Debian Bug report logs - #593733
kfreebsd-image-8.1-686: I can not mount /dev/ad0s5, /dev/ad0s6, ...

version graph

Package: kfreebsd-8; Maintainer for kfreebsd-8 is GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>;

Reported by: AngelD <angeld@froga.net>

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:39:02 UTC

Severity: normal

Tags: d-i, squeeze

Merged with 597088, 602129

Fixed in version 8.3-7+rm

Done: Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, unknown-package@qa.debian.org:
Bug#593733; Package kfreebsd-image-8.1-686. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:39:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to AngelD <angeld@froga.net>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to unknown-package@qa.debian.org. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:39:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: AngelD <angeld@froga.net>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: kfreebsd-image-8.1-686: I can not mount /dev/ad0s5, /dev/ad0s6, ...
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:35:24 +0200
Package: kfreebsd-image-8.1-686
Severity: normal
Tags: squeeze

	The system said: 

 # mount /usr
 mount: /dev/ad0sa5 : No such file o directory

	/dev:

 # ls -al /dev/ad0*
 crw-rw---- 1 root disk 0, 66 Aug 20 17:17 /dev/ad0
 crw-rw---- 1 root disk 0, 68 Aug 20 17:17 /dev/ad0s1
 crw-rw---- 1 root disk 0, 69 Aug 20 17:17 /dev/ad0s2

	Partition table:

 # fdisk -l /dev/ad0
 last_lba(): I don't know how to handle files with mode 20660
 You must set cylinders.
 You can do this from the extra functions menu.

 Disk /dev/ad0: 0 MB, 0 bytes
 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 0 cylinders
 Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
 Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
 I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
 Disk identifier: 0x0002c792

     Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
 /dev/ad0p1   *           1          43      340992   a5  FreeBSD
 Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary.
 /dev/ad0p2              43        1609    12577793    5  Extended
 Partition 2 has different physical/logical endings:
      phys=(1023, 254, 63) logical=(1608, 145, 9)
 /dev/ad0p5              43         773     5858304   a5  FreeBSD
 /dev/ad0p6             773        1137     2928640   a5  FreeBSD
 /dev/ad0p7            1137        1317     1445888   82  Linux swap /
Solaris /dev/ad0p8            1318        1366      389120   a5  FreeBSD
 /dev/ad0p9            1366        1609     1951744   a5  FreeBSD

	fstab:

 # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
 #
 # <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
 proc            /proc           linprocfs rw              0       0
 sys             /sys            linsysfs rw              0       0
 fdesc           /dev/fd         fdescfs rw              0       0
 /dev/ad0s1      /               ufs     rw              0       1
 /dev/ad0s9      /home           ufs     rw              0       2
 /dev/ad0s8      /tmp            ufs     rw              0       2
 /dev/ad0s5      /usr            ufs     rw              0       2
 /dev/ad0s6      /var            ufs     rw              0       2
 /dev/ad0s7      none            swap    sw              0       0


	dmesg do not show estrange messages.

	Which the kfreebsd-image-7.3-1, all the partitions mounts.




Bug reassigned from package 'kfreebsd-image-8.1-686' to 'kfreebsd-8'. Request was from Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:03:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#593733; Package kfreebsd-8. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:15:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:15:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #12 received at 593733@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
To: AngelD <angeld@froga.net>, 593733@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#593733: kfreebsd-image-8.1-686: I can not mount /dev/ad0s5, /dev/ad0s6, ...
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:10:22 +0200
AngelD a écrit :
> Package: kfreebsd-image-8.1-686
> Severity: normal
> Tags: squeeze
> 
> 	The system said: 
> 
>  # mount /usr
>  mount: /dev/ad0sa5 : No such file o directory
> 
> 	/dev:
> 
>  # ls -al /dev/ad0*
>  crw-rw---- 1 root disk 0, 66 Aug 20 17:17 /dev/ad0
>  crw-rw---- 1 root disk 0, 68 Aug 20 17:17 /dev/ad0s1
>  crw-rw---- 1 root disk 0, 69 Aug 20 17:17 /dev/ad0s2
> 
> 	Partition table:
> 
>  # fdisk -l /dev/ad0
>  last_lba(): I don't know how to handle files with mode 20660
>  You must set cylinders.
>  You can do this from the extra functions menu.
> 
>  Disk /dev/ad0: 0 MB, 0 bytes
>  255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 0 cylinders
>  Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
>  Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
>  I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
>  Disk identifier: 0x0002c792
> 
>      Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
>  /dev/ad0p1   *           1          43      340992   a5  FreeBSD
>  Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary.
>  /dev/ad0p2              43        1609    12577793    5  Extended
>  Partition 2 has different physical/logical endings:
>       phys=(1023, 254, 63) logical=(1608, 145, 9)
>  /dev/ad0p5              43         773     5858304   a5  FreeBSD
>  /dev/ad0p6             773        1137     2928640   a5  FreeBSD
>  /dev/ad0p7            1137        1317     1445888   82  Linux swap /
> Solaris /dev/ad0p8            1318        1366      389120   a5  FreeBSD
>  /dev/ad0p9            1366        1609     1951744   a5  FreeBSD
> 
> 	fstab:
> 
>  # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
>  #
>  # <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
>  proc            /proc           linprocfs rw              0       0
>  sys             /sys            linsysfs rw              0       0
>  fdesc           /dev/fd         fdescfs rw              0       0
>  /dev/ad0s1      /               ufs     rw              0       1
>  /dev/ad0s9      /home           ufs     rw              0       2
>  /dev/ad0s8      /tmp            ufs     rw              0       2
>  /dev/ad0s5      /usr            ufs     rw              0       2
>  /dev/ad0s6      /var            ufs     rw              0       2
>  /dev/ad0s7      none            swap    sw              0       0
> 
> 
> 	dmesg do not show estrange messages.
> 

Could you please post the boot log (output from dmesg)?

-- 
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
aurelien@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#593733; Package kfreebsd-8. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:51:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to AngelD <angeld@froga.net> (by way of AngelD <angeld@froga.net>):
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:51:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #17 received at 593733@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: AngelD <angeld@froga.net> (by way of AngelD <angeld@froga.net>)
To: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
Subject: Re: Bug#593733: kfreebsd-image-8.1-686: I can not mount /dev/ad0s5, /dev/ad0s6, ...
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:43:58 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
El Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:10:22 +0200
Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> escribió:

> Could you please post the boot log (output from dmesg)?

	The problem is only which "extended partitions", the primary
partitions works OK.
[dmesg_8.1-1-686.txt (text/plain, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#593733; Package kfreebsd-8. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:51:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to AngelD <angeld@froga.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:51:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #22 received at 593733@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: AngelD <angeld@froga.net>
To: 593733@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#593733: kfreebsd-image-8.1-686: I can not mount /dev/ad0s5, /dev/ad0s6, ...
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:49:56 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
El Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:10:22 +0200
Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> escribió:

> Could you please post the boot log (output from dmesg)?

	The problem is only which "extended partitions", the primary
partitions works OK.
[dmesg_8.1-1-686.txt (text/plain, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#593733; Package kfreebsd-8. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #27 received at 593733@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
To: AngelD <angeld@froga.net>
Cc: 593733@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#593733: kfreebsd-image-8.1-686: I can not mount /dev/ad0s5, /dev/ad0s6, ...
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:42:25 +0200
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 07:42:48PM +0200, AngelD wrote:
> El Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:27:04 +0200
> Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> escribió:
> 
> > > GEOM: ad0: partition 3 does not start on a track boundary.
> > > GEOM: ad0: partition 3 does not end on a track boundary.
> > > GEOM: ad0: partition 2 does not start on a track boundary.
> > > GEOM: ad0: partition 2 does not end on a track boundary.
> > > GEOM: ad0: partition 1 does not start on a track boundary.
> > > GEOM: ad0: partition 1 does not end on a track boundary.
> > 
> > This part looks suspicious, It looks like the second partition is not
> > detected as an extended one. How did you partitioned this hard-drive?
> 
> 	In the first mail you have the "fdisk -l" from this hard-drive.
> 

Yeah, I have seen that, and fdisk seems to output the same warning. My
question was how did your created the partition on your hard drive?
debian-installer? freebsd-based installer? Do you know approximately
when?

-- 
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
aurelien@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#593733; Package kfreebsd-8. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:21:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to AngelD <angeld@froga.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:21:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #32 received at 593733@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: AngelD <angeld@froga.net>
To: 593733@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#593733: kfreebsd-image-8.1-686: I can not mount /dev/ad0s5, /dev/ad0s6, ...
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:19:49 +0200
El Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:42:25 +0200
Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> escribió:

> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 07:42:48PM +0200, AngelD wrote:
> > El Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:27:04 +0200
> > Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> escribió:
> > 
> > > > GEOM: ad0: partition 3 does not start on a track boundary.
> > > > GEOM: ad0: partition 3 does not end on a track boundary.
> > > > GEOM: ad0: partition 2 does not start on a track boundary.
> > > > GEOM: ad0: partition 2 does not end on a track boundary.
> > > > GEOM: ad0: partition 1 does not start on a track boundary.
> > > > GEOM: ad0: partition 1 does not end on a track boundary.
> > > 
> > > This part looks suspicious, It looks like the second partition is
> > > not detected as an extended one. How did you partitioned this
> > > hard-drive?
> > 
> > 	In the first mail you have the "fdisk -l" from this
> > hard-drive.
> > 
> 
> Yeah, I have seen that, and fdisk seems to output the same warning. My
> question was how did your created the partition on your hard drive?
> debian-installer? freebsd-based installer? Do you know approximately
> when?

	A recent version of debian-instaler in a clear hard-disk.




Forcibly Merged 593733 597088 602129. Request was from Miguel Figueiredo <elmig@debianpt.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 03 Feb 2011 23:39:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Reply sent to Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Mon, 02 Sep 2013 21:18:18 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to AngelD <angeld@froga.net>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Mon, 02 Sep 2013 21:18:18 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #39 received at 593733-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>
To: 550429-done@bugs.debian.org,570805-done@bugs.debian.org,593733-done@bugs.debian.org,601273-done@bugs.debian.org,602120-done@bugs.debian.org,610252-done@bugs.debian.org,614419-done@bugs.debian.org,631613-done@bugs.debian.org,641167-done@bugs.debian.org,644353-done@bugs.debian.org,644718-done@bugs.debian.org,658617-done@bugs.debian.org,669604-done@bugs.debian.org,687788-done@bugs.debian.org,690986-done@bugs.debian.org,706418-done@bugs.debian.org,720470-done@bugs.debian.org,720476-done@bugs.debian.org,
Cc: kfreebsd-8@packages.debian.org, kfreebsd-8@packages.qa.debian.org
Subject: Bug#721540: Removed package(s) from unstable
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 21:16:43 +0000
Version: 8.3-7+rm

Dear submitter,

as the package kfreebsd-8 has just been removed from the Debian archive
unstable we hereby close the associated bug reports.  We are sorry
that we couldn't deal with your issue properly.

For details on the removal, please see http://bugs.debian.org/721540

The version of this package that was in Debian prior to this removal
can still be found using http://snapshot.debian.org/.

This message was generated automatically; if you believe that there is
a problem with it please contact the archive administrators by mailing
ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Luca Falavigna (the ftpmaster behind the curtain)



Reply sent to Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Mon, 02 Sep 2013 21:18:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to "Nelson A. de Oliveira" <naoliv@debian.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Mon, 02 Sep 2013 21:18:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Reply sent to Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Mon, 02 Sep 2013 21:18:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to "R.M. Thomas" <rmthomas@sciolus.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Mon, 02 Sep 2013 21:18:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 01 Oct 2013 07:34:40 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Thu Apr 17 12:57:51 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.