Debian Bug report logs - #500103
gpm: aptitude segfaults with latest ncurses

version graph

Package: libncursesw5; Maintainer for libncursesw5 is Craig Small <csmall@debian.org>; Source for libncursesw5 is src:ncurses.

Reported by: Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:03:01 UTC

Severity: important

Merged with 500369

Found in version ncurses/5.6+20080920-1

Fixed in version ncurses/5.6+20080925-1

Done: Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>, ncurses@packages.debian.org, aptitude@packages.debian.org, Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#500103; Package gpm. (Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>, ncurses@packages.debian.org, aptitude@packages.debian.org, Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: gpm: aptitude segfaults with latest ncurses
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:58:55 +0200
Package: gpm
Version: 1.20.4-2
Severity: important

With latest ncurses (5.6+20080920-1) installed, aptitude's UI segfaults
at the Linux console in various actions.  Exiting, suspending and trying
to become root all result in SIGSEGV.  Here is a backtrace from exiting
aptitude:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0xb78806c0 (LWP 7990)]
0xb7655958 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt full
#0  0xb7655958 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#1  0xb7e1777e in enable_gpm_mouse (sp=0xae758b0, enable=0) at /home/user/ncurses/ncurses/base/lib_mouse.c:412
        result = <value optimized out>
#2  0xb7e17da1 in mouse_activate (sp=0xae758b0, on=false) at /home/user/ncurses/ncurses/base/lib_mouse.c:939
No locals.
#3  0xb7e0e35c in endwin () at /home/user/ncurses/ncurses/base/lib_endwin.c:53
No locals.
#4  0xb7d734cf in cwidget::toplevel::suspend_without_signals () at toplevel.cc:1162
        l = {parent = @0xb7df5788, locked = true}
#5  0xb7d736c0 in cwidget::toplevel::suspend () at toplevel.cc:1181
        l = {parent = @0xb7df5788, locked = true}
        act = {__sigaction_handler = {sa_handler = 0x1, sa_sigaction = 0x1}, sa_mask = {__val = {0 <repeats 32 times>}}, sa_flags = 0, sa_restorer = 0}
#6  0xb7d73c3c in cwidget::toplevel::shutdown () at toplevel.cc:1192
        l = {parent = @0xb7df5788, locked = true}
        ev = <value optimized out>
#7  0x080f641d in ui_main () at ui.cc:2764
No locals.
#8  0x0805e65d in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfe38694) at main.cc:759
        p = {ref = 0xbae1ac8}
        status_fname = 0x0
        display_format = {static npos = 4294967295,
  _M_dataplus = {<std::allocator<char>> = {<__gnu_cxx::new_allocator<char>> = {<No data fields>}, <No data fields>}, _M_p = 0xad265b4 "%c%a%M %p# - %d#"}}
        sort_policy = {static npos = 4294967295,
  _M_dataplus = {<std::allocator<char>> = {<__gnu_cxx::new_allocator<char>> = {<No data fields>}, <No data fields>}, _M_p = 0xaba135c "name"}}
        width = {static npos = 4294967295, _M_dataplus = {<std::allocator<char>> = {<__gnu_cxx::new_allocator<char>> = {<No data fields>}, <No data fields>},
    _M_p = 0x824cb04 ""}}
        simulate = false
        download_only = false
        arch_only = false
        update_only = false
        install_only = false
        queue_only = false
        assume_yes = false
        fix_broken = false
        safe_upgrade_no_new_installs = false
        safe_resolver_no_new_installs = false
        safe_resolver_no_new_upgrades = false
        always_use_safe_resolver = false
        disable_columns = false
        safe_resolver_option = false
        full_resolver_option = false
        showvers = false
        showdeps = false
        showsize = false
        showwhy = false
        visual_preview = false
        always_prompt = false
        verbose = 0
        seen_quiet = false
        quiet = 0
        user_tags = {<std::_Vector_base<aptitude::cmdline::tag_application, std::allocator<aptitude::cmdline::tag_application> >> = {
    _M_impl = {<std::allocator<aptitude::cmdline::tag_application>> = {<__gnu_cxx::new_allocator<aptitude::cmdline::tag_application>> = {<No data fields>}, <No
data fields>}, _M_start = 0x0, _M_finish = 0x0, _M_end_of_storage = 0x0}}, <No data fields>}
        curopt = <value optimized out>
        curr_quiet = <value optimized out>
(gdb)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Although I have rebuilt gpm with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nostrip, I was not
able to come up with a better backtrace; if you think the bug is in a
different package, please reassign.  The ncurses code in
ncurses/base/lib_mouse.c looks innocent enough:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
	if (!enable && sp->_mouse_active) {
	    /* GPM: close connection to gpm server */
	    my_Gpm_Close();
	    sp->_mouse_active = FALSE;
	    T(("GPM closed"));
	}
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---


-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.26.5-libata
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages gpm depends on:
ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]         1.5.23     Debian configuration management sy
ii  debianutils                   2.30       Miscellaneous utilities specific t
ii  libc6                         2.7-13     GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libgpm2                       1.20.4-2   General Purpose Mouse - shared lib
ii  lsb-base                      3.2-20     Linux Standard Base 3.2 init scrip
ii  ucf                           3.0010     Update Configuration File: preserv

gpm recommends no packages.

gpm suggests no packages.

-- debconf information:
* gpm/responsiveness:
* gpm/repeat_type:
* gpm/append:
* gpm/restart: false
* gpm/sample_rate:
* gpm/type: fups2
* gpm/device: /dev/psaux
* gpm/restart_default: false




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#500103; Package gpm. (Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:18:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:18:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 500103@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com>
To: Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>, 500103@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#500103: gpm: aptitude segfaults with latest ncurses
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:14:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Sven Joachim wrote:

> Package: gpm
> Version: 1.20.4-2
> Severity: important
>
> With latest ncurses (5.6+20080920-1) installed, aptitude's UI segfaults
> at the Linux console in various actions.  Exiting, suspending and trying
> to become root all result in SIGSEGV.  Here is a backtrace from exiting
> aptitude:

I did change this area - appears there's a problem (thanks)

>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> [Switching to Thread 0xb78806c0 (LWP 7990)]
> 0xb7655958 in ?? ()
> (gdb) bt full
> #0  0xb7655958 in ?? ()
> No symbol table info available.
> #1  0xb7e1777e in enable_gpm_mouse (sp=0xae758b0, enable=0) at /home/user/ncurses/ncurses/base/lib_mouse.c:412
>        result = <value optimized out>
> #2  0xb7e17da1 in mouse_activate (sp=0xae758b0, on=false) at /home/user/ncurses/ncurses/base/lib_mouse.c:939
> No locals.
> #3  0xb7e0e35c in endwin () at /home/user/ncurses/ncurses/base/lib_endwin.c:53
> No locals.
> #4  0xb7d734cf in cwidget::toplevel::suspend_without_signals () at toplevel.cc:1162
>        l = {parent = @0xb7df5788, locked = true}
> #5  0xb7d736c0 in cwidget::toplevel::suspend () at toplevel.cc:1181
>        l = {parent = @0xb7df5788, locked = true}
>        act = {__sigaction_handler = {sa_handler = 0x1, sa_sigaction = 0x1}, sa_mask = {__val = {0 <repeats 32 times>}}, sa_flags = 0, sa_restorer = 0}
> #6  0xb7d73c3c in cwidget::toplevel::shutdown () at toplevel.cc:1192
>        l = {parent = @0xb7df5788, locked = true}
>        ev = <value optimized out>
> #7  0x080f641d in ui_main () at ui.cc:2764
> No locals.
> #8  0x0805e65d in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfe38694) at main.cc:759
>        p = {ref = 0xbae1ac8}
>        status_fname = 0x0
>        display_format = {static npos = 4294967295,
>  _M_dataplus = {<std::allocator<char>> = {<__gnu_cxx::new_allocator<char>> = {<No data fields>}, <No data fields>}, _M_p = 0xad265b4 "%c%a%M %p# - %d#"}}
>        sort_policy = {static npos = 4294967295,
>  _M_dataplus = {<std::allocator<char>> = {<__gnu_cxx::new_allocator<char>> = {<No data fields>}, <No data fields>}, _M_p = 0xaba135c "name"}}
>        width = {static npos = 4294967295, _M_dataplus = {<std::allocator<char>> = {<__gnu_cxx::new_allocator<char>> = {<No data fields>}, <No data fields>},
>    _M_p = 0x824cb04 ""}}
>        simulate = false
>        download_only = false
>        arch_only = false
>        update_only = false
>        install_only = false
>        queue_only = false
>        assume_yes = false
>        fix_broken = false
>        safe_upgrade_no_new_installs = false
>        safe_resolver_no_new_installs = false
>        safe_resolver_no_new_upgrades = false
>        always_use_safe_resolver = false
>        disable_columns = false
>        safe_resolver_option = false
>        full_resolver_option = false
>        showvers = false
>        showdeps = false
>        showsize = false
>        showwhy = false
>        visual_preview = false
>        always_prompt = false
>        verbose = 0
>        seen_quiet = false
>        quiet = 0
>        user_tags = {<std::_Vector_base<aptitude::cmdline::tag_application, std::allocator<aptitude::cmdline::tag_application> >> = {
>    _M_impl = {<std::allocator<aptitude::cmdline::tag_application>> = {<__gnu_cxx::new_allocator<aptitude::cmdline::tag_application>> = {<No data fields>}, <No
> data fields>}, _M_start = 0x0, _M_finish = 0x0, _M_end_of_storage = 0x0}}, <No data fields>}
>        curopt = <value optimized out>
>        curr_quiet = <value optimized out>
> (gdb)
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> Although I have rebuilt gpm with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nostrip, I was not
> able to come up with a better backtrace; if you think the bug is in a
> different package, please reassign.  The ncurses code in
> ncurses/base/lib_mouse.c looks innocent enough:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> 	if (!enable && sp->_mouse_active) {
> 	    /* GPM: close connection to gpm server */
> 	    my_Gpm_Close();
> 	    sp->_mouse_active = FALSE;
> 	    T(("GPM closed"));
> 	}
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
>
> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: lenny/sid
>  APT prefers unstable
>  APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
> Architecture: i386 (i686)
>
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.26.5-libata
> Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
>
> Versions of packages gpm depends on:
> ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]         1.5.23     Debian configuration management sy
> ii  debianutils                   2.30       Miscellaneous utilities specific t
> ii  libc6                         2.7-13     GNU C Library: Shared libraries
> ii  libgpm2                       1.20.4-2   General Purpose Mouse - shared lib
> ii  lsb-base                      3.2-20     Linux Standard Base 3.2 init scrip
> ii  ucf                           3.0010     Update Configuration File: preserv
>
> gpm recommends no packages.
>
> gpm suggests no packages.
>
> -- debconf information:
> * gpm/responsiveness:
> * gpm/repeat_type:
> * gpm/append:
> * gpm/restart: false
> * gpm/sample_rate:
> * gpm/type: fups2
> * gpm/device: /dev/psaux
> * gpm/restart_default: false
>
>
>
>

-- 
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net
ftp://invisible-island.net




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#500103; Package gpm. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 07:45:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 07:45:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 500103@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>
To: Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com>
Cc: 500103@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#500103: gpm: aptitude segfaults with latest ncurses
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 09:42:11 +0200
package gpm
merge 326709 500103
thanks

On 2008-09-25 12:14 +0200, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Sven Joachim wrote:
>
>> Package: gpm
>> Version: 1.20.4-2
>> Severity: important
>>
>> With latest ncurses (5.6+20080920-1) installed, aptitude's UI segfaults
>> at the Linux console in various actions.  Exiting, suspending and trying
>> to become root all result in SIGSEGV.  Here is a backtrace from exiting
>> aptitude:
>
> I did change this area - appears there's a problem (thanks)

It seems that it is bug #326709 reoccuring, see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=326709#20.

Regards,
        Sven




Merged 326709 500103. Request was from Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 07:45:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#500103; Package gpm. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 11:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 11:39:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #22 received at 500103@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com>
To: Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>
Cc: 500103@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#500103: gpm: aptitude segfaults with latest ncurses
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 07:36:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008, Sven Joachim wrote:

> package gpm
> merge 326709 500103
> thanks
>
> On 2008-09-25 12:14 +0200, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Sven Joachim wrote:
>>
>>> Package: gpm
>>> Version: 1.20.4-2
>>> Severity: important
>>>
>>> With latest ncurses (5.6+20080920-1) installed, aptitude's UI segfaults
>>> at the Linux console in various actions.  Exiting, suspending and trying
>>> to become root all result in SIGSEGV.  Here is a backtrace from exiting
>>> aptitude:
>>
>> I did change this area - appears there's a problem (thanks)
>
> It seems that it is bug #326709 reoccuring, see
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=326709#20.

no - it's my own bug in this instance.  I fixed a memory leak, but did not 
explore all of the paths.  I made a fix for this on Thursday of this week, 
which addresses most of the problem. There's a followup report (which I 
don't know if it's a new bug) that I'll work on today (if the GPM server 
is killed, it breaks the application).

-- 
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net
ftp://invisible-island.net




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>:
Bug#500103; Package gpm. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian GPM Team <pkg-gpm-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #27 received at 500103@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>
To: Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com>
Cc: 500103@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#500103: gpm: aptitude segfaults with latest ncurses
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:56:05 +0200
unmerge 500103
reassign 500103 libncursesw5 5.6+20080920-1
thanks

On 2008-09-27 13:36 +0200, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Sep 2008, Sven Joachim wrote:
>> It seems that it is bug #326709 reoccuring, see
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=326709#20.
>
> no - it's my own bug in this instance.  I fixed a memory leak, but did
> not explore all of the paths.  I made a fix for this on Thursday of
> this week, which addresses most of the problem. There's a followup
> report (which I don't know if it's a new bug) that I'll work on today
> (if the GPM server is killed, it breaks the application).

Thanks, reassigning to libncursesw5 then.

Cheers,
       Sven




Disconnected #500103 from all other report(s). Request was from Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Bug reassigned from package `gpm' to `libncursesw5'. Request was from Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:03:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Tags removed: patch Request was from Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:24:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Merged 500103 500369. Request was from Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:24:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Reply sent to Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #40 received at 500103-close@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
To: 500103-close@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Bug#500103: fixed in ncurses 5.6+20080925-1
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:32:08 +0000
Source: ncurses
Source-Version: 5.6+20080925-1

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
ncurses, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:

lib64ncurses5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/lib64ncurses5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
lib64ncurses5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/lib64ncurses5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
libncurses5-dbg_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/libncurses5-dbg_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
libncurses5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/libncurses5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
libncurses5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/libncurses5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
libncursesw5-dbg_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/libncursesw5-dbg_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
libncursesw5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/libncursesw5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
libncursesw5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/libncursesw5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
ncurses-base_5.6+20080925-1_all.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/ncurses-base_5.6+20080925-1_all.deb
ncurses-bin_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/ncurses-bin_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
ncurses-term_5.6+20080925-1_all.deb
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/ncurses-term_5.6+20080925-1_all.deb
ncurses_5.6+20080925-1.diff.gz
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/ncurses_5.6+20080925-1.diff.gz
ncurses_5.6+20080925-1.dsc
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/ncurses_5.6+20080925-1.dsc
ncurses_5.6+20080925.orig.tar.gz
  to pool/main/n/ncurses/ncurses_5.6+20080925.orig.tar.gz



A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to 500103@bugs.debian.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> (supplier of updated ncurses package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing ftpmaster@debian.org)


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Format: 1.8
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:57:00 +0200
Source: ncurses
Binary: libncurses5 libncurses5-dev libncurses5-dbg libncursesw5 libncursesw5-dev libncursesw5-dbg lib64ncurses5 lib64ncurses5-dev lib32ncurses5 lib32ncurses5-dev lib32ncursesw5 lib32ncursesw5-dev ncurses-bin ncurses-base ncurses-term
Architecture: source i386 all
Version: 5.6+20080925-1
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: low
Maintainer: Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
Changed-By: Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
Description: 
 lib32ncurses5 - shared libraries for terminal handling (32-bit)
 lib32ncurses5-dev - developer's libraries for ncurses (32-bit)
 lib32ncursesw5 - shared libraries for terminal handling (wide character support) (
 lib32ncursesw5-dev - developer's libraries for ncursesw (32-bit)
 lib64ncurses5 - shared libraries for terminal handling (64-bit)
 lib64ncurses5-dev - developer's libraries for ncurses (64-bit)
 libncurses5 - shared libraries for terminal handling
 libncurses5-dbg - debugging/profiling libraries for ncurses
 libncurses5-dev - developer's libraries and docs for ncurses
 libncursesw5 - shared libraries for terminal handling (wide character support)
 libncursesw5-dbg - debugging/profiling libraries for ncurses
 libncursesw5-dev - developer's libraries for ncursesw
 ncurses-base - basic terminal type definitions
 ncurses-bin - terminal-related programs and man pages
 ncurses-term - additional terminal type definitions
Closes: 500103 500369
Changes: 
 ncurses (5.6+20080925-1) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * Merging upstream version 5.6+20080925:
     - fix bug in mouse code for GPM from 20080920 changes
       (Closes: #500103, #500369).
Checksums-Sha1: 
 504f50b359dcc183c74bdbbffadac88d3063c2bf 1517 ncurses_5.6+20080925-1.dsc
 40aac85f72a93285c5cc9816237f0d63efe64e6f 2486993 ncurses_5.6+20080925.orig.tar.gz
 5abd794f7e51a494c78f1c76808f2918c9b64e5e 39138 ncurses_5.6+20080925-1.diff.gz
 a87173ac8a3b7d95fb5c355475d30d5510b5bcd6 334634 libncurses5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 5ce302fd5734f63695ed39de1ce70a0a87db8f04 1525886 libncurses5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 b76f6e42708b1990b4743be5190f371767768e2f 1639688 libncurses5-dbg_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 33e1baeebf1e1adb7aabcd028bb9c94d5b523be8 356352 libncursesw5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 302934fdcc2d42564bd2c58cdec1dd5d6db55fe7 474860 libncursesw5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 e0b1cbb08596285fd8dea847bd4184327d7772f9 1853770 libncursesw5-dbg_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 66274661e1d275bbad3de98a9eafd23d34cf1eab 347550 lib64ncurses5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 23e77d62e4375cb8324ec3d5eab2d5d1185e2d06 414310 lib64ncurses5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 be957fe41149d3a7f4afea02b1f3fbb525b20114 136190 ncurses-bin_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 58117be843127bf4f873238187406178c3faa1b0 174286 ncurses-base_5.6+20080925-1_all.deb
 79450aedcadb143d33f638e4d33316bcb3465829 506862 ncurses-term_5.6+20080925-1_all.deb
Checksums-Sha256: 
 7dd26f38dcc48f9eb4fea542a664b28472085e626d56a1f3d849de2e4c32a376 1517 ncurses_5.6+20080925-1.dsc
 0d0d72036c8dae44ed7a7f26b1d29ec652a05bcd7450df875d57bdb5fbccd7d9 2486993 ncurses_5.6+20080925.orig.tar.gz
 7730a692c08b030ae9f0b570dda28eb195e48db34842acd74075c998335d1e06 39138 ncurses_5.6+20080925-1.diff.gz
 53597043667bd41e00fac4b4a4207043426cf976891d5f043eda127f3dc32c84 334634 libncurses5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 2569f4b00fa4606d99956521fa04ecfd7a1bd6ca425d5f5c0656abf17fbf1c3d 1525886 libncurses5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 dd664399767c84e4faf1b0603f01c82eb2ab51fb4fc193d7675b7cea66750f86 1639688 libncurses5-dbg_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 fe0436969fa50bc75ff9b4966411729e2d0a060b213953ae784fe1fa6b6a0358 356352 libncursesw5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 4ff92e6adea44c23046c2a299094a67771e69a10fcf4ab4e4ffbbfa80ebaf41f 474860 libncursesw5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 4e175dc98933b85c5b12c76ae6accbe4caf067891603473740f677767c46c0b2 1853770 libncursesw5-dbg_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 86ad1a579dcab01920c8d15946f133f77daa56a2f0d7f118e8a21869ba1e7e2e 347550 lib64ncurses5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 ee86f100eed0767d5f32e7c6222eeaca5219de9ef2095815f5dfd0bab2a754fc 414310 lib64ncurses5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 4561ea5d7770899d36aa5a18577227acadd6b2eefd634942f4e3fee5a07afb16 136190 ncurses-bin_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 72505d2ac355c7a562e8db9a0f50f1cc9ad0a12019e4b96e15d1978bbb88b69d 174286 ncurses-base_5.6+20080925-1_all.deb
 bb8ea4ebac7835acca8321e01b4187fdafd234f844ea61b0cee6d3646afa5b2d 506862 ncurses-term_5.6+20080925-1_all.deb
Files: 
 7d82199a0a1cd8a22022594e161a28f1 1517 libs standard ncurses_5.6+20080925-1.dsc
 97f2118364c5b63311626c03d8283f38 2486993 libs standard ncurses_5.6+20080925.orig.tar.gz
 702a904fd792b0664be7e2794957a554 39138 libs standard ncurses_5.6+20080925-1.diff.gz
 c0d05af6e902e1f9a95bd47870b78259 334634 libs required libncurses5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 dbeb365eb8a65642e907992462d1d51b 1525886 libdevel optional libncurses5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 720387f83bc71beec8bcd5680734a72a 1639688 libdevel extra libncurses5-dbg_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 ac5cfce0a6c3c25f8c773965660e5695 356352 libs important libncursesw5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 a132640415ac2937bfdf62ce05c2bcb7 474860 libdevel optional libncursesw5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 11728dc73778f21039ca3deb5a63e876 1853770 libdevel extra libncursesw5-dbg_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 b92970ec8eaf3bd3d4fed5aa886d3190 347550 libs optional lib64ncurses5_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 214df2b196dbc8cfb1f7d55ca89e0839 414310 libdevel optional lib64ncurses5-dev_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 7d7f1f88be5238fc560df5a85d8f48e4 136190 utils required ncurses-bin_5.6+20080925-1_i386.deb
 9f58ff0b8365f0524334248af23736fa 174286 utils required ncurses-base_5.6+20080925-1_all.deb
 dddc7b46454e375d04be57b3a03b43d0 506862 admin standard ncurses-term_5.6+20080925-1_all.deb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkjeeQoACgkQ+C5cwEsrK55A+ACePTuwrAcF2Vj6AnMQ7iosnpcH
OBIAoN+rsOK6A6SdfQu+urNWScUytf46
=qD42
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----





Reply sent to Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Michael Prokop <mika@grml.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. (Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>:
Bug#500103; Package libncursesw5. (Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:54:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Raúl Sánchez Siles <rasasi78@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>. (Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:54:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #50 received at 500103@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Raúl Sánchez Siles <rasasi78@gmail.com>
To: 500103@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Workaround.
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:49:18 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
  Hello all:

  Just in case someone's affected by this and is unable to use aptitude to 
upgrade to correct libncurses, the workaround I've used is just killing gpm.

  After that proceed with aptitude as usual.

  Regards,

-- 
     Raúl Sánchez Siles
----->Proud Debian user<-----
Linux registered user #416098
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>:
Bug#500103; Package libncursesw5. (Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:09:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>. (Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:09:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #55 received at 500103@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com>
To: Raúl Sánchez Siles <rasasi78@gmail.com>, 500103@bugs.debian.org
Cc: Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#500103: Workaround.
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:07:55 -0400 (EDT)
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Raúl Sánchez Siles wrote:

>  Hello all:
>
>  Just in case someone's affected by this and is unable to use aptitude to
> upgrade to correct libncurses, the workaround I've used is just killing gpm.
>
>  After that proceed with aptitude as usual.

agree (that shouldn't have a problem).  The same for the related problem 
with dialog...

-- 
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net
ftp://invisible-island.net

Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 04 Nov 2008 07:25:55 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Fri Apr 25 01:39:25 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.