Debian Bug report logs - #630201
transition: liblzma 5

Package: release.debian.org; Maintainer for release.debian.org is Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>;

Reported by: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:00:02 UTC

Severity: normal

Done: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:00:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:00:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: transition: liblzma 5
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 04:56:55 -0500
Package: release.debian.org
User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: transition

Hi,

I would like to upload liblzma5 to unstable, so liblzma in wheezy can
match the upstream ABI.

Relative to what's currently in sid, this involves a soname bump
(2 → 5), introduction of versioned symbols, and some changes to the
padding at the end of structs.  liblzma never looks at this padding
so even by simulating the worst case (liblzma2 and liblzma5 being
indirect dependencies of a single binary through different paths,
resulting in the two versions sharing a process image) I haven't been
able to make it cause any trouble for partial upgrades.  And I'm not
aware of any packages that would trigger that worst case.

You can find a liblzma5 package to test with at

 git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/xz.git experimental
 http://mentors.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xz-utils/xz-utils_5.1.1alpha+20110528-1~exp1.dsc

The packaging takes the latest upstream version and reverts changes
that introduced new ABI since the last stable upstream release.  It is
targetted at experimental and might be uploaded there soon.

apt-cache points me to 14 binary reverse-dependencies counting each
source package once[1], aside from xz-utils itself.  From a transition
coordination perspective, probably shogun, R, and KDE are the most
notable ones.

This is not urgent.  I just would be happy to get it done so it
doesn't have to happen later.  Thoughts of all kinds welcome, of
course.

Regards,
Jonathan

[1]
* shogun:
 shogun-r
 shogun-python-modular
 shogun-python
 shogun-octave-modular
 shogun-elwms
 shogun-cmdline
 libshogun9
 libshogunui6

* python-lzma:
 python-lzma-dbg
 python-lzma

* libarchive:
 libarchive1
 bsdtar
 bsdcpio

* miscellaneous:
 r-base-core
 libkdecore5
 libyelp0
 squashfs-tools
 mupen64plus
 gtkwave
 fusecompress
 fsarchiver
 libdw1 (DWARF parser for elfutils)
 apt-cacher-ng
 librpmio2




Added blocking bug(s) of 630201: 629917 Request was from Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:12:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Removed blocking bug(s) of 630201: 629917 Request was from Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:30:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added blocking bug(s) of 630201: 625115 Request was from Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:30:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:18:14 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:18:14 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #16 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>, 630201@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#630201: transition: liblzma 5
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 22:15:09 +0200
On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 04:56:55 -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> I would like to upload liblzma5 to unstable, so liblzma in wheezy can
> match the upstream ABI.
> 
> Relative to what's currently in sid, this involves a soname bump
> (2 → 5), introduction of versioned symbols, and some changes to the
> padding at the end of structs.  liblzma never looks at this padding
> so even by simulating the worst case (liblzma2 and liblzma5 being
> indirect dependencies of a single binary through different paths,
> resulting in the two versions sharing a process image) I haven't been
> able to make it cause any trouble for partial upgrades.  And I'm not
> aware of any packages that would trigger that worst case.
> 
I think this should be ok at this point, feel free to upload to sid.
Thanks for bearing with us for this long...

Cheers,
Julien




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:00:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:00:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #21 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>, 630201@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#630201: transition: liblzma 5
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 19:56:36 +0200
On Thu, Oct  6, 2011 at 22:15:09 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 04:56:55 -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> 
> > I would like to upload liblzma5 to unstable, so liblzma in wheezy can
> > match the upstream ABI.
> > 
> > Relative to what's currently in sid, this involves a soname bump
> > (2 → 5), introduction of versioned symbols, and some changes to the
> > padding at the end of structs.  liblzma never looks at this padding
> > so even by simulating the worst case (liblzma2 and liblzma5 being
> > indirect dependencies of a single binary through different paths,
> > resulting in the two versions sharing a process image) I haven't been
> > able to make it cause any trouble for partial upgrades.  And I'm not
> > aware of any packages that would trigger that worst case.
> > 
> I think this should be ok at this point, feel free to upload to sid.
> Thanks for bearing with us for this long...
> 
Ping, Jonathan?

Cheers,
Julien




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 15 Oct 2011 04:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 15 Oct 2011 04:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #26 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
To: Mohammed Adnène Trojette <adn+deb@diwi.org>
Cc: 630201@bugs.debian.org, xz-utils@packages.debian.org, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
Subject: [sponsoring] xz-utils update
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 23:38:48 -0500
Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Thu, Oct  6, 2011 at 22:15:09 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

>> I think this should be ok at this point, feel free to upload to sid.
>> Thanks for bearing with us for this long...
>
> Ping, Jonathan?

Sorry for the slow response.  Mohammed, I'd like to propose xz-utils
5.1.1alpha+20110809-3 for upload to unstable.  Relative to the version
currently in sid and testing, it bumps ABI (to liblzma5), nothing
else.  Hopefully it can have a speedy journey to testing, and the
changes to manage /usr/bin/lzma through the alternatives system can
visit sid after that.

The package can be found at

 git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/xz.git master (commit 3e157d0)
 http://alioth.debian.org/~jrnieder-guest/temp/xz-utils_5.1.1alpha+20110809-3.dsc
 
Thoughts of all kinds welcome, of course.




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mohammed Adnène Trojette <adn+deb@diwi.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:09:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #31 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mohammed Adnène Trojette <adn+deb@diwi.org>
To: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
Cc: Mohammed Adnène Trojette <adn+deb@diwi.org>, 630201@bugs.debian.org, xz-utils@packages.debian.org, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
Subject: Re: [sponsoring] xz-utils update
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 13:06:13 +0200
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Sorry for the slow response.  Mohammed, I'd like to propose xz-utils
> 5.1.1alpha+20110809-3 for upload to unstable.  Relative to the version
> currently in sid and testing, it bumps ABI (to liblzma5), nothing
> else.  Hopefully it can have a speedy journey to testing, and the
> changes to manage /usr/bin/lzma through the alternatives system can
> visit sid after that.

I'll take care of it.

-- 
Mohammed Adnène Trojette




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Tue, 18 Oct 2011 04:54:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Tue, 18 Oct 2011 04:54:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #36 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
To: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Cc: 630201@bugs.debian.org, xz-utils@packages.debian.org
Subject: RFS: xz-utils (updated package)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 23:49:43 -0500
Hi,

I am looking to upload the new version 5.1.1alpha+20110809-3 of my
package "xz-utils" to unstable.

It builds these binary packages:

xz-utils	- high compression-ratio compressor
xz-lzma 	- LZMA Utils compatibility commands
xzdec   	- tiny decompressors
liblzma-dev	- development library
liblzma-doc	- doxygen-generated reference documentation
liblzma5	- runtime library

The package can be found on alioth.debian.org:

- http://alioth.debian.org/~jrnieder-guest/temp/xz-utils_5.1.1alpha+20110809-3.dsc
- git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/xz.git master

The purpose of this upload is to bump soname to 5 and match upstream's
ABI for liblzma (no other changes).  This includes introducing symbol
versioning.  These changes have been cooking in one form or another
since a little before squeeze was released.

I have tested the package and it works well.  Of course I'm also happy
to deal promptly with any fallout.

Julien Cristau wrote[1]:

> I think this should be ok at this point, feel free to upload to sid.

Mohammed Adnène Trojette wrote:

> Woops, totally forgot to do it this week-end. I won't be able to do it
> before the week-end. If you don't find any sponsor by saturday, please
> remind me of it :-(

So I am relying on you, dear mentors.

Thoughts?
Jonathan

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/630201




Added tag(s) pending. Request was from Julien Cristau <julien@coloquinte.cristau.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:49:20 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added blocking bug(s) of 630201: 646694 Request was from Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:57:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:03:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #45 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>, 630201@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#630201: transition: liblzma 5
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:01:41 +0200
On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 04:56:55 -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> * shogun:

Not in testing.
> 
> * python-lzma:
> * libarchive:
>  r-base-core
>  squashfs-tools
>  mupen64plus
>  gtkwave
>  fusecompress
>  fsarchiver
>  librpmio2

BinNMUed

>  libkdecore5

BinNMUed, waiting on mipsel's admin to wake up and sign.

>  libyelp0

Part of the gnome transition, sitting on this one for now.

>  libdw1 (DWARF parser for elfutils)

FTBFS on kfreebsd, needs a bug filed.

>  apt-cacher-ng

Maintainer uploaded amd64 against liblzma2, will binNMU.

Additionally:
> xen/amd64 (#646694)

Won't binNMU because of #404538 and the other FTBFS bugs.  This one
looks like it needs some attention.

Cheers,
Julien




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 26 Oct 2011 17:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 26 Oct 2011 17:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #50 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>, 630201@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#630201: transition: liblzma 5
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:37:30 +0200
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:01:41 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

> >  libdw1 (DWARF parser for elfutils)
> 
> FTBFS on kfreebsd, needs a bug filed.
> 
Apparently that's #570805 (thanks, Jakub).

> >  apt-cacher-ng
> 
> Maintainer uploaded amd64 against liblzma2, will binNMU.
> 
Done now.

> Additionally:
> > xen/amd64 (#646694)
> 
> Won't binNMU because of #404538 and the other FTBFS bugs.  This one
> looks like it needs some attention.
> 
Bastian uploaded a fix.

Cheers,
Julien




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 29 Oct 2011 07:15:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 29 Oct 2011 07:15:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #55 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
To: kfreebsd-i386@buildd.debian.org, kfreebsd-amd64@buildd.debian.org
Cc: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>, elfutils@packages.debian.org, 630201@bugs.debian.org
Subject: [kfreebsd-*] please rebuild elfutils/sid, ignoring the 2 known testsuite failures (Re: transition: liblzma 5)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 02:12:25 -0500
Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:01:41 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

>>>  libdw1 (DWARF parser for elfutils)
>>
>> FTBFS on kfreebsd, needs a bug filed.
>
> Apparently that's #570805 (thanks, Jakub).

That's a pair of testsuite failures due to a kernel bug and not a
regression in elfutils as far as I can tell.

kfreebsd buildd admins, is it possible to schedule a rebuild with
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck, or would it be better to request that
directly in debian/rules as a temporary workaround?  (Please forgive
my ignorance.)

Thanks,
Jonathan




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:09:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:09:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #60 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
Cc: kfreebsd-i386@buildd.debian.org, kfreebsd-amd64@buildd.debian.org, elfutils@packages.debian.org, 630201@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [kfreebsd-*] please rebuild elfutils/sid, ignoring the 2 known testsuite failures (Re: transition: liblzma 5)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:07:42 +0200
On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 02:12:25 -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> Julien Cristau wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:01:41 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> 
> >>>  libdw1 (DWARF parser for elfutils)
> >>
> >> FTBFS on kfreebsd, needs a bug filed.
> >
> > Apparently that's #570805 (thanks, Jakub).
> 
> That's a pair of testsuite failures due to a kernel bug and not a
> regression in elfutils as far as I can tell.
> 
> kfreebsd buildd admins, is it possible to schedule a rebuild with
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck, or would it be better to request that
> directly in debian/rules as a temporary workaround?  (Please forgive
> my ignorance.)
> 
I think this should be worked around in the elfutils package.

Cheers,
Julien




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:39:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:39:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #65 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>
To: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
Cc: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>, kfreebsd-i386@buildd.debian.org, kfreebsd-amd64@buildd.debian.org, elfutils@packages.debian.org, 630201@bugs.debian.org, 570805@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [kfreebsd-*] please rebuild elfutils/sid, ignoring the 2 known testsuite failures (Re: transition: liblzma 5)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:38:18 +0200
On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 11:07:42AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 02:12:25 -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> 
> > Julien Cristau wrote:
> > > On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:01:41 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > 
> > >>>  libdw1 (DWARF parser for elfutils)
> > >>
> > >> FTBFS on kfreebsd, needs a bug filed.
> > >
> > > Apparently that's #570805 (thanks, Jakub).
> > 
> > That's a pair of testsuite failures due to a kernel bug and not a
> > regression in elfutils as far as I can tell.
> > 
> > kfreebsd buildd admins, is it possible to schedule a rebuild with
> > DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck, or would it be better to request that
> > directly in debian/rules as a temporary workaround?  (Please forgive
> > my ignorance.)
> > 
> I think this should be worked around in the elfutils package.

How do you suggest I work around this?  I really don't like to
ignore those errors.  They're the one that test the platform
specific parts.

Can I instead suggest someone looks at the kernel and fixes it?
It used to work, it works on the porter machines, it just fails
on the buidds.


Kurt





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:48:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:48:12 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #70 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
To: Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>, 570805@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>, kfreebsd-i386@buildd.debian.org, kfreebsd-amd64@buildd.debian.org, elfutils@packages.debian.org, 630201@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#570805: [kfreebsd-*] please rebuild elfutils/sid, ignoring the 2 known testsuite failures (Re: transition: liblzma 5)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:45:23 +0200
On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 11:38:18AM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 11:07:42AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 02:12:25 -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> > 
> > > Julien Cristau wrote:
> > > > On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:01:41 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > > 
> > > >>>  libdw1 (DWARF parser for elfutils)
> > > >>
> > > >> FTBFS on kfreebsd, needs a bug filed.
> > > >
> > > > Apparently that's #570805 (thanks, Jakub).
> > > 
> > > That's a pair of testsuite failures due to a kernel bug and not a
> > > regression in elfutils as far as I can tell.
> > > 
> > > kfreebsd buildd admins, is it possible to schedule a rebuild with
> > > DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck, or would it be better to request that
> > > directly in debian/rules as a temporary workaround?  (Please forgive
> > > my ignorance.)
> > > 
> > I think this should be worked around in the elfutils package.
> 
> How do you suggest I work around this?  I really don't like to
> ignore those errors.  They're the one that test the platform
> specific parts.
> 
> Can I instead suggest someone looks at the kernel and fixes it?

The kernel part is not trivial to solve.

> It used to work, it works on the porter machines, it just fails
> on the buidds.

It now fails because of the multiple bind mounts needed by schroot.

-- 
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
aurelien@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net




Reply sent to Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:30:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:30:31 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #75 received at 630201-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org>
To: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>, 630201-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#630201: transition: liblzma 5
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 13:11:18 +0100
On 06/12/2011 11:56 AM, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> 
> I would like to upload liblzma5 to unstable, so liblzma in wheezy
> can match the upstream ABI.
> 

Thanks to jcristau:

  xz-utils | 5.1.1alpha+20110809-3 |       testing | source, amd64,
armel, i386, ia64, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc,
s390, sparc

Regards,

-- 
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:57:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:57:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #80 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org>
To: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>, 630201@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#630201: transition: liblzma 5
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 13:47:24 +0100
reopen 630201
thanks

On 11/01/2011 01:11 PM, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> 
> xz-utils | 5.1.1alpha+20110809-3 |       testing | source, amd64, 
> armel, i386, ia64, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel,
> powerpc, s390, sparc
> 

oh, I forgot that liblzma2 is _still_ in testing (thanks to julien for
the reminder).

FWIW, the current list of reverse dependencies are:

# Broken Depends:
elfutils: libdw1 [kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386]
gtkwave: gtkwave
r-base: r-base-core
xen: xen-utils-4.1 [amd64]
yelp: libyelp0 [amd64 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386 mips mipsel
powerpc s390 sparc]

Regards,

-- 
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/




Did not alter fixed versions and reopened. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:57:26 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added tag(s) pending. Request was from Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 01 Nov 2011 13:27:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#630201; Package release.debian.org. (Wed, 07 Dec 2011 20:15:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Wed, 07 Dec 2011 20:15:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #89 received at 630201@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>
To: Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org>, 630201@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bug#630201: transition: liblzma 5
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 21:12:34 +0100
On Tue, Nov  1, 2011 at 13:47:24 +0100, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:

> FWIW, the current list of reverse dependencies are:
> 
> # Broken Depends:
> elfutils: libdw1 [kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386]
[...]

Now it's just this one, so we're pretty much there.

Cheers,
Julien




Reply sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
You have taken responsibility. (Tue, 14 Feb 2012 22:51:21 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Tue, 14 Feb 2012 22:51:21 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #94 received at 630201-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>, 630201-done@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bug#630201: transition: liblzma 5
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 22:49:41 +0000
On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 21:12 +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Nov  1, 2011 at 13:47:24 +0100, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> 
> > FWIW, the current list of reverse dependencies are:
> > 
> > # Broken Depends:
> > elfutils: libdw1 [kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386]
> [...]
> 
> Now it's just this one, so we're pretty much there.

That got fixed, and liblzma2 now only exists in stable.  I think it's
safe to say this is finished.

Regards,

Adam





Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 14 Mar 2012 07:35:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sat Apr 19 23:40:51 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.