Debian Bug report logs - #591163
ggz-kde-client: FTBFS: Nonexistent build-dependency: libavahi-compat-howl-dev

version graph

Package: src:ggz-kde-client; Maintainer for src:ggz-kde-client is (unknown);

Reported by: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>

Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 01:18:37 UTC

Severity: serious

Tags: sid, squeeze, wheezy

Found in version ggz-kde-client/0.0.14.1-1

Fixed in version 0.0.14.1-1+rm

Done: Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian GGZ Maintainers <pkg-ggz-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#591163; Package src:ggz-kde-client. (Sun, 01 Aug 2010 01:18:40 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Debian GGZ Maintainers <pkg-ggz-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sun, 01 Aug 2010 01:18:40 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: ggz-kde-client: FTBFS: Nonexistent build-dependency: libavahi-compat-howl-dev
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 20:50:16 -0400
Source: ggz-kde-client
Version: 0.0.14.1-1
Severity: serious
Tags: squeeze sid
User: debian-qa@lists.debian.org
Usertags: qa-ftbfs-20100731 qa-ftbfs
Justification: FTBFS on amd64

Hi,

During a rebuild of all packages in sid, your package failed to build on
amd64.

Relevant part:
> ** Using build dependencies supplied by package:
> Build-Depends: cdbs, debhelper (>= 5), gettext, ggzcore-bin (>= 0.0.14), kdelibs4-dev, libavahi-compat-howl-dev, libggzmod-dev (>= 0.0.14)
> 
> ┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
> │ Install build dependencies (internal resolver)                               │
> └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
> 
> Checking for already installed source dependencies...
> W: Unable to locate package libavahi-compat-howl-dev
> cdbs: missing
> debhelper: missing
> Using default version 7.9.3
> gettext: missing
> ggzcore-bin: missing
> Using default version 0.0.14.1-1
> kdelibs4-dev: missing
> libavahi-compat-howl-dev: missing
> libggzmod-dev: missing
> Using default version 0.0.14.1-1
> Checking for source dependency conflicts...
> E: Couldn't find package libavahi-compat-howl-dev

The full build log is available from:
   http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2010/07/31/ggz-kde-client_0.0.14.1-1_lsid64.buildlog

A list of current common problems and possible solutions is available at 
http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/FTBFS . You're welcome to contribute!

About the archive rebuild: The rebuild was done on about 50 AMD64 nodes
of the Grid'5000 platform, using a clean chroot.  Internet was not
accessible from the build systems.

-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian GGZ Maintainers <pkg-ggz-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#591163; Package src:ggz-kde-client. (Sun, 01 Aug 2010 17:36:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Josef Spillner <josef@ggzgamingzone.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian GGZ Maintainers <pkg-ggz-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sun, 01 Aug 2010 17:36:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 591163@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Josef Spillner <josef@ggzgamingzone.org>
To: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>, 591163@bugs.debian.org
Cc: biebl@debian.org
Subject: Re: [pkg-ggz-maintainers] Bug#591163: ggz-kde-client: FTBFS: Nonexistent build-dependency: libavahi-compat-howl-dev
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 19:32:31 +0200
Apparently, avahi  (0.6.27-1) has introduced this issue by an incomplete check 
of reverse dependencies in Debian:
     Development of the original Howl implementation has been discontinued and
     there are no more reverse dependencies in the Debian archive since lenny.

Nevertheless, I understand the reason to drop Howl and will update the 
packaging metadata accordingly in the pkg-ggz SVN.

Am Sonntag, 1. August 2010, 02:50:16 schrieb Lucas Nussbaum:
> Source: ggz-kde-client
> Version: 0.0.14.1-1
> Severity: serious
> Tags: squeeze sid
> User: debian-qa@lists.debian.org
> Usertags: qa-ftbfs-20100731 qa-ftbfs
> Justification: FTBFS on amd64
> 
> Hi,
> 
> During a rebuild of all packages in sid, your package failed to build on
> amd64.
> 
> Relevant part:
> > ** Using build dependencies supplied by package:
> > Build-Depends: cdbs, debhelper (>= 5), gettext, ggzcore-bin (>= 0.0.14),
> > kdelibs4-dev, libavahi-compat-howl-dev, libggzmod-dev (>= 0.0.14)
> > 
> > ┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
> > ──────┐ │ Install build dependencies (internal resolver)                 
> >              │
> > └───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
> > ───────┘
> > 
> > Checking for already installed source dependencies...
> > W: Unable to locate package libavahi-compat-howl-dev
> > cdbs: missing
> > debhelper: missing
> > Using default version 7.9.3
> > gettext: missing
> > ggzcore-bin: missing
> > Using default version 0.0.14.1-1
> > kdelibs4-dev: missing
> > libavahi-compat-howl-dev: missing
> > libggzmod-dev: missing
> > Using default version 0.0.14.1-1
> > Checking for source dependency conflicts...
> > E: Couldn't find package libavahi-compat-howl-dev
> 
> The full build log is available from:
>   
> http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2010/07/31/ggz-kde-client_0.0.14.1-1_
> lsid64.buildlog
> 
> A list of current common problems and possible solutions is available at
> http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/FTBFS . You're welcome to contribute!
> 
> About the archive rebuild: The rebuild was done on about 50 AMD64 nodes
> of the Grid'5000 platform, using a clean chroot.  Internet was not
> accessible from the build systems.


Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian GGZ Maintainers <pkg-ggz-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#591163; Package src:ggz-kde-client. (Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:21:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian GGZ Maintainers <pkg-ggz-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:21:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 591163@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>
To: Josef Spillner <josef@ggzgamingzone.org>
Cc: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>, 591163@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [pkg-ggz-maintainers] Bug#591163: ggz-kde-client: FTBFS: Nonexistent build-dependency: libavahi-compat-howl-dev
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 00:16:52 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On 01.08.2010 19:32, Josef Spillner wrote:
> Apparently, avahi  (0.6.27-1) has introduced this issue by an incomplete check 
> of reverse dependencies in Debian:
>      Development of the original Howl implementation has been discontinued and
>      there are no more reverse dependencies in the Debian archive since lenny.
> 
> Nevertheless, I understand the reason to drop Howl and will update the 
> packaging metadata accordingly in the pkg-ggz SVN.

Sorry, it seems I missed that indeed.
Probably because I checked for binary dependencies only, so the build dep
slipped through. I double-checked now, and thankfully ggz-kde-client is the only
package affected by this.

As Josef agreed to update the package, I will keep the Howl compat package removed.

Cheers and sorry again for the inconvenience,

Michael

-- 
Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the
universe are pointed away from Earth?

[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian GGZ Maintainers <pkg-ggz-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#591163; Package src:ggz-kde-client. (Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian GGZ Maintainers <pkg-ggz-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 591163@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>
To: Josef Spillner <josef@ggzgamingzone.org>
Cc: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>, 591163@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [pkg-ggz-maintainers] Bug#591163: ggz-kde-client: FTBFS: Nonexistent build-dependency: libavahi-compat-howl-dev
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 00:35:57 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On 02.08.2010 00:16, Michael Biebl wrote:
> On 01.08.2010 19:32, Josef Spillner wrote:
>> Apparently, avahi  (0.6.27-1) has introduced this issue by an incomplete check 
>> of reverse dependencies in Debian:
>>      Development of the original Howl implementation has been discontinued and
>>      there are no more reverse dependencies in the Debian archive since lenny.
>>
>> Nevertheless, I understand the reason to drop Howl and will update the 
>> packaging metadata accordingly in the pkg-ggz SVN.
> 
> Sorry, it seems I missed that indeed.
> Probably because I checked for binary dependencies only, so the build dep
> slipped through. I double-checked now, and thankfully ggz-kde-client is the only
> package affected by this.
> 
> As Josef agreed to update the package, I will keep the Howl compat package removed.

As it seems, ggz-kde-client did build-depend on libavahi-compat-howl-dev, but
due to the configure check being broken, Zeroconf was not enabled (this is from
the buildd log):

> checking for sw_discovery_init in -lhowl... yes
> checking howl/howl_config.h usability... no
> checking howl/howl_config.h presence... no
> checking for howl/howl_config.h... no
> configure: WARNING: Zeroconf diabled, libhowl (headers) not found.

So, if nobody complained about missing Zeroconf support until now, the simplest
fix is to just drop the libavahi-compat-howl-dev build-dep.

Cheers,
Michael



-- 
Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the
universe are pointed away from Earth?

[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Added tag(s) wheezy. Request was from Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:04:23 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Reply sent to Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:06:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:06:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #27 received at 591163-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>
To: 554546-done@bugs.debian.org,591163-done@bugs.debian.org,604270-done@bugs.debian.org,
Cc: ggz-kde-client@packages.debian.org, ggz-kde-client@packages.qa.debian.org
Subject: Bug#615585: Removed package(s) from unstable
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:03:59 +0000
Version: 0.0.14.1-1+rm

Dear submitter,

as the package ggz-kde-client has just been removed from the Debian archive
unstable we hereby close the associated bug reports.  We are sorry
that we couldn't deal with your issue properly.

For details on the removal, please see http://bugs.debian.org/615585

The version of this package that was in Debian prior to this removal
can still be found using http://snapshot.debian.org/.

This message was generated automatically; if you believe that there is
a problem with it please contact the archive administrators by mailing
ftpmaster@debian.org.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Luca Falavigna (the ftpmaster behind the curtain)




Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 29 Mar 2011 07:39:55 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Mon Apr 21 09:54:03 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.