Debian Bug report logs - #652479
transition: libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate

Package: release.debian.org; Maintainer for release.debian.org is Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>;

Reported by: Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>

Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 16:39:01 UTC

Owned by: Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>

Severity: normal

Done: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, evgeni@debian.org, pkg-ayatana-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#652479; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 17 Dec 2011 16:39:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to evgeni@debian.org, pkg-ayatana-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 17 Dec 2011 16:39:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: transition: libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 17:35:21 +0100
Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: transition

Dear RT,

I plan to upload libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate to unstable,
as they currently are in experimental.
This includes soname bumps:
libindicator3 → libindicator6
libdbusmenu-glib3 → libdbusmenu-glib4
libdbusmenu-gtk3 → libdbusmenu-gtk4
libindicate-gtk2 → libindicate-gtk3
and will need binNMUs.

For the fun, upstream bumped the name of the pkgconfig file in libindicate too.

If I am not mistaken, the following packages build-depend in some way on one
of the to be uploaded:

cairo-dock-plug-ins
 - Will FTBFS, maintainer informed: #647816
clementine
 - Builds fine
guayadeque
 - Builds fine
indicator-applet
 - broken anyways :(
indicator-me
 - To be RMed: #652477
indicator-messages
 - Will get a source-full upload by me (pkg-ayatana hat)
indicator-session
 - Will get a source-full upload by me (pkg-ayatana hat)
libindicate-qt
 - Will get a source-full upload by me (pkg-ayatana hat)
openfetion
 - Builds fine
pino
 - Builds fine
plasma-widget-message-indicator
 - Builds fine
postler
 - Will FTBFS, maintainer informed: #645493
quassel
 - Builds fine
xfce4-indicator-plugin
 - Will get a source-full upload by me (pkg-xfce hat)

When I have your go, I would raise the FTBFS bugs and tell the maintainers when
breakage is to happen, then I would upload the libraries and the indicator-*
packages to unstable and ask you to binNMU the ones that rebuild fine.
If maintainers wont react, I'm happy to NMU the two packages :)

Please tell me when I can do the jump.

TIA
Evgeni Golov

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 3.1.0-1-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#652479; Package release.debian.org. (Mon, 19 Dec 2011 21:57:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Mon, 19 Dec 2011 21:57:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 652479@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>
To: Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>, 652479@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#652479: transition: libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:52:12 +0100
block 652479 by 647816
block 652479 by 645493
thanks

On 2011-12-17 17:35, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> Package: release.debian.org
> Severity: normal
> User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
> Usertags: transition
> 
> Dear RT,
> 

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

> I plan to upload libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate to unstable,
> as they currently are in experimental.
> This includes soname bumps:
> libindicator3 → libindicator6
> libdbusmenu-glib3 → libdbusmenu-glib4
> libdbusmenu-gtk3 → libdbusmenu-gtk4
> libindicate-gtk2 → libindicate-gtk3
> and will need binNMUs.
> 

Thanks for the heads up, I have setup a transition tracker page at [1]

[1] http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/libindicator.html


> For the fun, upstream bumped the name of the pkgconfig file in libindicate too.
> 
> If I am not mistaken, the following packages build-depend in some way on one
> of the to be uploaded:
> 
> cairo-dock-plug-ins
>  - Will FTBFS, maintainer informed: #647816

Ok.

> clementine
>  - Builds fine

Not linked against on either of the above mentioned libraries.  It links
against the libindicate-qt library, so I suspect this might be a
false-positive?

> guayadeque
>  - Builds fine

Does not appear to actually link against any of the libraries?

> indicator-applet
>  - broken anyways :(

Ok.

> indicator-me
>  - To be RMed: #652477

Gone by now.  :)

> indicator-messages
>  - Will get a source-full upload by me (pkg-ayatana hat)
> indicator-session
>  - Will get a source-full upload by me (pkg-ayatana hat)
> libindicate-qt
>  - Will get a source-full upload by me (pkg-ayatana hat)
> openfetion
>  - Builds fine
> pino
>  - Builds fine

Ok.

> plasma-widget-message-indicator
>  - Builds fine

For some reason, this does not appear on our tracker - presumably
because it is only in experimental.

> postler
>  - Will FTBFS, maintainer informed: #645493
> quassel
>  - Builds fine

Same as with clementine.

> xfce4-indicator-plugin
>  - Will get a source-full upload by me (pkg-xfce hat)
> 

Ok.

> When I have your go, I would raise the FTBFS bugs and tell the maintainers when
> breakage is to happen, then I would upload the libraries and the indicator-*
> packages to unstable and ask you to binNMU the ones that rebuild fine.
> If maintainers wont react, I'm happy to NMU the two packages :)
> 

Please confirm the package list at [1] is correct and I will see if we
have a slot.  It is possible we have to wait for the mono-transition though.

> Please tell me when I can do the jump.
> 
> TIA
> Evgeni Golov
> 
> 
> 

~Niels






Added blocking bug(s) of 652479: 647816 Request was from Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 19 Dec 2011 21:57:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added blocking bug(s) of 652479: 645493 Request was from Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 19 Dec 2011 21:57:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#652479; Package release.debian.org. (Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:12:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:12:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #19 received at 652479@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>
To: Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>
Cc: 652479@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#652479: transition: libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 23:04:20 +0100
Heya Niels,

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:52:12PM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

No problem. I guess you guys have some work to do :)

> > clementine
> >  - Builds fine
> 
> Not linked against on either of the above mentioned libraries.  It links
> against the libindicate-qt library, so I suspect this might be a
> false-positive?

Yepp, dctl-grep'ed too far.

> > guayadeque
> >  - Builds fine
> 
> Does not appear to actually link against any of the libraries?

Right. Build-depends but then fails to detect the lib. Both old and new 
version.

> > indicator-me
> >  - To be RMed: #652477
> 
> Gone by now.  :)

FTPMasters have an easier job on removals :)

> > plasma-widget-message-indicator
> >  - Builds fine
> 
> For some reason, this does not appear on our tracker - presumably
> because it is only in experimental.

Yepp. Will do a MU here.

> > quassel
> >  - Builds fine
> 
> Same as with clementine.

Yepp.

> Please confirm the package list at [1] is correct and I will see if we
> have a slot.  It is possible we have to wait for the mono-transition though.

My eyes tell me the list ist fine. Waiting in front of your slot-machine 
then :)

regards
Evgeni

-- 
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.




Owner recorded as Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>. Request was from Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:27:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>:
Bug#652479; Package release.debian.org. (Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:00:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>. (Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:00:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #26 received at 652479@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>
To: Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>
Cc: 652479@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#652479: transition: libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:55:42 +0100
On 12/19/2011 10:52 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up, I have setup a transition tracker page at [1]
> 
> [1] http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/libindicator.html

ping? I'd like to get rid of that :)




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#652479; Package release.debian.org. (Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:18:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:18:15 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #31 received at 652479@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>
To: Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>, 652479@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#652479: transition: libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:13:56 +0100
block 652479 by 655824
severity 645493 serious
tags 652479 + pending
thanks

On 2012-02-19 09:55, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> On 12/19/2011 10:52 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:
> 
>> Thanks for the heads up, I have setup a transition tracker page at [1]
>>
>> [1] http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/libindicator.html
> 
> ping? I'd like to get rid of that :)
> 
> 
> 

Hi,

Sorry, I completely forgot about this one.  Looks like indicator-session
got a new FTBFS (#655824), but other than that we are good to go I guess.

Please remember to stricten the -dev package build-depends if you upload
multiple packages.  This prevents the buildds from building against the
old version (and saves us a binNMU or two).  :)

~Niels

PS:  You can use "important" for bugs like #645493.




Added blocking bug(s) of 652479: 655824 Request was from Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:18:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added tag(s) pending. Request was from Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:18:21 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>:
Bug#652479; Package release.debian.org. (Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:24:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>. (Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:24:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #40 received at 652479@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>
To: Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>
Cc: 652479@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#652479: transition: libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:21:01 +0100
On 02/19/2012 10:13 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Sorry, I completely forgot about this one.  Looks like indicator-session
> got a new FTBFS (#655824), but other than that we are good to go I guess.

This is fixed in the version in experimental. So it will just go away :)
I will start uploading my stuff later today (when I'm awake and had
enough coffee not to mes things up)

> Please remember to stricten the -dev package build-depends if you upload
> multiple packages.  This prevents the buildds from building against the
> old version (and saves us a binNMU or two).  :)

Oki, will do

Thanks!




Reply sent to Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:13:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:13:25 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #45 received at 652479-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
To: Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>, 652479-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#652479: transition: libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 11:10:45 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org> (17/12/2011):
> I plan to upload libindicator, libdbusmenu, libindicate to unstable,
> as they currently are in experimental.
> This includes soname bumps:
> libindicator3 → libindicator6
> libdbusmenu-glib3 → libdbusmenu-glib4
> libdbusmenu-gtk3 → libdbusmenu-gtk4
> libindicate-gtk2 → libindicate-gtk3
> and will need binNMUs.

All of the old binaries are gone from testing, so that's finished.

Mraw,
KiBi.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 03 Apr 2012 07:51:28 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Fri Apr 18 16:27:20 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.