Debian Bug report logs - #664681
transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace

Package: release.debian.org; Maintainer for release.debian.org is Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>;

Reported by: Sune Vuorela <sune@debian.org>

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:09:06 UTC

Severity: normal

Done: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:09:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Sune Vuorela <sune@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:09:21 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Sune Vuorela <sune@debian.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:07:22 +0100
Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: transition


Hi release team

a couple of months ago, KDE released the januar feature release
versioned as 4.8. 

We are currently slowly preparing it and expect to have it ready in a
month or two, depending on what fits best in your timeframe.

We have a strong suspicion, among other things due to a almost frozen
kdelibs upstream and due to the various source package splits that has
happened as part of the 4.7 transition, that the 4.8 transition will be
a handful of  untangled transitions each involving 3-5 other small
sourcepackages and a unknown amount of shlibs bumps.

The reason for this bug is mostly to make sure it is somewhere on your
radar before the wheezy freeze.

Love and kisses

/Sune

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-2-686-pae (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_DK.ISO-8859-15, LC_CTYPE=en_DK.ISO-8859-15 (charmap=ISO-8859-15)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:22:18 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:22:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Sune Vuorela <sune@debian.org>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:10:07 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
tag 664681 moreinfo
kthxbye

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 22:07:22 +0100, Sune Vuorela wrote:

> Package: release.debian.org
> Severity: normal
> User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
> Usertags: transition
> 
> 
> Hi release team
> 
> a couple of months ago, KDE released the januar feature release
> versioned as 4.8. 
> 
> We are currently slowly preparing it and expect to have it ready in a
> month or two, depending on what fits best in your timeframe.
> 
Tagging moreinfo for now, please untag when this is ready from your
side.  If it goes like 4.7 it shouldn't be much trouble.

Should we do the qt multiarch change before this?

> We have a strong suspicion, among other things due to a almost frozen
> kdelibs upstream and due to the various source package splits that has
> happened as part of the 4.7 transition, that the 4.8 transition will be
> a handful of  untangled transitions each involving 3-5 other small
> sourcepackages and a unknown amount of shlibs bumps.
> 
> The reason for this bug is mostly to make sure it is somewhere on your
> radar before the wheezy freeze.
> 
Thanks, appreciated.

> Love and kisses
> 
:)

Cheers,
Julien
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Added tag(s) moreinfo. Request was from Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:22:21 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:48:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Sune Vuorela <sune@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:48:12 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #17 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Sune Vuorela <sune@debian.org>
To: 664681@bugs.debian.org, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:45:02 +0100
On Saturday 24 March 2012 22:10:07 you wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 22:07:22 +0100, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > a couple of months ago, KDE released the januar feature release

> Should we do the qt multiarch change before this?

We can do the qt multiarch change first. we also can do it after. 

I would personally like to see the Qt multiarch change done, because it also 
brings in qt4.8

/Sune
-- 
How might I rename a graphic gadget on a CPU?

You neither have to remove the graphic EIDE Web address to the provider, nor 
should log from a ISA SIMM to a utility for turning off the RAM periferic on a 
RW controller.




Added blocking bug(s) of 664681: 653903 Request was from Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 05 Apr 2012 13:51:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 02 Jun 2012 20:39:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 02 Jun 2012 20:39:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #24 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>
To: 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 23:35:54 +0300
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hello,

On šeštadienis 24 Kovas 2012 23:45:02 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On Saturday 24 March 2012 22:10:07 you wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 22:07:22 +0100, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > > a couple of months ago, KDE released the januar feature release
> > 
> > Should we do the qt multiarch change before this?
> 
> We can do the qt multiarch change first. we also can do it after.
> 
> I would personally like to see the Qt multiarch change done, because it
> also brings in qt4.8

With qt4-x11 multiarch done [1] and KDE Plasma Workspaces ready in experimental [2],
when could we expect a transition slot?

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=653903 [ bug not closed though ]
[2] http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/redir/kde-sc-buildd-experimental?compact=1

-- 
Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Sun, 03 Jun 2012 22:36:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sun, 03 Jun 2012 22:36:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #29 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
To: Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 00:35:38 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hello,

Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org> (02/06/2012):
> With qt4-x11 multiarch done [1] and KDE Plasma Workspaces ready in
> experimental [2], when could we expect a transition slot?
> 
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=653903 [ bug not closed though ]
> [2] http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/redir/kde-sc-buildd-experimental?compact=1

I just replied to [1], should be done quite soon; do we need to set up a
tracker for [2], or will you just be able to monitor everything on your
end?

I /think/ you should be able to go ahead right now. A ben file would
help us spot what could be entangled with other ongoing transitions.

Mraw,
KiBi.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 09 Jun 2012 20:57:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 09 Jun 2012 20:57:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #34 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>
To: 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>, Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 22:52:55 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

Alle lunedì 4 giugno 2012, Cyril Brulebois ha scritto:
> Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org> (02/06/2012):
> > With qt4-x11 multiarch done [1] and KDE Plasma Workspaces ready in
> > experimental [2], when could we expect a transition slot?
> > 
> > [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=653903 [ bug
> > not closed though ] [2]
> > http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/redir/kde-sc-buildd-experimental?
> > compact=1
> 
> I just replied to [1], should be done quite soon; do we need to set
> up a tracker for [2], or will you just be able to monitor everything
> on your end?

A "kde-workspace4.8" tracker would be nice, at least for the few 
workspace libraries that bumped soname:

* kde-workspace-dev/kdebase-workspace-dev (src:kde-workspace):
    libkwineffects1abi2     -> libkwineffects1abi3
    libkworkspace4          -> libkworkspace4abi1
    libplasmaclock4abi2     -> libplasmaclock4abi3
    libtaskmanager4abi2     -> libtaskmanager4abi3

The third party sources affected are the following:

    apper
    kdenetwork (**)
    kshutdown (*)
    ktorrent
    plasma-widget-adjustableclock
    plasma-widget-fastuserswitch
    plasma-widget-smooth-tasks (*)

(*) fails to compile with the newer workspace API
(**) fails to compile due to bumped soversion in libs which affects
     .install files

> I /think/ you should be able to go ahead right now. A ben file would
> help us spot what could be entangled with other ongoing transitions.

Modestas started to push the following sources:
    meta-kde
    oxygen-icons
    kactivities
    kde4libs
    kde-runtime
    kdepimlibs
    kde-wallpapers
    kde-workspace
    kdeplasma-addons
    kde-baseapps
and a fixed kdenetwork will follow too

Thanks,
-- 
Pino Toscano
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Added tag(s) pending. Request was from Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 09 Jun 2012 21:03:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Removed tag(s) moreinfo. Request was from Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 09 Jun 2012 21:12:33 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Sun, 10 Jun 2012 16:18:48 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sun, 10 Jun 2012 16:18:48 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #43 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>, Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:10:35 +0100
On Sat, 2012-06-09 at 22:52 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> A "kde-workspace4.8" tracker would be nice, at least for the few 
> workspace libraries that bumped soname:
> 
> * kde-workspace-dev/kdebase-workspace-dev (src:kde-workspace):
>     libkwineffects1abi2     -> libkwineffects1abi3
>     libkworkspace4          -> libkworkspace4abi1
>     libplasmaclock4abi2     -> libplasmaclock4abi3
>     libtaskmanager4abi2     -> libtaskmanager4abi3

Added at
<URL:http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/kde-workspace4.8.html>.
There's quite a few "unknown"s on there, but the good/bad appear to map
to your list of affected packages.

> The third party sources affected are the following:
> 
>     apper
>     kdenetwork (**)
>     kshutdown (*)
>     ktorrent
>     plasma-widget-adjustableclock
>     plasma-widget-fastuserswitch
>     plasma-widget-smooth-tasks (*)
> 
> (*) fails to compile with the newer workspace API

Is there a plan for getting kshutdown and p-w-smooth-tasks fixed or
removed?

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:48:16 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:48:17 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #48 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>
To: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Cc: 664681@bugs.debian.org, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>, Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:45:57 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Alle domenica 10 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> On Sat, 2012-06-09 at 22:52 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > A "kde-workspace4.8" tracker would be nice, at least for the few
> > workspace libraries that bumped soname:
> > 
> > * kde-workspace-dev/kdebase-workspace-dev (src:kde-workspace):
> >     libkwineffects1abi2     -> libkwineffects1abi3
> >     libkworkspace4          -> libkworkspace4abi1
> >     libplasmaclock4abi2     -> libplasmaclock4abi3
> >     libtaskmanager4abi2     -> libtaskmanager4abi3
> 
> Added at
> <URL:http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/kde-workspace4.8.html
> >.

Thanks for this.

> >There's quite a few "unknown"s on there, but the good/bad appear
> to map to your list of affected packages.

It is fine, since kde-workspace provides other libraries and
kde(base)-workspace-dev installs all of them, and only few of those had 
SONAME bumps.

> > The third party sources affected are the following:
> >     apper
> >     kdenetwork (**)
> >     kshutdown (*)
> >     ktorrent
> >     plasma-widget-adjustableclock
> >     plasma-widget-fastuserswitch
> >     plasma-widget-smooth-tasks (*)
> > 
> > (*) fails to compile with the newer workspace API
> 
> Is there a plan for getting kshutdown and p-w-smooth-tasks fixed or
> removed?

They are leaf packages so they can be always hinted out of testing until 
they get fixes.
- kshutdown has not been handled yet, we will do so soon
- plasma-widget-smooth-tasks is getting an update to a forked version of
  it (since the original seems to not be developed lately...)
the rest of the sources (those without */**) can be binNMUed now, I 
think (as kde-workspace compiled everywhere in release archs at least).

Thanks,
-- 
Pino Toscano
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:54:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:54:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #53 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>, Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:50:50 +0100
On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 16:45 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Alle domenica 10 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> > On Sat, 2012-06-09 at 22:52 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > <URL:http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/kde-workspace4.8.html
[...]
> > >     kshutdown (*)
[...]
> > >     plasma-widget-smooth-tasks (*)
> > > 
> > > (*) fails to compile with the newer workspace API
> > 
> > Is there a plan for getting kshutdown and p-w-smooth-tasks fixed or
> > removed?
> 
> They are leaf packages so they can be always hinted out of testing until 
> they get fixes.
> - kshutdown has not been handled yet, we will do so soon
> - plasma-widget-smooth-tasks is getting an update to a forked version of
>   it (since the original seems to not be developed lately...)

Okay; thanks.

> the rest of the sources (those without */**) can be binNMUed now, I 
> think (as kde-workspace compiled everywhere in release archs at least).

Yep.  Scheduled, minus apper/sparc which appears to have built more
recently than the other arches and already picked up the correct
dependency.

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:36:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Marcos Marado <mindboosternoori@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:36:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #58 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Marcos Marado <mindboosternoori@gmail.com>
To: control@bugs.debian.org
Cc: 664681@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:34:20 +0100
block 664681 by 677628
thanks

FYI,

There's now a bug report for the kshutdown issue[1], including a patch fixing 
it. 

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=677628

Best regards,
-- 
Marcos Marado




Added blocking bug(s) of 664681: 677628 Request was from Marcos Marado <mindboosternoori@gmail.com> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:36:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:27:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:27:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #65 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>
To: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Cc: 664681@bugs.debian.org, Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:22:15 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

Alle giovedì 14 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> > They are leaf packages so they can be always hinted out of testing
> > until they get fixes.
> > - kshutdown has not been handled yet, we will do so soon

This has been fixed yesterday.

> > - plasma-widget-smooth-tasks is getting an update to a forked
> > version of
> >   it (since the original seems to not be developed lately...)

This still need to be fixed.

> Yep.  Scheduled, minus apper/sparc which appears to have built more
> recently than the other arches and already picked up the correct
> dependency.

Thanks, it seems everywhere binNMUs went fine.
Given that kde-workspace is 9/10, would it be possible to let it migrate 
tonight, hinting temporarly kshutdown and plasma-widget-smooth-tasks out 
of testing? The former would migrate again on its own in 10 days, the 
latter... dunno, it would not be a grave loss OTOH.

Thanks,
-- 
Pino Toscano
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:45:32 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:45:38 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #70 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, <664681@bugs.debian.org>
Cc: Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>, <pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:44:15 +0100
Hi,

On 20.06.2012 11:22, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Alle giovedì 14 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
>> Yep.  Scheduled, minus apper/sparc which appears to have built more
>> recently than the other arches and already picked up the correct
>> dependency.
>
> Thanks, it seems everywhere binNMUs went fine.
> Given that kde-workspace is 9/10, would it be possible to let it 
> migrate
> tonight, hinting temporarly kshutdown and plasma-widget-smooth-tasks 
> out
> of testing? The former would migrate again on its own in 10 days, the
> latter... dunno, it would not be a grave loss OTOH.

As discussed on IRC, after removing kshutdown and p-w-s-t everything 
else looks okay from a kde-workspace perspective.  The tidy up of old 
libraries in testing ends up incomplete however, because kdenetwork is 
only 3/10 and the testing version depends on libkworkspace4 - we can 
either age kdenetwork, or just live with the old library hanging around 
for a few more days; either works for me. :-)

Regards,

Adam




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:51:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:51:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #75 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>
To: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Cc: 664681@bugs.debian.org, Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 19:48:00 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

Alle mercoledì 20 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> On 20.06.2012 11:22, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > Alle giovedì 14 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> >> Yep.  Scheduled, minus apper/sparc which appears to have built
> >> more recently than the other arches and already picked up the
> >> correct dependency.
> > 
> > Thanks, it seems everywhere binNMUs went fine.
> > Given that kde-workspace is 9/10, would it be possible to let it
> > migrate
> > tonight, hinting temporarly kshutdown and
> > plasma-widget-smooth-tasks out
> > of testing? The former would migrate again on its own in 10 days,
> > the latter... dunno, it would not be a grave loss OTOH.
> 
> As discussed on IRC, after removing kshutdown and p-w-s-t everything
> else looks okay from a kde-workspace perspective.  The tidy up of old
> libraries in testing ends up incomplete however, because kdenetwork
> is only 3/10 and the testing version depends on libkworkspace4 - we
> can either age kdenetwork, or just live with the old library hanging
> around for a few more days; either works for me. :-)

If the old libraries are not a problem for a week, I'd say if you could 
temporarly keep them and wait for the kdenetwork migration (so we're 
double sure it is safe enough).

Thanks,
-- 
Pino Toscano
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:18:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:18:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #80 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:14:29 +0100
Hi,

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 19:48 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Alle mercoledì 20 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> > On 20.06.2012 11:22, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > > Alle giovedì 14 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> > > Given that kde-workspace is 9/10, would it be possible to let it
> > > migrate
> > > tonight, hinting temporarly kshutdown and
> > > plasma-widget-smooth-tasks out
> > > of testing? The former would migrate again on its own in 10 days,
> > > the latter... dunno, it would not be a grave loss OTOH.
> > 
> > As discussed on IRC, after removing kshutdown and p-w-s-t everything
> > else looks okay from a kde-workspace perspective.  The tidy up of old
> > libraries in testing ends up incomplete however, because kdenetwork
> > is only 3/10 and the testing version depends on libkworkspace4 - we
> > can either age kdenetwork, or just live with the old library hanging
> > around for a few more days; either works for me. :-)
> 
> If the old libraries are not a problem for a week, I'd say if you could 
> temporarly keep them and wait for the kdenetwork migration (so we're 
> double sure it is safe enough).

No problem.  kde-workspace and the remaining binNMUs migrated as planned
in tonight's britney run.

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:18:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Sune Vuorela <Sune@vuorela.dk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:18:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #85 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Sune Vuorela <Sune@vuorela.dk>
To: 664681@bugs.debian.org, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:44:47 +0200
On Monday 19 March 2012 22:07:22 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> We have a strong suspicion, among other things due to a almost frozen
> kdelibs upstream and due to the various source package splits that has
> happened as part of the 4.7 transition, that the 4.8 transition will be
> a handful of  untangled transitions each involving 3-5 other small
> sourcepackages and a unknown amount of shlibs bumps.

So. The big part of transitioning (kde-workspace) is done-ish now.

A lot of bits have been uploaded to unstable and should migrate by itself. 
Left is:
libmarblewidget (src:marble) having a soname change (~5 source packages 
affected)
some okteta libraries (src: kdesdk) is having a change (kdevelop affected)

a library split from src:kalgebra and also now used by cantor. 

All relevant bits are in NEW curretnly targetting experimental until you say 
'go' for unstable. We are aware and alert and ready for your go.


and then there is the splits of kdeaccessibility and kdeutils. Half of it is 
in unstable, and the rest is stuck in NEW targetting unstable and is hopefully 
in soon.

I think that's around all for now

/Sune
-- 
Man, how can I do for inserting in the hard disk?

You must receive the utility of a parallel driver for telnetting to the CPU 
over the BIOS.




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 21 Jun 2012 07:30:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 21 Jun 2012 07:30:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #90 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Sune Vuorela <sune@vuorela.dk>, <664681@bugs.debian.org>
Cc: <pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 08:27:13 +0100
On 20.06.2012 22:44, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> A lot of bits have been uploaded to unstable and should migrate by 
> itself.
> Left is:
> libmarblewidget (src:marble) having a soname change (~5 source 
> packages
> affected)
> some okteta libraries (src: kdesdk) is having a change (kdevelop 
> affected)
>
> a library split from src:kalgebra and also now used by cantor.
>
> All relevant bits are in NEW curretnly targetting experimental until 
> you say
> 'go' for unstable. We are aware and alert and ready for your go.

Might have been handy if those had been explicitly mentioned / tracked 
and in NEW earlier.  Ah well.

It looks like marble, cantor and kdesk have now made their way out of 
NEW; analitza hasn't yet at least.  Have their reverse dependencies been 
{build-,}tested against the new libraries?

> and then there is the splits of kdeaccessibility and kdeutils. Half 
> of it is
> in unstable, and the rest is stuck in NEW targetting unstable and is
> hopefully in soon.

If they're new packages aiming to get in before freeze then that would 
be handy, yes. :-)

Regards,

Adam




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:39:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:39:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #95 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Sune Vuorela <sune@vuorela.dk>, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 21:35:38 +0100
On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 08:27 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On 20.06.2012 22:44, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > A lot of bits have been uploaded to unstable and should migrate by 
> > itself.
> > Left is:
> > libmarblewidget (src:marble) having a soname change (~5 source 
> > packages
> > affected)
> > some okteta libraries (src: kdesdk) is having a change (kdevelop 
> > affected)

I've added a tracker for these at
http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/kde4.8bis.html

As discussed on IRC, please feel free to go ahead with unstable uploads
of the packages which originally went to experimental, and let us know
if you need any binNMUs.

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:03:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Sune Vuorela <Sune@vuorela.dk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:03:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #100 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Sune Vuorela <Sune@vuorela.dk>
To: pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Cc: 664681@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:01:46 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Thursday 21 June 2012 22:35:38 Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> I've added a tracker for these at
> http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/kde4.8bis.html

Great
 
> As discussed on IRC, please feel free to go ahead with unstable uploads
> of the packages which originally went to experimental, and let us know
> if you need any binNMUs.

'now' would be good.

KDEsdk is installed across all archs, so a binNMU of kdevelop would be great

marble is built on all archs and installed for all archs except ppc, so a 
binNMU for marble with a depwait on libmarble-dev > 4:4.8 would be great for 
the following packages:
digikam
kdeplasma-addons

I've done a sourceful upload of calligra (and bumped the build-dep to ensure 
that the new marble is picked up)

oh. and I think cantor/armel build has been hit by a galactic synchronization 
beam or somethnig like that, so if you could give it back, it would be great.

Hugs
/Sune
-- 
How can I overclock a processor?

The point is that you cannot open the front-end to insert the software.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:15:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:15:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #105 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Sune Vuorela <Sune@vuorela.dk>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:10:16 +0100
On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 22:01 +0200, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On Thursday 21 June 2012 22:35:38 Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> KDEsdk is installed across all archs, so a binNMU of kdevelop would be great

Scheduled.

> marble is built on all archs and installed for all archs except ppc, so a 
> binNMU for marble with a depwait on libmarble-dev > 4:4.8 would be great for 
> the following packages:
> digikam
> kdeplasma-addons

and those.

> I've done a sourceful upload of calligra (and bumped the build-dep to ensure 
> that the new marble is picked up)

okay.

> oh. and I think cantor/armel build has been hit by a galactic synchronization 
> beam or somethnig like that, so if you could give it back, it would be great.

Done.

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:24:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:24:12 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #110 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>
To: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Cc: 664681@bugs.debian.org, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:22:52 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

Alle giovedì 21 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 19:48 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > Alle mercoledì 20 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> > > On 20.06.2012 11:22, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > > > Alle giovedì 14 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> > > > Given that kde-workspace is 9/10, would it be possible to let
> > > > it migrate
> > > > tonight, hinting temporarly kshutdown and
> > > > plasma-widget-smooth-tasks out
> > > > of testing? The former would migrate again on its own in 10
> > > > days, the latter... dunno, it would not be a grave loss OTOH.
> > > 
> > > As discussed on IRC, after removing kshutdown and p-w-s-t
> > > everything else looks okay from a kde-workspace perspective. 
> > > The tidy up of old libraries in testing ends up incomplete
> > > however, because kdenetwork is only 3/10 and the testing version
> > > depends on libkworkspace4 - we can either age kdenetwork, or
> > > just live with the old library hanging around for a few more
> > > days; either works for me. :-)
> > 
> > If the old libraries are not a problem for a week, I'd say if you
> > could temporarly keep them and wait for the kdenetwork migration
> > (so we're double sure it is safe enough).
> 
> No problem.  kde-workspace and the remaining binNMUs migrated as
> planned in tonight's britney run.

kdenetwork migrated tonight, so I think the old binaries could be 
removed and this transition (i.e. the kde-workspace one) declared done.

-- 
Pino Toscano
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:39:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:39:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #115 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>
To: 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:35:51 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

here it is a recap of the status of the various bits currently ongoing 
so far.

1) marble transition
  sourceful uploads for: marble
  binNMUs for: calligra, digikam, kdeplasma-addons
-> 5/10 old, but could be ready to migrate

2) okteta transition
  sourceful uploads for: kdesdk
  binNMUs for: kdevelop
-> 5/10 old, but could be ready to migrate

3) analitza transition
  sourceful uploads for: analitza, kalgebra, cantor
-> 4/10 old, but could be ready to migrate

4) split of kdeaccessibility
  the monolithic kdeaccessibility source has been replaced in KDE 4.8
  with the following sources:
    jovie kaccessibile kmag kmousetool kmouth
  the only binaries lost is the monolithic kdeaccessibility-dbg (as 
  expected); this would need to hint the old source away from testing
-> 5/10 old, but could be ready to migrate

5) split of kdeutils
  the monolithic kdeutils source has been replaced in KDE 4.8
  with the following sources:
    ark filelight kcalc kcharselect kdf kfloppy kgpg kremotecontrol
    ktimer kwallet superkaramba printer-applet sweeper
  the only binaries lost is the monolithic kdeutils-dbg (as expected);
  this would need to hint the old source away from testing
-> this is not ready to migrate yet

Would it be possible to migrate 1+2+3+4, or do you prefer to wait for 
them to age normally?

-- 
Pino Toscano
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:42:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:42:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #120 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>
Cc: <664681@bugs.debian.org>, <pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:39:34 +0100
Hi,

On 27.06.2012 09:22, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Alle giovedì 21 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
>> On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 19:48 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
>> > If the old libraries are not a problem for a week, I'd say if you
>> > could temporarly keep them and wait for the kdenetwork migration
>> > (so we're double sure it is safe enough).
>>
>> No problem.  kde-workspace and the remaining binNMUs migrated as
>> planned in tonight's britney run.
>
> kdenetwork migrated tonight, so I think the old binaries could be
> removed and this transition (i.e. the kde-workspace one) declared 
> done.

The old binaries are indeed gone automagically after kdenetwork's 
migration last night.

Do we want to keep the bug open to track 
http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/kde4.8bis.html and anything 
else that might still be outstanding for 4.8?

Regards,

Adam




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 27 Jun 2012 21:39:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 27 Jun 2012 21:39:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #125 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 22:34:03 +0100
Hi,

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 10:35 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> 1) marble transition
>   sourceful uploads for: marble
>   binNMUs for: calligra, digikam, kdeplasma-addons

and a sourceful upload for calligra (missed in my first test run)

[...]
> 2) okteta transition
>   sourceful uploads for: kdesdk
>   binNMUs for: kdevelop
[...]
> 3) analitza transition
>   sourceful uploads for: analitza, kalgebra, cantor
[...]
> 4) split of kdeaccessibility
>   the monolithic kdeaccessibility source has been replaced in KDE 4.8
>   with the following sources:
>     jovie kaccessibile kmag kmousetool kmouth
>   the only binaries lost is the monolithic kdeaccessibility-dbg (as 
>   expected); this would need to hint the old source away from testing
[...]
> Would it be possible to migrate 1+2+3+4, or do you prefer to wait for 
> them to age normally?

Looks good from a test run; done for tonight's britney.

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 30 Jun 2012 15:06:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 30 Jun 2012 15:06:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #130 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>
To: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Cc: 664681@bugs.debian.org, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 17:02:15 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

Alle mercoledì 27 giugno 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 10:35 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > 1) marble transition
> > [...]
> > 
> > 2) okteta transition
> > [...]
> > 
> > 3) analitza transition
> > [...]
> > 
> > 4) split of kdeaccessibility
> > [...]
> 
> Looks good from a test run; done for tonight's britney.

Thanks! Now it is only left the kdeutils split, with the split sources 
that are progressively migrating already, it seems. I will get back to 
you to hint kdeutils away from testing when all of them migrate 
(hopefully in 10 days).

Regarding the kde-workspace transition:
- kshutdown has been fixed 11 days ago, and tonight it migrated to
  testing
- plasma-widget-smooth-tasks has been fixed yesterday, and it compiled
  everywhere now (migration in 10 days)
- the latest upload fixed build on Hurd and packages have been 
  recompiled accordingly
-> I think this transition is done, and its tracker can be removed

Ditto for the marble+kdesdk tracker, whose transitions are done too.

-- 
Pino Toscano
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 30 Jun 2012 23:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 30 Jun 2012 23:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #135 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 00:00:43 +0100
Hi,

On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 17:02 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Thanks! Now it is only left the kdeutils split, with the split sources 
> that are progressively migrating already, it seems. I will get back to 
> you to hint kdeutils away from testing when all of them migrate 
> (hopefully in 10 days).

Okay; thanks.

> Regarding the kde-workspace transition:
> - kshutdown has been fixed 11 days ago, and tonight it migrated to
>   testing
> - plasma-widget-smooth-tasks has been fixed yesterday, and it compiled
>   everywhere now (migration in 10 days)
> - the latest upload fixed build on Hurd and packages have been 
>   recompiled accordingly
> -> I think this transition is done, and its tracker can be removed
> 
> Ditto for the marble+kdesdk tracker, whose transitions are done too.

Ack; both trackers moved out of the way.

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 04 Jul 2012 20:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 04 Jul 2012 20:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #140 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 21:05:04 +0100
On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 10:35 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> here it is a recap of the status of the various bits currently ongoing 
> so far.
> 5) split of kdeutils
>   the monolithic kdeutils source has been replaced in KDE 4.8
>   with the following sources:
>     ark filelight kcalc kcharselect kdf kfloppy kgpg kremotecontrol
>     ktimer kwallet superkaramba printer-applet sweeper
>   the only binaries lost is the monolithic kdeutils-dbg (as expected);
>   this would need to hint the old source away from testing
> -> this is not ready to migrate yet

kfloppy, kgpg, kremotecontrol, printer-applet and superkaramba appear to
be the sources still to migrate.  They should all be ready on Friday
night, left to their own devices.

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:23:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:23:16 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #145 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>, <664681@bugs.debian.org>
Cc: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, <pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:54:37 +0100
On 04.07.2012 21:05, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 10:35 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
>> here it is a recap of the status of the various bits currently 
>> ongoing
>> so far.
>> 5) split of kdeutils
>>   the monolithic kdeutils source has been replaced in KDE 4.8
>>   with the following sources:
>>     ark filelight kcalc kcharselect kdf kfloppy kgpg kremotecontrol
>>     ktimer kwallet superkaramba printer-applet sweeper
>>   the only binaries lost is the monolithic kdeutils-dbg (as 
>> expected);
>>   this would need to hint the old source away from testing
>> -> this is not ready to migrate yet
>
> kfloppy, kgpg, kremotecontrol, printer-applet and superkaramba appear 
> to
> be the sources still to migrate.  They should all be ready on Friday
> night, left to their own devices.

Indeed, those all seem to have migrated now.  Is there anything 
remaining for 4.8, or could we declare this done now?

Regards,

Adam




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:36:47 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:36:48 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #150 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>
To: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Cc: 664681@bugs.debian.org, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:32:55 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Alle giovedì 12 luglio 2012, Adam D. Barratt ha scritto:
> On 04.07.2012 21:05, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 10:35 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> >> here it is a recap of the status of the various bits currently
> >> ongoing
> >> so far.
> >> 5) split of kdeutils
> >> 
> >>   the monolithic kdeutils source has been replaced in KDE 4.8
> >>   
> >>   with the following sources:
> >>     ark filelight kcalc kcharselect kdf kfloppy kgpg
> >>     kremotecontrol ktimer kwallet superkaramba printer-applet
> >>     sweeper
> >>   
> >>   the only binaries lost is the monolithic kdeutils-dbg (as
> >> 
> >> expected);
> >> 
> >>   this would need to hint the old source away from testing
> >> 
> >> -> this is not ready to migrate yet
> > 
> > kfloppy, kgpg, kremotecontrol, printer-applet and superkaramba
> > appear to
> > be the sources still to migrate.  They should all be ready on
> > Friday night, left to their own devices.
> 
> Indeed, those all seem to have migrated now.  Is there anything
> remaining for 4.8, or could we declare this done now?

All the split bits have finally migrated, so I can now file a RM for 
src:kdeutils.
I think we can consider this bug done, yes (there's kde-l10n still at 
4.7, but that's waiting for a fixed tasksel to migrate).

Thanks for all your patience,
-- 
Pino Toscano
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 14 Jul 2012 10:15:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 14 Jul 2012 10:15:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #155 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>
To: pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Cc: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 12:42:24 +0300
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hello,

if upstream released KDE SC 4.8.5 (it could be at the end of this month or it 
may never happen at all), would you let it into wheezy? Upstream is focusing 
on 4.9 right now and 4.8.5 would really contain only (a couple of) bug fixes. 
It would be great to ship Wheezy with the base which is at the latest upstream 
stable point release.

We would probably not upload everything, just important bits (a.k.a. KDE 
Plasma Workspaces):

 meta-kde
 kactivities
 kde4libs
 kde-runtime
 kdepimlibs
 kde-wallpapers
 kde-workspace
 kdeplasma-addons
 kde-baseapps

and maybe a few others which we think have important bug fixes. Obviously, no 
SONAME changes, shlibs bumps, 3rd party package breaking or anything of the 
similar destructive kind will be involved, only bugfixes.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#664681; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 14 Jul 2012 11:12:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 14 Jul 2012 11:12:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #160 received at 664681@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>, 664681@bugs.debian.org
Cc: pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org, Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 13:01:05 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 12:42:24 +0300, Modestas Vainius wrote:

> if upstream released KDE SC 4.8.5 (it could be at the end of this month or it 
> may never happen at all), would you let it into wheezy? Upstream is focusing 
> on 4.9 right now and 4.8.5 would really contain only (a couple of) bug fixes. 
> It would be great to ship Wheezy with the base which is at the latest upstream 
> stable point release.
> 
Sounds ok to me in principle, if it's not too far into the future and
obviously depending on what the final diffs look like.

Cheers,
Julien
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Reply sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:15:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Sune Vuorela <sune@debian.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:15:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #165 received at 664681-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>, 664681-done@bugs.debian.org
Cc: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>, pkg-kde-talk@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#664681: transition: KDE's 4.8 release of platform, applications and workspace
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 11:11:54 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 21:32:55 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:

> All the split bits have finally migrated, so I can now file a RM for 
> src:kdeutils.
> I think we can consider this bug done, yes (there's kde-l10n still at 
> 4.7, but that's waiting for a fixed tasksel to migrate).
> 
Somehow this was never closed, doing so now.

Cheers,
Julien
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 03 Nov 2012 07:28:43 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Fri Apr 18 21:37:17 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.