Debian Bug report logs - #572036
RM: libnet-ssh-ruby -- RoQA; superseded by libnet-ssh2-ruby

Package: ftp.debian.org; Maintainer for ftp.debian.org is Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>;

Reported by: Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr>

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:39:04 UTC

Severity: normal

Done: Debian Archive Maintenance <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>, Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>:
Bug#572036; Package libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1,libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1. (Mon, 01 Mar 2010 07:39:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>, Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>.

Your message had a Version: pseudo-header with an invalid package version:

libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1/2.0.15-1

please either use found or fixed to the control server with a correct version, or reply to this report indicating the correct version so the maintainer (or someone else) can correct it for you.

(Mon, 01 Mar 2010 07:39:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.


Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1 and libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1: error when trying to install together
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 08:29:24 +0100
Package: libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1,libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1
Version: libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1/2.0.15-1
Version: libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1/2.0.15-1
Severity: serious
User: treinen@debian.org
Usertags: edos-file-overwrite

Date: 2010-02-28
Architecture: amd64
Distribution: sid

Hi,

automatic installation tests of packages that share a file and at the
same time do not conflict by their package dependency relationships has
detected the following problem:


WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  libruby1.9.1 libopenssl-ruby1.9.1 libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1 ruby1.9.1
  libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1
W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5407727
W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5407760
W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5406857
Authentication warning overridden.
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
Selecting previously deselected package libruby1.9.1.
(Reading database ... 12294 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libruby1.9.1 (from .../libruby1.9.1_1.9.1.378-1_amd64.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libopenssl-ruby1.9.1.
Unpacking libopenssl-ruby1.9.1 (from .../libopenssl-ruby1.9.1_1.9.1.378-1_amd64.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1.
Unpacking libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1 (from .../libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1_2.0.15-1_all.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package ruby1.9.1.
Unpacking ruby1.9.1 (from .../ruby1.9.1_1.9.1.378-1_amd64.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1.
Unpacking libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1 (from .../libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1_2.0.15-1_all.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1_2.0.15-1_all.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh.rb', which is also in package libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1 0:2.0.15-1
Processing triggers for man-db ...
W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5407727
W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5407760
W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5406857
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1_2.0.15-1_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)


This is a serious bug as it makes installation fail, and violates
sections 7.6.1 and 10.1 of the policy. An optimal solution would
consist in only one of the packages installing that file, and renaming
or removing the file in the other package. Depending on the
circumstances you might also consider Replace relations or file
diversions. If the conflicting situation cannot be resolved then, as a
last resort, the two packages have to declare a mutual
Conflict. Please take into account that Replaces, Conflicts and
diversions should only be used when packages provide different
implementations for the same functionality.

Here is a list of files that are known to be shared by both packages
(according to the Contents file for sid/amd64, which may be
slightly out of sync):

  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/agent.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/constants.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/key_manager.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/methods/abstract.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/methods/hostbased.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/methods/keyboard_interactive.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/methods/password.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/methods/publickey.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/pageant.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/session.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/buffer.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/buffered_io.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/config.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/connection/channel.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/connection/constants.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/connection/session.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/connection/term.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/errors.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/key_factory.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/known_hosts.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/loggable.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/packet.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/prompt.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/proxy/errors.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/proxy/http.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/proxy/socks4.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/proxy/socks5.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/ruby_compat.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/service/forward.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/channel.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/extensions.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/kex.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/local_packet.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/packet.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/remote_packet.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/script.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/socket.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/algorithms.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/cipher_factory.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/constants.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/abstract.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/md5.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/md5_96.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/none.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/sha1.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/sha1_96.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/identity_cipher.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/kex.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/kex/diffie_hellman_group1_sha1.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/kex/diffie_hellman_group_exchange_sha1.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/openssl.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/packet_stream.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/server_version.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/session.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/state.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/verifiers/lenient.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/verifiers/null.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/verifiers/strict.rb
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/version.rb

This bug is assigned to both packages. If you, the maintainers of
the two packages in question, have agreed on which of the packages will
resolve the problem please reassign the bug to that package.

-Ralf.

PS: for more information about the detection of file overwrite errors
of this kind see http://edos.debian.net/file-overwrites/.




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>:
Bug#572036; Package libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1,libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1. (Tue, 02 Mar 2010 03:51:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>. (Tue, 02 Mar 2010 03:51:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 572036@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>
To: Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr>, 572036@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#572036: libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1 and libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1: error when trying to install together
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:40:17 +0900
Hello,
Thank you for reporting.

Ouch! I didn't notice net-ssh2 was already packaged...
It's my mistake. But I cannot revert version.

So I should remove libnet-ssh-ruby from arhive. Because
net-ssh 2 already packaged, net-ssh 1 was not needed basically.

>>> In Message "Bug#572036: libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1 and libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1: error when trying to install together"
>>>            <E1Nm04C-0002co-QR@seneca.free.fr>,
>>> Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr>  said;
> Package: libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1,libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1
> Version: libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1/2.0.15-1
> Version: libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1/2.0.15-1
> Severity: serious
> User: treinen@debian.org
> Usertags: edos-file-overwrite

> Date: 2010-02-28
> Architecture: amd64
> Distribution: sid

> Hi,

> automatic installation tests of packages that share a file and at the
> same time do not conflict by their package dependency relationships has
> detected the following problem:


> WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
>   libruby1.9.1 libopenssl-ruby1.9.1 libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1 ruby1.9.1
>   libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1
> W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5407727
> W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5407760
> W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5406857
> Authentication warning overridden.
> Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
> Selecting previously deselected package libruby1.9.1.
> (Reading database ... 12294 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking libruby1.9.1 (from .../libruby1.9.1_1.9.1.378-1_amd64.deb) ...
> Selecting previously deselected package libopenssl-ruby1.9.1.
> Unpacking libopenssl-ruby1.9.1 (from .../libopenssl-ruby1.9.1_1.9.1.378-1_amd64.deb) ...
> Selecting previously deselected package libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1.
> Unpacking libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1 (from .../libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1_2.0.15-1_all.deb) ...
> Selecting previously deselected package ruby1.9.1.
> Unpacking ruby1.9.1 (from .../ruby1.9.1_1.9.1.378-1_amd64.deb) ...
> Selecting previously deselected package libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1.
> Unpacking libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1 (from .../libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1_2.0.15-1_all.deb) ...
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1_2.0.15-1_all.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh.rb', which is also in package libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1 0:2.0.15-1
> Processing triggers for man-db ...
> W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5407727
> W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5407760
> W: cowdancer: unsupported operation flock, read-only open and fchown/fchmod/flock are not supported: tried openning dev:inode of 2055:5406857
> Errors were encountered while processing:
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1_2.0.15-1_all.deb
> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)


> This is a serious bug as it makes installation fail, and violates
> sections 7.6.1 and 10.1 of the policy. An optimal solution would
> consist in only one of the packages installing that file, and renaming
> or removing the file in the other package. Depending on the
> circumstances you might also consider Replace relations or file
> diversions. If the conflicting situation cannot be resolved then, as a
> last resort, the two packages have to declare a mutual
> Conflict. Please take into account that Replaces, Conflicts and
> diversions should only be used when packages provide different
> implementations for the same functionality.

> Here is a list of files that are known to be shared by both packages
> (according to the Contents file for sid/amd64, which may be
> slightly out of sync):

>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/agent.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/constants.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/key_manager.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/methods/abstract.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/methods/hostbased.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/methods/keyboard_interactive.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/methods/password.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/methods/publickey.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/pageant.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/authentication/session.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/buffer.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/buffered_io.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/config.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/connection/channel.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/connection/constants.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/connection/session.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/connection/term.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/errors.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/key_factory.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/known_hosts.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/loggable.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/packet.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/prompt.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/proxy/errors.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/proxy/http.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/proxy/socks4.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/proxy/socks5.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/ruby_compat.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/service/forward.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/channel.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/extensions.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/kex.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/local_packet.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/packet.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/remote_packet.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/script.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/test/socket.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/algorithms.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/cipher_factory.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/constants.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/abstract.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/md5.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/md5_96.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/none.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/sha1.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/hmac/sha1_96.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/identity_cipher.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/kex.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/kex/diffie_hellman_group1_sha1.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/kex/diffie_hellman_group_exchange_sha1.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/openssl.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/packet_stream.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/server_version.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/session.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/transport/state.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/verifiers/lenient.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/verifiers/null.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/verifiers/strict.rb
>   /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ssh/version.rb

> This bug is assigned to both packages. If you, the maintainers of
> the two packages in question, have agreed on which of the packages will
> resolve the problem please reassign the bug to that package.

> -Ralf.

> PS: for more information about the detection of file overwrite errors
> of this kind see http://edos.debian.net/file-overwrites/.



-- 
Tatsuki Sugiura   mailto:sugi@nemui.org




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>, Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>:
Bug#572036; Package libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1,libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1. (Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:27:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>, Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>. (Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:27:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 572036@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>, 572036@bugs.debian.org, control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#572036: libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1 and libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1: error when trying to install together
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:24:11 +0100
reassign 572036 ftp.debian.org
retitle 572036 RM: libnet-ssh-ruby -- RoQA; superseded by libnet-ssh2-ruby
severity 572036 normal
thanks

Hello,

On 02/03/10 at 12:40 +0900, Tatsuki Sugiura wrote:
> Hello,
> Thank you for reporting.
> 
> Ouch! I didn't notice net-ssh2 was already packaged...
> It's my mistake. But I cannot revert version.
> 
> So I should remove libnet-ssh-ruby from arhive. Because
> net-ssh 2 already packaged, net-ssh 1 was not needed basically.

OK, requesting the removal for you, since it's blocking the migration
to testing for many packages.

Thank you,
-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Bug reassigned from package 'libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1,libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1' to 'ftp.debian.org'. Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:27:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Changed Bug title to 'RM: libnet-ssh-ruby -- RoQA; superseded by libnet-ssh2-ruby' from 'libnet-ssh2-ruby1.9.1 and libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1: error when trying to install together' Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:27:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Severity set to 'normal' from 'serious' Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:27:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Reply sent to Debian Archive Maintenance <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:51:16 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:51:16 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #26 received at 572036-close@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Debian Archive Maintenance <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>
To: 572036-close@bugs.debian.org
Cc: libnet-ssh-ruby@packages.debian.org, libnet-ssh-ruby@packages.qa.debian.org
Subject: Bug#572036: Removed package(s) from unstable
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:50:00 +0000
We believe that the bug you reported is now fixed; the following
package(s) have been removed from unstable:

libnet-ssh-ruby |   2.0.15-1 | source
libnet-ssh-ruby1.8 |   2.0.15-1 | all
libnet-ssh-ruby1.9.1 |   2.0.15-1 | all

------------------- Reason -------------------
RoQA; superseded by libnet-ssh2-ruby
----------------------------------------------

Note that the package(s) have simply been removed from the tag
database and may (or may not) still be in the pool; this is not a bug.
The package(s) will be physically removed automatically when no suite
references them (and in the case of source, when no binary references
it).  Please also remember that the changes have been done on the
master archive (ftp-master.debian.org) and will not propagate to any
mirrors (ftp.debian.org included) until the next cron.daily run at the
earliest.

Packages are usually not removed from testing by hand. Testing tracks
unstable and will automatically remove packages which were removed
from unstable when removing them from testing causes no dependency
problems. The release team can force a removal from testing if it is
really needed, please contact them if this should be the case.

Bugs which have been reported against this package are not automatically
removed from the Bug Tracking System.  Please check all open bugs and
close them or re-assign them to another package if the removed package
was superseded by another one.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to 572036@bugs.debian.org.

The full log for this bug can be viewed at http://bugs.debian.org/572036

This message was generated automatically; if you believe that there is
a problem with it please contact the archive administrators by mailing
ftpmaster@debian.org.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Torsten Werner (the ftpmaster behind the curtain)




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#572036; Package ftp.debian.org. (Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:12:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. (Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:12:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #31 received at 572036@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>
To: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>
Cc: Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>, Taku YASUI <tach@debian.or.jp>, Debian Ruby Extras Maintainers <pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>, 575185@bugs.debian.org, 572036@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Repeated package: libnet-sftp-ruby, libnet-sftp2-ruby
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:08:50 +0900
Hello,
Please excuse for my miss mail.

I forgot to write this sentence;

Please wait to remove libnet-scp2-ruby.

Best Regards,

>>> In Message "Re: Repeated package: libnet-sftp-ruby, libnet-sftp2-ruby"
>>>            <87wrx2z2yo.wl@sugi.office.osdn.jp>,
>>> Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>  said;
> Hello all,

> This is my miss. First, I'm sorry for no action in some days
> and didn't notice net-ssh2, and net-scp2 was already packaged.

> Upstream distributes both (1.x and 2.x). I think it's convenient
> so on debian. I should revert version of libnetnet-ssh-ruby and
> libnet-scp-ruby to 1.x version with epoch and upload again.
> I'll fix package tonight.

> Regards,

> >>> In Message "Repeated package: libnet-sftp-ruby, libnet-sftp2-ruby"
> >>>            <20100324031753.GA32351@malenkaya.gwolf.org>,
> >>> Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>  said;
> > Hi,

> > Trying to clean up so that libnet-ssh2-ruby can migrate into testing¹,
> > I found it was complaining because there are still some depending
> > packages which have a ruby1.9 binary package. One of them is
> > libnet-sftp2-ruby. 

> > Now, this is a repeated package - There is also libnet-sftp-ruby,
> > which has the same contents (up to the package description!):

> > $ debdiff libnet-sftp2-ruby1.8_2.0.2-1_all.deb libnet-sftp-ruby1.8_2.0.3-1_all.deb
> > [The following lists of changes regard files as different if they have
> > different names, permissions or owners.]

> > Files in second .deb but not in first
> > -------------------------------------
> > -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp-ruby1.8/README.rdoc
> > -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp-ruby1.8/changelog.Debian.gz
> > -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp-ruby1.8/changelog.gz
> > -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp-ruby1.8/copyright

> > Files in first .deb but not in second
> > -------------------------------------
> > -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp2-ruby1.8/changelog.Debian.gz
> > -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp2-ruby1.8/copyright

> > Control files: lines which differ (wdiff format)
> > ------------------------------------------------
> > Depends: [-libnet-ssh2-ruby1.8, ruby1.8-] {+libnet-ssh-ruby1.8 (>= 2.0.0)+}
> > Description: [-Ruby implementation of the SFTP protocol-] {+pure ruby module that emulates an sftp client+}
> >  {+.+}
> > {+ FEATURES/PROBLEMS:+}
> > {+   * Transfer files or even entire directory trees+}
> > {+     to or from a remote host via SFTP+}
> > {+   * Completely supports all six protocol versions+}
> > {+   * Asynchronous and synchronous operation+}
> > {+   * Read and write files using an IO-like interface+}
> > Homepage: [-http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org/-] {+http://rubyforge.org/projects/net-ssh/+}
> > Installed-Size: [-280-] {+212+}
> > Maintainer: [-Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>-] {+Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>+}
> > Package: [-libnet-sftp2-ruby1.8-] {+libnet-sftp-ruby1.8+}
> > [-Replaces: libnet-sftp-ruby1.8-]
> > {+Provides: libnet-sftp-ruby, libnet-sftp-ruby2+}
> > Source: [-libnet-sftp2-ruby-] {+libnet-sftp-ruby+}
> > Version: [-2.0.2-1-] {+2.0.3-1+}

> > I am reporting a bug on ftp.debian.org requesting libnet-sftp2-ruby's
> > removal. libnet-sftp-ruby is an older package (i.e. has existed in our
> > archive for longer) and seems to be more up to date regarding its
> > maintenance status. As soon as I have a bug number assigned, I will
> > reply to this message so it can be followed up, or in case you want
> > this _not_ to happen.

> > Greetings,

> > ¹ http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=libnet-ssh2-ruby

> > -- 
> > Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244


> -- 
> Tatsuki Sugiura   mailto:sugi@nemui.org

-- 
Tatsuki Sugiura   mailto:sugi@




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#572036; Package ftp.debian.org. (Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:36:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. (Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:36:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #36 received at 572036@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>
To: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>
Cc: Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>, Taku YASUI <tach@debian.or.jp>, Debian Ruby Extras Maintainers <pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>, 575185@bugs.debian.org, 572036@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Repeated package: libnet-sftp-ruby, libnet-sftp2-ruby
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:46:39 +0900
Hello all,

This is my miss. First, I'm sorry for no action in some days
and didn't notice net-ssh2, and net-scp2 was already packaged.

Upstream distributes both (1.x and 2.x). I think it's convenient
so on debian. I should revert version of libnetnet-ssh-ruby and
libnet-scp-ruby to 1.x version with epoch and upload again.
I'll fix package tonight.

Regards,

>>> In Message "Repeated package: libnet-sftp-ruby, libnet-sftp2-ruby"
>>>            <20100324031753.GA32351@malenkaya.gwolf.org>,
>>> Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>  said;
> Hi,

> Trying to clean up so that libnet-ssh2-ruby can migrate into testing¹,
> I found it was complaining because there are still some depending
> packages which have a ruby1.9 binary package. One of them is
> libnet-sftp2-ruby. 

> Now, this is a repeated package - There is also libnet-sftp-ruby,
> which has the same contents (up to the package description!):

> $ debdiff libnet-sftp2-ruby1.8_2.0.2-1_all.deb libnet-sftp-ruby1.8_2.0.3-1_all.deb
> [The following lists of changes regard files as different if they have
> different names, permissions or owners.]

> Files in second .deb but not in first
> -------------------------------------
> -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp-ruby1.8/README.rdoc
> -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp-ruby1.8/changelog.Debian.gz
> -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp-ruby1.8/changelog.gz
> -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp-ruby1.8/copyright

> Files in first .deb but not in second
> -------------------------------------
> -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp2-ruby1.8/changelog.Debian.gz
> -rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/libnet-sftp2-ruby1.8/copyright

> Control files: lines which differ (wdiff format)
> ------------------------------------------------
> Depends: [-libnet-ssh2-ruby1.8, ruby1.8-] {+libnet-ssh-ruby1.8 (>= 2.0.0)+}
> Description: [-Ruby implementation of the SFTP protocol-] {+pure ruby module that emulates an sftp client+}
>  {+.+}
> {+ FEATURES/PROBLEMS:+}
> {+   * Transfer files or even entire directory trees+}
> {+     to or from a remote host via SFTP+}
> {+   * Completely supports all six protocol versions+}
> {+   * Asynchronous and synchronous operation+}
> {+   * Read and write files using an IO-like interface+}
> Homepage: [-http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org/-] {+http://rubyforge.org/projects/net-ssh/+}
> Installed-Size: [-280-] {+212+}
> Maintainer: [-Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>-] {+Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>+}
> Package: [-libnet-sftp2-ruby1.8-] {+libnet-sftp-ruby1.8+}
> [-Replaces: libnet-sftp-ruby1.8-]
> {+Provides: libnet-sftp-ruby, libnet-sftp-ruby2+}
> Source: [-libnet-sftp2-ruby-] {+libnet-sftp-ruby+}
> Version: [-2.0.2-1-] {+2.0.3-1+}

> I am reporting a bug on ftp.debian.org requesting libnet-sftp2-ruby's
> removal. libnet-sftp-ruby is an older package (i.e. has existed in our
> archive for longer) and seems to be more up to date regarding its
> maintenance status. As soon as I have a bug number assigned, I will
> reply to this message so it can be followed up, or in case you want
> this _not_ to happen.

> Greetings,

> ¹ http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=libnet-ssh2-ruby

> -- 
> Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244


-- 
Tatsuki Sugiura   mailto:sugi@nemui.org




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#572036; Package ftp.debian.org. (Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:27:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. (Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:27:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #41 received at 572036@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>
To: Tatsuki Sugiura <sugi@nemui.org>
Cc: Christopher Lunsford <binarymutant@gmail.com>, Taku YASUI <tach@debian.or.jp>, Debian Ruby Extras Maintainers <pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>, 575185-done@bugs.debian.org, 572036@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Repeated package: libnet-sftp-ruby, libnet-sftp2-ruby
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:23:52 -0600
Tatsuki Sugiura dijo [Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 02:46:39PM +0900]:
> Hello all,
> 
> This is my miss. First, I'm sorry for no action in some days
> and didn't notice net-ssh2, and net-scp2 was already packaged.
> 
> Upstream distributes both (1.x and 2.x). I think it's convenient
> so on debian. I should revert version of libnetnet-ssh-ruby and
> libnet-scp-ruby to 1.x version with epoch and upload again.
> I'll fix package tonight.

Ok, thanks a lot - I will then go on fixing libnet-sftp2-ruby. I am
closing the bug I opened yesterday (but am leaving 572036 open for you
to close).

-- 
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244




Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 22 Apr 2010 07:34:42 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Wed Apr 16 11:00:24 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.