Debian Bug report logs - #588550
sbuild: Fails to build binNMUs for packages with urgency comments in changelogs

version graph

Package: sbuild; Maintainer for sbuild is Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>; Source for sbuild is src:sbuild.

Reported by: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 15:21:08 UTC

Severity: serious

Tags: patch

Found in version sbuild/0.60.0-1

Fixed in version sbuild/0.60.0-2

Done: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#588550; Package sbuild. (Fri, 09 Jul 2010 15:21:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Fri, 09 Jul 2010 15:21:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: sbuild: Fails to build binNMUs for packages with urgency comments in changelogs
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:20:42 +0100
Package: sbuild
Version: 0.60.0-1
Severity: serious

(Filed as serious as it prevents binNMUing packages which are policy
compliant; I did argue with myself a little over the severity)

Hi,

The recently scheduled binNMUs of the "mandos" package failed due to a
problem with the auto-generated binNMU changelog; from one of the logs:

parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l1): unrecognised line
LINE:  (1.0.14-1+b1) unstable; urgency=low
parsechangelog/debian: error: Can't call method "as_string" on an
undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Dpkg/Changelog.pm line 250, <STDIN>
line 8.

This appears to be due to line 830 of lib/Sbuild/Build.pm which does:

$firstline =~ /^(\S+)\s+\((\S+)\)\s+([^;]+)\s*;\s*urgency=(\S+)\s*$/;

The most recent header line from the mandos changelog is:

mandos (1.0.14-1) unstable; urgency=low (HIGH on mips and mipsel)

Although unusual, this form is permitted by section 5.6.17 of Policy.

Regards,

Adam





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#588550; Package sbuild. (Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:45:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:45:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 588550@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
To: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Cc: 588550@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: sbuild: Fails to build binNMUs for packages with urgency comments in changelogs
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:41:52 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
tags 588550 +patch
thanks

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 04:20:42PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> The recently scheduled binNMUs of the "mandos" package failed due to a
> problem with the auto-generated binNMU changelog; from one of the logs:
> 
> parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l1): unrecognised line
> LINE:  (1.0.14-1+b1) unstable; urgency=low
> parsechangelog/debian: error: Can't call method "as_string" on an
> undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Dpkg/Changelog.pm line 250, <STDIN>
> line 8.
> 
> This appears to be due to line 830 of lib/Sbuild/Build.pm which does:
> 
> $firstline =~ /^(\S+)\s+\((\S+)\)\s+([^;]+)\s*;\s*urgency=(\S+)\s*$/;
> 
> The most recent header line from the mandos changelog is:
> 
> mandos (1.0.14-1) unstable; urgency=low (HIGH on mips and mipsel)
> 
> Although unusual, this form is permitted by section 5.6.17 of Policy.

I propose the attached patch, which ignores the rest of the line after
the urgency field; I can successfully binNMU mandos_1.0.14-1 with it.  I
will probably upload the fix by the rest of weekend, if I don't hear
complaints.


Michael
[sbuild.interdiff (text/plain, attachment)]

Added tag(s) patch. Request was from Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:45:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#588550; Package sbuild. (Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:06:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:06:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #17 received at 588550@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net>
To: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>, 588550@bugs.debian.org
Cc: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [buildd-tools-devel] Bug#588550: sbuild: Fails to build binNMUs for packages with urgency comments in changelogs
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:04:18 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 08:41:52PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> tags 588550 +patch
> thanks
> 
> On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 04:20:42PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > The recently scheduled binNMUs of the "mandos" package failed due to a
> > problem with the auto-generated binNMU changelog; from one of the logs:
> > 
> > parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l1): unrecognised line
> > LINE:  (1.0.14-1+b1) unstable; urgency=low
> > parsechangelog/debian: error: Can't call method "as_string" on an
> > undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Dpkg/Changelog.pm line 250, <STDIN>
> > line 8.
> > 
> > This appears to be due to line 830 of lib/Sbuild/Build.pm which does:
> > 
> > $firstline =~ /^(\S+)\s+\((\S+)\)\s+([^;]+)\s*;\s*urgency=(\S+)\s*$/;
> > 
> > The most recent header line from the mandos changelog is:
> > 
> > mandos (1.0.14-1) unstable; urgency=low (HIGH on mips and mipsel)
> > 
> > Although unusual, this form is permitted by section 5.6.17 of Policy.
> 
> I propose the attached patch, which ignores the rest of the line after
> the urgency field; I can successfully binNMU mandos_1.0.14-1 with it.  I
> will probably upload the fix by the rest of weekend, if I don't hear
> complaints.

That sounds fine to me.  Please do a binNMU rather than using git
master, which currently has some issues.  Feel free to commit this
fix onto git master and buildd branches, though!


Thanks,
Roger

-- 
  .''`.  Roger Leigh
 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux             http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/
 `. `'   Printing on GNU/Linux?       http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/
   `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please GPG sign your mail.
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#588550; Package sbuild. (Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:15:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:15:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #22 received at 588550@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>
To: Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net>, 588550@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>, "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Bug#588550: [buildd-tools-devel] Bug#588550: sbuild: Fails to build binNMUs for packages with urgency comments in changelogs
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:14:36 +0200
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 01:04:18PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 08:41:52PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > tags 588550 +patch
> > thanks
> > 
> > On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 04:20:42PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > > The recently scheduled binNMUs of the "mandos" package failed due to a
> > > problem with the auto-generated binNMU changelog; from one of the logs:
> > > 
> > > parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l1): unrecognised line
> > > LINE:  (1.0.14-1+b1) unstable; urgency=low
> > > parsechangelog/debian: error: Can't call method "as_string" on an
> > > undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Dpkg/Changelog.pm line 250, <STDIN>
> > > line 8.
> > > 
> > > This appears to be due to line 830 of lib/Sbuild/Build.pm which does:
> > > 
> > > $firstline =~ /^(\S+)\s+\((\S+)\)\s+([^;]+)\s*;\s*urgency=(\S+)\s*$/;
> > > 
> > > The most recent header line from the mandos changelog is:
> > > 
> > > mandos (1.0.14-1) unstable; urgency=low (HIGH on mips and mipsel)
> > > 
> > > Although unusual, this form is permitted by section 5.6.17 of Policy.
> > 
> > I propose the attached patch, which ignores the rest of the line after
> > the urgency field; I can successfully binNMU mandos_1.0.14-1 with it.  I
> > will probably upload the fix by the rest of weekend, if I don't hear
> > complaints.
> 
> That sounds fine to me.  Please do a binNMU rather than using git
> master, which currently has some issues.  Feel free to commit this
> fix onto git master and buildd branches, though!

I assume you mean NMU.  A binNMU wouldn't change the source.


Kurt





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#588550; Package sbuild. (Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:57:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:57:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #27 received at 588550@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
To: Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>
Cc: Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net>, 588550@bugs.debian.org, "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Bug#588550: [buildd-tools-devel] Bug#588550: sbuild: Fails to build binNMUs for packages with urgency comments in changelogs
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:53:05 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 02:14:36PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 01:04:18PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 08:41:52PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > > tags 588550 +patch
> > > thanks
> > > 
> > > On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 04:20:42PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > > > The recently scheduled binNMUs of the "mandos" package failed due to a
> > > > problem with the auto-generated binNMU changelog; from one of the logs:
> > > > 
> > > > parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l1): unrecognised line
> > > > LINE:  (1.0.14-1+b1) unstable; urgency=low
> > > > parsechangelog/debian: error: Can't call method "as_string" on an
> > > > undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Dpkg/Changelog.pm line 250, <STDIN>
> > > > line 8.
> > > > 
> > > > This appears to be due to line 830 of lib/Sbuild/Build.pm which does:
> > > > 
> > > > $firstline =~ /^(\S+)\s+\((\S+)\)\s+([^;]+)\s*;\s*urgency=(\S+)\s*$/;
> > > > 
> > > > The most recent header line from the mandos changelog is:
> > > > 
> > > > mandos (1.0.14-1) unstable; urgency=low (HIGH on mips and mipsel)
> > > > 
> > > > Although unusual, this form is permitted by section 5.6.17 of Policy.
> > > 
> > > I propose the attached patch, which ignores the rest of the line after
> > > the urgency field; I can successfully binNMU mandos_1.0.14-1 with it.  I
> > > will probably upload the fix by the rest of weekend, if I don't hear
> > > complaints.
> > 
> > That sounds fine to me.  Please do a binNMU rather than using git
> > master, which currently has some issues.  Feel free to commit this
> > fix onto git master and buildd branches, though!
> 
> I assume you mean NMU.  A binNMU wouldn't change the source.

I've uploaded it now, the interdiff is attached.


Michael
[sbuild.interdiff (text/plain, attachment)]

Reply sent to Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:06:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:06:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #32 received at 588550-close@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
To: 588550-close@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Bug#588550: fixed in sbuild 0.60.0-2
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:02:46 +0000
Source: sbuild
Source-Version: 0.60.0-2

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
sbuild, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:

buildd_0.60.0-2_all.deb
  to main/s/sbuild/buildd_0.60.0-2_all.deb
libsbuild-perl_0.60.0-2_all.deb
  to main/s/sbuild/libsbuild-perl_0.60.0-2_all.deb
sbuild_0.60.0-2.diff.gz
  to main/s/sbuild/sbuild_0.60.0-2.diff.gz
sbuild_0.60.0-2.dsc
  to main/s/sbuild/sbuild_0.60.0-2.dsc
sbuild_0.60.0-2_all.deb
  to main/s/sbuild/sbuild_0.60.0-2_all.deb
wanna-build_0.60.0-2_all.deb
  to main/s/sbuild/wanna-build_0.60.0-2_all.deb



A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to 588550@bugs.debian.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> (supplier of updated sbuild package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing ftpmaster@debian.org)


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: RIPEMD160

Format: 1.8
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:48:43 +0200
Source: sbuild
Binary: libsbuild-perl sbuild wanna-build buildd
Architecture: source all
Version: 0.60.0-2
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: low
Maintainer: Debian buildd-tools Developers <buildd-tools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Changed-By: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
Description: 
 buildd     - Daemon for automatically building Debian binary packages from Deb
 libsbuild-perl - Tool for building Debian binary packages from Debian sources
 sbuild     - Tool for building Debian binary packages from Debian sources
 wanna-build - Database to track building of Debian binary packages from Debian
Closes: 588550
Changes: 
 sbuild (0.60.0-2) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * sbuild:
     - disregard text after urgency field in the changelog, as further comments
       are allowed by policy (Closes: #588550).
Checksums-Sha1: 
 cc082cf6533193efd7b9505e274fa95e24acb16b 1260 sbuild_0.60.0-2.dsc
 95a3505493fc97c786ecdfcf7816c4a95fdf8774 498 sbuild_0.60.0-2.diff.gz
 a2b4d7492be29875ec12f599bdbd910d87dbd96b 207580 libsbuild-perl_0.60.0-2_all.deb
 209dd832760d50fd263eb24c89c50e6f63837ddf 205384 sbuild_0.60.0-2_all.deb
 c950325cde7fedee6041ba089a3e5ec49d4dc91e 208156 wanna-build_0.60.0-2_all.deb
 86120e40ca259b7e6522981d2ac5b3e185feb13e 197754 buildd_0.60.0-2_all.deb
Checksums-Sha256: 
 ea901a976c8d5830b27bf0758f7bf1298f1c51734fe712bea73fa97bb09f78b5 1260 sbuild_0.60.0-2.dsc
 c2b45c7468765d9ffd662d1f7f30fd7f7d4fd93bff40ae996e0610b07500d548 498 sbuild_0.60.0-2.diff.gz
 eee0c5878fbd5a6b0fc7db263f083938e8f3948f11e6c9cc50ffd49e2ebe436b 207580 libsbuild-perl_0.60.0-2_all.deb
 25a7f509c19a97e6680dbb8ca095c5cf5ec88c3e29b93a2baf6f574ce34c9cf3 205384 sbuild_0.60.0-2_all.deb
 9676b70553b1fbf72e1c0ff91b6e2c082d00a21f4994c77487e7ef085ca511a4 208156 wanna-build_0.60.0-2_all.deb
 1ababf844804b8077bfcce6ed708993ba8f6f19dabbcc621a65938445b431413 197754 buildd_0.60.0-2_all.deb
Files: 
 ca762c5ccf1c03f4387180c8364f77dd 1260 devel extra sbuild_0.60.0-2.dsc
 413efcbbecbbacf32f019fcbf1330bf3 498 devel extra sbuild_0.60.0-2.diff.gz
 3a51c500918a16ae0c0622508298d0d3 207580 perl extra libsbuild-perl_0.60.0-2_all.deb
 5de3027084ebcf06d3a52b83d432c979 205384 devel extra sbuild_0.60.0-2_all.deb
 bc05a6b816f1eda144ede58093f07bb9 208156 devel extra wanna-build_0.60.0-2_all.deb
 ea11a2908635e49f7561b733113869fa 197754 devel extra buildd_0.60.0-2_all.deb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFMQvjOmHaJYZ7RAb8RA3TTAKCj40vOAXM4pLNKKngNFeiILUjaIACeOfmJ
EVB2KVZcIU3sEJaxneuLofI=
=CYJ7
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----





Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 26 Aug 2010 07:35:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Thu Apr 17 02:13:23 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.