Debian Bug report logs - #657405
ITP: mediagoblin -- web application for sharing pictures and videos

Package: wnpp; Maintainer for wnpp is wnpp@debian.org;

Reported by: Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 00:45:02 UTC

Owned by: Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>

Severity: wishlist

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, debian-devel@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 00:45:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to debian-devel@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 00:45:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: ITP: mediagoblin -- web application for sharing pictures and videos
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:43:47 -0800
Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>

* Package name    : mediagoblin
  Version         : 0.2.0
  Upstream Author : Various persons, GNU
* URL             : http://mediagoblin.org/
* License         : GPL-3+
  Programming Lang: Python
  Description     : web application for sharing pictures and videos

 The perfect tool to show and share your media!  Building tools to
 empower the world through decentralization!  Built for extensibility.
 Part of the GNU project and devoted to user freedom.
 .
 Built with awesome technology (Python, Celery, MongoDB, and more)
 with a clean design for a future that's more than just image galleries.




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:21:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:21:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>
To: 657405@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#657405: ITP: mediagoblin -- web application for sharing pictures and videos
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:08:39 +0100
[Clint Byrum, 2012-01-26]
> * URL             : http://mediagoblin.org/

let me know when you will need a sponsor for this package, I'm
interested
-- 
http://people.debian.org/~piotr/sponsor




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:45:55 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm@users.sourceforge.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:46:16 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm@users.sourceforge.net>
To: Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>, 657405@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#657405: ITP: mediagoblin -- web application for sharing pictures and videos
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:24:50 +0400
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:43:47 -0800
Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
> Owner: Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>
> 
> * Package name    : mediagoblin
>   Version         : 0.2.0
>   Upstream Author : Various persons, GNU
> * URL             : http://mediagoblin.org/
> * License         : GPL-3+
>   Programming Lang: Python
>   Description     : web application for sharing pictures and videos
> 
>  The perfect tool to show and share your media!  Building tools to
>  empower the world through decentralization!  Built for extensibility.
>  Part of the GNU project and devoted to user freedom.
>  .
>  Built with awesome technology (Python, Celery, MongoDB, and more)
>  with a clean design for a future that's more than just image
> galleries.
I would rephrase the long description as the users are not interested in
marketing bullshit littered with words "perfect", "empower" and
"awesome" and containing lots of exclamation marks.
There should be just plain succintly described facts.
The bit about the user freedom is not needed as well (Debian does
only contain free software).




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:51:25 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm@users.sourceforge.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:52:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #25 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>
To: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc: 657405 <657405@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#657405: ITP: mediagoblin -- web application for sharing pictures and videos
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:39:14 -0800
Excerpts from Konstantin Khomoutov's message of Thu Jan 26 05:24:50 -0800 2012:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:43:47 -0800
> Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> 
> > Package: wnpp
> > Severity: wishlist
> > Owner: Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>
> > 
> > * Package name    : mediagoblin
> >   Version         : 0.2.0
> >   Upstream Author : Various persons, GNU
> > * URL             : http://mediagoblin.org/
> > * License         : GPL-3+
> >   Programming Lang: Python
> >   Description     : web application for sharing pictures and videos
> > 
> >  The perfect tool to show and share your media!  Building tools to
> >  empower the world through decentralization!  Built for extensibility.
> >  Part of the GNU project and devoted to user freedom.
> >  .
> >  Built with awesome technology (Python, Celery, MongoDB, and more)
> >  with a clean design for a future that's more than just image
> > galleries.
> I would rephrase the long description as the users are not interested in
> marketing bullshit littered with words "perfect", "empower" and
> "awesome" and containing lots of exclamation marks.
> There should be just plain succintly described facts.
> The bit about the user freedom is not needed as well (Debian does
> only contain free software).

It was cribbed directly from the mediagoblin website. I'm not much a
fan of us packagers writing these descriptions, so I will ask upstream
for a more objective explanation of what it does.




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:45:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:45:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #30 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>
To: 657405 <657405@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: License is actually AGPL-3+
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:42:21 -0800
In my haste to prepare the ITP, I mis-read the license block, it is in
fact AGPL-3+, not GPL-3+.




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:27:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:27:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #35 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>
To: 657405 <657405@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: status update on packaging
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 09:23:13 -0800
I've got working packages, but have been distracted by some other things.

If there are others who would like to help get the package finished, please
let me know. I'd be happy to push the packages up to collab-maint as well.

I expect to have some free time to work on this over the christmas holiday.

Sorry for the 11 month lag!



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Sun, 16 Dec 2012 08:06:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to thomas@koch.ro:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>. (Sun, 16 Dec 2012 08:06:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #40 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro>
To: 657405@bugs.debian.org, 657405-subscribe@bugs.debian.org
Subject: dependency on closure-compiler?
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 09:03:42 +0100
Control: block -1 by 555683

I found the closure-compiler in mediagoblins codebase, so I add a dependency 
here to the RFP of closure-compiler.

Or would it be possible to build mediagoblin without the closure compiler?

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro



Added blocking bug(s) of 657405: 622928 and 555683 Request was from Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> to 657405-submit@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 16 Dec 2012 08:06:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:51:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>. (Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:51:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #47 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>
To: Clint Byrum <spamaps@debian.org>
Cc: 657405@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Current state of packaging
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:49:14 -0500
Hey,

I've gotten my packaging efforts for mediagoblin going here:
https://gitorious.org/debian-package-mediagoblin

It's still a little messing, but I can build the package and install it,
and lintian is not giving errors. If you would not mind/would like to 
help that would be great, either over email on in #mediagoblin.


     --Simon



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:15:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to thomas@koch.ro:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>. (Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:15:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #52 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro>
To: 657405@bugs.debian.org
Cc: "Simon Fondrie-Teitler" <simonft@riseup.net>, Clint Byrum <spamaps@debian.org>
Subject: Mediagoblin Debian Packaging Status?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 17:13:35 +0200
Hi,

I found recent packaging activity here:
https://gitorious.org/mediagoblin-debian

The git repo link from message 47 is dead.

Is there any reason not to move the packaging repo to git.debian.org?
What's the current status? Anything I could help with?

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:03:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to thomas@koch.ro:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>. (Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:03:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #57 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro>
To: 657405@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Found the mediagoblin issue / py-bcrypt removed from archive
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:01:48 +0200
More information about the packaging state of mediagoblin is available in the 
mediagoblin issue tracker:
http://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/518

and on mentors:
https://mentors.debian.net/package/mediagoblin

What to do about py-bcrypt? It has been removed from the archive and it might 
be the best thing if upstream would switch to passlib, as already discussed 2 
years ago:
http://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/84

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Wed, 10 Apr 2013 20:45:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>. (Wed, 10 Apr 2013 20:45:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #62 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>
To: thomas@koch.ro, 657405@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Clint Byrum <spamaps@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Mediagoblin Debian Packaging Status?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:37:02 -0500
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hey, 

Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> writes:
> I found recent packaging activity here:
> https://gitorious.org/mediagoblin-debian
>
> The git repo link from message 47 is dead.
>
> Is there any reason not to move the packaging repo to git.debian.org?
> What's the current status? Anything I could help with?

Yea, I've changed the repo url, and have not pushed to it in a bit. I
don't think I have access to git.debian.org. I've got a package mostly
ready (I think) but have not been able to get anyone to take a look at
it and sponsor it yet. It's currently here:
https://mentors.debian.net/package/mediagoblin

If you want to take a look, that would be great. 

The new repo is here:
https://gitorious.org/mediagoblin-debian 


     --Simon
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Owner changed from Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com> to Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>. Request was from Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 09 Jun 2013 18:27:29 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:51:14 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to rubin@rshadow.ru:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>. (Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:51:14 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #69 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Roman V. Nikolaev" <rshadowable@gmail.com>
To: 657405@bugs.debian.org
Subject: 657405
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 19:34:29 +0400
Hi.
Maybe you should write RFS of #10 post
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=657405#10).



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Wed, 12 Jun 2013 22:27:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Wed, 12 Jun 2013 22:27:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #74 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>
To: rubin@rshadow.ru, 657405@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#657405: 657405
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:25:08 -0500
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
"Roman V. Nikolaev" <rshadowable@gmail.com> writes:
> Maybe you should write RFS of #10 post
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=657405#10).

I've talked with him. Currently paultag has been reviewing it, and am in
the process of fixing up some of the problems he listed. Thanks for the
suggestion. 
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Fri, 06 Sep 2013 08:51:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>. (Fri, 06 Sep 2013 08:51:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #79 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>
To: 657405@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#657405: ITP: mediagoblin -- web application for sharing pictures and videos
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 10:47:44 +0200
> Maybe you should write RFS of #10 post

I'm still interested. Please send me RFS email when you need
help/review/upload



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Sat, 01 Feb 2014 16:51:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>. (Sat, 01 Feb 2014 16:51:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #84 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org>
To: 657405@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>
Subject: Re: Bug#657405: ITP: mediagoblin -- web application for sharing pictures and videos
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 17:50:16 +0100
On 06/09/13 at 10:47 +0200, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> > Maybe you should write RFS of #10 post
> 
> I'm still interested. Please send me RFS email when you need
> help/review/upload

Hi,

Since it has been a few months, and I'm currently watching the
MediaGoblin talk at FOSDEM (great talk, btw), I was wondering what's the
status of this ITP?

Thanks,

Lucas



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Sat, 01 Feb 2014 23:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Sat, 01 Feb 2014 23:21:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #89 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>
To: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org>, 657405@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#657405: ITP: mediagoblin -- web application for sharing pictures and videos
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 18:19:13 -0500
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi, 

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> writes:
> Since it has been a few months, and I'm currently watching the
> MediaGoblin talk at FOSDEM (great talk, btw), I was wondering what's the
> status of this ITP?

I started a new job recently, which took a bunch of my time, but I've
started freeing up more time to work on Debian stuff. This is the first
major Debian package I've done, so it's been slow going.

I've moved the git repository to collab-maint [0] and upgraded it to
0.6.1. It builds, but there's still a bit of cleanup to do, and a couple
of DFSG issues to be addressed (some locally modified code in extlib/,
and several media files in mediagoblin/tests/test_submission/ [1] that
don't have sources). I'm communicating with upstream about the DFSG
issues, and talking to some DDs about how to address them.

If others want to review the package as it stands, or take a crack at
some of the issues, I'd be thrilled. I certainly don't want to slow down
getting the package into Debian simply because I'm still learning.

Regards,
Simon

0. http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/mediagoblin.git;a=summary
1. http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/mediagoblin.git;a=tree;f=mediagoblin/tests/test_submission
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Fri, 07 Mar 2014 03:18:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to anarcat <anarcat@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>. (Fri, 07 Mar 2014 03:18:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #94 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: anarcat <anarcat@debian.org>
To: Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>, 657405@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#657405: ITP: mediagoblin -- web application for sharing pictures and videos
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 22:14:24 -0500
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Sat, Feb 01, 2014 at 06:19:13PM -0500, Simon Fondrie-Teitler wrote:
> Hi, 
> 
> Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> writes:
> > Since it has been a few months, and I'm currently watching the
> > MediaGoblin talk at FOSDEM (great talk, btw), I was wondering what's the
> > status of this ITP?
> 
> I started a new job recently, which took a bunch of my time, but I've
> started freeing up more time to work on Debian stuff. This is the first
> major Debian package I've done, so it's been slow going.
> 
> I've moved the git repository to collab-maint [0] and upgraded it to
> 0.6.1. It builds, but there's still a bit of cleanup to do, and a couple
> of DFSG issues to be addressed (some locally modified code in extlib/,
> and several media files in mediagoblin/tests/test_submission/ [1] that
> don't have sources). I'm communicating with upstream about the DFSG
> issues, and talking to some DDs about how to address them.
> 
> If others want to review the package as it stands, or take a crack at
> some of the issues, I'd be thrilled. I certainly don't want to slow down
> getting the package into Debian simply because I'm still learning.

It seems like upstream fixed a bunch of those issues already, is that
right? At least the mediagoblin/tests/test_submission/ seems fine to me.
The extlib directory seems more tricky, but my guess is that you could
just not ship what's in another debian package in the gmg binary
package, and for the rest ship it until someone packages the goods.

What are exactly the issues needing to be solved now?

How are you communicating with upstream, are there bug reports? It would
be helpful if you would cc this bug report in those communications to
get an idea of the progress being made. :)

I'm curious to see this working, but I am too lazy to deploy this
again by hand... :P

A.

-- 
That's the kind of society I want to build. I want a guarantee - with
physics and mathematics, not with laws - that we can give ourselves
real privacy of personal communications.
                         - John Gilmore
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#657405; Package wnpp. (Sat, 15 Mar 2014 16:30:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Sat, 15 Mar 2014 16:30:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #99 received at 657405@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Simon Fondrie-Teitler <simonft@riseup.net>
To: anarcat <anarcat@debian.org>, 657405@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#657405: ITP: mediagoblin -- web application for sharing pictures and videos
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 12:27:50 -0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hey,

Sorry for the delayed response. 

anarcat <anarcat@debian.org> writes:
> It seems like upstream fixed a bunch of those issues already, is that
> right? At least the mediagoblin/tests/test_submission/ seems fine to me.
> The extlib directory seems more tricky, but my guess is that you could
> just not ship what's in another debian package in the gmg binary
> package, and for the rest ship it until someone packages the goods.

Upstream did fix the issues. I've cherry-picked the changes and applied
them to a dfsg-free version of 0.6.1. 

> What are exactly the issues needing to be solved now?

Right now I'm waiting on a review.

> How are you communicating with upstream, are there bug reports? It would
> be helpful if you would cc this bug report in those communications to
> get an idea of the progress being made. :)

There are bug reports. I'll make sure to CC this bug in the future. The
two tickets for the issues that I've referenced above are:

https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/847
https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/848


Regards,
Simon
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sun Apr 20 03:46:48 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.