Debian Bug report logs - #602593
pu: package sun-java6/6-22-0lenny1

version graph

Package: release.debian.org; Maintainer for release.debian.org is Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>;

Reported by: Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>

Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 10:21:01 UTC

Severity: normal

Tags: confirmed, lenny

Fixed in version 5.0.6

Done: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#602593; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: pu: package sun-java6/6-22-0lenny1
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 11:19:12 +0100
Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: pu

Hi,

a new version of sun-java6 for stable is available at
<http://people.debian.org/~twerner/>. It fixes multiple security issues. We
cannot patch the old upstream version because we have no source code for the
non free package.

Cheers,
Torsten




Added indication that bug 602593 blocks 601802 Request was from Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:45:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#602593; Package release.debian.org. (Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:21:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:21:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #12 received at 602593@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>, 602593@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#602593: pu: package sun-java6/6-22-0lenny1
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:16:32 +0000
On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 11:19 +0100, Torsten Werner wrote:
> a new version of sun-java6 for stable is available at
> <http://people.debian.org/~twerner/>. It fixes multiple security issues. We
> cannot patch the old upstream version because we have no source code for the
> non free package.

There only seems to be a source package there.  Have the binaries been
built and tested?

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#602593; Package release.debian.org. (Fri, 12 Nov 2010 05:57:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 12 Nov 2010 05:57:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #17 received at 602593@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>
To: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Cc: 602593@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#602593: pu: package sun-java6/6-22-0lenny1
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 06:55:48 +0100
Hi Adam,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Adam D. Barratt
<adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 11:19 +0100, Torsten Werner wrote:
>> a new version of sun-java6 for stable is available at
>> <http://people.debian.org/~twerner/>.
>
> There only seems to be a source package there.  Have the binaries been
> built and tested?

thanks for the reminder. The (tested) binary packages are now
available from the same place.

Cheers,
Torsten




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#602593; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:03:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:03:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #22 received at 602593@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org>
To: Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>, 602593@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#602593: pu: package sun-java6/6-22-0lenny1
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:54:55 +0100
On Friday 12 November 2010 06:55:48 Torsten Werner wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Adam D. Barratt
> 
> <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 11:19 +0100, Torsten Werner wrote:
> >> a new version of sun-java6 for stable is available at
> >> <http://people.debian.org/~twerner/>.
> > 
> > There only seems to be a source package there.  Have the binaries been
> > built and tested?
> 
> thanks for the reminder. The (tested) binary packages are now
> available from the same place.

I have also run some tests and the packages work well for me. Please accept 
for the next point release.


Cheers,
Thijs




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#602593; Package release.debian.org. (Sat, 13 Nov 2010 17:18:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. (Sat, 13 Nov 2010 17:18:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #27 received at 602593@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org>, 602593@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#602593: pu: package sun-java6/6-22-0lenny1
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 17:14:06 +0000
On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 14:54 +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Friday 12 November 2010 06:55:48 Torsten Werner wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Adam D. Barratt
> > 
> > <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> > > On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 11:19 +0100, Torsten Werner wrote:
> > >> a new version of sun-java6 for stable is available at
> > >> <http://people.debian.org/~twerner/>.
> > > 
> > > There only seems to be a source package there.  Have the binaries been
> > > built and tested?
> > 
> > thanks for the reminder. The (tested) binary packages are now
> > available from the same place.
> 
> I have also run some tests and the packages work well for me. Please accept 
> for the next point release.

Please go ahead.

Regards,

Adam





Added tag(s) confirmed and lenny. Request was from Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 13 Nov 2010 17:30:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added tag(s) pending. Request was from Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Reply sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
You have taken responsibility. (Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:24:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:24:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #36 received at 602593-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: 596354-done@bugs.debian.org, 600136-done@bugs.debian.org, 602593-done@bugs.debian.org, 603720-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Closing stable updates from 5.0.6
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:20:26 +0000
Version: 5.0.6

Each of these bugs relates to a stable update which was released as part
of the 5.0.6 point release; marking as resolved.

Regards,

Adam





Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 27 Dec 2010 07:37:34 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sat Apr 19 09:47:30 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.