Debian Bug report logs - #639041
PTS mail interface doesn't have an up-to-date list of packages

Package: qa.debian.org; Maintainer for qa.debian.org is debian-qa@lists.debian.org;

Reported by: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:30:01 UTC

Severity: normal

Done: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, fabian.knittel@avona.com, owner@packages.qa.debian.org, debian-qa@lists.debian.org:
Bug#639041; Package qa.debian.org. (Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:30:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to fabian.knittel@avona.com, owner@packages.qa.debian.org, debian-qa@lists.debian.org. (Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:30:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: PTS mail interface doesn't have an up-to-date list of packages
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 22:28:10 +0200
Package: qa.debian.org
User: qa.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: pts

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011, Fabian Knittel wrote:
> Dear Owners,
> 
> the package "fdsend" was accepted into unstable on 2011-08-17, but for
> some reason, the pts answering daemon still complains about it.  See below:
> 
> Am 23.08.2011 15:47, schrieb owner@packages.qa.debian.org:
> > Processing commands for pts@qa.debian.org:
> > 
> >> Subject: Web subscription for fdsend package
> > 
> >> subscribe fdsend fabian.knittel@avona.com
> > fdsend is neither a source package nor a binary package. 
> > It may be a 'pseudo package' or a mistake...
> >
> > A confirmation mail has been sent to fabian.knittel@avona.com.
> 
> Maybe the list of packages isn't properly kept in sync somewhere?

Indeed, the list that was used is no longer provide by the BTS and
in commit r2518 I updated some other part of the code to work without
that sources.map file. At that time I did not notice that the mail
part of the PTS was still using it... cf $sources in perl/common.pl.

So we have to reintroduce that file somehow (UDD export?) or adjust the mail
part to get this information in some other way. Giovanni, do you feel like
taking care of this problem ?

---
r2518 | hertzog | 2011-05-01 22:34:08 +0200 (dim. 01 mai 2011) | 8 lignes

Stop relying on sources.map file that used to be provided by the BTS.
Instead we compute our own map.
[...]
---

> The subscription process appears to work and mails to
> fdsend@packages.qa.debian.org are properly forwarded, so this appears to
> be a purely cosmetic issue.

Yes, it's only cosmetic.

Cheers,
-- 
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Follow my Debian News ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.com (English)
                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, debian-qa@lists.debian.org:
Bug#639041; Package qa.debian.org. (Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:00:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Giovanni Mascellani <gio@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to debian-qa@lists.debian.org. (Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:00:27 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 639041@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Giovanni Mascellani <gio@debian.org>
To: 639041@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#639041: PTS mail interface doesn't have an up-to-date list of packages
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:56:34 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Ciao.

On 23/08/2011 22:28, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>> Maybe the list of packages isn't properly kept in sync somewhere?
> 
> Indeed, the list that was used is no longer provide by the BTS and
> in commit r2518 I updated some other part of the code to work without
> that sources.map file. At that time I did not notice that the mail
> part of the PTS was still using it... cf $sources in perl/common.pl.
> 
> So we have to reintroduce that file somehow (UDD export?) or adjust the mail
> part to get this information in some other way. Giovanni, do you feel like
> taking care of this problem ?

Actually I don't know nearly anything of Perl, so I doubt I can
contribute to that part. The binary <-> source mapping is actually
already available, it is computed by sources_to_xml.py and then pickled
and stored in www/base/sources_mapping. It should be easy to store it
(also) in a format that Perl can import (for example JSON). And it
should also be easy to instruct Perl to read such file, provided that
you know Perl.

> ---
> r2518 | hertzog | 2011-05-01 22:34:08 +0200 (dim. 01 mai 2011) | 8 lignes
> 
> Stop relying on sources.map file that used to be provided by the BTS.
> Instead we compute our own map.
> [...]
> ---
> 
>> The subscription process appears to work and mails to
>> fdsend@packages.qa.debian.org are properly forwarded, so this appears to
>> be a purely cosmetic issue.
> 
> Yes, it's only cosmetic.

Well, it also means that you can't subscribe to a package by its binary
name. I tried to subscribe to subscribe to libmodbus5 (binary package
generated by libmodbus, accepted in unstable on August, 20th): the bot
replied with the wrong email as before, but also sent me the
confirmation token. But the confirmation token contained libmodbus5, not
libmodbus, as "source" package name, so it probably wouldn't be able to
subscribe me correctly if I answered. For double check, I also tried to
subscribe to geogebra-gnome (built by geogebra), which has been
available in unstable since about an year, and it correctly sent a token
with geogebra in it.

I'll try to have another look at it, but, as I said, I'm not a Perl hacker.

Giovanni.
-- 
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani
Jabber: g.mascellani@jabber.org / giovanni@elabor.homelinux.org

[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, debian-qa@lists.debian.org:
Bug#639041; Package qa.debian.org. (Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:48:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to debian-qa@lists.debian.org. (Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:48:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 639041@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
To: Giovanni Mascellani <gio@debian.org>, 639041@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#639041: PTS mail interface doesn't have an up-to-date list of packages
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:44:42 +0200
Hi,

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
> Actually I don't know nearly anything of Perl, so I doubt I can
> contribute to that part. The binary <-> source mapping is actually
> already available, it is computed by sources_to_xml.py and then pickled
> and stored in www/base/sources_mapping. It should be easy to store it
> (also) in a format that Perl can import (for example JSON). And it
> should also be easy to instruct Perl to read such file, provided that
> you know Perl.

Or you could directly generate something that uses the same format as
sources.map in www/base/ too and update the path to the file in
perl/common.pl.

> Well, it also means that you can't subscribe to a package by its binary
> name. I tried to subscribe to subscribe to libmodbus5 (binary package
> generated by libmodbus, accepted in unstable on August, 20th): the bot
> replied with the wrong email as before, but also sent me the
> confirmation token. But the confirmation token contained libmodbus5, not
> libmodbus, as "source" package name, so it probably wouldn't be able to
> subscribe me correctly if I answered. For double check, I also tried to
> subscribe to geogebra-gnome (built by geogebra), which has been
> available in unstable since about an year, and it correctly sent a token
> with geogebra in it.

Right, I did not think of this...

> I'll try to have another look at it, but, as I said, I'm not a Perl hacker.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
-- 
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Follow my Debian News ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.com (English)
                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, debian-qa@lists.debian.org:
Bug#639041; Package qa.debian.org. (Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:51:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Giovanni Mascellani <gio@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to debian-qa@lists.debian.org. (Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:51:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 639041@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Giovanni Mascellani <gio@debian.org>
To: 639041@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#639041: PTS mail interface doesn't have an up-to-date list of packages
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 15:50:33 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On 24/08/2011 14:44, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
>> Actually I don't know nearly anything of Perl, so I doubt I can
>> contribute to that part. The binary <-> source mapping is actually
>> already available, it is computed by sources_to_xml.py and then pickled
>> and stored in www/base/sources_mapping. It should be easy to store it
>> (also) in a format that Perl can import (for example JSON). And it
>> should also be easy to instruct Perl to read such file, provided that
>> you know Perl.
> 
> Or you could directly generate something that uses the same format as
> sources.map in www/base/ too and update the path to the file in
> perl/common.pl.

Did it in the patch attached. I give no guarantee for the Perl part,
while the Python part is also tested.

Of course I still have no permissions to directly commit this patch.

Giovanni.
-- 
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani
Jabber: g.mascellani@jabber.org / giovanni@elabor.homelinux.org
[0001-sources_to_xml.py-now-creates-sources.map-for-the-Pe.patch (text/x-patch, attachment)]
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Reply sent to Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:23:56 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:23:59 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #25 received at 639041-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
To: Giovanni Mascellani <gio@debian.org>, 639041-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#639041: PTS mail interface doesn't have an up-to-date list of packages
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:19:42 +0200
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
> Did it in the patch attached. I give no guarantee for the Perl part,
> while the Python part is also tested.

It looks fine. The python part is not very pythonic howewer. "print >> f"
is usually better written as f.write("foo\n"). I changed it before
committing, hopefully I broke nothing.

> Of course I still have no permissions to directly commit this patch.

I will take care to request your addition to the QA team.

Cheers,
-- 
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Follow my Debian News ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.com (English)
                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)




Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 23 Sep 2011 07:37:41 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Wed Apr 16 23:42:18 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.