Debian Bug report logs - #631213
ITA: arp-scan -- arp scanning and fingerprinting tool

version graph

Package: wnpp; Maintainer for wnpp is wnpp@debian.org;

Reported by: Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:00:01 UTC

Owned by: William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>

Severity: normal

Fixed in version 1.8.1-1

Done: Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, timb@nth-dimension.org.uk, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#631213; Package wnpp. (Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:00:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to timb@nth-dimension.org.uk, wnpp@debian.org. (Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:00:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: O: arp-scan -- arp scanning and fingerprinting tool
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:56:10 +0000
Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

The current maintainer of arp-scan, Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>,
is apparently not active anymore.  Therefore, I orphan this package now.

Maintaining a package requires time and skills. Please only adopt this
package if you will have enough time and attention to work on it.

If you want to be the new maintainer, please see
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/index.html#howto-o for detailed
instructions how to adopt a package properly.

Some information about this package:

Package: arp-scan
Binary: arp-scan
Version: 1.6-2
Priority: extra
Section: admin
Maintainer: Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), autotools-dev, libpcap0.8-dev
Architecture: any
Standards-Version: 3.7.2
Format: 1.0
Directory: pool/main/a/arp-scan
Files:
 4b6c74d5cc2d17581aaad0f70214dde0 591 arp-scan_1.6-2.dsc
 eb24303c6eb4d77c3abf23511efce642 319566 arp-scan_1.6.orig.tar.gz
 cfbca1f93b2628f1f59104730299e5c0 18777 arp-scan_1.6-2.diff.gz

Package: arp-scan
Priority: extra
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 536
Maintainer: Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 1.6-2
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1), libpcap0.8 (>= 0.9.3-1)
Filename: pool/main/a/arp-scan/arp-scan_1.6-2_amd64.deb
Size: 184084
MD5sum: e7d7369d550618d28271a674e6664676
SHA1: 442dad2068bd87a5e63506ecd299c4713027e4ef
SHA256: 8933511606cf797c56d7f921033a528d43bf7d77158bc2c592b231650f2f7eff
Description: arp scanning and fingerprinting tool
 arp-scan is a command-line tool that uses the ARP protocol to discover and
 fingerprint IP hosts on the local network. It is available for Linux and BSD
 under the GPL licence
Tag: admin::monitoring, implemented-in::c, interface::commandline, network::scanner, role::program, scope::utility





Changed Bug title to 'ITA: arp-scan -- arp scanning and fingerprinting tool' from 'O: arp-scan -- arp scanning and fingerprinting tool' Request was from William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 22 Jun 2011 01:27:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Owner recorded as William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>. Request was from William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 22 Jun 2011 01:27:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>:
Bug#631213; Package wnpp. (Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>. (Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #14 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>
To: Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>, 631213@bugs.debian.org
Cc: submit@bugs.debian.org, William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>, Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#631213: O: arp-scan -- arp scanning and fingerprinting tool
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 02:25:20 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Tuesday 21 June 2011 15:56:10 Rene Mayorga wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: normal
> 
> The current maintainer of arp-scan, Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>,
> is apparently not active anymore.  Therefore, I orphan this package now.
> 
> Maintaining a package requires time and skills. Please only adopt this
> package if you will have enough time and attention to work on it.
> 
> If you want to be the new maintainer, please see
> http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/index.html#howto-o for detailed
> instructions how to adopt a package properly.
> 

To coin a phrase, I am not dead, just sleeping.  The current version of arp-
scan in Debian is functionally complete IMO.  There are some open bugs however 
a lack of any pressing need to upgrade the version in Debian, along with the 
loss of contact with my original sponsor lead to the neglect of the package 
for too long.  If other people are interested in (co-)maintaining it then 
great but I'm more than happy to continue.  FWIW of the 3 ourstanding bugs 1 
relates to the release of 1.7 (which didn't IMO add any pressing features) and 
1 related to a change to support a shared OUI database (which floundered with a 
lack of interest from all packagers not just myself).  The 3rd was only filed 
last week and is one that I could fix fairly quickly if I had a sponsor.

Tim
-- 
Tim Brown
<mailto:timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>
<http://www.nth-dimension.org.uk/>
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>:
Bug#631213; Package wnpp. (Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:39:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>. (Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:39:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#631213; Package wnpp. (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:21:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:21:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #24 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>
To: Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>
Cc: Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>, 631213@bugs.debian.org, submit@bugs.debian.org, Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#631213: O: arp-scan -- arp scanning and fingerprinting tool
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:15:34 -0500
Hi

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2011 15:56:10 Rene Mayorga wrote:
> To coin a phrase, I am not dead, just sleeping.  The current version of arp-
> scan in Debian is functionally complete IMO.  There are some open bugs however
> a lack of any pressing need to upgrade the version in Debian, along with the
> loss of contact with my original sponsor lead to the neglect of the package
> for too long.  If other people are interested in (co-)maintaining it then
> great but I'm more than happy to continue.  FWIW of the 3 ourstanding bugs 1
> relates to the release of 1.7 (which didn't IMO add any pressing features) and
> 1 related to a change to support a shared OUI database (which floundered with a
> lack of interest from all packagers not just myself).  The 3rd was only filed
> last week and is one that I could fix fairly quickly if I had a sponsor.
>

I took the package and I have a ITA open[0], I have a package in
mentors.d.n waiting to be uploaded and am awaiting the response from
the upstream about a error in the new version compilation.
I see you've renamed the this bug, are you still interested in
maintaining the package?

> Tim
> --
> Tim Brown
> <mailto:timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>
> <http://www.nth-dimension.org.uk/>
>

Cheers!

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/631213

-- 
William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>
PGP Key: 1024D/F5CC22A4
Fingerprint: 3E73 FA1F 5C57 6005 0439  4D75 1FD2 BF96 F5CC 22A4




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#631213; Package wnpp. (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:21:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:21:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>:
Bug#631213; Package wnpp. (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 02:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>. (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 02:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #34 received at 631213@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>
To: William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>
Cc: Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>, 631213@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#631213: O: arp-scan -- arp scanning and fingerprinting tool
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:31:35 -0600
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 08:15:34PM -0500, William Vera wrote:
> 
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk> wrote:
> 
> I took the package and I have a ITA open[0], I have a package in
> mentors.d.n waiting to be uploaded and am awaiting the response from
> the upstream about a error in the new version compilation.
> I see you've renamed the this bug, are you still interested in
> maintaining the package?

Tim is still willing to be a co-maint, please try to coordinate with him the new
upload.

Cheers

--
René




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org:
Bug#631213; Package wnpp. (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 14:39:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org. (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 14:39:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #39 received at 631213@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>
To: Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>
Cc: Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>, 631213@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#631213: O: arp-scan -- arp scanning and fingerprinting tool
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:36:03 -0500
Hello

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 08:15:34PM -0500, William Vera wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I took the package and I have a ITA open[0], I have a package in
>> mentors.d.n waiting to be uploaded and am awaiting the response from
>> the upstream about a error in the new version compilation.
>> I see you've renamed the this bug, are you still interested in
>> maintaining the package?
>
> Tim is still willing to be a co-maint, please try to coordinate with him the new
> upload.

Tim,
I just uploaded the packaged updated to mentors[0] it appears lintian clean.
I think arp-scan is ready for upload while the upstream response my
email, unless one of the mentors deems otherwise.
Feel free to write me directly to my mail for anything.

>
> Cheers
>
> --
> René
>

Cheers

[0] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/arp-scan/arp-scan_1.6-3.dsc

-- 
William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>
PGP Key: 1024D/F5CC22A4
Fingerprint: 3E73 FA1F 5C57 6005 0439  4D75 1FD2 BF96 F5CC 22A4




Bug Marked as fixed in versions 1.8.1-1. Request was from Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 07 Jul 2011 16:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Reply sent to Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Thu, 07 Jul 2011 17:09:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Thu, 07 Jul 2011 17:09:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #46 received at 631213-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org>
To: 631213-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: fixed in 1.8.1-1
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 18:42:28 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
as this was implicitly fixed in the last upload, closing the bug.

Maintainer left as "Tim Brown" as he stepped up commenting "I'm not dead".
New Uploader is now William Vera.

-- 
Cheers,
Kilian
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 05 Aug 2011 07:33:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Thu Apr 17 13:14:06 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.