Debian Bug report logs - #672696
RFP: vmtouch -- File system cache diagnostics and control

Package: wnpp; Maintainer for wnpp is wnpp@debian.org;

Reported by: Alexey Ivanov <rbtz@yandex-team.ru>

Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 22:21:02 UTC

Severity: wishlist

Tags: pending

Fix blocked by 739484: RFS: vmtouch/0.8-1 [ITP]

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#672696; Package wnpp. (Sat, 12 May 2012 22:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Alexey Ivanov <rbtz@yandex-team.ru>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Sat, 12 May 2012 22:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Alexey Ivanov <rbtz@yandex-team.ru>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: ITP: vmtouch -- Portable file system cache diagnostics and control
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 02:18:34 +0400
Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

Source: https://github.com/hoytech/vmtouch
Description: vmtouch is a tool for learning about and controlling the file system cache of unix and unix-like systems.
Copyright: 2012 Doug Hoyte <doug [at] hcsw.org>
License: BSD

-- 
Alexey Ivanov
Yandex Search Admin Team




Owner recorded as rbtz@yandex-team.ru. Request was from Nathan Handler <nhandler@ubuntu.com> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 07 Jun 2012 17:12:14 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, rbtz@yandex-team.ru:
Bug#672696; Package wnpp. (Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:06:39 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, rbtz@yandex-team.ru. (Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:06:39 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #12 received at 672696@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org>
To: 672696@bugs.debian.org
Cc: control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: vmtouch: changing back from ITP to RFP
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 18:58:54 +0200
retitle 672696 RFP: vmtouch -- Portable file system cache diagnostics and control
noowner 672696
tag 672696 - pending
thanks

Hi,

A long time ago, you expressed interest in packaging vmtouch. Unfortunately,
it seems that it did not happen. In Debian, we try not to keep ITP bugs open
for a too long time, as it might cause other prospective maintainers to
refrain from packaging the software.

This is an automatic email to change the status of vmtouch back from ITP
(Intent to Package) to RFP (Request for Package), because this bug hasn't seen
any activity during the last 14 months.

If you are still interested in packaging vmtouch, please send a mail to
<control@bugs.debian.org> with:

 retitle 672696 ITP: vmtouch -- Portable file system cache diagnostics and control
 owner 672696 !
 thanks

It is also a good idea to document your progress on this ITP from time to
time, by mailing <672696@bugs.debian.org>.  If you need guidance on how to
package this software, please reply to this email, and/or contact the
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org mailing list.

Thank you for your interest in Debian,
-- 
Lucas, for the QA team <debian-qa@lists.debian.org>



Changed Bug title to 'RFP: vmtouch -- Portable file system cache diagnostics and control' from 'ITP: vmtouch -- Portable file system cache diagnostics and control' Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:15:36 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Removed annotation that Bug was owned by rbtz@yandex-team.ru. Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:15:36 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#672696; Package wnpp. (Mon, 19 Aug 2013 00:57:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Alexey Ivanov <rbtz@yandex-team.ru>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Mon, 19 Aug 2013 00:57:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #21 received at 672696@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Alexey Ivanov <rbtz@yandex-team.ru>
To: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org>, 672696@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#672696: vmtouch: changing back from ITP to RFP
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 04:47:04 +0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Debianization was completed and tested on our infrastructure a year ago.
Now it's merged upstream and available in vmtouch repository:
	https://github.com/hoytech/vmtouch

On 8/16/13 20:58 , Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> retitle 672696 RFP: vmtouch -- Portable file system cache diagnostics and control
> noowner 672696
> tag 672696 - pending
> thanks
> 
> Hi,
> 
> A long time ago, you expressed interest in packaging vmtouch. Unfortunately,
> it seems that it did not happen. In Debian, we try not to keep ITP bugs open
> for a too long time, as it might cause other prospective maintainers to
> refrain from packaging the software.
> 
> This is an automatic email to change the status of vmtouch back from ITP
> (Intent to Package) to RFP (Request for Package), because this bug hasn't seen
> any activity during the last 14 months.
> 
> If you are still interested in packaging vmtouch, please send a mail to
> <control@bugs.debian.org> with:
> 
>  retitle 672696 ITP: vmtouch -- Portable file system cache diagnostics and control
>  owner 672696 !
>  thanks
> 
> It is also a good idea to document your progress on this ITP from time to
> time, by mailing <672696@bugs.debian.org>.  If you need guidance on how to
> package this software, please reply to this email, and/or contact the
> debian-mentors@lists.debian.org mailing list.
> 
> Thank you for your interest in Debian,
> 

-- 
Alexey Ivanov
Developer@Yandex
*************
Skype: SaveTheRbtz
http://staff.yandex-team.ru/rbtz
*************

[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#672696; Package wnpp. (Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:06:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:06:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #26 received at 672696@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: Alexey Ivanov <rbtz@yandex-team.ru>
Cc: 672696@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#672696: vmtouch: changing back from ITP to RFP
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 17:59:51 +0200
On 19/08/13 at 04:47 +0400, Alexey Ivanov wrote:
> Debianization was completed and tested on our infrastructure a year ago.
> Now it's merged upstream and available in vmtouch repository:
> 	https://github.com/hoytech/vmtouch

OK, but are you still interested in maintaining that package in Debian?
(That's what this bug is about)

Lucas



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#672696; Package wnpp. (Mon, 19 Aug 2013 23:12:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Alexey Ivanov <rbtz@yandex-team.ru>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Mon, 19 Aug 2013 23:12:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #31 received at 672696@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Alexey Ivanov <rbtz@yandex-team.ru>
To: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
Cc: 672696@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#672696: vmtouch: changing back from ITP to RFP
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 03:09:36 +0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On 8/19/13 19:59 , Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 19/08/13 at 04:47 +0400, Alexey Ivanov wrote:
>> Debianization was completed and tested on our infrastructure a year ago.
>> Now it's merged upstream and available in vmtouch repository:
>> 	https://github.com/hoytech/vmtouch
> 
> OK, but are you still interested in maintaining that package in Debian?
> (That's what this bug is about)
Sorry, I'm no longer following `vmtouch` project.
> 
> Lucas
> 

-- 
Alexey Ivanov
Developer@Yandex
*************
Skype: SaveTheRbtz
http://staff.yandex-team.ru/rbtz
*************

[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Changed Bug title to 'RFP: vmtouch -- File system cache diagnostics and control' from 'RFP: vmtouch -- Portable file system cache diagnostics and control' Request was from Emmanuel Kasper <emmanuel@libera.cc> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:36:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Owner recorded as emmanuel@libera.cc. Request was from Emmanuel Kasper <emmanuel@libera.cc> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:36:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added tag(s) pending. Request was from Emmanuel Kasper <emmanuel@libera.cc> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:36:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Removed annotation that Bug was owned by emmanuel@libera.cc. Request was from Bart Martens <bartm@quantz.debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 19 Feb 2014 16:30:31 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#672696; Package wnpp. (Mon, 24 Feb 2014 09:30:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Manu Ka <emmanuel@libera.cc>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org.

Your message did not contain a Subject field. They are recommended and useful because the title of a Bug is determined using this field. Please remember to include a Subject field in your messages in future.

(Mon, 24 Feb 2014 09:30:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.


Message #44 received at 672696@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Manu Ka <emmanuel@libera.cc>
To: 672696@bugs.debian.org
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:26:36 +0100
A Debian package of vmtouch has been uploaded to http://mentors.debian.net/package/vmtouch
Feel free to review.

Added blocking bug(s) of 672696: 739484 Request was from Sven Bartscher <sven.bartscher@weltraumschlangen.de> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 02 Mar 2014 16:03:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sat Apr 19 15:04:27 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.