Debian Bug report logs - #547314
RM: tsclient -- ROM: unmaintained, better alternatives

Package: ftp.debian.org; Maintainer for ftp.debian.org is Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>;

Reported by: Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:48:01 UTC

Owned by: krlos.aqp@gmail.com

Severity: normal

Done: Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, pochu@debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#547314; Package ftp.debian.org. (Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:48:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to pochu@debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. (Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:48:13 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: RM: tsclient -- ROM; Unmaintained, better alternatives
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:23:24 +0200
Package: ftp.debian.org
Severity: normal

Hi,

tsclient has been unmaintained upstream for a long time.
We have kept it because we lacked a client for RDP, but
now that grdc is in the archive, which is maintained and
much better than tsclient, it can be removed.

Thanks,
Emilio




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#547314; Package ftp.debian.org. (Sat, 19 Sep 2009 03:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. (Sat, 19 Sep 2009 03:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>
To: WNPP Monitor <lucas@debian.org>, 547314@bugs.debian.org
Cc: tsclient@packages.qa.debian.org
Subject: Re: [wnpp] removal of tsclient has been requested!
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 23:03:39 -0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
"Better" is pretty subjective and may be jumping the gun considering
tsclient has features lacking in grdc.  I do not have the most current
version of grdc (I have 0.3.0), but the version that I have lacks a
fullscreen mode selection, sound redirection, keyboard features, remotely
mapping disk drive, remotely mapping printers, start program on connect,
motion events option, wm decorations, and attach to console.  In grdc's
defense, grdc seems to have an option for compression lacking in tsclient.

If grdc has included all of this functionality, then I agree, remove the
non-maintained tsclient.  Is the problem that rdesktop's current version is
becoming difficult to compile on newer versions of Debian?  If neither of
these, however, please remember that this package may not be the most
popular package, but for the people who use it - it is extremely important.
Removing a package that provides interoperability with other systems is a
very serious thing.  I know that the underlying rdesktop is always
available, but that's not a simple replacement for tsclient.  I wish that
tsclient was installed by default, but this is unlikely and probably not
practical considering it is not well-maintained.

Full-disclosure: I recently wrote the patch to tsclient for printer
redirection (which I use every day) which just made it in the upstream but
hasn't been released.  I would of course like to see this make it to a
distro.  Most importantly, I would like this and the above-stated
functionality to be available.  If grdc can do these things, I have no
objection whatsoever to removing tsclient.

-Joseph Miller
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#547314; Package ftp.debian.org. (Sat, 19 Sep 2009 06:42:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. (Sat, 19 Sep 2009 06:42:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>, pochu@debian.org
Cc: 547314@bugs.debian.org, control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [wnpp] removal of tsclient has been requested!
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:09:42 +0200
retitle 547314 RM: tsclient -- ROM; Unmaintained, better alternatives [PLEASE WAIT]
thanks

Hi Emilio, hi Joseph,

Emilio, have you seen that message from Joseph?

Joseph, have you considered adopting the package yourself?

 - Lucas

On 18/09/09 at 23:03 -0400, Joseph Miller wrote:
> "Better" is pretty subjective and may be jumping the gun considering
> tsclient has features lacking in grdc.  I do not have the most current
> version of grdc (I have 0.3.0), but the version that I have lacks a
> fullscreen mode selection, sound redirection, keyboard features, remotely
> mapping disk drive, remotely mapping printers, start program on connect,
> motion events option, wm decorations, and attach to console.  In grdc's
> defense, grdc seems to have an option for compression lacking in tsclient.
> 
> If grdc has included all of this functionality, then I agree, remove the
> non-maintained tsclient.  Is the problem that rdesktop's current version is
> becoming difficult to compile on newer versions of Debian?  If neither of
> these, however, please remember that this package may not be the most
> popular package, but for the people who use it - it is extremely important.
> Removing a package that provides interoperability with other systems is a
> very serious thing.  I know that the underlying rdesktop is always
> available, but that's not a simple replacement for tsclient.  I wish that
> tsclient was installed by default, but this is unlikely and probably not
> practical considering it is not well-maintained.
> 
> Full-disclosure: I recently wrote the patch to tsclient for printer
> redirection (which I use every day) which just made it in the upstream but
> hasn't been released.  I would of course like to see this make it to a
> distro.  Most importantly, I would like this and the above-stated
> functionality to be available.  If grdc can do these things, I have no
> objection whatsoever to removing tsclient.
> 
> -Joseph Miller

-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Changed Bug title to 'RM: tsclient -- ROM; Unmaintained, better alternatives [PLEASE WAIT]' from 'RM: tsclient -- ROM; Unmaintained, better alternatives' Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 19 Sep 2009 06:42:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#547314; Package ftp.debian.org. (Sat, 19 Sep 2009 09:18:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. (Sat, 19 Sep 2009 09:18:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #22 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>
To: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
Cc: Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>, 547314@bugs.debian.org, Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
Subject: Re: [wnpp] removal of tsclient has been requested!
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:03:44 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
CC'ing Luca, maintainer of grdc.

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> retitle 547314 RM: tsclient -- ROM; Unmaintained, better alternatives [PLEASE WAIT]
> thanks
> 
> Hi Emilio, hi Joseph,
> 
> Emilio, have you seen that message from Joseph?

No, I guess he didn't CC me.

> Joseph, have you considered adopting the package yourself?

I wouldn't mind that, but from a QA point of view think that this is
unmaintained upstream (or was, I see a little activity upstream now).

> On 18/09/09 at 23:03 -0400, Joseph Miller wrote:
>> "Better" is pretty subjective and may be jumping the gun considering
>> tsclient has features lacking in grdc.  I do not have the most current
>> version of grdc (I have 0.3.0), but the version that I have lacks a
>> fullscreen mode selection, sound redirection, keyboard features, remotely
>> mapping disk drive, remotely mapping printers, start program on connect,
>> motion events option, wm decorations, and attach to console.  In grdc's
>> defense, grdc seems to have an option for compression lacking in tsclient.

Luca, any idea if those features are available in grdc?

>> If grdc has included all of this functionality, then I agree, remove the
>> non-maintained tsclient.  Is the problem that rdesktop's current version is
>> becoming difficult to compile on newer versions of Debian?  If neither of
>> these, however, please remember that this package may not be the most
>> popular package, but for the people who use it - it is extremely important.
>> Removing a package that provides interoperability with other systems is a
>> very serious thing.  I know that the underlying rdesktop is always
>> available, but that's not a simple replacement for tsclient.  I wish that
>> tsclient was installed by default, but this is unlikely and probably not
>> practical considering it is not well-maintained.

I think it was installed by default (together with Vinagre) up to now in a GNOME
default installation, but we're changing that to Vinagre plus Grdc (or perhaps
just one of them in the future if Vinagre grows RDP or decide to ship Grdc only).

>> Full-disclosure: I recently wrote the patch to tsclient for printer
>> redirection (which I use every day) which just made it in the upstream but
>> hasn't been released.  I would of course like to see this make it to a
>> distro.  Most importantly, I would like this and the above-stated
>> functionality to be available.  If grdc can do these things, I have no
>> objection whatsoever to removing tsclient.
>>
>> -Joseph Miller
> 

Cheers,
Emilio

[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#547314; Package ftp.debian.org. (Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:30:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. (Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:30:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #27 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>
To: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
Cc: pochu@debian.org, 547314@bugs.debian.org, control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [wnpp] removal of tsclient has been requested!
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:23:36 -0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
>
> Joseph, have you considered adopting the package yourself?
>
>  - Lucas
>
>
I would be happy to adopt the package.  I have never maintained a package
before, but I have created and built several of them.  I had not offered
because I do not think I would be considered qualified - but I am willing to
do what is necessary.

-Joseph
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#547314; Package ftp.debian.org. (Sun, 20 Sep 2009 09:24:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. (Sun, 20 Sep 2009 09:24:19 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #32 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>
Cc: 547314@bugs.debian.org, control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [wnpp] removal of tsclient has been requested!
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:31:34 +0200
reassign 547314 wnpp
retitle 547314 O: tsclient -- front-end for viewing of remote desktops in GNOME
thanks

On 19/09/09 at 08:23 -0400, Joseph Miller wrote:
> >
> > Joseph, have you considered adopting the package yourself?
> >
> >  - Lucas
> >
> >
> I would be happy to adopt the package.  I have never maintained a package
> before, but I have created and built several of them.  I had not offered
> because I do not think I would be considered qualified - but I am willing to
> do what is necessary.

OK, I've unrequested the removal of tsclient, and orphaned it instead.
Feel free to adopt it when you feel ready.

Documentation you should read:
- Debian new maintainer's guide
- Debian developers reference
- Debian policy
-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Bug reassigned from package 'ftp.debian.org' to 'wnpp'. Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 20 Sep 2009 09:24:24 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Changed Bug title to 'O: tsclient -- front-end for viewing of remote desktops in GNOME' from 'RM: tsclient -- ROM; Unmaintained, better alternatives [PLEASE WAIT]' Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 20 Sep 2009 09:24:25 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Changed Bug title to 'ITA: tsclient -- front-end for viewing of remote desktops in GNOME' from 'O: tsclient -- front-end for viewing of remote desktops in GNOME' Request was from Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto <krlos.aqp@gmail.com> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:00:09 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Owner recorded as krlos.aqp@gmail.com. Request was from Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto <krlos.aqp@gmail.com> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:00:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, krlos.aqp@gmail.com:
Bug#547314; Package wnpp. (Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:21:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, krlos.aqp@gmail.com. (Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:21:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #45 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
To: Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>
Cc: Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>, 547314@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [wnpp] removal of tsclient has been requested!
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:11:07 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Il giorno Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:03:44 +0200
Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org> ha scritto:

> CC'ing Luca, maintainer of grdc.

Sorry for my late reply, GMail junk filter considered this email spam.
Bad boy, Emilio, bad boy :)

> > On 18/09/09 at 23:03 -0400, Joseph Miller wrote:
> >> "Better" is pretty subjective and may be jumping the gun
> >> considering tsclient has features lacking in grdc.  I do not have
> >> the most current version of grdc (I have 0.3.0), but the version
> >> that I have lacks a fullscreen mode selection, sound redirection,
> >> keyboard features, remotely mapping disk drive, remotely mapping
> >> printers, start program on connect, motion events option, wm
> >> decorations, and attach to console.  In grdc's defense, grdc seems
> >> to have an option for compression lacking in tsclient.
> 
> Luca, any idea if those features are available in grdc?

Available features on 0.6.0 are:
* keyboard mapping (is this the same as "keyboard features"?)
* shared folders
* start program on connect
* attach to console

Upcoming features in 0.7.0 are:
* sound redirection
* printer sharing

Features which should be still missing:
* Ignoring motion events

What you mean with fullscreen mode selection?
Not sure about wm decorations since I can't test it on both programs.

> >> Full-disclosure: I recently wrote the patch to tsclient for printer
> >> redirection (which I use every day) which just made it in the
> >> upstream but hasn't been released.  I would of course like to see
> >> this make it to a distro.  Most importantly, I would like this and
> >> the above-stated functionality to be available.  If grdc can do
> >> these things, I have no objection whatsoever to removing tsclient.

Support has been added, it will be available in 0.7.0:
http://grdc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/grdc?view=rev&revision=163

-- 
  .''`.
 :  :' :   Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
 `.  `'
   `-
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>:
Bug#547314; Package wnpp. (Sun, 27 Sep 2009 16:09:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to krlos.aqp@gmail.com:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>. (Sun, 27 Sep 2009 16:09:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #50 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto <krlos.aqp@gmail.com>
To: Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>, 547314@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>, Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bug#547314: [wnpp] removal of tsclient has been requested!
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 10:44:45 -0500
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi

I have requested ITA for this package, but I have been reading that it will be removed?

regards

> Il giorno Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:03:44 +0200
> Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org> ha scritto:
> 
>> CC'ing Luca, maintainer of grdc.
> 
> Sorry for my late reply, GMail junk filter considered this email spam.
> Bad boy, Emilio, bad boy :)
> 
>>> On 18/09/09 at 23:03 -0400, Joseph Miller wrote:
>>>> "Better" is pretty subjective and may be jumping the gun
>>>> considering tsclient has features lacking in grdc.  I do not have
>>>> the most current version of grdc (I have 0.3.0), but the version
>>>> that I have lacks a fullscreen mode selection, sound redirection,
>>>> keyboard features, remotely mapping disk drive, remotely mapping
>>>> printers, start program on connect, motion events option, wm
>>>> decorations, and attach to console.  In grdc's defense, grdc seems
>>>> to have an option for compression lacking in tsclient.
>> Luca, any idea if those features are available in grdc?
> 
> Available features on 0.6.0 are:
> * keyboard mapping (is this the same as "keyboard features"?)
> * shared folders
> * start program on connect
> * attach to console
> 
> Upcoming features in 0.7.0 are:
> * sound redirection
> * printer sharing
> 
> Features which should be still missing:
> * Ignoring motion events
> 
> What you mean with fullscreen mode selection?
> Not sure about wm decorations since I can't test it on both programs.
> 
>>>> Full-disclosure: I recently wrote the patch to tsclient for printer
>>>> redirection (which I use every day) which just made it in the
>>>> upstream but hasn't been released.  I would of course like to see
>>>> this make it to a distro.  Most importantly, I would like this and
>>>> the above-stated functionality to be available.  If grdc can do
>>>> these things, I have no objection whatsoever to removing tsclient.
> 
> Support has been added, it will be available in 0.7.0:
> http://grdc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/grdc?view=rev&revision=163
> 


- --
Atte.
Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto a.k.a. krlos
http://csotelo.blogspot.com
- --
 . ''`. Debian Gnu Linux System Administrator  ,= ,-_-. =.
: :'  : Free and OpenSource Software Developer((_/)o o(\_))
`. `'`  GNULinux Registered User #379182       `-'(. .)`-'
  `-    GNULinux Registered Machine #277661        \_/
GNULinux Arequipa Users Group||Debian Arequipa Users Group
- --
keyserver.pgp.com 0xF8554F6B
GPG FP:697E FAB8 8E83 1D60 BBFB 2264 9E3D 5761 F855 4F6B
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkq/iG0ACgkQnj1XYfhVT2t5uACgsZ1ggp+4t5NtYYy9DbOBHXvO
TjsAoJLBJ0APriNE5U/r32pK3L+2UyPi
=LSWu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, krlos.aqp@gmail.com:
Bug#547314; Package wnpp. (Wed, 30 Sep 2009 02:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, krlos.aqp@gmail.com. (Wed, 30 Sep 2009 02:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #55 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>
To: Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>, 547314@bugs.debian.org, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>, Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto <krlos.aqp@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [wnpp] tsclient has been ITAed
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:39:50 -0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Carlos,
The package has been orphaned.  If you don't pick it up, I will in the next
week or so. I still have to get through the recommended reading for being a
Debian package manager.

-Joseph
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, krlos.aqp@gmail.com:
Bug#547314; Package wnpp. (Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:36:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, krlos.aqp@gmail.com. (Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:36:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #60 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
To: Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>, Joseph Miller <josephcmiller2@gmail.com>
Cc: Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto <krlos.aqp@gmail.com>, 547314@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: [wnpp] removal of tsclient has been requested!
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:33:15 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi!

Any update on adoption of tsclient? From my POV, this package is not
really maintained anymore, and alternatives (i.e. remmina) are becoming
more and more popular and featured.

If nobody steps up in due time, I'll ask to remove tsclient from
unstable next month.

Regards,

-- 
  .''`.
 :  :' :   Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
 `.  `'
   `-
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, wnpp@debian.org, krlos.aqp@gmail.com:
Bug#547314; Package wnpp. (Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:36:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to wnpp@debian.org, krlos.aqp@gmail.com. (Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:36:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #65 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
To: 547314@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Removal request
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 00:28:38 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
reassign 547314 ftp.debian.org
retitle 547314 RM: tsclient -- ROM: unmaintained, better alternatives
thanks


A bit of time passed, and nobody stepped in to maintain this package.
There are better alternatives in the archives (remmina), much more
active upstream side.

-- 
  .''`.
 :  :' :   Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
 `.  `'
   `-

[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Bug reassigned from package 'wnpp' to 'ftp.debian.org'. Request was from Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:36:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Changed Bug title to 'RM: tsclient -- ROM: unmaintained, better alternatives' from 'ITA: tsclient -- front-end for viewing of remote desktops in GNOME' Request was from Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:36:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>, krlos.aqp@gmail.com:
Bug#547314; Package ftp.debian.org. (Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:27:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>, krlos.aqp@gmail.com. (Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:27:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #74 received at 547314@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>
To: 547314@bugs.debian.org, Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
Subject: RM: tsclient -- ROM: unmaintained, better alternatives
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:24:18 +0000
Luca Falavigna wrote:
> A bit of time passed, and nobody stepped in to maintain this package.
> There are better alternatives in the archives (remmina), much more
> active upstream side.

Please, just remove it now.

Emilio




Reply sent to Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:18:22 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:18:22 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #79 received at 547314-close@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>
To: 547314-close@bugs.debian.org
Cc: tsclient@packages.debian.org, tsclient@packages.qa.debian.org
Subject: Bug#547314: Removed package(s) from unstable
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:15:22 +0000
We believe that the bug you reported is now fixed; the following
package(s) have been removed from unstable:

  tsclient |    0.150-4 | source, alpha, amd64, armel, hppa, hurd-i386, i386, ia64, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

------------------- Reason -------------------
ROM: unmaintained, better alternatives
----------------------------------------------

Note that the package(s) have simply been removed from the tag
database and may (or may not) still be in the pool; this is not a bug.
The package(s) will be physically removed automatically when no suite
references them (and in the case of source, when no binary references
it).  Please also remember that the changes have been done on the
master archive (ftp-master.debian.org) and will not propagate to any
mirrors (ftp.debian.org included) until the next cron.daily run at the
earliest.

Packages are usually not removed from testing by hand. Testing tracks
unstable and will automatically remove packages which were removed
from unstable when removing them from testing causes no dependency
problems. The release team can force a removal from testing if it is
really needed, please contact them if this should be the case.

We try to close Bugs which have been reported against this package
automatically.  But please check all old bugs, if they where closed
correctly or should have been re-assign to another package.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to 547314@bugs.debian.org.

The full log for this bug can be viewed at http://bugs.debian.org/547314

This message was generated automatically; if you believe that there is
a problem with it please contact the archive administrators by mailing
ftpmaster@debian.org.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Luca Falavigna (the ftpmaster behind the curtain)




Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 14 Mar 2011 07:33:10 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Sat Apr 19 06:04:40 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.