Debian Bug report logs - #619642
ITP: libjs-extjs4 -- cross-browser JavaScript library, version 4

Package: wnpp; Maintainer for wnpp is wnpp@debian.org;

Reported by: Christian Welzel <gawain@camlann.de>

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:15:02 UTC

Owned by: Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu>

Severity: wishlist

Tags: pending

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>:
Bug#619642; Package libjs-extjs. (Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:15:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Christian Welzel <gawain@camlann.de>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>. (Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:15:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Christian Welzel <gawain@camlann.de>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Current version?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:11:51 +0100
Package: libjs-extjs

Are there any plans to package ExtJS in its current version (3.2.x)?
I would need that for the typo3-src package.


-- 
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/de/pgpkey.html
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15




Severity set to 'wishlist' from 'normal' Request was from Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 29 Jun 2011 18:42:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#619642; Package libjs-extjs. (Sun, 31 Jul 2011 03:18:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Sun, 31 Jul 2011 03:18:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #12 received at 619642@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
To: 619642@bugs.debian.org, Christian Welzel <gawain@camlann.de>, Soeren Eberhardt <soeren@virtuemart.net>
Subject: Re: Current version?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 05:14:41 +0200
Christian Welzel <gawain@camlann.de> said:
> Package: libjs-extjs
>
> Are there any plans to package ExtJS in its current version (3.2.x)?
> I would need that for the typo3-src package.

Hi,

I have no plans to package a new version of libjs-extjs, like version 4,
unless extplorer, which is the reason why I maintain libjs-extjs in
Debian, can be tested and working with it.

I may upgrade to 3.4.0 in SID if extplorer supports it, but at some
point, extplorer will have to support extjs 4 if the plan is to keep it
in Wheezy. If not, then, I will ask removal from Wheezy of both
extplorer and libjs-extjs, because extplorer would become not
maintainable if it cannot upgrade and libextjs3 isn't supported anymore,
and I wouldn't need any of them.

Also, the fact that there is still this bug open:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=600933

This bothers me. It has been reported on the21 Oct 2010, and I'm still
waiting for a fix from Soeren. He told me he has one, and it's been now
9 months. That's not encouraging, and I have in no way the ability to
fix it myself. As much as I like libjs-extjs and extplorer, I need
responsive upstreams!

That is unless, Christian, you are willing to help maintaining extjs
and/or extplorer, or if you point at another package in Debian that
needs libjs-extjs which would justify actions.

By the way, maybe Soeren Eberhardt, which is the upstream author of
Extplorer. I have put him as Cc:, can tell us if the latest 2.1 RC3 can
support the latest version of ExtJS, or if he has plans for supporting
it, and about #600933.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>:
Bug#619642; Package libjs-extjs. (Mon, 01 Aug 2011 06:21:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Sören Eberhardt-Biermann <soeren@virtuemart.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>. (Mon, 01 Aug 2011 06:21:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #17 received at 619642@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Sören Eberhardt-Biermann <soeren@virtuemart.net>
To: Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
Cc: 619642@bugs.debian.org, Christian Welzel <gawain@camlann.de>
Subject: Re: Current version?
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 08:05:38 +0200
Hi,

the current version of eXtplorer supports ExtJS 3.4. So there's a 
possibility to upgrade ExtJS to version 3.4, if the eXtplorer version 
can also be updated (2.1.0b6 is quite old now).
At the moment we (the eXtplorer Project) can't upgrade to ExtJS 4, 
because we are using some ExtJS-extensions by other people, which have 
not been upgraded to ExtJS 4 by now. Also ExtJS4 brings huge changes, 
comparable to the transition ExtJS1 => ExtJS2. This means a lot of work...

ciao, Sören


Am 31.07.2011 05:14, schrieb Thomas Goirand:
> Christian Welzel<gawain@camlann.de>  said:
>> Package: libjs-extjs
>>
>> Are there any plans to package ExtJS in its current version (3.2.x)?
>> I would need that for the typo3-src package.
> Hi,
>
> I have no plans to package a new version of libjs-extjs, like version 4,
> unless extplorer, which is the reason why I maintain libjs-extjs in
> Debian, can be tested and working with it.
>
> I may upgrade to 3.4.0 in SID if extplorer supports it, but at some
> point, extplorer will have to support extjs 4 if the plan is to keep it
> in Wheezy. If not, then, I will ask removal from Wheezy of both
> extplorer and libjs-extjs, because extplorer would become not
> maintainable if it cannot upgrade and libextjs3 isn't supported anymore,
> and I wouldn't need any of them.
>
> Also, the fact that there is still this bug open:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=600933
>
> This bothers me. It has been reported on the21 Oct 2010, and I'm still
> waiting for a fix from Soeren. He told me he has one, and it's been now
> 9 months. That's not encouraging, and I have in no way the ability to
> fix it myself. As much as I like libjs-extjs and extplorer, I need
> responsive upstreams!
>
> That is unless, Christian, you are willing to help maintaining extjs
> and/or extplorer, or if you point at another package in Debian that
> needs libjs-extjs which would justify actions.
>
> By the way, maybe Soeren Eberhardt, which is the upstream author of
> Extplorer. I have put him as Cc:, can tell us if the latest 2.1 RC3 can
> support the latest version of ExtJS, or if he has plans for supporting
> it, and about #600933.
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>:
Bug#619642; Package libjs-extjs. (Fri, 05 Aug 2011 17:27:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Christian Welzel <gawain@camlann.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>. (Fri, 05 Aug 2011 17:27:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #22 received at 619642@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Christian Welzel <gawain@camlann.de>
To: Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
Cc: 619642@bugs.debian.org, Soeren Eberhardt <soeren@virtuemart.net>
Subject: Re: Current version?
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 19:24:22 +0200
Am 31.07.2011 05:14, schrieb Thomas Goirand:

> I may upgrade to 3.4.0 in SID if extplorer supports it, but at some

3.4 would be enough for my needs with the typo3 package.
On the mailinglist there were discussions about using 4.0, but i do
not think its comming for 4.6.

> That is unless, Christian, you are willing to help maintaining extjs
> and/or extplorer,

I can help here and there, but i'm busy with other projects besides
debian, so i cannot do so much.


-- 
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/de/pgpkey.html
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15




Bug reassigned from package 'libjs-extjs' to 'wnpp'. Request was from Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:15:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Changed Bug title to 'ITP: libjs-extjs4 - cross-browser JavaScript library, version 4' from 'Current version?' Request was from Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:15:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Owner recorded as Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu>. Request was from Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:33:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added tag(s) pending. Request was from Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:06:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Changed Bug title to 'ITP: libjs-extjs4 -- cross-browser JavaScript library, version 4' from 'ITP: libjs-extjs4 - cross-browser JavaScript library, version 4' Request was from Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 09 Jan 2012 21:28:33 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu>:
Bug#619642; Package wnpp. (Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:30:14 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Faidon Liambotis <paravoid@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu>. (Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:30:14 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #37 received at 619642@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Faidon Liambotis <paravoid@debian.org>
To: Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu>
Cc: 619642@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: ITP: libjs-extjs4 - cross-browser JavaScript library, version 4
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 20:53:48 +0300
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:28:46PM +0100, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
> owner 619642 !

I'm packaging JSDuck which needs ExtJS 4, I'm wondering what the status
of this ITP is.

Thanks,
Faidon



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu>:
Bug#619642; Package wnpp. (Sat, 25 May 2013 18:15:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Michael Ziegler <diese-addy@funzt-halt.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu>. (Sat, 25 May 2013 18:15:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #42 received at 619642@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Michael Ziegler <diese-addy@funzt-halt.net>
To: 619642@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: ITP: libjs-extjs4 - cross-browser JavaScript library, version 4
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 20:06:16 +0200
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

I'd be interested in this package as well, as I'd like to port
Mumble-Django (among others) to ExtJS 4. I'm willing to prepare
packages (in fact, I have already done so), but as a DM, I need a DD
to sponsor an upload for me and I do still have a few technical questions.

So, anyone? :)

Cheers,
Michael

- -- 
Öffentlicher Schlüssel:         48F81543 - Michael Ziegler (Svedrin)
Wo kämen wir denn da hin, wenn jeder nur fragte "Wo kämen wir denn
da hin?", aber niemand ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir
gingen?                                                 (Kurt Marti)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Icedove - http://www.enigmail.net/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJRoP2YAAoJEEn0ejpI+BVD7eIIAIrJP0QDb7wZfd5MW8to6COx
yRIE/Xwgk3vGvLPaiKiPOvOdQxNKGGHQh02/38Qp9PAkg58wdlsfFPIGmAIxvnRO
JEMJeUDceMzhCnol8Q2ICw4ey88jeerVV3w+Ri5IVMtQUptEMWEHK74KbJPHRldR
wftQPhF6MkBmDDqmbEAkm34EY0KtjSJcM++1rnAEayxDPtEEMjMAvqJl2yvwHsjU
OC3I/zuOjIVOGJjfOfVYotjGe6UZhFq5p9a67plGIQ6HX4Gg2CaVRqAavmDm/ITV
ONEPA5vS0zQYlweSt7oyQFFXShYXktYdN67Ek4SJu3ljtb8rBhr0j6U0WyFPTVQ=
=j6QQ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu>:
Bug#619642; Package wnpp. (Sun, 26 May 2013 07:57:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Laszlo Boszormenyi (GCS)" <gcs@debian.hu>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@debian.hu>. (Sun, 26 May 2013 07:57:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #47 received at 619642@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Laszlo Boszormenyi (GCS)" <gcs@debian.hu>
To: Michael Ziegler <diese-addy@funzt-halt.net>, 619642@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#619642: ITP: libjs-extjs4 - cross-browser JavaScript library, version 4
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 09:53:54 +0200
Hi Michael,

On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 20:06 +0200, Michael Ziegler wrote:
> I'd be interested in this package as well, as I'd like to port
> Mumble-Django (among others) to ExtJS 4.
 Good goal. Keep me informed how it goes.

> I'm willing to prepare
> packages (in fact, I have already done so), but as a DM, I need a DD
> to sponsor an upload for me and I do still have a few technical questions.
 You mean that upstream is not really communicative and/or not release
everything that needed for the build process? I had these problems.

> So, anyone? :)
 Contact me in private and give me the instructions where can I get your
package.

Laszlo/GCS




Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Fri Apr 25 02:12:20 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.