Debian Bug report logs - #626931
FTBFS on GNU/Hurd

Package: src:firebird2.5; Maintainer for src:firebird2.5 is Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>;

Reported by: Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>

Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:21:01 UTC

Severity: important

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Mon, 16 May 2011 13:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Mon, 16 May 2011 13:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:16:48 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Package: firebird2.5
Version: 2.5.0.26074-0.ds4
Severity: normal
Tags: patch

Firebird FTBFS on GNU/Hurd because MAXPATHLEN is not defined on that
platform.

Attached is a patch which fixes that.  Please apply, it is a simple
fix and it blocks php5 build on GNU/Hurd.

O.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 6.0.1
  APT prefers stable-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=cs_CZ.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
[port-hurd.patch (text/x-c, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Mon, 16 May 2011 14:42:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Mon, 16 May 2011 14:42:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>
To: Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>, 626931@bugs.debian.org, Firebird Debian packages <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Cc: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: Re: [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 17:39:00 +0300
2011/5/16 Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>:
> Package: firebird2.5
> Version: 2.5.0.26074-0.ds4
> Severity: normal
> Tags: patch
>
> Firebird FTBFS on GNU/Hurd because MAXPATHLEN is not defined on that
> platform.
>
> Attached is a patch which fixes that.  Please apply, it is a simple
> fix and it blocks php5 build on GNU/Hurd.

I have commited to svn 2.5 release branch
please test if is ok

>
> O.
>
> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: 6.0.1
>  APT prefers stable-updates
>  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable')
> Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
>
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
> Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=cs_CZ.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
>
> _______________________________________________
> pkg-firebird-general mailing list
> pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-firebird-general
>




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Mon, 16 May 2011 15:30:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Mon, 16 May 2011 15:30:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>
To: marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>
Cc: 626931@bugs.debian.org, Firebird Debian packages <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 17:27:53 +0200
Hi Marius,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 16:39, marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/16 Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>:
>> Package: firebird2.5
>> Version: 2.5.0.26074-0.ds4
>> Severity: normal
>> Tags: patch
>>
>> Firebird FTBFS on GNU/Hurd because MAXPATHLEN is not defined on that
>> platform.
>>
>> Attached is a patch which fixes that.  Please apply, it is a simple
>> fix and it blocks php5 build on GNU/Hurd.
>
> I have commited to svn 2.5 release branch
> please test if is ok

Unfortunatelly I am not able to test it as I don't use hurd myself.
But generally speaking (from my experience of fixing cyrus-imapd-2.x)
it should work. I am Ccing debian-hurd list, maybe somebody there
could help us with testing. If not I would suggest you go ahead and
upload if you have other stuff to release...

O.
-- 
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>
http://blog.rfc1925.org/




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Mon, 16 May 2011 18:51:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #18 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>
To: Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>, 626931@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 21:12:27 +0300
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
-=| Ondřej Surý, Mon, May 16, 2011 at 05:27:53PM +0200 |=-
> Hi Marius,
> 
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 16:39, marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2011/5/16 Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>:
> >> Package: firebird2.5
> >> Version: 2.5.0.26074-0.ds4
> >> Severity: normal
> >> Tags: patch
> >>
> >> Firebird FTBFS on GNU/Hurd because MAXPATHLEN is not defined on that
> >> platform.
> >>
> >> Attached is a patch which fixes that.  Please apply, it is a simple
> >> fix and it blocks php5 build on GNU/Hurd.
> >
> > I have commited to svn 2.5 release branch
> > please test if is ok

That was quick! :)

> Unfortunatelly I am not able to test it as I don't use hurd myself.

I asked the admin of strauss.debian.net (hurd porterbox) to install 
the needed build dependencies for firebird2.5 and will try building it 
there.

> But generally speaking (from my experience of fixing 
> cyrus-imapd-2.x)
> it should work. I am Ccing debian-hurd list, maybe somebody there
> could help us with testing. If not I would suggest you go ahead and
> upload if you have other stuff to release...

I seem to remember a Hurd porter said that there would be problems 
with semaphores or something like that, but I can't find it. Anyway, 
we'll see how the build goes on the porterbox. In the worst case php 
would have to omit the firebird dependency/support for Hurd.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Tue, 17 May 2011 04:15:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #21 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>
To: Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>, 626931@bugs.debian.org, firebird-devel@ktnx.net
Subject: Re: [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 07:11:28 +0300
[Full CC for debiandevel]

-=| Damyan Ivanov, Mon, May 16, 2011 at 09:12:27PM +0300 |=-
> -=| Ondřej Surý, Mon, May 16, 2011 at 05:27:53PM +0200 |=-
> > Hi Marius,
> > 
> > On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 16:39, marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 2011/5/16 Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>:
> > >> Package: firebird2.5
> > >> Version: 2.5.0.26074-0.ds4
> > >> Severity: normal
> > >> Tags: patch
> > >>
> > >> Firebird FTBFS on GNU/Hurd because MAXPATHLEN is not defined on that
> > >> platform.
> > >>
> > >> Attached is a patch which fixes that.  Please apply, it is a simple
> > >> fix and it blocks php5 build on GNU/Hurd.
> > >
> > > I have commited to svn 2.5 release branch
> > > please test if is ok
> 
> That was quick! :)
> 
> > Unfortunatelly I am not able to test it as I don't use hurd myself.
> 
> I asked the admin of strauss.debian.net (hurd porterbox) to install 
> the needed build dependencies for firebird2.5 and will try building it 
> there.
> 
> > But generally speaking (from my experience of fixing 
> > cyrus-imapd-2.x)
> > it should work. I am Ccing debian-hurd list, maybe somebody there
> > could help us with testing. If not I would suggest you go ahead and
> > upload if you have other stuff to release...
> 
> I seem to remember a Hurd porter said that there would be problems 
> with semaphores or something like that, but I can't find it. Anyway, 
> we'll see how the build goes on the porterbox. In the worst case php 
> would have to omit the firebird dependency/support for Hurd.

The build fails with the following error:

g++ -ggdb -O3 -DNDEBUG -DLINUX -pipe -MMD -fPIC -DFB_SEND_FLAGS=MSG_NOSIGNAL -I.
./src/include/gen -I../src/include -I../src/vulcan -DNAMESPACE=Vulcan -pthread -
g -O2   -DBOOT_BUILD  -fno-rtti -c ../src/jrd/gds.cpp -o ../temp/boot/jrd/gds.o
In file included from ../src/jrd/../jrd/../jrd/ThreadData.h:35,
                 from ../src/jrd/../jrd/jrd.h:74,
                 from ../src/jrd/gds.cpp:148:
../src/jrd/../jrd/../jrd/../common/classes/rwlock.h: In member function 'void Fi
rebird::RWLock::init()':
../src/jrd/../jrd/../jrd/../common/classes/rwlock.h:199: error: 'PTHREAD_RWLOCK_
PREFER_WRITER_NONRECURSIVE_NP' was not declared in this scope
../src/jrd/../jrd/../jrd/../common/classes/rwlock.h:199: error: 'pthread_rwlocka
ttr_setkind_np' was not declared in this scope
make[5]: *** [../temp/boot/jrd/gds.o] Error 1

Sending a copy to firebird-devel for oppinion.




Removed tag(s) patch. Request was from Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 17 May 2011 04:15:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Tue, 17 May 2011 14:09:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Tue, 17 May 2011 14:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #28 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>
To: Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>, 626931@bugs.debian.org, Firebird Debian packages <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>, Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>, firebird-devel@ktnx.net
Subject: Re: [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 17:05:30 +0300
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
> [Full CC for debiandevel]
>
> -=| Damyan Ivanov, Mon, May 16, 2011 at 09:12:27PM +0300 |=-
>> -=| Ondřej Surý, Mon, May 16, 2011 at 05:27:53PM +0200 |=-
>> > Hi Marius,
>> >
>> > On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 16:39, marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > > 2011/5/16 Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>:
>> > >> Package: firebird2.5
>> > >> Version: 2.5.0.26074-0.ds4
>> > >> Severity: normal
>> > >> Tags: patch
>> > >>
>> > >> Firebird FTBFS on GNU/Hurd because MAXPATHLEN is not defined on that
>> > >> platform.
>> > >>
>> > >> Attached is a patch which fixes that.  Please apply, it is a simple
>> > >> fix and it blocks php5 build on GNU/Hurd.
>> > >
>> > > I have commited to svn 2.5 release branch
>> > > please test if is ok
>>
>> That was quick! :)
>>
>> > Unfortunatelly I am not able to test it as I don't use hurd myself.
>>
>> I asked the admin of strauss.debian.net (hurd porterbox) to install
>> the needed build dependencies for firebird2.5 and will try building it
>> there.
>>
>> > But generally speaking (from my experience of fixing
>> > cyrus-imapd-2.x)
>> > it should work. I am Ccing debian-hurd list, maybe somebody there
>> > could help us with testing. If not I would suggest you go ahead and
>> > upload if you have other stuff to release...
>>
>> I seem to remember a Hurd porter said that there would be problems
>> with semaphores or something like that, but I can't find it. Anyway,
>> we'll see how the build goes on the porterbox. In the worst case php
>> would have to omit the firebird dependency/support for Hurd.
>
> The build fails with the following error:
>
> g++ -ggdb -O3 -DNDEBUG -DLINUX -pipe -MMD -fPIC -DFB_SEND_FLAGS=MSG_NOSIGNAL -I.
> ./src/include/gen -I../src/include -I../src/vulcan -DNAMESPACE=Vulcan -pthread -
> g -O2   -DBOOT_BUILD  -fno-rtti -c ../src/jrd/gds.cpp -o ../temp/boot/jrd/gds.o
> In file included from ../src/jrd/../jrd/../jrd/ThreadData.h:35,
>                 from ../src/jrd/../jrd/jrd.h:74,
>                 from ../src/jrd/gds.cpp:148:
> ../src/jrd/../jrd/../jrd/../common/classes/rwlock.h: In member function 'void Fi
> rebird::RWLock::init()':
> ../src/jrd/../jrd/../jrd/../common/classes/rwlock.h:199: error: 'PTHREAD_RWLOCK_
> PREFER_WRITER_NONRECURSIVE_NP' was not declared in this scope
> ../src/jrd/../jrd/../jrd/../common/classes/rwlock.h:199: error: 'pthread_rwlocka
> ttr_setkind_np' was not declared in this scope
> make[5]: *** [../temp/boot/jrd/gds.o] Error 1
>
> Sending a copy to firebird-devel for oppinion.

We need a new define for hurd
afther we undefine LINUX that part compiles but i hit another issues
that i found it to be in haikuos too

g++ -I../src/include/gen -I../src/include -I../src/vulcan -DNAMESPACE=Vulcan -gg
                                                       db -p -Wall
-Wno-switch -DLINUX -pipe -MMD -fPIC -DFB_SEND_FLAGS=MSG_NOSIGNAL -D
                                                       DEV_BUILD
-pthread -DBOOT_BUILD -pthread -fno-rtti -c ../src/jrd/os/posix/isc_ip
                                                       c.cpp -o
../temp/boot/jrd/isc_ipc.o

../src/jrd/os/posix/isc_ipc.cpp: In function 'bool isc_signal2(int,
FPTR_VOID, v
                                                       oid*, ULONG)':

../src/jrd/os/posix/isc_ipc.cpp:187:31: error: 'SA_SIGINFO' was not
declared in
                                                       this scope

../src/jrd/os/posix/isc_ipc.cpp: In function 'void
ISC_signal_cancel(int, FPTR_V
                                                       OID_PTR,
void*)':


http://mapopa.blogspot.com/2010/06/firebird-database-porting-progress-on.html

ps here is one kvm-linux, qemu image that can be used
wget http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/hurd-i386/debian-hurd.img.tar.gz
tar -xz < debian-hurd.img.tar.gz
kvm -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user debian-hurd-*.img
in my case i didn't had x so
kvm -curses -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user debian-hurd-20110323.img

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

apt-buildep firebird2.5

then checkout from svn/debian  or git
http://mapopa.blogspot.com/2010/09/howto-checkout-firebird-25-release.html

tip add --enable-system-icu --enable-debug

by default is detected as i686-unknown-gnu0.3
i have exeperimented with some platform defaults but i still need some
work and research to do






>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> pkg-firebird-general mailing list
> pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-firebird-general




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Wed, 18 May 2011 06:30:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Alex Peshkoff <peshkoff@mail.ru>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Wed, 18 May 2011 06:30:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #33 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Alex Peshkoff <peshkoff@mail.ru>
To: marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>, 626931@bugs.debian.org, Firebird Debian packages <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>, For discussion among Firebird Developers <firebird-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>, Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>, firebird-devel@ktnx.net
Subject: Re: [Firebird-devel] [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: Bug#626931: Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:27:32 +0400
 Hi, Marius!
> We need a new define for hurd

Do you need help in creating prefix.hurd_i386 file?

> afther we undefine LINUX that part compiles but i hit another issues
> that i found it to be in haikuos too
>
> g++ -I../src/include/gen -I../src/include -I../src/vulcan -DNAMESPACE=Vulcan -gg
>                                                        db -p -Wall
> -Wno-switch -DLINUX -pipe -MMD -fPIC -DFB_SEND_FLAGS=MSG_NOSIGNAL -D

A bit strange that I once again see -DLINUX here.

>                                                        DEV_BUILD
> -pthread -DBOOT_BUILD -pthread -fno-rtti -c ../src/jrd/os/posix/isc_ip
>                                                        c.cpp -o
> ../temp/boot/jrd/isc_ipc.o
>
> ../src/jrd/os/posix/isc_ipc.cpp: In function 'bool isc_signal2(int,
> FPTR_VOID, v
>                                                        oid*, ULONG)':
>
> ../src/jrd/os/posix/isc_ipc.cpp:187:31: error: 'SA_SIGINFO' was not
> declared in
>                                                        this scope
>
> ../src/jrd/os/posix/isc_ipc.cpp: In function 'void
> ISC_signal_cancel(int, FPTR_V
>                                                        OID_PTR,
> void*)':
>
>
> http://mapopa.blogspot.com/2010/06/firebird-database-porting-progress-on.html
>
> ps here is one kvm-linux, qemu image that can be used

Sorry, now I do not have enough free time to experiment with hurd myself.
But will always be glad to help with advice.





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:24:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:24:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #38 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>
To: Alex Peshkoff <peshkoff@mail.ru>, 626931@bugs.debian.org
Cc: marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>, Firebird Debian packages <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>, For discussion among Firebird Developers <firebird-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>, Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>, firebird-devel@ktnx.net
Subject: Re: Bug#626931: [Firebird-devel] [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: Bug#626931: Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:20:24 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hello,

Alex Peshkoff, le Wed 18 May 2011 10:27:32 +0400, a écrit :
> > ../src/jrd/os/posix/isc_ipc.cpp:187:31: error: 'SA_SIGINFO' was not
> > declared in
> >                                                        this scope

Indeed, some systems do not have SA_SIGINFO. I'd suggest the attached
patch to cope with them.

Samuel
[patch (text/plain, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:57:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:57:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #43 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>
To: Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>, Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>, 626931@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#626931: [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 17:56:14 +0200
Damyan Ivanov, le Mon 16 May 2011 21:12:27 +0300, a écrit :
> I seem to remember a Hurd porter said that there would be problems 
> with semaphores or something like that,

Yes.

GNU/Hurd doesn't (yet) support semctl and memory-shared mutexes.

Samuel




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:00:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:00:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #48 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>
To: Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>, Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>, 626931@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#626931: [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 17:58:33 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Samuel Thibault, le Sat 20 Aug 2011 17:56:14 +0200, a écrit :
> Damyan Ivanov, le Mon 16 May 2011 21:12:27 +0300, a écrit :
> > I seem to remember a Hurd porter said that there would be problems 
> > with semaphores or something like that,
> 
> Yes.
> 
> GNU/Hurd doesn't (yet) support semctl and memory-shared mutexes.

That being said, could upstream apply the attached patch to at least fix
the build?  Once the intra-process semaphore/mutex support is added to
GNU/Hurd, firebird2.5 should work.

In the meanwhile, I'd say php5 should disable firebird2.5 support on
hurd-any.

Samuel
[patch (text/plain, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #53 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>
To: Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>, Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>, 626931@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#626931: [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 18:00:04 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Samuel Thibault, le Sat 20 Aug 2011 17:58:33 +0200, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault, le Sat 20 Aug 2011 17:56:14 +0200, a écrit :
> > Damyan Ivanov, le Mon 16 May 2011 21:12:27 +0300, a écrit :
> > > I seem to remember a Hurd porter said that there would be problems 
> > > with semaphores or something like that,
> > 
> > Yes.
> > 
> > GNU/Hurd doesn't (yet) support semctl and memory-shared mutexes.
> 
> That being said, could upstream apply the attached patch to at least fix
> the build?

Oops, the patch wasn't up to date, here is my late version.

Samuel
[patch (text/plain, attachment)]

Added tag(s) patch. Request was from Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:57:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:15:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:15:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #60 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>
To: Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>, 626931@bugs.debian.org, All discussion related to Firebird Debian packages <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Cc: Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>, Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>
Subject: Re: [pkg-firebird-general] Bug#626931: Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 14:10:40 +0300
On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> Samuel Thibault, le Sat 20 Aug 2011 17:58:33 +0200, a écrit :
>> Samuel Thibault, le Sat 20 Aug 2011 17:56:14 +0200, a écrit :
>> > Damyan Ivanov, le Mon 16 May 2011 21:12:27 +0300, a écrit :
>> > > I seem to remember a Hurd porter said that there would be problems
>> > > with semaphores or something like that,
>> >
>> > Yes.
>> >
>> > GNU/Hurd doesn't (yet) support semctl and memory-shared mutexes.
>>
>> That being said, could upstream apply the attached patch to at least fix
>> the build?
>
> Oops, the patch wasn't up to date, here is my late version.


I will review and send it upstream




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Fri, 09 Sep 2011 13:57:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #63 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>
To: marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>, 626931@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:56:16 +0300
-=| marius adrian popa, 21.08.2011 14:10:40 +0300 |=-
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> > Samuel Thibault, le Sat 20 Aug 2011 17:58:33 +0200, a écrit :
> >> Samuel Thibault, le Sat 20 Aug 2011 17:56:14 +0200, a écrit :
> >> > Damyan Ivanov, le Mon 16 May 2011 21:12:27 +0300, a écrit :
> >> > > I seem to remember a Hurd porter said that there would be problems
> >> > > with semaphores or something like that,
> >> >
> >> > Yes.
> >> >
> >> > GNU/Hurd doesn't (yet) support semctl and memory-shared mutexes.
> >>
> >> That being said, could upstream apply the attached patch to at least fix
> >> the build?
> >
> > Oops, the patch wasn't up to date, here is my late version.
> 
> I will review and send it upstream

Any news?

I wouldn't apply a patch adding a new firebird architecture to the 
Debian package unless the implementation ID is in upstream SVN. 
Otherwise conflicts may occur :/




Severity set to 'important' from 'normal' Request was from Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 01 Jun 2012 19:00:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Firebird Group <pkg-firebird-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#626931; Package firebird2.5. (Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:06:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #68 received at 626931@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>
To: marius adrian popa <mapopa@gmail.com>, 626931@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#626931: FTBFS on GNU/Hurd
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:03:03 +0300
Control: tags -1 -patch

-=| Damyan Ivanov, 09.09.2011 16:56:16 +0300 |=-
> -=| marius adrian popa, 21.08.2011 14:10:40 +0300 |=-
> > On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Samuel Thibault, le Sat 20 Aug 2011 17:58:33 +0200, a écrit :
> > >> Samuel Thibault, le Sat 20 Aug 2011 17:56:14 +0200, a écrit :
> > >>
> > >> That being said, could upstream apply the attached patch to at least fix
> > >> the build?
> > >
> > > Oops, the patch wasn't up to date, here is my late version.
> > 
> > I will review and send it upstream
> 
> Any news?
> 
> I wouldn't apply a patch adding a new firebird architecture to the 
> Debian package unless the implementation ID is in upstream SVN. 
> Otherwise conflicts may occur :/

Marius, ping?

I am removing the patch tag for the above mentioned reasons.



Removed tag(s) patch. Request was from Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> to 626931-submit@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:06:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Bug reassigned from package 'firebird2.5' to 'src:firebird2.5'. Request was from Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:54:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

No longer marked as found in versions 2.5.0.26074-0.ds4. Request was from Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:54:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Wed Apr 16 11:58:38 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.