Debian Bug report logs - #574331
libnet-dns-perl: FTBFS: tests failed

version graph

Package: src:libnet-dns-perl; Maintainer for src:libnet-dns-perl is Florian Roscher <fh@debian.org>;

Reported by: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:51:32 UTC

Severity: serious

Tags: patch

Merged with 721423

Found in versions libnet-dns-perl/0.66-1, libnet-dns-perl/0.68-1.1

Fixed in version libnet-dns-perl/0.68-1.2

Done: Nicolas Dandrimont <olasd@debian.org>

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:51:35 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:51:35 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: libnet-dns-perl: FTBFS: tests failed
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:39:06 +0100
Source: libnet-dns-perl
Version: 0.66-1
Severity: serious
Tags: squeeze sid
User: debian-qa@lists.debian.org
Usertags: qa-ftbfs-20100316 qa-ftbfs
Justification: FTBFS on amd64

Hi,

During a rebuild of all packages in sid, your package failed to build on
amd64.

Relevant part:
> make[1]: Entering directory `/build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66'
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
> # 
> # These tests were ran with:
> # Net::DNS::VERSION:               0.66
> # set environment variable NET_DNS_DEBUG to get all versions
> t/00-load.t ................ ok
> t/00-pod.t ................. skipped: Test::Pod v0.95 required for testing POD
> t/00-version.t ............. ok
> # 
> # 
> # Executing heuristic to see if have unlimited view of the Internet
> # If the heuristic fails this could have various reasons probably having
> # nothing to do with bugs in Net::DNS
> # 
> # 
> t/001-connection-checks.t .. ok
> t/01-resolver-env.t ........ ok
> t/01-resolver-file.t ....... ok
> t/01-resolver-flags.t ...... ok
> t/01-resolver-opt.t ........ ok
> t/01-resolver.t ............ ok
> # character encoding: ISO-8859-1
> # Net::DNS::Domain is included for testing only. Failures can safely be ignored
> t/02-domain.t .............. ok
> t/02-header.t .............. ok
> t/03-question.t ............ ok
> t/04-packet-unique-push.t .. ok
> t/04-packet.t .............. ok
> t/05-apl.t ................. ok
> t/05-rr-opt.t .............. ok
> t/05-rr-rrsort.t ........... ok
> t/05-rr-sshfp.t ............ skipped: Digest::BubbleBabble not installed.
> t/05-rr-txt.t .............. ok
> t/05-rr-unknown.t .......... ok
> t/05-rr-various.t .......... ok
> # Number of RRs: 33 Number of methods: 127
> t/05-rr.t .................. ok
> t/06-update.t .............. ok
> t/07-misc.t ................ ok
> t/08-online.t .............. ok
> t/09-tkey.t ................ ok
> Servers [193.0.14.129 198.41.0.4 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
> Servers [198.41.0.4 192.58.128.30 192.112.36.4 202.12.27.33 192.5.5.241 128.63.2.53 192.36.148.17 192.33.4.12 192.228.79.201 199.7.83.42 128.8.10.90 193.0.14.129 192.203.230.10 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
> Servers [198.41.0.4 192.58.128.30 192.112.36.4 202.12.27.33 192.5.5.241 128.63.2.53 192.36.148.17 192.33.4.12 192.228.79.201 199.7.83.42 128.8.10.90 193.0.14.129 192.203.230.10 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
> Servers [198.41.0.4 192.58.128.30 192.112.36.4 202.12.27.33 192.5.5.241 128.63.2.53 192.36.148.17 192.33.4.12 192.228.79.201 199.7.83.42 128.8.10.90 193.0.14.129 192.203.230.10 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
> Servers [198.41.0.4 192.58.128.30 192.112.36.4 202.12.27.33 192.5.5.241 128.63.2.53 192.36.148.17 192.33.4.12 192.228.79.201 199.7.83.42 128.8.10.90 193.0.14.129 192.203.230.10 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
> Servers [198.41.0.4 192.58.128.30 192.112.36.4 202.12.27.33 192.5.5.241 128.63.2.53 192.36.148.17 192.33.4.12 192.228.79.201 199.7.83.42 128.8.10.90 193.0.14.129 192.203.230.10 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
> Servers [198.41.0.4 192.58.128.30 192.112.36.4 202.12.27.33 192.5.5.241 128.63.2.53 192.36.148.17 192.33.4.12 192.228.79.201 199.7.83.42 128.8.10.90 193.0.14.129 192.203.230.10 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
[...]
> Servers [198.41.0.4 192.58.128.30 192.112.36.4 202.12.27.33 192.5.5.241 128.63.2.53 192.36.148.17 192.33.4.12 192.228.79.201 199.7.83.42 128.8.10.90 193.0.14.129 192.203.230.10 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
> make[1]: *** [test_dynamic] Terminated
> E: Caught signal 'Terminated': terminating immediately
> make: *** [build-stamp] Terminated
> Build killed with signal TERM after 60 minutes of inactivity
> ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
> Build finished at 20100317-0159

The full build log is available from:
   http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2010/03/16/libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1_lsid64.buildlog

A list of current common problems and possible solutions is available at 
http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/FTBFS . You're welcome to contribute!

About the archive rebuild: The rebuild was done on about 50 AMD64 nodes
of the Grid'5000 platform, using a clean chroot.  Internet was not
accessible from the build systems.

-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:21:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Florian Hinzmann <f.hinzmann@hamburg.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:21:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Florian Hinzmann <f.hinzmann@hamburg.de>
To: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>, 574331@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#574331: libnet-dns-perl: FTBFS: tests failed
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:13:01 +0100
Hello!


On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:39:06 +0100
Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:

> Relevant part:
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66'
> > PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
> > # 
> > # These tests were ran with:
> > # Net::DNS::VERSION:               0.66
> > # set environment variable NET_DNS_DEBUG to get all versions
> > t/00-load.t ................ ok
> > t/00-pod.t ................. skipped: Test::Pod v0.95 required for testing POD
> > t/00-version.t ............. ok
> > # 
> > # 
> > # Executing heuristic to see if have unlimited view of the Internet
> > # If the heuristic fails this could have various reasons probably having
> > # nothing to do with bugs in Net::DNS
> > # 
> > # 
> > t/001-connection-checks.t .. ok

> > [...]


> > Servers [193.0.14.129 198.41.0.4 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
> > Servers [198.41.0.4 192.58.128.30 192.112.36.4 202.12.27.33 192.5.5.241 128.63.2.53 192.36.148.17 192.33.4.12 192.228.79.201 199.7.83.42 128.8.10.90 193.0.14.129 192.203.230.10 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.

> > [...]

> > make[1]: *** [test_dynamic] Terminated
> > E: Caught signal 'Terminated': terminating immediately
> > make: *** [build-stamp] Terminated
> > Build killed with signal TERM after 60 minutes of inactivity
> > ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
> > Build finished at 20100317-0159


The test suite does include online checks. I had the whole test suite disabled
within debian/rules before as to go easy on our build daemons.

Now with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck I did enable them, but
skip if nocheck was given.


Do we have a policy or best practice on what to do about tests in
general and online tests in particular with respect to build daemons?

 
Regards
 Florian


-- 
  Florian Hinzmann                         private: f.hinzmann@hamburg.de
                                            Debian: fh@debian.org 
PGP Key / ID: 1024D/B4071A65
Fingerprint : F9AB 00C1 3E3A 8125 DD3F  DF1C DF79 A374 B407 1A65




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:48:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:48:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: Florian Hinzmann <f.hinzmann@hamburg.de>
Cc: 574331@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#574331: libnet-dns-perl: FTBFS: tests failed
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:43:25 +0100
On 17/03/10 at 14:13 +0100, Florian Hinzmann wrote:
> Hello!
> 
> 
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:39:06 +0100
> Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> 
> > Relevant part:
> > > make[1]: Entering directory `/build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66'
> > > PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
> > > # 
> > > # These tests were ran with:
> > > # Net::DNS::VERSION:               0.66
> > > # set environment variable NET_DNS_DEBUG to get all versions
> > > t/00-load.t ................ ok
> > > t/00-pod.t ................. skipped: Test::Pod v0.95 required for testing POD
> > > t/00-version.t ............. ok
> > > # 
> > > # 
> > > # Executing heuristic to see if have unlimited view of the Internet
> > > # If the heuristic fails this could have various reasons probably having
> > > # nothing to do with bugs in Net::DNS
> > > # 
> > > # 
> > > t/001-connection-checks.t .. ok
> 
> > > [...]
> 
> 
> > > Servers [193.0.14.129 198.41.0.4 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
> > > Servers [198.41.0.4 192.58.128.30 192.112.36.4 202.12.27.33 192.5.5.241 128.63.2.53 192.36.148.17 192.33.4.12 192.228.79.201 199.7.83.42 128.8.10.90 193.0.14.129 192.203.230.10 ] did not give answers at /build/user-libnet-dns-perl_0.66-1-amd64-jA4Owr/libnet-dns-perl-0.66/blib/lib/Net/DNS/Resolver/Recurse.pm line 112.
> 
> > > [...]
> 
> > > make[1]: *** [test_dynamic] Terminated
> > > E: Caught signal 'Terminated': terminating immediately
> > > make: *** [build-stamp] Terminated
> > > Build killed with signal TERM after 60 minutes of inactivity
> > > ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
> > > Build finished at 20100317-0159
> 
> 
> The test suite does include online checks. I had the whole test suite disabled
> within debian/rules before as to go easy on our build daemons.
> 
> Now with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck I did enable them, but
> skip if nocheck was given.
> 
> 
> Do we have a policy or best practice on what to do about tests in
> general and online tests in particular with respect to build daemons?

Yes: it is a good idea to make online tests errors non-fatal, or disable
the online tests completely. The risk is that, in 2 years, you want to
do a security update, and then the tests start failing because they
depend on an external server.
-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:03:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:03:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>
To: 574331@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
Subject: Re: Bug#574331: libnet-dns-perl: FTBFS: tests failed
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:39:47 +0100
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:13:01 +0100
Florian Hinzmann <f.hinzmann@hamburg.de> wrote:

> Do we have a policy or best practice on what to do about tests in
> general and online tests in particular with respect to build daemons?

Kind of P.S.:
I assumed the build daemons would both
- have online access and
- use nocheck to save cpu cycles. 

Thinking about it now, it might be good to run the tests
with the builds, especially to check them on every architecture. 

So one question remains: May I assume to have online access when
building packages.

Maybe I find a way to skip or timeout these non-fatally. 

AMD64 build fine otherwise (including the IPv4 online test):
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=libnet-dns-perl;ver=0.66-1;arch=ia64;stamp=1268659347


Greetings

 Florian


-- 
  Florian Hinzmann                         private: f.hinzmann@hamburg.de
                                            Debian: fh@debian.org 
PGP Key / ID: 1024D/B4071A65
Fingerprint : F9AB 00C1 3E3A 8125 DD3F  DF1C DF79 A374 B407 1A65




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:06:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:06:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #25 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>
Cc: 574331@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#574331: libnet-dns-perl: FTBFS: tests failed
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:01:59 +0100
On 17/03/10 at 14:39 +0100, Florian Hinzmann wrote:
> 
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:13:01 +0100
> Florian Hinzmann <f.hinzmann@hamburg.de> wrote:
> 
> > Do we have a policy or best practice on what to do about tests in
> > general and online tests in particular with respect to build daemons?
> 
> Kind of P.S.:
> I assumed the build daemons would both
> - have online access and
> - use nocheck to save cpu cycles. 
> 
> Thinking about it now, it might be good to run the tests
> with the builds, especially to check them on every architecture. 
> 
> So one question remains: May I assume to have online access when
> building packages.
> 
> Maybe I find a way to skip or timeout these non-fatally. 
> 
> AMD64 build fine otherwise (including the IPv4 online test):
> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=libnet-dns-perl;ver=0.66-1;arch=ia64;stamp=1268659347

The build was not done on an official buildd. I run archive rebuilds on
a regular basis on a cluster, and do that to detect a lot of FTBFS bugs.

So far, failing to build because network is not available has always
been considered an RC bug.
-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:09:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:09:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #30 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>
To: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
Cc: 574331@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#574331: libnet-dns-perl: FTBFS: tests failed
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:06:42 +0100
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:01:59 +0100
Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:

> So far, failing to build because network is not available has always
> been considered an RC bug.

I will try to detect online connectivity or to fail
non fatally without network access. 

If I fail, I will disable the tests again.


 


-- 
  Florian Hinzmann                         private: f.hinzmann@hamburg.de
                                            Debian: fh@debian.org 
PGP Key / ID: 1024D/B4071A65
Fingerprint : F9AB 00C1 3E3A 8125 DD3F  DF1C DF79 A374 B407 1A65




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Matt Taggart <taggart@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>. (Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #35 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Matt Taggart <taggart@debian.org>
To: 574331@bugs.debian.org, 574331-submitter@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#574331: libnet-dns-perl: FTBFS: tests failed
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:55:39 -0700
It looks like the buildds are all able to build 0.66-2, but I suppose that 
could be because they have network access? The changelog entry mentioned 
fixing it, so I am going assume it's fixed and will downgrade this bug so 
the package can move into testing, but I will leave it open and maybe 
Florian or Lucas can confirm that it works on a buildd without net access 
and close the bug.

Thanks,

-- 
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org






Message sent on to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Bug#574331. (Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:03:12 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Severity set to 'normal' from 'serious' Request was from Matt Taggart <taggart@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:15:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Mon, 26 Apr 2010 05:51:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Florian Hinzmann <f.hinzmann@hamburg.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>. (Mon, 26 Apr 2010 05:51:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #45 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Florian Hinzmann <f.hinzmann@hamburg.de>
To: 574331@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Mostly done
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:42:35 +0200
Hello!


I did fix an error so libnet-dns-perl does not try to check 
for private addresses with online tests disabled. 

But I did not yet reproduce the behaviour Lucas found with
his build test. It looks like his kind of having no online
access differs from the ones I tried. 

I do not object to lowering the severity as libnet-dns-perl 
builds fine with online access, on machines with no outside
network interface and does not even try online access when
"nocheck" was given. 
In my opinion this es good enough for security support.


I will try to reproduce and fix the behaviour Lucas reported
nevertheless and will ask him for more information if I 
fail.


Regards
 Florian


-- 
  Florian Hinzmann                private: f.hinzmann@hamburg.de
                                   Debian: fh@debian.org
PGP Key / ID: 1024D/B4071A65
Fingerprint : F9AB 00C1 3E3A 8125 DD3F  DF1C DF79 A374 B407 1A65




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Mon, 26 Apr 2010 06:57:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. (Mon, 26 Apr 2010 06:57:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #50 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>
To: 574331@bugs.debian.org, control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: How did you make it fail?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:28:29 +0200
tags 574331 +moreinfo
thanks


Hello Lucas!



What kind of network setup did you use to provoke your failure? 

It looks like t/001-connection-checks.t was able to query an
external nameserver in your setup, but was not able to query 
the root nameservers. 


With a local DROP policy in my firewall I get:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
t/001-connection-checks.t .. 1/1 # 
# 
# Executing heuristic to see if have unlimited view of the Internet
# If the heuristic fails this could have various reasons probably having
# nothing to do with bugs in Net::DNS
# 
# 
# Error querying local resolver: query timed out
# We are canceling all test
# 		 This is not an error in Net::DNS 
# 		 IPv4 Online tests disabled.
# 		 IPv6 Online tests disabled.
------------------------------------------------------------------------


When dropping forwarded traffic on my outgoing router, but making the
local resolver work I get:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
t/001-connection-checks.t .. 1/1 # 
# 
# Executing heuristic to see if have unlimited view of the Internet
# If the heuristic fails this could have various reasons probably having
# nothing to do with bugs in Net::DNS
# 
# 
# 
# 	 Will try to connect to  ns1.net-dns.org (213.154.224.48 or 2001:7b8:206:1:0:1234:be21:e31e)
# 
# 		 Failed querying 213.154.224.48: query timed out
# 
# 		 It could be you do not have global IP connectivity' 
# 		 This is not an error in Net::DNS 
# 		 You can confirm this by trying 'ping 213.154.224.48' 
# 
# 		 Alternatively the Nameserver running on 213.154.224.48 is currently down' 
# 
# 		 IPv4 Online tests disabled.
# 
# 		 Failed querying 2001:7b8:206:1:0:1234:be21:e31e: Send error: Network is unreachable
# 
# 		 It could be you do not have global IP connectivity' 
# 		 This is not an error in Net::DNS 
# 		 You can confirm this by trying 'ping6 2001:7b8:206:1:0:1234:be21:e31e' 
# 
# 		 Alternatively the Nameserver running on 2001:7b8:206:1:0:1234:be21:e31e is currently down' 
# 
# 		 IPv6 Online tests disabled.
# 
# 
------------------------------------------------------------------------



Regards

 Florian



-- 
  Florian Hinzmann                private: f.hinzmann@hamburg.de
                                   Debian: fh@debian.org
PGP Key / ID: 1024D/B4071A65
Fingerprint : F9AB 00C1 3E3A 8125 DD3F  DF1C DF79 A374 B407 1A65




Added tag(s) moreinfo. Request was from Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 26 Apr 2010 06:57:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:58:31 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>. (Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:58:31 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #57 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>, 574331@bugs.debian.org
Cc: control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#574331: How did you make it fail?
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:47:55 -0400
tags 574331 -moreinfo
thanks

On 26/04/10 at 08:28 +0200, Florian Hinzmann wrote:
> tags 574331 +moreinfo
> thanks
> 
> 
> Hello Lucas!

Hi,

When asking questions to bug submitters, please do not forget to Cc
them! They do not receive the mails by default.

> What kind of network setup did you use to provoke your failure? 

The build machines are in a private network. They don't have general
IP-level internet access, but might be able to resolve names that they
can't connect to by asking recursing local name servers.
-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Removed tag(s) moreinfo. Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:58:32 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:39:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>. (Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:39:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #64 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li>
To: 574331@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Similar but unrelated set of failures
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:37:01 +0000
I observed some different test failures on a sid i386 sbuild chroot:

t/00-load.t ................ ok
t/00-pod.t ................. skipped: Test::Pod v0.95 required for testing POD
t/00-version.t ............. ok
#
#
# Executing heuristic to see if have unlimited view of the Internet
# If the heuristic fails this could have various reasons probably having
# nothing to do with bugs in Net::DNS
#
#
t/001-connection-checks.t .. ok
t/01-resolver-env.t ........ ok
t/01-resolver-file.t ....... ok
t/01-resolver-flags.t ...... ok
t/01-resolver-opt.t ........ ok

#   Failed test 'nameservers() works'
#   at t/01-resolver.t line 13.

#   Failed test 'Nameservers() looks up IP.'
#   at t/01-resolver.t line 95.
#          got: undef
#     expected: '10.0.1.128'
# no nameservers1

#   Failed test 'Nameservers() looks up cname.'
#   at t/01-resolver.t line 100.
#          got: undef
#     expected: '10.0.1.128'
# no nameservers1
# Looks like you failed 3 tests of 49.
t/01-resolver.t ............
Dubious, test returned 3 (wstat 768, 0x300)
Failed 3/49 subtests
# character encoding: ISO-8859-1
# Net::DNS::Domain is included for testing only. Failures can safely be ignored
t/02-domain.t .............. ok
t/02-header.t .............. ok
t/03-question.t ............ ok
t/04-packet-unique-push.t .. ok
t/04-packet.t .............. ok
t/05-apl.t ................. ok
t/05-rr-opt.t .............. ok
t/05-rr-rrsort.t ........... ok
t/05-rr-sshfp.t ............ skipped: Digest::BubbleBabble not installed.
t/05-rr-txt.t .............. ok
t/05-rr-unknown.t .......... ok
t/05-rr-various.t .......... ok
# Number of RRs: 33 Number of methods: 127
t/05-rr.t .................. ok
t/06-update.t .............. ok
t/07-misc.t ................ ok

#   Failed test 'Got an answer for a.t.net-dns.org IN A'
#   at t/08-online.t line 52.
Can't call method "header" on an undefined value at t/08-online.t line 53.
# Looks like you planned 95 tests but ran 2.
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 2 run.
# Looks like your test exited with 29 just after 2.
t/08-online.t .............. 
Dubious, test returned 29 (wstat 7424, 0x1d00)
Failed 94/95 subtests 
t/09-tkey.t ................ ok
t/10-recurse.t ............. ok
# Using the  XS compiled dn_expand function 
# 
# disabling XS based dns_expand for a moment.
# 
# Continuing to use the XS based dn_expand()
t/11-escapedchars.t ........ ok
t/11-inet6.t ............... skipped: Online tests disabled.

123456789112345678921234567893123456789412345678951234567896123...
truncated to 63 octets (RFC1035 2.3.1) at t/12-compression.t line 56
t/12-compression.t ......... ok
# Testing availability of 127.0.0.1
t/13-udp-trunc.t ........... ok
# Cleaning
t/99-cleanup.t ............. ok

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/01-resolver.t          (Wstat: 768 Tests: 49 Failed: 3)
  Failed tests:  4, 47-48
  Non-zero exit status: 3
t/08-online.t            (Wstat: 7424 Tests: 2 Failed: 1)
  Failed test:  2
  Non-zero exit status: 29
  Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 95 tests but ran 2.
Files=32, Tests=1666, 10 wallclock secs ( 0.37 usr  0.14 sys +  6.90 cusr  0.35 csys =  7.76 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 2/32 test programs. 4/1666 subtests failed.

This system did have Internet access; the only possibly unusual thing
is that /etc/resolv.conf only has IPv6 nameservers configured.

-- 
Dominic Hargreaves | http://www.larted.org.uk/~dom/
PGP key 5178E2A5 from the.earth.li (keyserver,web,email)




Added tag(s) wheezy. Request was from Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:03:56 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>:
Bug#574331; Package src:libnet-dns-perl. (Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Florian Hinzmann <fh@debian.org>. (Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #71 received at 574331@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li>
To: 574331@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Similar but unrelated set of failures
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:37:16 +0000
On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 01:37:01PM +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> I observed some different test failures on a sid i386 sbuild chroot:
> 
> t/00-load.t ................ ok
> t/00-pod.t ................. skipped: Test::Pod v0.95 required for testing POD
> t/00-version.t ............. ok
> #
> #
> # Executing heuristic to see if have unlimited view of the Internet
> # If the heuristic fails this could have various reasons probably having
> # nothing to do with bugs in Net::DNS
> #
> #
> t/001-connection-checks.t .. ok
> t/01-resolver-env.t ........ ok
> t/01-resolver-file.t ....... ok
> t/01-resolver-flags.t ...... ok
> t/01-resolver-opt.t ........ ok
> 
> #   Failed test 'nameservers() works'
> #   at t/01-resolver.t line 13.
> 
> #   Failed test 'Nameservers() looks up IP.'
> #   at t/01-resolver.t line 95.
> #          got: undef
> #     expected: '10.0.1.128'
> # no nameservers1
> 
> #   Failed test 'Nameservers() looks up cname.'
> #   at t/01-resolver.t line 100.
> #          got: undef
> #     expected: '10.0.1.128'
> # no nameservers1
> # Looks like you failed 3 tests of 49.
> t/01-resolver.t ............
> Dubious, test returned 3 (wstat 768, 0x300)
> Failed 3/49 subtests
> # character encoding: ISO-8859-1
> # Net::DNS::Domain is included for testing only. Failures can safely be ignored
> t/02-domain.t .............. ok
> t/02-header.t .............. ok
> t/03-question.t ............ ok
> t/04-packet-unique-push.t .. ok
> t/04-packet.t .............. ok
> t/05-apl.t ................. ok
> t/05-rr-opt.t .............. ok
> t/05-rr-rrsort.t ........... ok
> t/05-rr-sshfp.t ............ skipped: Digest::BubbleBabble not installed.
> t/05-rr-txt.t .............. ok
> t/05-rr-unknown.t .......... ok
> t/05-rr-various.t .......... ok
> # Number of RRs: 33 Number of methods: 127
> t/05-rr.t .................. ok
> t/06-update.t .............. ok
> t/07-misc.t ................ ok
> 
> #   Failed test 'Got an answer for a.t.net-dns.org IN A'
> #   at t/08-online.t line 52.
> Can't call method "header" on an undefined value at t/08-online.t line 53.
> # Looks like you planned 95 tests but ran 2.
> # Looks like you failed 1 test of 2 run.
> # Looks like your test exited with 29 just after 2.
> t/08-online.t .............. 
> Dubious, test returned 29 (wstat 7424, 0x1d00)
> Failed 94/95 subtests 
> t/09-tkey.t ................ ok
> t/10-recurse.t ............. ok
> # Using the  XS compiled dn_expand function 
> # 
> # disabling XS based dns_expand for a moment.
> # 
> # Continuing to use the XS based dn_expand()
> t/11-escapedchars.t ........ ok
> t/11-inet6.t ............... skipped: Online tests disabled.
> 
> 123456789112345678921234567893123456789412345678951234567896123...
> truncated to 63 octets (RFC1035 2.3.1) at t/12-compression.t line 56
> t/12-compression.t ......... ok
> # Testing availability of 127.0.0.1
> t/13-udp-trunc.t ........... ok
> # Cleaning
> t/99-cleanup.t ............. ok
> 
> Test Summary Report
> -------------------
> t/01-resolver.t          (Wstat: 768 Tests: 49 Failed: 3)
>   Failed tests:  4, 47-48
>   Non-zero exit status: 3
> t/08-online.t            (Wstat: 7424 Tests: 2 Failed: 1)
>   Failed test:  2
>   Non-zero exit status: 29
>   Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 95 tests but ran 2.
> Files=32, Tests=1666, 10 wallclock secs ( 0.37 usr  0.14 sys +  6.90 cusr  0.35 csys =  7.76 CPU)
> Result: FAIL
> Failed 2/32 test programs. 4/1666 subtests failed.
> 
> This system did have Internet access; the only possibly unusual thing
> is that /etc/resolv.conf only has IPv6 nameservers configured.

This is indeed the case. I'm going to file a separate bug about this
to avoid any further confusion. Sorry about the noise here.

-- 
Dominic Hargreaves | http://www.larted.org.uk/~dom/
PGP key 5178E2A5 from the.earth.li (keyserver,web,email)




Added tag(s) jessie. Request was from Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:37:44 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Severity set to 'serious' from 'normal' Request was from Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> to 721423-submit@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:06:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added indication that bug 574331 blocks 712615 Request was from Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> to 721423-submit@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:06:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Marked as found in versions libnet-dns-perl/0.68-1.1. Request was from Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> to 721423-submit@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:06:11 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Merged 574331 721423 Request was from Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> to 721423-submit@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:06:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Added tag(s) pending and patch. Request was from Nicolas Dandrimont <olasd@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:45:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #84 received at 721423-close@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Nicolas Dandrimont <olasd@debian.org>
To: 721423-close@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Bug#721423: fixed in libnet-dns-perl 0.68-1.2
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 19:03:06 +0000
Source: libnet-dns-perl
Source-Version: 0.68-1.2

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
libnet-dns-perl, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to 721423@bugs.debian.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Nicolas Dandrimont <olasd@debian.org> (supplier of updated libnet-dns-perl package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org)


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Format: 1.8
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 20:09:39 +0200
Source: libnet-dns-perl
Binary: libnet-dns-perl
Architecture: source amd64
Version: 0.68-1.2
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: high
Maintainer: Florian Roscher <fh@debian.org>
Changed-By: Nicolas Dandrimont <olasd@debian.org>
Description: 
 libnet-dns-perl - Perform DNS queries from a Perl script
Closes: 721423
Changes: 
 libnet-dns-perl (0.68-1.2) unstable; urgency=high
 .
   * Non-maintainer upload.
   * Disable online tests as buildds can be firewalled (Closes: #721423)
Checksums-Sha1: 
 54001c77e0adb0c2e814a555e5fcc9e78dc3c40c 1913 libnet-dns-perl_0.68-1.2.dsc
 775026538f48b792a2ddf5059f586ebcf2229ea1 8377 libnet-dns-perl_0.68-1.2.debian.tar.gz
 69b4a40fa6c0ff088785d2efcacf56440849632d 290872 libnet-dns-perl_0.68-1.2_amd64.deb
Checksums-Sha256: 
 4a205317e26e9f2fbc1e6da74620c9f4a72ee60ce92a8592cf118a2cc78697d0 1913 libnet-dns-perl_0.68-1.2.dsc
 5f29031dea9ec055e426f8287b805ad23d2eae9038d5babb2d455cf6f8b93a8e 8377 libnet-dns-perl_0.68-1.2.debian.tar.gz
 6f8277d819f25f232f3da4ffd8f3cd3d62373c010ba36de92ab1a9b952a19827 290872 libnet-dns-perl_0.68-1.2_amd64.deb
Files: 
 0d19ccee636eb0ae0ef58a3d9e371252 1913 perl optional libnet-dns-perl_0.68-1.2.dsc
 551b88114693a514d37a8691ba42e86e 8377 perl optional libnet-dns-perl_0.68-1.2.debian.tar.gz
 8edf4b9a8ffb2cb45f57ac4314a227ea 290872 perl optional libnet-dns-perl_0.68-1.2_amd64.deb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.14 (GNU/Linux)
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=bNzT
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----




Removed tag(s) sid, squeeze, wheezy, and jessie. Request was from Andreas Beckmann <anbe@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 01 Nov 2013 22:31:32 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Thu Apr 24 22:40:06 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.