Debian Bug report logs - #489298
Old "testing_probs" pages missing

Package: release.debian.org; Maintainer for release.debian.org is Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>;

Reported by: Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>

Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 19:00:02 UTC

Severity: normal

Done: Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Kalle Söderman <kalle.soderman@gmail.com>, debian-www@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#489298; Package ftp.debian.org. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Kalle Söderman <kalle.soderman@gmail.com>, debian-www@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Old "testing_probs" pages missing
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 20:57:21 +0200
Package: ftp.debian.org

Hi, the following links (as given on
http://www.debian.org/devel/testing) are dead:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_probs.html
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/unstable_probs.html
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/stable_probs.html
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/unstable_outdate.txt

Should we remove these links or will they be available again in the
future?

----- Forwarded message from Kalle Söderman <kalle.soderman@gmail.com> -----

From: Kalle Söderman <kalle.soderman@gmail.com>
To: debian-www@lists.debian.org
Subject: Broken links on the "Testing" page

Hi,
I noticed that the list of links under "Additional Information" on the
http://www.debian.org/devel/testing page are broken.

The server returns Not Found and the files related to problems with the three
distributions are not on http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/ as the
links suggest.

regards
Kalle

----- End forwarded message -----

Gruesse,
-- 
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>:
Bug#489298; Package ftp.debian.org. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian FTP Master <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 489298@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
To: Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
Cc: 489298@bugs.debian.org, debian-release@lists.debian.org, control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#489298: Old "testing_probs" pages missing
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:01:22 +0200
reassign 489298 release.debian.org
thanks

On 11436 March 1977, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> Hi, the following links (as given on
> http://www.debian.org/devel/testing) are dead:
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_probs.htmlhttp://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/unstable_probs.html
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/stable_probs.htmlhttp://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/unstable_outdate.txt

> Should we remove these links or will they be available again in the
> future?

Not from us, ftp-master no longer runs testing, thats all release team now.

> From: Kalle Söderman <kalle.soderman@gmail.com>
> Subject: Broken links on the "Testing" page
> To: debian-www@lists.debian.org

> I noticed that the list of links under "Additional Information" on the
> http://www.debian.org/devel/testing page are broken.

> The server returns Not Found and the files related to problems with the three
> distributions are not on http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/ as the
> links suggest.

> regards
> Kalle
> ----------

-- 
bye, Joerg
>  I. What would you do if a package has no sane default configuration?
>     (There is *no* default configuration that works on most systems!)
   The best thing to do would be to add such a default configuration.
[... ARGS ...]




Bug reassigned from package `ftp.debian.org' to `release.debian.org'. Request was from Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 04 Jul 2008 21:04:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Reply sent to Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>:
You have taken responsibility. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #17 received at 489298-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
To: 489298-done@bugs.debian.org
Cc: "Debian WWW Team" <debian-www@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Bug#489298: Old "testing_probs" pages missing
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:35:56 +0200
Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> Package: ftp.debian.org
> 
> Hi, the following links (as given on
> http://www.debian.org/devel/testing) are dead:
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_probs.html
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/unstable_probs.html
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/stable_probs.html
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/unstable_outdate.txt
> 
> Should we remove these links or will they be available again in the
> future?

You should remove these links, they might become available again, but
probably won't. qa.debian.org/debcheck.php should have comparable data
btw...

Closing this bug.

Cheers

Luk

> ----- Forwarded message from Kalle Söderman <kalle.soderman@gmail.com> -----
> 
> From: Kalle Söderman <kalle.soderman@gmail.com>
> To: debian-www@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Broken links on the "Testing" page
> 
> Hi,
> I noticed that the list of links under "Additional Information" on the
> http://www.debian.org/devel/testing page are broken.
> 
> The server returns Not Found and the files related to problems with the three
> distributions are not on http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/ as the
> links suggest.
> 
> regards
> Kalle
> 
> ----- End forwarded message -----
> 
> Gruesse,





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>:
Bug#489298; Package release.debian.org. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Debian Release Team <debian-release@lists.debian.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #22 received at 489298@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
To: 489298@bugs.debian.org
Cc: debian-www@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#489298 closed by Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> (Re: Bug#489298: Old "testing_probs" pages missing)
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 00:28:48 +0200
> Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > Package: ftp.debian.org
> > 
> > Hi, the following links (as given on
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/testing) are dead:
> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_probs.html
> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/unstable_probs.html
> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/stable_probs.html
> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/unstable_outdate.txt
> > 
> > Should we remove these links or will they be available again in the
> > future?
> 
> You should remove these links, they might become available again, but
> probably won't. qa.debian.org/debcheck.php should have comparable data
> btw...
> 
> Closing this bug.
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Luk

Ok, done.

Gruesse,
-- 
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/




Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 02 Aug 2008 07:45:38 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Thu Apr 17 00:55:52 2014; Machine Name: beach.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.