Debian Bug report logs - #570231
octave3.2: Errors in working with complex matrices on i386

version graph

Package: octave3.2; Maintainer for octave3.2 is Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>;

Reported by: Steven De Herdt <steven.deherdt@gmail.com>

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:48:02 UTC

Severity: normal

Found in version octave3.2/3.2.4-1

Done: Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#570231; Package octave3.2. (Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:48:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Steven De Herdt <steven.deherdt@gmail.com>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:48:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Steven De Herdt <steven.deherdt@gmail.com>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: octave3.2: Errors in working with complex matrices on i386
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:20:55 +0100
Package: octave3.2
Version: 3.2.4-1
Severity: normal

While working with complex matrices, I noticed strange things going on.
Some searching showed that there is definitely something wrong:

octave3.2:2> a=orth(randn(3));
octave3.2:3> a'*a
ans =

   1.0000e+00  -1.0742e-16   2.2264e-16
  -1.0742e-16   1.0000e+00  -3.1537e-17
   2.2264e-16  -3.1537e-17   1.0000e+00

octave3.2:4> b=orth(randn(3)+J*randn(3));
octave3.2:5> b'*b
ans =

   1.06482 + 0.00000i   0.10484 + 0.51574i   0.14882 + 0.71172i
   0.10484 - 0.51574i   0.90395 + 0.00000i  -0.07914 + 0.08895i
   0.14882 - 0.71172i  -0.07914 - 0.08895i   1.06476 + 0.00000i 

The result is Hermitian, but not quite unitary.
This also happens on octave3.0, but not on amd64 (either version).

A look through Octave's own bug reports produces e.g. 
http://old.nabble.com/wrong-output-for-complex-scalar-product-to26766409.html and
http://old.nabble.com/Wrong-results-for-svd-on-complex-numbers-to27079479.html ,
so this kind of problem is not unheard of.

Depending on one's needs, this may be an 'important' bug.


-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-trunk-686 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages octave3.2 depends on:
ii  libamd2.2.0      1:3.4.0-1               approximate minimum degree orderin
ii  libarpack2       2.1+parpack96.dfsg-2+b1 Fortran77 subroutines to solve lar
ii  libatlas3gf-base 3.6.0-24                Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra
ii  libatlas3gf-sse2 3.6.0-24                Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra
ii  libblas3gf [libb 1.2-2                   Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines 3
ii  libbz2-1.0       1.0.5-4                 high-quality block-sorting file co
ii  libc6            2.10.2-2                GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libcamd2.2.0     1:3.4.0-1               symmetric approximate minimum degr
ii  libccolamd2.7.1  1:3.4.0-1               constrained column approximate lib
ii  libcholmod1.7.1  1:3.4.0-1               sparse Cholesky factorization libr
ii  libcolamd2.7.1   1:3.4.0-1               column approximate minimum degree 
ii  libcurl3-gnutls  7.19.7-1                Multi-protocol file transfer libra
ii  libcxsparse2.2.3 1:3.4.0-1               concise sparse matrix library (com
ii  libfftw3-3       3.2.2-1                 library for computing Fast Fourier
ii  libfltk1.1       1.1.10-2                Fast Light Toolkit - shared librar
ii  libfreetype6     2.3.11-1                FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib
ii  libftgl2         2.1.3~rc5-3             library to render text in OpenGL u
ii  libgcc1          1:4.4.2-9               GCC support library
ii  libgfortran3     4.4.2-9                 Runtime library for GNU Fortran ap
ii  libgl1-mesa-glx  7.6.1-1                 A free implementation of the OpenG
ii  libglpk0         4.38-1                  linear programming kit with intege
ii  libglu1-mesa [li 7.6.1-1                 The OpenGL utility library (GLU)
ii  libgomp1         4.4.2-9                 GCC OpenMP (GOMP) support library
ii  libgraphicsmagic 1.3.8-1                 format-independent image processin
ii  libgraphicsmagic 1.3.8-1                 format-independent image processin
ii  libhdf5-serial-1 1.8.4-5                 Hierarchical Data Format 5 (HDF5) 
ii  libice6          2:1.0.6-1               X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
ii  libjasper1       1.900.1-6.1             The JasPer JPEG-2000 runtime libra
ii  libjpeg62        6b-15                   The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG 
ii  liblapack3gf [li 3.2.1-2                 library of linear algebra routines
ii  liblcms1         1.18.dfsg-1.2+b1        Color management library
ii  libltdl7         2.2.6b-2                A system independent dlopen wrappe
ii  libncurses5      5.7+20090803-2          shared libraries for terminal hand
ii  libpcre3         7.8-3                   Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expressi
ii  libpng12-0       1.2.42-1                PNG library - runtime
ii  libqhull5        2009.1-1                calculate convex hulls and related
ii  libqrupdate1     1.0.1-1                 Fast updates of QR and Cholesky de
ii  libreadline6     6.1-1                   GNU readline and history libraries
ii  libsm6           2:1.1.1-1               X11 Session Management library
ii  libstdc++6       4.4.2-9                 The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libtiff4         3.9.2-2                 Tag Image File Format (TIFF) libra
ii  libumfpack5.4.0  1:3.4.0-1               sparse LU factorization library
ii  libwmf0.2-7      0.2.8.4-6.1             Windows metafile conversion librar
ii  libx11-6         2:1.3.3-1               X11 client-side library
ii  libxext6         2:1.1.1-2               X11 miscellaneous extension librar
ii  libxml2          2.7.6.dfsg-2+b1         GNOME XML library
ii  octave3.2-common 3.2.4-1                 architecture-independent files for
ii  texinfo          4.13a.dfsg.1-5          Documentation system for on-line i
ii  zlib1g           1:1.2.3.4.dfsg-3        compression library - runtime

Versions of packages octave3.2 recommends:
ii  gnuplot                       4.2.6-1    A command-line driven interactive 
ii  libatlas3gf-base              3.6.0-24   Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra

Versions of packages octave3.2 suggests:
ii  octave3.2-doc                 3.2.3-1    PDF documentation on the GNU Octav
pn  octave3.2-emacsen             <none>     (no description available)
pn  octave3.2-headers             <none>     (no description available)
ii  octave3.2-htmldoc             3.2.3-1    HTML documentation on the GNU Octa
pn  octave3.2-info                <none>     (no description available)

-- no debconf information





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#570231; Package octave3.2. (Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:18:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "John W. Eaton" <jwe@octave.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:18:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 570231@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "John W. Eaton" <jwe@octave.org>
To: Steven De Herdt <steven.deherdt@gmail.com>, 570231@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: [Pkg-octave-devel] Bug#570231: octave3.2: Errors in working with complex matrices on i386
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:12:28 -0500
On 17-Feb-2010, Steven De Herdt wrote:

| While working with complex matrices, I noticed strange things going on.
| Some searching showed that there is definitely something wrong:
| 
| octave3.2:2> a=orth(randn(3));
| octave3.2:3> a'*a
| ans =
| 
|    1.0000e+00  -1.0742e-16   2.2264e-16
|   -1.0742e-16   1.0000e+00  -3.1537e-17
|    2.2264e-16  -3.1537e-17   1.0000e+00
| 
| octave3.2:4> b=orth(randn(3)+J*randn(3));
| octave3.2:5> b'*b
| ans =
| 
|    1.06482 + 0.00000i   0.10484 + 0.51574i   0.14882 + 0.71172i
|    0.10484 - 0.51574i   0.90395 + 0.00000i  -0.07914 + 0.08895i
|    0.14882 - 0.71172i  -0.07914 - 0.08895i   1.06476 + 0.00000i 
| 
| The result is Hermitian, but not quite unitary.
| This also happens on octave3.0, but not on amd64 (either version).
| 
| A look through Octave's own bug reports produces e.g. 
| http://old.nabble.com/wrong-output-for-complex-scalar-product-to26766409.html and
| http://old.nabble.com/Wrong-results-for-svd-on-complex-numbers-to27079479.html ,
| so this kind of problem is not unheard of.
| 
| Depending on one's needs, this may be an 'important' bug.

I don't see this result on my system (Debian testing, amd64).

I suspect a bug in the lapack package on your system.

jwe




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#570231; Package octave3.2. (Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:54:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:54:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 570231@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>
To: Steven De Herdt <steven.deherdt@gmail.com>, 570231@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Bug#570231: octave3.2: Errors in working with complex matrices on i386
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:50:52 +0100
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 02:20:55PM +0100, Steven De Herdt wrote:
> Package: octave3.2
> Version: 3.2.4-1
> Severity: normal
> 
> While working with complex matrices, I noticed strange things going on.
> Some searching showed that there is definitely something wrong:
> 
> octave3.2:2> a=orth(randn(3));
> octave3.2:3> a'*a
> ans =
> 
>    1.0000e+00  -1.0742e-16   2.2264e-16
>   -1.0742e-16   1.0000e+00  -3.1537e-17
>    2.2264e-16  -3.1537e-17   1.0000e+00
> 
> octave3.2:4> b=orth(randn(3)+J*randn(3));
> octave3.2:5> b'*b
> ans =
> 
>    1.06482 + 0.00000i   0.10484 + 0.51574i   0.14882 + 0.71172i
>    0.10484 - 0.51574i   0.90395 + 0.00000i  -0.07914 + 0.08895i
>    0.14882 - 0.71172i  -0.07914 - 0.08895i   1.06476 + 0.00000i 
> 
> The result is Hermitian, but not quite unitary.
> This also happens on octave3.0, but not on amd64 (either version).
> 
> A look through Octave's own bug reports produces e.g. 
> http://old.nabble.com/wrong-output-for-complex-scalar-product-to26766409.html and
> http://old.nabble.com/Wrong-results-for-svd-on-complex-numbers-to27079479.html ,
> so this kind of problem is not unheard of.
> 
> Depending on one's needs, this may be an 'important' bug.

Hmm, this looks like 
http://bugs.debian.org/569436

And indeed, I can reproduce the example from there in a sid chroot.

However, according to the rest of your mail, you have ATLAS installed,
which is strange.

> ii  libatlas3gf-base 3.6.0-24                Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra
> ii  libatlas3gf-sse2 3.6.0-24                Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra

Could you use the example from the above bug report and see if
uninstalling the optimized libraries helps?

==============================================================================
A = [1 2 3; 4 5 6; 7 8 9] * 1j;
[U, S, V] = svd(A);
disp(U);

The correct U is:

  -0.000000 - 0.214837i  -0.000000 - 0.887231i  -0.402839 - 0.066237i
   0.000000 - 0.520587i   0.000000 - 0.249644i   0.805678 + 0.132474i
   0.000000 - 0.826338i   0.000000 + 0.387943i  -0.402839 - 0.066237i

But in the chroot, I get:

  -0.00000 - 0.88741i  -0.00000 - 0.88723i  -0.39566 - 0.10061i
   0.00000 - 0.25007i  -0.00000 - 0.24964i   0.79131 + 0.20122i
   0.00000 + 0.38726i   0.00000 + 0.38794i  -0.39566 - 0.10061i
==============================================================================

Thanks
	Thomas




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#570231; Package octave3.2. (Wed, 17 Feb 2010 23:57:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Steven De Herdt <steven.deherdt@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Wed, 17 Feb 2010 23:57:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 570231@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Steven De Herdt <steven.deherdt@gmail.com>
To: Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>, 570231@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Bug#570231: octave3.2: Errors in working with complex matrices on i386
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 00:55:21 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Thomas Weber
<thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>wrote:

> Could you use the example from the above bug report and see if
> uninstalling the optimized libraries helps?
>
 No problem:

**with libatlas3gf-sse2:

octave:1> a = [1 2 3; 4 5 6; 7 8 9]*J;
octave:2> [u,s,v]=svd(a)
u =

  -0.032510 - 0.122510i   0.334536 - 0.011954i   0.112290 + 0.000145i
   0.045563 - 0.535097i  -0.458023 + 0.414578i   0.736504 + 0.051393i
   0.070008 - 0.854667i  -0.724855 - 0.113233i  -0.608726 + 0.014930i

s =

Diagonal Matrix

   17.224974           0           0
           0    0.922528           0
           0           0    0.043549

v =

  -0.46941 - 0.00000i  -0.85522 - 0.00000i   0.21966 + 0.00000i
  -0.56108 - 0.11783i   0.19894 + 0.22349i  -0.42448 + 0.61832i
  -0.64827 - 0.17467i   0.39474 - 0.06283i   0.15152 - 0.61790i

octave:3> u*s*v'
ans =

  -0.00000 + 1.00000i   0.61970 + 1.04384i   0.85486 + 1.28824i
   0.00000 + 4.00000i   0.63485 + 5.41375i   0.91378 + 6.25676i
   0.00000 + 7.00000i   0.91329 + 8.54694i   1.52782 + 9.65463i


**without libatlas3gf-sse2:

octave:1> a = [1 2 3; 4 5 6; 7 8 9]*J;
octave:2> [u,s,v]=svd(a)
u =

  -0.000000 - 0.214837i  -0.000000 - 0.887231i  -0.406669 - 0.035873i
   0.000000 - 0.520587i   0.000000 - 0.249644i   0.813338 + 0.071746i
   0.000000 - 0.826338i   0.000000 + 0.387943i  -0.406669 - 0.035873i

s =

Diagonal Matrix

   1.6848e+01            0            0
            0   1.0684e+00            0
            0            0   9.1627e-16

v =

  -0.47967 - 0.00000i   0.77669 + 0.00000i   0.40825 + 0.00000i
  -0.57237 - 0.00000i   0.07569 - 0.00000i  -0.81650 + 0.00000i
  -0.66506 + 0.00000i  -0.62532 + 0.00000i   0.40825 - 0.00000i

octave:3> u*s*v'
ans =

  -0.0000 + 1.0000i   0.0000 + 2.0000i   0.0000 + 3.0000i
   0.0000 + 4.0000i  -0.0000 + 5.0000i  -0.0000 + 6.0000i
   0.0000 + 7.0000i  -0.0000 + 8.0000i  -0.0000 + 9.0000i

(note that U(:,3) is not quite relevant for this rank-2 matrix)

Package libatlas3gf-sse2 has
http://bugs.debian.org/<http://bugs.debian.org/569436>517826
and the test mentioned fails with and succeeds without it.  Should this bug
be moved there?

Greetings
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#570231; Package octave3.2. (Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #25 received at 570231@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>
To: Steven De Herdt <steven.deherdt@gmail.com>
Cc: 570231@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Bug#570231: octave3.2: Errors in working with complex matrices on i386
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:41:11 +0100
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:55:21AM +0100, Steven De Herdt wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Thomas Weber
> <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>wrote:
> 
> > Could you use the example from the above bug report and see if
> > uninstalling the optimized libraries helps?
> >
>  No problem:
> 
> **with libatlas3gf-sse2:
> 
> octave:1> a = [1 2 3; 4 5 6; 7 8 9]*J;
> octave:2> [u,s,v]=svd(a)
> u =
> 
>   -0.032510 - 0.122510i   0.334536 - 0.011954i   0.112290 + 0.000145i
>    0.045563 - 0.535097i  -0.458023 + 0.414578i   0.736504 + 0.051393i
>    0.070008 - 0.854667i  -0.724855 - 0.113233i  -0.608726 + 0.014930i
> 
> s =
> 
> Diagonal Matrix
> 
>    17.224974           0           0
>            0    0.922528           0
>            0           0    0.043549
> 
> v =
> 
>   -0.46941 - 0.00000i  -0.85522 - 0.00000i   0.21966 + 0.00000i
>   -0.56108 - 0.11783i   0.19894 + 0.22349i  -0.42448 + 0.61832i
>   -0.64827 - 0.17467i   0.39474 - 0.06283i   0.15152 - 0.61790i
> 
> octave:3> u*s*v'
> ans =
> 
>   -0.00000 + 1.00000i   0.61970 + 1.04384i   0.85486 + 1.28824i
>    0.00000 + 4.00000i   0.63485 + 5.41375i   0.91378 + 6.25676i
>    0.00000 + 7.00000i   0.91329 + 8.54694i   1.52782 + 9.65463i
> 
> 
> **without libatlas3gf-sse2:
> 
> octave:1> a = [1 2 3; 4 5 6; 7 8 9]*J;
> octave:2> [u,s,v]=svd(a)
> u =
> 
>   -0.000000 - 0.214837i  -0.000000 - 0.887231i  -0.406669 - 0.035873i
>    0.000000 - 0.520587i   0.000000 - 0.249644i   0.813338 + 0.071746i
>    0.000000 - 0.826338i   0.000000 + 0.387943i  -0.406669 - 0.035873i
> 
> s =
> 
> Diagonal Matrix
> 
>    1.6848e+01            0            0
>             0   1.0684e+00            0
>             0            0   9.1627e-16
> 
> v =
> 
>   -0.47967 - 0.00000i   0.77669 + 0.00000i   0.40825 + 0.00000i
>   -0.57237 - 0.00000i   0.07569 - 0.00000i  -0.81650 + 0.00000i
>   -0.66506 + 0.00000i  -0.62532 + 0.00000i   0.40825 - 0.00000i
> 
> octave:3> u*s*v'
> ans =
> 
>   -0.0000 + 1.0000i   0.0000 + 2.0000i   0.0000 + 3.0000i
>    0.0000 + 4.0000i  -0.0000 + 5.0000i  -0.0000 + 6.0000i
>    0.0000 + 7.0000i  -0.0000 + 8.0000i  -0.0000 + 9.0000i
> 
> (note that U(:,3) is not quite relevant for this rank-2 matrix)

Okay, so the fault is in the sse2 packages.

> Package libatlas3gf-sse2 has
> http://bugs.debian.org/<http://bugs.debian.org/569436>517826
> and the test mentioned fails with and succeeds without it.  Should this bug
> be moved there?

No, there is already a bug there and I want to know when there are
problems in Octave or libraries used by it.

Thanks
	Thomas




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#570231; Package octave3.2. (Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:21:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:21:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #30 received at 570231@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org>
To: 570231@bugs.debian.org
Subject: test with atlas from experimental
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:18:19 +0100
Hello

Could you install the relevant atlas package from experimental to see if
it happens again ?

Thanks
Sylvestre






Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#570231; Package octave3.2. (Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:45:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #35 received at 570231@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>
To: Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org>, 570231@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Bug#570231: test with atlas from experimental
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:40:40 +0100
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:18:19AM +0100, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Hello
> 
> Could you install the relevant atlas package from experimental to see if
> it happens again ?

Just for the record (and so it's in the bug report), this bug is fixed
by Atlas 3.8 from experimental.

(I already send such a message to Sylvestre in the other bug report, but
our messages crossed).

	Thomas




Reply sent to Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Wed, 19 May 2010 20:33:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Steven De Herdt <steven.deherdt@gmail.com>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Wed, 19 May 2010 20:33:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #40 received at 570231-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org>
To: Steven De Herdt <steven.deherdt@gmail.com>
Cc: 570231-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Bug#570231: Bug#570231: octave3.2: Errors in working with complex matrices on i386
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:31:58 +0200
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 09:41:11AM +0100, Thomas Weber wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:55:21AM +0100, Steven De Herdt wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Thomas Weber
> > <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>wrote:

<snip>

> 
> Okay, so the fault is in the sse2 packages.
> 
> > Package libatlas3gf-sse2 has
> > http://bugs.debian.org/<http://bugs.debian.org/569436>517826
> > and the test mentioned fails with and succeeds without it.  Should this bug
> > be moved there?
> 
> No, there is already a bug there and I want to know when there are
> problems in Octave or libraries used by it.

Atlas 3.8 was uploaded some time ago and fixes this error, so I'm
closing this bug. Let's cross our finger that it will make it into
Squeeze :)

	Thomas




Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 17 Jun 2010 07:33:20 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Wed Apr 16 13:57:46 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.