Debian Bug report logs - #639076
packagesearch: FTBFS: keymaker.h:64:10: error: a template-id may not appear in a using-declaration

version graph

Package: src:packagesearch; Maintainer for src:packagesearch is Benjamin Mesing <ben@debian.org>;

Reported by: Philippe Le Brouster <plb@nebkha.net>

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:39:04 UTC

Severity: serious

Tags: patch, sid, wheezy

Found in version packagesearch/2.6

Fixed in version 2.7

Done: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:39:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Philippe Le Brouster <plb@nebkha.net>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>. (Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:39:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Philippe Le Brouster <plb@nebkha.net>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: packagesearch: FTBFS: keymaker.h:64:10: error: a template-id may not appear in a using-declaration
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 23:36:33 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Source: packagesearch
Version: 2.6
Severity: serious
Tags: wheezy sid
User: debian-qa@lists.debian.org
Usertags: qa-ftbfs-20110822 qa-ftbfs
Justification: FTBFS on amd64

Hi,

During a rebuild of all packages in sid, your package failed to build on
amd64.

Relevant part:
> g++ -c -m64 -pipe -include workarounds.h -O2 -I/usr/include/tagcoll-2.0.12 -I/usr/include/tagcoll-2.0.12 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I.moc -I.ui -o .obj/runcommandinxterm.o runcommandinxterm.cpp
> In file included from /usr/include/xapian/enquire.h:33:0,
>                  from /usr/include/xapian.h:46,
>                  from helpers.h:21,
>                  from main.cpp:24:
> /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h:64:10: error: a template-id may not appear in a using-declaration
> /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h: In member function 'void Xapian::MultiValueKeyMaker::add_value(Xapian::valueno, bool)':
> /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h:77:7: error: expected primary-expression before '.' token
> /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h: At global scope:
> /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h:110:10: error: a template-id may not appear in a using-declaration
> /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h: In member function 'void Xapian::MultiValueSorter::add(Xapian::valueno, bool)':
> /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h:123:7: error: expected primary-expression before '.' token
> make[2]: *** [.obj/main.o] Error 1

The full build log is available from:
   http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2011/08/22/packagesearch_2.6_lsid64.buildlog

A list of current common problems and possible solutions is available at 
http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/FTBFS . You're welcome to contribute!

About the archive rebuild: The rebuild was done on about 50 AMD64 nodes
of the Grid'5000 platform, using a clean chroot.  Internet was not
accessible from the build systems.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:54:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:54:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>
To: Philippe Le Brouster <plb@nebkha.net>, 639076@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: packagesearch: FTBFS: keymaker.h:64:10: error: a template-id may not appear in a using-declaration
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:50:04 +0200
Hi,

I have a suspicion what is causing the problem:
/usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h declares a member variable named "slots"
and I am using QT, where this symbol might be redefined by some
makro-magic. I won't have time to create a fix within the next one or
two weeks, but I hope I can fix it afterwards.

Best regards

Ben

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 23:36 +0200, Philippe Le Brouster wrote:
> Source: packagesearch
> Version: 2.6
> Severity: serious
> Tags: wheezy sid
> User: debian-qa@lists.debian.org
> Usertags: qa-ftbfs-20110822 qa-ftbfs
> Justification: FTBFS on amd64
> 
> Hi,
> 
> During a rebuild of all packages in sid, your package failed to build on
> amd64.
> 
> Relevant part:
> > g++ -c -m64 -pipe -include workarounds.h -O2 -I/usr/include/tagcoll-2.0.12 -I/usr/include/tagcoll-2.0.12 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I.moc -I.ui -o .obj/runcommandinxterm.o runcommandinxterm.cpp
> > In file included from /usr/include/xapian/enquire.h:33:0,
> >                  from /usr/include/xapian.h:46,
> >                  from helpers.h:21,
> >                  from main.cpp:24:
> > /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h:64:10: error: a template-id may not appear in a using-declaration
> > /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h: In member function 'void Xapian::MultiValueKeyMaker::add_value(Xapian::valueno, bool)':
> > /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h:77:7: error: expected primary-expression before '.' token
> > /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h: At global scope:
> > /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h:110:10: error: a template-id may not appear in a using-declaration
> > /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h: In member function 'void Xapian::MultiValueSorter::add(Xapian::valueno, bool)':
> > /usr/include/xapian/keymaker.h:123:7: error: expected primary-expression before '.' token
> > make[2]: *** [.obj/main.o] Error 1
> 
> The full build log is available from:
>    http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2011/08/22/packagesearch_2.6_lsid64.buildlog
> 
> A list of current common problems and possible solutions is available at 
> http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/FTBFS . You're welcome to contribute!
> 
> About the archive rebuild: The rebuild was done on about 50 AMD64 nodes
> of the Grid'5000 platform, using a clean chroot.  Internet was not
> accessible from the build systems.






Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Wed, 07 Sep 2011 20:00:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Wed, 07 Sep 2011 20:00:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>
To: "control@bugs.debian.org" <control@bugs.debian.org>
Cc: 639076@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Fixed build error
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:56:29 +0200
tag 639076 +patch
thanks

Patch is commited to SVN:
- fixed compiler error caused by xapian having a slots member variable
  Fix: #undef slots before including xapian and using Q_SLOTS: in most 
  places instead of slots:
  Closes: #639076






Added tag(s) patch. Request was from Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 07 Sep 2011 20:00:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 07:42:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>. (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 07:42:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #22 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org>
To: 639076@bugs.debian.org, bensmail@gmx.net
Subject: Update planned for packagesearch?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 08:30:20 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Benjamin!

I'm going trough some of the RC bugs and have seen packagesearch.

You have commited a fix upstream for it, do you plan to upload? In
case you are short of time, I can else have a look at it if needed and
check for a NMU.

Thanks for your work,

Regards,
Salvatore
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:30:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:30:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #27 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>
To: Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org>, 639076@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: Update planned for packagesearch?
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 19:26:21 +0100
Hi,

thanks for your offer. I am actually in the final phase of preparing the
next version of packagesearch which shall include the fix for the RC bug
as well. It might still take some time to complete it though (1-4 weeks
at current pace).

Do you know, when freeze of testing is to be expected?

Best regards

Benjamin

On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 08:30 +0100, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> Hi Benjamin!
> 
> I'm going trough some of the RC bugs and have seen packagesearch.
> 
> You have commited a fix upstream for it, do you plan to upload? In
> case you are short of time, I can else have a look at it if needed and
> check for a NMU.
> 
> Thanks for your work,
> 
> Regards,
> Salvatore






Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:42:31 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>. (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:42:31 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #32 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org>
To: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>
Cc: 639076@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: Update planned for packagesearch?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 19:35:52 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hey Benjamin

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 07:26:21PM +0100, Benjamin Mesing wrote:
> thanks for your offer. I am actually in the final phase of preparing the
> next version of packagesearch which shall include the fix for the RC bug
> as well. It might still take some time to complete it though (1-4 weeks
> at current pace).

Cool, many thanks for the update :)

> Do you know, when freeze of testing is to be expected?

It is planned to freeze on mid of the year, see [1].

 [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/01/msg00009.html

Thanks and regards,
Salvatore
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Added indication that bug 639076 blocks 665969 Request was from Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 21 Apr 2012 20:33:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added indication that bug 639076 blocks 669215 Request was from Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 21 Apr 2012 20:33:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Thu, 03 May 2012 19:27:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>. (Thu, 03 May 2012 19:27:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #41 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>, 639076@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: Update planned for packagesearch?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 20:21:51 +0100
On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 19:26 +0100, Benjamin Mesing wrote:
> thanks for your offer. I am actually in the final phase of preparing the
> next version of packagesearch which shall include the fix for the RC bug
> as well. It might still take some time to complete it though (1-4 weeks
> at current pace).

That was three months ago, and packagesearch is now part of the
apt/libept transitions (hence the "blocks" notation I added recently).
Is there an ETA for an upload?  If not then an intermediate upload to at
least fix the FTBFS would be appreciated.

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Thu, 03 May 2012 19:36:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Thu, 03 May 2012 19:36:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #46 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>
To: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Cc: 639076@bugs.debian.org, Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org>, Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: Update planned for packagesearch?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 21:32:12 +0200
On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 20:21 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 19:26 +0100, Benjamin Mesing wrote:
> > thanks for your offer. I am actually in the final phase of preparing the
> > next version of packagesearch which shall include the fix for the RC bug
> > as well. It might still take some time to complete it though (1-4 weeks
> > at current pace).
> 
> That was three months ago, and packagesearch is now part of the
> apt/libept transitions (hence the "blocks" notation I added recently).
> Is there an ETA for an upload?  If not then an intermediate upload to at
> least fix the FTBFS would be appreciated.

Packagesearch is practically ready for release, but I am currently
blocked by a bug witin libept (#670569) which returns the short instead
of the long description making packagesearch somewhat useless. I would
have prepared to have this one ironed out before, but I depend on Enrico
there. However, it seems, that the problem occurs even for current
versions of packagesearch with a recent libept, so I might as well
upload a new version now and hope for the problem to go away once a
fixed libept gets uploaded.

I will try to make some time this weekend.

Best regards

Benjamin





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Mon, 07 May 2012 11:33:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>. (Mon, 07 May 2012 11:33:26 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #51 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>
To: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>
Cc: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>, 639076@bugs.debian.org, Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: Update planned for packagesearch?
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 13:31:04 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 09:32:12PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> Packagesearch is practically ready for release, but I am currently
> blocked by a bug witin libept (#670569) which returns the short instead
> of the long description making packagesearch somewhat useless. I would
> have prepared to have this one ironed out before, but I depend on Enrico
> there. However, it seems, that the problem occurs even for current
> versions of packagesearch with a recent libept, so I might as well
> upload a new version now and hope for the problem to go away once a
> fixed libept gets uploaded.

Ack, sorry I've been unresponsive on this. I haven't yet found the time
to study the changes in libapt-pkg introduced with the move of English
descriptions to translated files :(


Ciao,

Enrico

-- 
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Tue, 08 May 2012 00:12:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>. (Tue, 08 May 2012 00:12:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #56 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
To: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>, 639076@bugs.debian.org
Cc: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>, Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org>, Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: Update planned for packagesearch?
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 02:10:41 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net> (03/05/2012):
> Packagesearch is practically ready for release, but I am currently
> blocked by a bug witin libept (#670569) which returns the short
> instead of the long description making packagesearch somewhat useless.
> I would have prepared to have this one ironed out before, but I depend
> on Enrico there. However, it seems, that the problem occurs even for
> current versions of packagesearch with a recent libept, so I might as
> well upload a new version now and hope for the problem to go away once
> a fixed libept gets uploaded.

thanks for pointing out that libept issue.

> I will try to make some time this weekend.

Any progress on this one? We'd really be happy to have the apt
transition move on, and that FTBFS is still a blocker currently. Please
let me know if you need any help with the upload.

goplay was just fixed, libept1 needs a decruft but is otherwise OK. So
basically sorting out the s390x mess and fixing qapt would be the last
bits (and I'll look into fixing the latter) from a very quick look at
it.

Mraw,
KiBi.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Tue, 08 May 2012 13:57:34 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>. (Tue, 08 May 2012 13:57:36 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #61 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
To: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>
Cc: 639076@bugs.debian.org, enrico@enricozini.org, carnil@debian.org, adam@adam-barratt.org.uk
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: Update planned for packagesearch?
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 15:26:29 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Benjamin,

and thanks for the quick answer, it's appreciated.

Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net> (08/05/2012):
> Sorry, I did not cc' my correction about the date to the bug :( I
> actually meant coming weekend (May 12th/13th). Hope it is not to late.

We should get apt somewhere this week, so upcoming weekend should be OK.
Please make sure you upload with urgency=high (even though we can always
adjust timings through age-days hints at the britney level if needs be).

Mraw,
KiBi.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Tue, 08 May 2012 14:24:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Benjamin Mesing" <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>. (Tue, 08 May 2012 14:24:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #66 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Benjamin Mesing" <bensmail@gmx.net>
To: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>, 639076@bugs.debian.org, 639076@bugs.debian.org
Cc: enrico@enricozini.org, carnil@debian.org, adam@adam-barratt.org.uk
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: Update planned for packagesearch?
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 15:21:32 +0200
> Any progress on this one? We'd really be happy to have the apt
> transition move on, and that FTBFS is still a blocker currently. Please
> let me know if you need any help with the upload.

Sorry, I did not cc' my correction about the date to the bug :( 
I actually meant coming weekend (May 12th/13th). Hope it is not to late.

Best regards

Ben
-- 
NEU: FreePhone 3-fach-Flat mit kostenlosem Smartphone!                                  
Jetzt informieren: http://mobile.1und1.de/?ac=OM.PW.PW003K20328T7073a




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Tue, 08 May 2012 14:24:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Benjamin Mesing" <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>. (Tue, 08 May 2012 14:24:12 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Sun, 13 May 2012 16:06:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Sun, 13 May 2012 16:06:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #76 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>
To: 639076@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>, carnil@debian.org, adam@adam-barratt.org.uk
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: Info received (Bug#639076: Update planned for packagesearch?)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:02:06 +0200
Hi,

unfortunately I have to correct me again. It seems that the latest
changes within QT/g++ (I guess it is the former) introduced some new
problems, so I failed to create the release today. 
While I was able to solve some problems introduced by latest QT (no
longer working with multiple inheritance), I am lost at why my QT based
SortFilterModels stopped working. I keep getting crashes now when
dealing with debtags data. Half a day of debugging and trial and error
did not get me any closer to solving the problem. 

I might find some time throughout the week to further investigate the
problem, but I have no real clue what could be causing the crashes.

I now see two options: 
     1. I strip packagesearch of some important funkctionality and
        upload it on tuesday, so you can get on with libapt transition
     2. You wait a while longer, to see, if I can fix packagesearch
        until end of next week, else proceed with 1.

Please let me know about your preferences.

Sorry for this, but I did try my best..

Best regards

Ben


> If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
> send it to 639076@bugs.debian.org.
> 
> Please do not send mail to owner@bugs.debian.org unless you wish
> to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.
> 






Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
Bug#639076; Package src:packagesearch. (Sun, 13 May 2012 16:21:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>. (Sun, 13 May 2012 16:21:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #81 received at 639076@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
To: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>
Cc: 639076@bugs.debian.org, carnil@debian.org, adam@adam-barratt.org.uk
Subject: Re: Bug#639076: Info received (Bug#639076: Update planned for packagesearch?)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:16:20 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Benjamin,

thanks for the details.

Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net> (13/05/2012):
> I now see two options: 
>      1. I strip packagesearch of some important funkctionality and
>         upload it on tuesday, so you can get on with libapt transition
>      2. You wait a while longer, to see, if I can fix packagesearch
>         until end of next week, else proceed with 1.
> 
> Please let me know about your preferences.

Since apt is getting ready, we asked libept to be decrufted, meaning
libept1 is gone (and packagesearch/sid is uninstallable). That should
allow apt and friends to migrate to testing very soon. That means
you can do as you wish as far as packagesearch is concerned. Once it
is ready to migrate, the old libept1 kept in testing will disappear
and the transition will be over.

> Sorry for this, but I did try my best..

That, as well as your letting us know in a timely manner, is highly
appreciated (and I do mean it).

Mraw,
KiBi.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Reply sent to Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>:
You have taken responsibility. (Wed, 23 May 2012 19:09:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Philippe Le Brouster <plb@nebkha.net>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Wed, 23 May 2012 19:09:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #86 received at 639076-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net>
To: 669215-done@bugs.debian.org, 639076-done@bugs.debian.org, 598193-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Bugs closed in 2.7
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 21:07:01 +0200
Version: 2.7
thanks

Fixed in version 2.7 of packagesearch which was never uploaded to the
archive (we are now at 2.7.1) and therefore its "Closes" statements
where not processed.

Changelog entry:
packagesearch (2.7) unstable; urgency=high

  * compiled against latest version of libept/libapt (Closes: #669215)
  * fixed compiler error caused by xapian having a slots member 
    variable (Closes: #639076)
  * added support for displaying the "Homepage" field (Closes: #598193)
  * Implemented support for viewing screenshots





Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:49:25 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Thu Apr 17 00:23:50 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.