding issue): http://ompldr.org/vZWR1ZA (screenshot). Console contains many lines like this:
     (gjiten:11011): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
   * What outcome did you expect instead?
     Kanji displayed in both gjiten and kanjidic because without them it's unusable at all.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (700, 'testing'), (600, 'stable'), (500, 'unstable'), (400, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 3.3.0-trunk-686-pae (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages gjiten depends on:
ii  edict               2012.05.09-1
ii  gconf2              3.2.5-1
ii  kanjidic            2012.05.09-1
ii  libart-2.0-2        2.3.21-1
ii  libatk1.0-0         2.4.0-2
ii  libbonobo2-0        2.24.3-1
ii  libbonoboui2-0      2.24.3-1
ii  libc6               2.13-33
ii  libcairo2           1.12.2-1
ii  libfontconfig1      2.9.0-6
ii  libfreetype6        2.4.9-1
ii  libgconf2-4         3.2.5-1
ii  libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0  2.26.1-1
ii  libglade2-0         1:2.6.4-1
ii  libglib2.0-0        2.32.3-1
ii  libgnome2-0         2.32.1-2
ii  libgnomecanvas2-0   2.30.3-1
ii  libgnomeui-0        2.24.5-2
ii  libgnomevfs2-0      1:2.24.4-1
ii  libgtk2.0-0         2.24.10-1
ii  libice6             2:1.0.8-2
ii  liborbit2           1:2.14.19-0.1
ii  libpango1.0-0       1.30.0-1
ii  libpopt0            1.16-7
ii  libsm6              2:1.2.1-2
ii  libxml2             2.8.0+dfsg1-3

Versions of packages gjiten recommends:
ii  fonts-ipaexfont-mincho [fonts-japanese-mincho]  00103-9
ii  fonts-ipafont-mincho [fonts-japanese-mincho]    00303-6

Versions of packages gjiten suggests:
pn  enamdict  <none>

-- no debconf information




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>:
Bug#677995; Package gjiten. (Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:39:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Botond Botyanszki <boti@siliconium.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>. (Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:39:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 677995@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Botond Botyanszki <boti@siliconium.net>
To: Serge Shpikin <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>, 677995@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#677995: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:36:41 +0200
Hi,

This issue is caused most likely because you are trying to use euc-jp
encoded dictionary files. Gjiten needs utf-8 encoded files.

Regards,
Botond

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:27:46 +0400
Serge Shpikin <eurekafag@eureka7.ru> wrote:

> Package: gjiten
> Version: 2.6-2.2
> Severity: grave
> Justification: renders package unusable
> 
>    * What led up to the situation?
>      Just installed gjiten.
>    * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
>      ineffective)?
>      Launched, tried to search some words in dictionaries, launched Kanjidic and tried search by strokes number.
>    * What was the outcome of this action?
>      No kana/kanji displayed in the main window, just English translation. Console output contains lots of this:
>      (gjiten:11011): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
>      When looking up a kanji in kanjidic buttons contain garbage (seems like a UTF-8 encoding issue): http://ompldr.org/vZWR1ZA (screenshot). Console contains many lines like this:
>      (gjiten:11011): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
>    * What outcome did you expect instead?
>      Kanji displayed in both gjiten and kanjidic because without them it's unusable at all.
> 
> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: wheezy/sid
>   APT prefers testing
>   APT policy: (700, 'testing'), (600, 'stable'), (500, 'unstable'), (400, 'experimental')
> Architecture: i386 (i686)
> 
> Kernel: Linux 3.3.0-trunk-686-pae (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
> Locale: LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
> 
> Versions of packages gjiten depends on:
> ii  edict               2012.05.09-1
> ii  gconf2              3.2.5-1
> ii  kanjidic            2012.05.09-1
> ii  libart-2.0-2        2.3.21-1
> ii  libatk1.0-0         2.4.0-2
> ii  libbonobo2-0        2.24.3-1
> ii  libbonoboui2-0      2.24.3-1
> ii  libc6               2.13-33
> ii  libcairo2           1.12.2-1
> ii  libfontconfig1      2.9.0-6
> ii  libfreetype6        2.4.9-1
> ii  libgconf2-4         3.2.5-1
> ii  libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0  2.26.1-1
> ii  libglade2-0         1:2.6.4-1
> ii  libglib2.0-0        2.32.3-1
> ii  libgnome2-0         2.32.1-2
> ii  libgnomecanvas2-0   2.30.3-1
> ii  libgnomeui-0        2.24.5-2
> ii  libgnomevfs2-0      1:2.24.4-1
> ii  libgtk2.0-0         2.24.10-1
> ii  libice6             2:1.0.8-2
> ii  liborbit2           1:2.14.19-0.1
> ii  libpango1.0-0       1.30.0-1
> ii  libpopt0            1.16-7
> ii  libsm6              2:1.2.1-2
> ii  libxml2             2.8.0+dfsg1-3
> 
> Versions of packages gjiten recommends:
> ii  fonts-ipaexfont-mincho [fonts-japanese-mincho]  00103-9
> ii  fonts-ipafont-mincho [fonts-japanese-mincho]    00303-6
> 
> Versions of packages gjiten suggests:
> pn  enamdict  <none>
> 
> -- no debconf information
> 
> 
> 




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>:
Bug#677995; Package gjiten. (Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:00:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>. (Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:00:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 677995@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>
To: Botond Botyanszki <boti@siliconium.net>
Cc: 677995@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#677995: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:56:51 +0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Yes, that could be the cause. But Debian provides only these dictionaries,
I mean from edict. I also installed enamdict as gjiten suggests it and it
contains some Japanese words but they aren't common words just proper
names; place-names, surnames and so on. Kanjidic shows no kanjis when I
select this dictionary as the source. I guess those dictionaries from edict
package should be converted to UTF-8 then but I don't know if this will
break something. Without dictionaries gjiten and kanjidic are useless
anyway.

2012/6/19 Botond Botyanszki <boti@siliconium.net>

> Hi,
>
> This issue is caused most likely because you are trying to use euc-jp
> encoded dictionary files. Gjiten needs utf-8 encoded files.
>
> Regards,
> Botond
>
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:27:46 +0400
> Serge Shpikin <eurekafag@eureka7.ru> wrote:
>
> > Package: gjiten
> > Version: 2.6-2.2
> > Severity: grave
> > Justification: renders package unusable
> >
> >    * What led up to the situation?
> >      Just installed gjiten.
> >    * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
> >      ineffective)?
> >      Launched, tried to search some words in dictionaries, launched
> Kanjidic and tried search by strokes number.
> >    * What was the outcome of this action?
> >      No kana/kanji displayed in the main window, just English
> translation. Console output contains lots of this:
> >      (gjiten:11011): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert:
> assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
> >      When looking up a kanji in kanjidic buttons contain garbage (seems
> like a UTF-8 encoding issue): http://ompldr.org/vZWR1ZA (screenshot).
> Console contains many lines like this:
> >      (gjiten:11011): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
> pango_layout_set_text()
> >    * What outcome did you expect instead?
> >      Kanji displayed in both gjiten and kanjidic because without them
> it's unusable at all.
> >
> > -- System Information:
> > Debian Release: wheezy/sid
> >   APT prefers testing
> >   APT policy: (700, 'testing'), (600, 'stable'), (500, 'unstable'),
> (400, 'experimental')
> > Architecture: i386 (i686)
> >
> > Kernel: Linux 3.3.0-trunk-686-pae (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
> > Locale: LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> > Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
> >
> > Versions of packages gjiten depends on:
> > ii  edict               2012.05.09-1
> > ii  gconf2              3.2.5-1
> > ii  kanjidic            2012.05.09-1
> > ii  libart-2.0-2        2.3.21-1
> > ii  libatk1.0-0         2.4.0-2
> > ii  libbonobo2-0        2.24.3-1
> > ii  libbonoboui2-0      2.24.3-1
> > ii  libc6               2.13-33
> > ii  libcairo2           1.12.2-1
> > ii  libfontconfig1      2.9.0-6
> > ii  libfreetype6        2.4.9-1
> > ii  libgconf2-4         3.2.5-1
> > ii  libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0  2.26.1-1
> > ii  libglade2-0         1:2.6.4-1
> > ii  libglib2.0-0        2.32.3-1
> > ii  libgnome2-0         2.32.1-2
> > ii  libgnomecanvas2-0   2.30.3-1
> > ii  libgnomeui-0        2.24.5-2
> > ii  libgnomevfs2-0      1:2.24.4-1
> > ii  libgtk2.0-0         2.24.10-1
> > ii  libice6             2:1.0.8-2
> > ii  liborbit2           1:2.14.19-0.1
> > ii  libpango1.0-0       1.30.0-1
> > ii  libpopt0            1.16-7
> > ii  libsm6              2:1.2.1-2
> > ii  libxml2             2.8.0+dfsg1-3
> >
> > Versions of packages gjiten recommends:
> > ii  fonts-ipaexfont-mincho [fonts-japanese-mincho]  00103-9
> > ii  fonts-ipafont-mincho [fonts-japanese-mincho]    00303-6
> >
> > Versions of packages gjiten suggests:
> > pn  enamdict  <none>
> >
> > -- no debconf information
> >
> >
> >
>
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>:
Bug#677995; Package gjiten. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:15:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to boti@siliconium.net:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:15:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 677995@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Botond Botyanszki <boti@siliconium.net>
To: eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>
Cc: 677995@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#677995: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:10:05 +0200
The gjiten postinst script converts the dictionary files to utf-8 and
places these into /usr/share/gjiten/dics/.
You should be using these.

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:56:51 +0400
eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru> wrote:

> Yes, that could be the cause. But Debian provides only these dictionaries,
> I mean from edict. I also installed enamdict as gjiten suggests it and it
> contains some Japanese words but they aren't common words just proper
> names; place-names, surnames and so on. Kanjidic shows no kanjis when I
> select this dictionary as the source. I guess those dictionaries from edict
> package should be converted to UTF-8 then but I don't know if this will
> break something. Without dictionaries gjiten and kanjidic are useless
> anyway.
> 
> 2012/6/19 Botond Botyanszki <boti@siliconium.net>
> 
> > Hi,
> >
> > This issue is caused most likely because you are trying to use euc-jp
> > encoded dictionary files. Gjiten needs utf-8 encoded files.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Botond
> >
> > On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:27:46 +0400
> > Serge Shpikin <eurekafag@eureka7.ru> wrote:
> >
> > > Package: gjiten
> > > Version: 2.6-2.2
> > > Severity: grave
> > > Justification: renders package unusable
> > >
> > >    * What led up to the situation?
> > >      Just installed gjiten.
> > >    * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
> > >      ineffective)?
> > >      Launched, tried to search some words in dictionaries, launched
> > Kanjidic and tried search by strokes number.
> > >    * What was the outcome of this action?
> > >      No kana/kanji displayed in the main window, just English
> > translation. Console output contains lots of this:
> > >      (gjiten:11011): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert:
> > assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
> > >      When looking up a kanji in kanjidic buttons contain garbage (seems
> > like a UTF-8 encoding issue): http://ompldr.org/vZWR1ZA (screenshot).
> > Console contains many lines like this:
> > >      (gjiten:11011): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
> > pango_layout_set_text()
> > >    * What outcome did you expect instead?
> > >      Kanji displayed in both gjiten and kanjidic because without them
> > it's unusable at all.
> > >
> > > -- System Information:
> > > Debian Release: wheezy/sid
> > >   APT prefers testing
> > >   APT policy: (700, 'testing'), (600, 'stable'), (500, 'unstable'),
> > (400, 'experimental')
> > > Architecture: i386 (i686)
> > >
> > > Kernel: Linux 3.3.0-trunk-686-pae (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
> > > Locale: LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> > > Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
> > >
> > > Versions of packages gjiten depends on:
> > > ii  edict               2012.05.09-1
> > > ii  gconf2              3.2.5-1
> > > ii  kanjidic            2012.05.09-1
> > > ii  libart-2.0-2        2.3.21-1
> > > ii  libatk1.0-0         2.4.0-2
> > > ii  libbonobo2-0        2.24.3-1
> > > ii  libbonoboui2-0      2.24.3-1
> > > ii  libc6               2.13-33
> > > ii  libcairo2           1.12.2-1
> > > ii  libfontconfig1      2.9.0-6
> > > ii  libfreetype6        2.4.9-1
> > > ii  libgconf2-4         3.2.5-1
> > > ii  libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0  2.26.1-1
> > > ii  libglade2-0         1:2.6.4-1
> > > ii  libglib2.0-0        2.32.3-1
> > > ii  libgnome2-0         2.32.1-2
> > > ii  libgnomecanvas2-0   2.30.3-1
> > > ii  libgnomeui-0        2.24.5-2
> > > ii  libgnomevfs2-0      1:2.24.4-1
> > > ii  libgtk2.0-0         2.24.10-1
> > > ii  libice6             2:1.0.8-2
> > > ii  liborbit2           1:2.14.19-0.1
> > > ii  libpango1.0-0       1.30.0-1
> > > ii  libpopt0            1.16-7
> > > ii  libsm6              2:1.2.1-2
> > > ii  libxml2             2.8.0+dfsg1-3
> > >
> > > Versions of packages gjiten recommends:
> > > ii  fonts-ipaexfont-mincho [fonts-japanese-mincho]  00103-9
> > > ii  fonts-ipafont-mincho [fonts-japanese-mincho]    00303-6
> > >
> > > Versions of packages gjiten suggests:
> > > pn  enamdict  <none>
> > >
> > > -- no debconf information
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>:
Bug#677995; Package gjiten. (Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:36:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>. (Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:36:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #25 received at 677995@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>
To: 677995@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#677995: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:33:33 +0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
I've added them, removed ~/.gconf/apps/gjiten, killed gconf and now it
seems to work ok. Also, I can't delete dictionaries from Gjiten or move
them up in the list. When I press the remove button it crashes:
http://pastebin.com/jjnuWpuR If you experience the same behavior I can post
another bug report then.

2012/6/20 Botond Botyanszki <boti@siliconium.net>

>
> The gjiten postinst script converts the dictionary files to utf-8 and
> places these into /usr/share/gjiten/dics/.
> You should be using these.
>
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:56:51 +0400
> eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru> wrote:
>
> > Yes, that could be the cause. But Debian provides only these
> dictionaries,
> > I mean from edict. I also installed enamdict as gjiten suggests it and it
> > contains some Japanese words but they aren't common words just proper
> > names; place-names, surnames and so on. Kanjidic shows no kanjis when I
> > select this dictionary as the source. I guess those dictionaries from
> edict
> > package should be converted to UTF-8 then but I don't know if this will
> > break something. Without dictionaries gjiten and kanjidic are useless
> > anyway.
>
>
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>:
Bug#677995; Package gjiten. (Fri, 20 Jul 2012 23:45:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@nigauri.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>. (Fri, 20 Jul 2012 23:45:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #30 received at 677995@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@nigauri.org>
To: 677995@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 08:35:38 +0900
Hi,

I checked this problem, but I did not have, work fine

The problem was not able to be checked although I used this software
in Japanese environment.
It is the same also in English environment.
An error message which reporter is writing was not displayed, either.

Nobuhiro

-- 
Nobuhiro Iwamatsu
   iwamatsu at {nigauri.org / debian.org}
   GPG ID: 40AD1FA6



Message sent on to Serge Shpikin <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>:
Bug#677995. (Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:09:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #33 received at 677995-submitter@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp>
To: 677995-submitter@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:07:20 +0900
Hi Serge,

 Please check below items and report it to BTS.

  - Do you have Japanese locale? if not, please install locales-all
    package and test it
  - Which Desktop Environment do you use? GNOME, KDE, etc.
    What happened if you would switch another Desktop Environment?
  - Which Window Manager do you use?
  - If you would switch another user session, does it happen?


-- 
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>:
Bug#677995; Package gjiten. (Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>. (Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #38 received at 677995@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>
To: 677995@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#677995: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:35:56 +0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Hideki,

Now it works quite good. The problem was with the unconverted dictionaries.
Though moving dictionaries up or down in settings leads to segfault
immediately. Answers to your questions:

- I have only en_US.UTF-8 and ru_RU.UTF-8 locales;
- I don't use any DE and I don't have one;
- I use Awesome WM;
- Another user has it working out of the box. The problem is, gjiten holds
its settings in GConf and it's not that easy to cleanup comparing to plain
configs stored in ~/.config. I migrated my profile for quite a long time
(even between different distros) and it seems that it now has some
deprecated settings like this one.

2012/8/19 Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp>

> Hi Serge,
>
>  Please check below items and report it to BTS.
>
>   - Do you have Japanese locale? if not, please install locales-all
>     package and test it
>   - Which Desktop Environment do you use? GNOME, KDE, etc.
>     What happened if you would switch another Desktop Environment?
>   - Which Window Manager do you use?
>   - If you would switch another user session, does it happen?
>
>
> --
> Regards,
>
>  Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
>  http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane
>
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Message sent on to Serge Shpikin <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>:
Bug#677995. (Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:18:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #41 received at 677995-submitter@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp>
To: 677995-submitter@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#677995: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 17:13:57 +0900
Hi Serge,

 I'm glad to hear that :)
 Then, can I close this bug? or downgrade severity and tagged as upstream?


-- 
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>:
Bug#677995; Package gjiten. (Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:21:22 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>. (Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:21:22 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #46 received at 677995@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>
To: 677995@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#677995: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:20:39 +0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Hideki,

Of course, close it. Maybe it would be useful to delete the original
dictionary files after the conversion since they're not quite useful and
may lead to such errors. I don't know, just proposing.

2012/8/23 Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp>

> Hi Serge,
>
>  I'm glad to hear that :)
>  Then, can I close this bug? or downgrade severity and tagged as upstream?
>
>
> --
> Regards,
>
>  Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
>  http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane
>
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>:
Bug#677995; Package gjiten. (Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Botond Botyanszki <boti@siliconium.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Botond Botyanszki <b0ti@users.sourceforge.net>. (Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #51 received at 677995@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Botond Botyanszki <boti@siliconium.net>
To: eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>, 677995@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#677995: gjiten: Doesn't show kana/kanji, displays garbage in kanjidic
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 14:04:22 +0200
Hi,

The original dictionary files are not removed because these are part of
other packages (edict, kanjidic) and there are other packages in debian
which depend on these.

Regards,
Botond

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:20:39 +0400
eurekafag <eurekafag@eureka7.ru> wrote:

> Hi Hideki,
> 
> Of course, close it. Maybe it would be useful to delete the original
> dictionary files after the conversion since they're not quite useful
> and may lead to such errors. I don't know, just proposing.
> 
> 2012/8/23 Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp>
> 
> > Hi Serge,
> >
> >  I'm glad to hear that :)
> >  Then, can I close this bug? or downgrade severity and tagged as
> > upstream?
> >
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> >  Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
> >  http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane
> >




Reply sent to Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp>:
You have taken responsibility. (Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:33:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Serge Shpikin <eurekafag@eureka7.ru>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:33:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #56 received at 677995-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp>
To: 677995-done@bugs.debian.org
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 03:32:11 +0900

-- 
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane



Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 21 Sep 2012 07:43:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Wed Apr 23 21:39:40 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.