Debian Bug report logs - #659202
transition: ptlib opal t38modem ekiga

Package: release.debian.org; Maintainer for release.debian.org is Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>;

Reported by: Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>

Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 04:57:02 UTC

Severity: normal

Done: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 09 Feb 2012 04:57:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 09 Feb 2012 04:57:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 15:55:09 +1100
Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: transition

opal (3.10.1) (dependency)
ptlib (2.10.2) (dependency)
ekiga (3.3.1) (depends on libopal)




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:51:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:51:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
To: Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>, 659202@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 20:49:13 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

and sorry for the lag.

Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com> (09/02/2012):
> Package: release.debian.org
> Severity: normal
> User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
> Usertags: transition
> 
> opal (3.10.1) (dependency)
> ptlib (2.10.2) (dependency)
> ekiga (3.3.1) (depends on libopal)

which packages go away and which ones replace them? It looks like your
transition could be scheduled right now but I'd rather see your updated
package list before giving you a green light.

Mraw,
KiBi.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:57:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:57:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>
To: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
Cc: 659202@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 06:53:17 +1100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Libopal3.10.1 replaces 3.8; ekiga & t38modem are upgraded.

Cheers,

Michael
On 26/02/2012 6:49 AM, "Cyril Brulebois" <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> and sorry for the lag.
>
> Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com> (09/02/2012):
> > Package: release.debian.org
> > Severity: normal
> > User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
> > Usertags: transition
> >
> > opal (3.10.1) (dependency)
> > ptlib (2.10.2) (dependency)
> > ekiga (3.3.1) (depends on libopal)
>
> which packages go away and which ones replace them? It looks like your
> transition could be scheduled right now but I'd rather see your updated
> package list before giving you a green light.
>
> Mraw,
> KiBi.
>
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:57:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:57:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>
To: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
Cc: 659202@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 06:54:15 +1100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Oh, and ptlib. That's it.
On 26/02/2012 6:53 AM, "Michael van der Kolff" <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Libopal3.10.1 replaces 3.8; ekiga & t38modem are upgraded.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael
> On 26/02/2012 6:49 AM, "Cyril Brulebois" <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> and sorry for the lag.
>>
>> Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com> (09/02/2012):
>> > Package: release.debian.org
>> > Severity: normal
>> > User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
>> > Usertags: transition
>> >
>> > opal (3.10.1) (dependency)
>> > ptlib (2.10.2) (dependency)
>> > ekiga (3.3.1) (depends on libopal)
>>
>> which packages go away and which ones replace them? It looks like your
>> transition could be scheduled right now but I'd rather see your updated
>> package list before giving you a green light.
>>
>> Mraw,
>> KiBi.
>>
>
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 20:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 20:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #25 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
To: Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>
Cc: 659202@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 21:07:11 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
tag 659202 pending
thanks

Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com> (26/02/2012):
> Libopal3.10.1 replaces 3.8; ekiga & t38modem are upgraded.

I assume you meant libopal3.6.8; it looks fine, so please go ahead.

Mraw,
KiBi.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Added tag(s) pending. Request was from Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 20:09:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 20:21:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 25 Feb 2012 20:21:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #32 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>
To: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
Cc: 659202@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 07:17:23 +1100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
I'm not a Dd; it's not in my power to upload (just beg).

Cheers,

Michael
On 26/02/2012 7:07 AM, "Cyril Brulebois" <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> tag 659202 pending
> thanks
>
> Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com> (26/02/2012):
> > Libopal3.10.1 replaces 3.8; ekiga & t38modem are upgraded.
>
> I assume you meant libopal3.6.8; it looks fine, so please go ahead.
>
> Mraw,
> KiBi.
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAk9JP2sACgkQeGfVPHR5Nd3rBQCgrw7+hq2ya7Ubb9BgM3BQDwyB
> 5i4AoNSfX7OIqM2WJedVtijJwIbQ1g7U
> =6+Da
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Sun, 26 Feb 2012 05:39:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sun, 26 Feb 2012 05:39:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #37 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>
To: ekiga@packages.debian.org
Cc: Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>, 659202@bugs.debian.org, opal@packages.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:36:20 +1100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 07:07:11 Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com> (26/02/2012):
> > Libopal3.10.1 replaces 3.8; ekiga & t38modem are upgraded.
> 
> I assume you meant libopal3.6.8; it looks fine, so please go ahead.

Eugen, Kilian,

We have the green light for a opal/ ptlib/ t38modem/ ekiga transition.

I intend to go forward and upload ptlib/2.10.4, opal/3.10.4 & t38modem/2.0.0 
to unstable.

Do you wish to upgrade ekiga in unstable to 3.3.1 or leave it at 3.2.7 in 
unstable?

If the latter then we can create an NEW {opal3,ptlib2}6.7-lalande package so 
we don't have to rush the ekiga transition.

Mark
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Changed Bug title to 'transition: ptlib opal t38modem ekiga' from 'transition: t38modem 2.0.0' Request was from Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 26 Feb 2012 06:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added indication that 659202 affects src:opal, t38modem, src:ekiga, and src:ptlib Request was from Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 26 Feb 2012 07:09:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:51:18 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:51:21 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #46 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>
To: Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>
Cc: ekiga@packages.debian.org, Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>, 659202@bugs.debian.org, opal@packages.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:40:40 +0100
On 26/02/12 06:36, Mark Purcell wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 07:07:11 Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>> Michael van der Kolff<mvanderkolff@gmail.com>  (26/02/2012):
>>> Libopal3.10.1 replaces 3.8; ekiga&  t38modem are upgraded.
>>
>> I assume you meant libopal3.6.8; it looks fine, so please go ahead.
>
> Eugen, Kilian,
>
> We have the green light for a opal/ ptlib/ t38modem/ ekiga transition.
>
> I intend to go forward and upload ptlib/2.10.4, opal/3.10.4&  t38modem/2.0.0
> to unstable.
>
> Do you wish to upgrade ekiga in unstable to 3.3.1 or leave it at 3.2.7 in
> unstable?
>
> If the latter then we can create an NEW {opal3,ptlib2}6.7-lalande package so
> we don't have to rush the ekiga transition.

Hi Mark,

And thank you to contact us.

In a few weeks we will release ekiga 4.0, which will be based on ptlib 
2.10.5 and opal 3.10.5.  From ekiga point of view, the best is to wait 
until this comes out, at which point ekiga 3.2.7 (ptlib/opal 2-3.6.7) 
and ekiga 3.3.1 (with ptlib/opal 2-3.10.1) can be removed.

If you cannot wait, then remove 3.3.1 with its deps from experimental. 
Ekiga 3.2.7 and its deps will then be removed in a few weeks.

Anyway, if you release a new ptlib, please create a new package, 
libpt2.10.X-plugin-pulse, containing its pulse plugin.  This is also on 
my TODO list :o(

-- 
Eugen




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Fri, 02 Mar 2012 22:00:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 02 Mar 2012 22:00:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #51 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>
To: Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>, 659202@bugs.debian.org
Cc: libpt-dev@packages.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 08:58:04 +1100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:40:40 Eugen Dedu wrote:
> Anyway, if you release a new ptlib, please create a new package, 
> libpt2.10.X-plugin-pulse, containing its pulse plugin.  This is also on 
> my TODO list :o(

Eugen,

I have had a look at creating a plugin-pulse and it doesn't save much:

 Package: libpt2.10.4
 Source: ptlib
 Version: 2.10.4~dfsg-1
 Architecture: amd64
 Maintainer: Debian VoIP Team <pkg-voip-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
 Installed-Size: 4399
 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.11), libexpat1 (>= 1.95.8), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), 
libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7), libodbc1 (>= 2.2.11) | unixodbc (>= 2.2.11), 
libsasl2-2, libsdl1.2debian (>= 1.2.11), libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0), libstdc++6 
(>= 4.6), libpt2.10.4-plugins-pulse (= 2.10.4~dfsg-1) | libpt2.10.4-plugins-
alsa (= 2.10.4~dfsg-1) | libpt2.10.4-plugins-oss (= 2.10.4~dfsg-1) | 
libpt2.10.4-plugins-video (= 2.10.4~dfsg-1)

 Package: libpt2.10.4-plugins-pulse
 Source: ptlib
 Version: 2.10.4~dfsg-1
 Architecture: amd64
 Maintainer: Debian VoIP Team <pkg-voip-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
 Installed-Size: 158
 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libpt2.10.4, libpulse0 (>= 
0.99.1), libstdc++6 (>= 4.2.1)

 Package: libpt2.10.4-plugins-video
 Source: ptlib
 Version: 2.10.4~dfsg-1
 Architecture: amd64
 Maintainer: Debian VoIP Team <pkg-voip-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
 Installed-Size: 181
 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libpt2.10.4, libstdc++6 (>= 
4.2.1), libv4l-0 (>= 0.5.0)


Even with a plugin package, the depends for libpt2.10.4 is still the large 
issue (libsdl, libldap and friends), and you only save libv4l-0.

I also have a changelog entry against 2.6.7-1:
  * Depreciate libptX.X.X-plugins -> libptX.X.X
    - Makes dependent packages binNMU safe

So on balance I don't think the minor savings are worth the effort of 
maintaining multiple plugin packages.

Mark
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 03 Mar 2012 09:45:38 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 03 Mar 2012 09:45:40 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #56 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>
To: Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>
Cc: 659202@bugs.debian.org, libpt-dev@packages.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 10:40:30 +0100
On 02/03/12 22:58, Mark Purcell wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:40:40 Eugen Dedu wrote:
>> Anyway, if you release a new ptlib, please create a new package,
>> libpt2.10.X-plugin-pulse, containing its pulse plugin.  This is also on
>> my TODO list :o(
>
> Eugen,
>
> I have had a look at creating a plugin-pulse and it doesn't save much:
>
>   Package: libpt2.10.4
>   Source: ptlib
>   Version: 2.10.4~dfsg-1
>   Architecture: amd64
>   Maintainer: Debian VoIP Team<pkg-voip-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>   Installed-Size: 4399
>   Depends: libc6 (>= 2.11), libexpat1 (>= 1.95.8), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1),
> libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7), libodbc1 (>= 2.2.11) | unixodbc (>= 2.2.11),
> libsasl2-2, libsdl1.2debian (>= 1.2.11), libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0), libstdc++6
> (>= 4.6), libpt2.10.4-plugins-pulse (= 2.10.4~dfsg-1) | libpt2.10.4-plugins-
> alsa (= 2.10.4~dfsg-1) | libpt2.10.4-plugins-oss (= 2.10.4~dfsg-1) |
> libpt2.10.4-plugins-video (= 2.10.4~dfsg-1)
>
>   Package: libpt2.10.4-plugins-pulse
>   Source: ptlib
>   Version: 2.10.4~dfsg-1
>   Architecture: amd64
>   Maintainer: Debian VoIP Team<pkg-voip-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>   Installed-Size: 158
>   Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libpt2.10.4, libpulse0 (>=
> 0.99.1), libstdc++6 (>= 4.2.1)
>
>   Package: libpt2.10.4-plugins-video
>   Source: ptlib
>   Version: 2.10.4~dfsg-1
>   Architecture: amd64
>   Maintainer: Debian VoIP Team<pkg-voip-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>   Installed-Size: 181
>   Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libpt2.10.4, libstdc++6 (>=
> 4.2.1), libv4l-0 (>= 0.5.0)
>
>
> Even with a plugin package, the depends for libpt2.10.4 is still the large
> issue (libsdl, libldap and friends), and you only save libv4l-0.
>
> I also have a changelog entry against 2.6.7-1:
>    * Depreciate libptX.X.X-plugins ->  libptX.X.X
>      - Makes dependent packages binNMU safe
>
> So on balance I don't think the minor savings are worth the effort of
> maintaining multiple plugin packages.

Hi Mark,

I did not think on a lib, a plugins and a pulse package, but only a lib 
and a pulse package.  The reason is that when you install libpt, you 
should not be forced to install also pulse.  However, it seems to me 
that libpulse0 is now mandatory by gnome-shell and gnome-control-center. 
 So it seems you are right, only one package (lib) is sufficient. 
Could you confirm please?

-- 
Eugen




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Sun, 04 Mar 2012 07:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sun, 04 Mar 2012 07:45:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #61 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>
To: Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>
Cc: 659202@bugs.debian.org, libpt-dev@packages.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 18:42:36 +1100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 20:40:30 Eugen Dedu wrote:
>   So it seems you are right, only one package (lib) is sufficient. 
> Could you confirm please?

Eugen,

That's correct.  

Pacakges will now only need to depend on the lib package, and dh_shlibs should 
detect this automatically.

Mark
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Added indication that bug 659202 blocks 662964 Request was from Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 17 Mar 2012 00:57:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:03:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:03:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #68 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>, 659202@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>, ekiga@packages.debian.org, Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>, opal@packages.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 21:01:32 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:40:40 +0100, Eugen Dedu wrote:

> On 26/02/12 06:36, Mark Purcell wrote:
> >On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 07:07:11 Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> >>Michael van der Kolff<mvanderkolff@gmail.com>  (26/02/2012):
> >>>Libopal3.10.1 replaces 3.8; ekiga&  t38modem are upgraded.
> >>
> >>I assume you meant libopal3.6.8; it looks fine, so please go ahead.
> >
> >Eugen, Kilian,
> >
> >We have the green light for a opal/ ptlib/ t38modem/ ekiga transition.
> >
> >I intend to go forward and upload ptlib/2.10.4, opal/3.10.4&  t38modem/2.0.0
> >to unstable.
> >
> >Do you wish to upgrade ekiga in unstable to 3.3.1 or leave it at 3.2.7 in
> >unstable?
> >
> >If the latter then we can create an NEW {opal3,ptlib2}6.7-lalande package so
> >we don't have to rush the ekiga transition.
> 
> Hi Mark,
> 
> And thank you to contact us.
> 
> In a few weeks we will release ekiga 4.0, which will be based on
> ptlib 2.10.5 and opal 3.10.5.  From ekiga point of view, the best is
> to wait until this comes out, at which point ekiga 3.2.7 (ptlib/opal
> 2-3.6.7) and ekiga 3.3.1 (with ptlib/opal 2-3.10.1) can be removed.
> 
Is there a new timeline for an updated ekiga in sid, or still "a few
weeks"?

Thanks,
Julien
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:57:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:57:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #73 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>
To: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
Cc: 659202@bugs.debian.org, Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>, ekiga@packages.debian.org, Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>, opal@packages.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:54:24 +0200
On 28/03/12 21:01, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:40:40 +0100, Eugen Dedu wrote:
>
>> On 26/02/12 06:36, Mark Purcell wrote:
>>> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 07:07:11 Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>>>> Michael van der Kolff<mvanderkolff@gmail.com>   (26/02/2012):
>>>>> Libopal3.10.1 replaces 3.8; ekiga&   t38modem are upgraded.
>>>>
>>>> I assume you meant libopal3.6.8; it looks fine, so please go ahead.
>>>
>>> Eugen, Kilian,
>>>
>>> We have the green light for a opal/ ptlib/ t38modem/ ekiga transition.
>>>
>>> I intend to go forward and upload ptlib/2.10.4, opal/3.10.4&   t38modem/2.0.0
>>> to unstable.
>>>
>>> Do you wish to upgrade ekiga in unstable to 3.3.1 or leave it at 3.2.7 in
>>> unstable?
>>>
>>> If the latter then we can create an NEW {opal3,ptlib2}6.7-lalande package so
>>> we don't have to rush the ekiga transition.
>>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> And thank you to contact us.
>>
>> In a few weeks we will release ekiga 4.0, which will be based on
>> ptlib 2.10.5 and opal 3.10.5.  From ekiga point of view, the best is
>> to wait until this comes out, at which point ekiga 3.2.7 (ptlib/opal
>> 2-3.6.7) and ekiga 3.3.1 (with ptlib/opal 2-3.10.1) can be removed.
>>
> Is there a new timeline for an updated ekiga in sid, or still "a few
> weeks"?

Please allow me to answer this Monday, after having done additional checks.

-- 
Eugen




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:58:29 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:58:36 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #78 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@debian.org>
To: Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>, 659202@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>, Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>, ekiga@packages.debian.org, Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>, opal@packages.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:50:28 +0200
On 03/29/2012 05:54 PM, Eugen Dedu wrote:
> On 28/03/12 21:01, Julien Cristau wrote:
>> Is there a new timeline for an updated ekiga in sid, or still "a few
>> weeks"?
> 
> Please allow me to answer this Monday, after having done additional checks.
> 

FWIW, I sent patches to fix ekiga FTBFS and NMUed it in delayed/2.

Regards,

-- 
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#659202; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 05 Apr 2012 13:06:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 05 Apr 2012 13:06:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #83 received at 659202@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>
To: Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@debian.org>
Cc: 659202@bugs.debian.org, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>, Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.id.au>, ekiga@packages.debian.org, Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>, opal@packages.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 15:02:16 +0200
On 05/04/12 12:50, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 03/29/2012 05:54 PM, Eugen Dedu wrote:
>> On 28/03/12 21:01, Julien Cristau wrote:
>>> Is there a new timeline for an updated ekiga in sid, or still "a few
>>> weeks"?
>>
>> Please allow me to answer this Monday, after having done additional checks.
>>
>
> FWIW, I sent patches to fix ekiga FTBFS and NMUed it in delayed/2.

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately, it seems that a new release will not happen before 3 weeks.

From my point of view, you can upload your NMU it as fast as possible.

-- 
Eugen




Reply sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Sun, 22 Apr 2012 10:24:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Sun, 22 Apr 2012 10:24:27 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #88 received at 659202-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Michael van der Kolff <mvanderkolff@gmail.com>, 659202-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#659202: transition: t38modem 2.0.0
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:21:57 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Thu, Feb  9, 2012 at 15:55:09 +1100, Michael van der Kolff wrote:

> Package: release.debian.org
> Severity: normal
> User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
> Usertags: transition
> 
> opal (3.10.1) (dependency)
> ptlib (2.10.2) (dependency)
> ekiga (3.3.1) (depends on libopal)
> 
This is done now AFAICT.

Cheers,
Julien
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 21 May 2012 07:32:35 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sat Apr 19 12:11:17 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.