Debian Bug report logs - #584571
dpkg-cross: doubles provides field on zlib1g and zlib1g-dev cross packages

version graph

Package: dpkg-cross; Maintainer for dpkg-cross is Debian Embedded Group <debian-embedded@lists.debian.org>; Source for dpkg-cross is src:dpkg-cross.

Reported by: Hector Oron <zumbi@debian.org>

Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 17:03:02 UTC

Severity: normal

Found in version dpkg-cross/2.5.6

Done: Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Embedded Group <debian-embedded@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#584571; Package dpkg-cross. (Fri, 04 Jun 2010 17:03:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Hector Oron <zumbi@debian.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Debian Embedded Group <debian-embedded@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 04 Jun 2010 17:03:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Hector Oron <zumbi@debian.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: dpkg-cross: doubles provides field on zlib1g and zlib1g-dev cross packages
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 19:00:06 +0200
Package: dpkg-cross
Version: 2.5.6
Severity: normal


dpkg is unable to install zlib1g and zlib1g-dev cross packages due to a doubled Provides: field in the generated package.

While this is not C language, I believe it is understandable what it is going on:

S'actualitzaran els paquets següents:
  zlib1g-armel-cross zlib1g-dev-armel-cross
2 actualitzats, 0 nous a instal·lar, 0 a suprimir i 0 no actualitzats.
Es necessita obtenir 0B/123kB d'arxius.
Després d'aquesta operació s'empraran 0B d'espai en disc addicional.
S'estan llegint els canvis... Fet 
dpkg: s'ha produït un error en processar /var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-armel-cross_1%3a1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb (--unpack):
 s'ha produït un error d'anàlisi, al fitxer «/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/control» prop de la línia 11 paquet «zlib1g-armel-cross»:
 valor duplicat en el camp «Provides»
dpkg: s'ha produït un error en processar /var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-dev-armel-cross_1%3a1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb (--unpack):
 s'ha produït un error d'anàlisi, al fitxer «/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/control» prop de la línia 11 paquet «zlib1g-dev-armel-cross»:
 valor duplicat en el camp «Provides»
S'han trobat errors en processar:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-armel-cross_1%3a1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-dev-armel-cross_1%3a1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)


Cheers,
  -- Hector

-- Package-specific info:

-- (/etc/dpkg-cross/cross-compile not submitted) --


-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-4-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=ca_AD.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=ca_AD.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages dpkg-cross depends on:
ii  binutils-multiarch            2.20.1-8   Binary utilities that support mult
ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]         1.5.28     Debian configuration management sy
ii  dpkg-dev                      1.15.5.6   Debian package development tools
ii  libconfig-auto-perl           0.20-2     Magical config file parser
ii  libdebian-dpkgcross-perl      2.5.6      functions to aid cross-compiling D
ii  perl                          5.10.1-11  Larry Wall's Practical Extraction 

Versions of packages dpkg-cross recommends:
ii  fakeroot                      1.14.4-1   Gives a fake root environment

dpkg-cross suggests no packages.

-- debconf information excluded




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Embedded Group <debian-embedded@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#584571; Package dpkg-cross. (Fri, 04 Jun 2010 17:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Abhijit Bera <abhibera@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Embedded Group <debian-embedded@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 04 Jun 2010 17:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 584571@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Abhijit Bera <abhibera@gmail.com>
To: Hector Oron <zumbi@debian.org>, 584571@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#584571: dpkg-cross: doubles provides field on zlib1g and zlib1g-dev cross packages
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 22:37:02 +0530
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
I was wondering if something is wrong with my package manager. I was getting
this error too.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Hector Oron <zumbi@debian.org> wrote:

> Package: dpkg-cross
> Version: 2.5.6
> Severity: normal
>
>
> dpkg is unable to install zlib1g and zlib1g-dev cross packages due to a
> doubled Provides: field in the generated package.
>
> While this is not C language, I believe it is understandable what it is
> going on:
>
> S'actualitzaran els paquets següents:
>  zlib1g-armel-cross zlib1g-dev-armel-cross
> 2 actualitzats, 0 nous a instal·lar, 0 a suprimir i 0 no actualitzats.
> Es necessita obtenir 0B/123kB d'arxius.
> Després d'aquesta operació s'empraran 0B d'espai en disc addicional.
> S'estan llegint els canvis... Fet
> dpkg: s'ha produït un error en processar
> /var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-armel-cross_1%3a1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb
> (--unpack):
>  s'ha produït un error d'anàlisi, al fitxer «/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/control»
> prop de la línia 11 paquet «zlib1g-armel-cross»:
>  valor duplicat en el camp «Provides»
> dpkg: s'ha produït un error en processar
> /var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-dev-armel-cross_1%3a1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb
> (--unpack):
>  s'ha produït un error d'anàlisi, al fitxer «/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/control»
> prop de la línia 11 paquet «zlib1g-dev-armel-cross»:
>  valor duplicat en el camp «Provides»
> S'han trobat errors en processar:
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-armel-cross_1%3a1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-dev-armel-cross_1%3a1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb
> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>
>
> Cheers,
>  -- Hector
>
> -- Package-specific info:
>
> -- (/etc/dpkg-cross/cross-compile not submitted) --
>
>
> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: squeeze/sid
>  APT prefers unstable
>  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing')
> Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
>
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-4-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
> Locale: LANG=ca_AD.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=ca_AD.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
>
> Versions of packages dpkg-cross depends on:
> ii  binutils-multiarch            2.20.1-8   Binary utilities that support
> mult
> ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]         1.5.28     Debian configuration
> management sy
> ii  dpkg-dev                      1.15.5.6   Debian package development
> tools
> ii  libconfig-auto-perl           0.20-2     Magical config file parser
> ii  libdebian-dpkgcross-perl      2.5.6      functions to aid
> cross-compiling D
> ii  perl                          5.10.1-11  Larry Wall's Practical
> Extraction
>
> Versions of packages dpkg-cross recommends:
> ii  fakeroot                      1.14.4-1   Gives a fake root environment
>
> dpkg-cross suggests no packages.
>
> -- debconf information excluded
>
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-embedded-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
> listmaster@lists.debian.org
> Archive:
> http://lists.debian.org/20100604170006.30521.23184.reportbug@eefk2m5.upc.edu
>
>
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Embedded Group <debian-embedded@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#584571; Package dpkg-cross. (Fri, 04 Jun 2010 17:24:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Embedded Group <debian-embedded@lists.debian.org>. (Fri, 04 Jun 2010 17:24:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 584571@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com>
To: Abhijit Bera <abhibera@gmail.com>
Cc: 584571@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#584571: dpkg-cross: doubles provides field on zlib1g and zlib1g-dev cross packages
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 19:20:43 +0200
Hello,

2010/6/4 Abhijit Bera <abhibera@gmail.com>:
> I was wondering if something is wrong with my package manager. I was getting
> this error too.

FYI, this bug should really be a follow-up from
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=578613

:-)

Cheers,
-- 
 Héctor Orón

"Our Sun unleashes tremendous flares expelling hot gas into the Solar
System, which one day will disconnect us."




Reply sent to Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Fri, 04 Jun 2010 18:27:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Hector Oron <zumbi@debian.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Fri, 04 Jun 2010 18:27:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 584571-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>
To: Hector Oron <zumbi@debian.org>, 584571-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#584571: dpkg-cross: doubles provides field on zlib1g and zlib1g-dev cross packages
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 19:23:21 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 19:00:06 +0200
Hector Oron <zumbi@debian.org> wrote:

> Package: dpkg-cross
> Version: 2.5.6

Fixed in 2.5.7, current version is 2.5.8

> FYI, this bug should really be a follow-up from
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=578613

... which is already closed. I have explicitly tested with zlib1g and
zlib1g-dev. The bug is fixed in the current version.

-- 


Neil Williams
=============
http://www.data-freedom.org/
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/
http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/

[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information stored :
Bug#584571; Package dpkg-cross. (Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:57:14 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and filed, but not forwarded. (Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:57:14 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #25 received at 584571-quiet@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com>
To: Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>
Cc: 584571-quiet@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#584571: dpkg-cross: doubles provides field on zlib1g and zlib1g-dev cross packages
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:52:27 +0200
Hello Neil,

[...]
>> Package: dpkg-cross
>> Version: 2.5.6
>
> Fixed in 2.5.7, current version is 2.5.8

The machine I sent the bug report from is different from the one building, so:
$ dpkg -l | grep dpkg-crossii  dpkg-cross
2.5.8                          tools for cross compiling Debian
packages

> ... which is already closed. I have explicitly tested with zlib1g and
> zlib1g-dev. The bug is fixed in the current version.

Let's re-try...
$ wget http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/z/zlib/zlib1g_1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_armel.deb
$ dpkg-cross --help
dpkg-cross version 2.5.5
[...]
$ dpkg -l | grep dpkg-cross
ii  dpkg-cross                           2.5.8
 tools for cross compiling Debian packages
$ LANG=C dpkg-cross -a armel -b zlib1g_1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_armel.deb
Building zlib1g-armel-cross_1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb
dpkg-deb: building package `zlib1g-armel-cross' in
`./zlib1g-armel-cross_1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb'.
$ dpkg -e zlib1g-armel-cross_1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb; cat
DEBIAN/control | grep ^Provides:
Provides: libz1-armel-cross, zlib1g-armel-dcv1

Maybe it was -dev version :-?

$ dpkg -e zlib1g-dev-armel-cross_1.2.3.4.dfsg-3_all.deb; cat
DEBIAN/control | grep ^Provides:
Provides: libz-dev-armel-cross, zlib1g-dev-armel-dcv1

Well, it looks now fine... thanks and apologies.

-- 
 Héctor Orón

"Our Sun unleashes tremendous flares expelling hot gas into the Solar
System, which one day will disconnect us."




Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 06 Jul 2010 07:35:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sun Apr 20 21:46:21 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.