Debian Bug report logs - #458878
FTBS on amd64 chroot on i386

version graph

Package: axiom; Maintainer for axiom is Camm Maguire <camm@debian.org>; Source for axiom is src:axiom.

Reported by: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>

Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:30:27 UTC

Severity: important

Found in version axiom/20050901-10

Done: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>:
Bug#458878; Package axiom. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: axiom: FTBFS: cp: cannot stat `/build/user/axiom-20050901/int/algebra/PFO.NRLIB/code.o': No such file or directory
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:05:55 +0100
Package: axiom
version: 20050901-10
Severity: serious
User: debian-qa@lists.debian.org
Usertags: qa-ftbfs-20080103 qa-ftbfs
Justification: FTBFS on amd64

Hi,

During a rebuild of all packages in sid, your package failed to build on amd64.

Relevant part:

 > compiling ODERTRIC.spad to ODERTRIC.NRLIB
 > copying ODERTRIC.NRLIB to ODERTRIC.o
 > compiling PADE.spad to PADE.NRLIB
 > copying PADE.NRLIB to PADE.o
 > compiling PAN2EXPR.spad to PAN2EXPR.NRLIB
 > copying PAN2EXPR.NRLIB to PAN2EXPR.o
 > compiling PDEPACK.spad to PDEPACK.NRLIB
 > copying PDEPACK.NRLIB to PDEPACK.o
 > compiling PFO.spad to PFO.NRLIB
 > copying PFO.NRLIB to PFO.o
 > cp: cannot stat `/build/user/axiom-20050901/int/algebra/PFO.NRLIB/code.o': No such file or directory
 > make[4]: *** [/build/user/axiom-20050901/mnt/linux/algebra/PFO.o] Error 1
 > make[4]: Leaving directory `/build/user/axiom-20050901/src/algebra'
 > make[3]: *** [algebradir] Error 2
 > make[3]: Leaving directory `/build/user/axiom-20050901/src'
 > make[2]: *** [srcdir] Error 2
 > make[2]: Leaving directory `/build/user/axiom-20050901'
 > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/user/axiom-20050901'
 > make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
 > dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

The full build log is available from:
	http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2008/01/03

A list of current common problems and possible solutions is available at 
http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/FTBFS . You're welcome to contribute!

About the archive rebuild: The rebuild was done on about 50 AMD64 nodes
of the Grid'5000 platform, using a clean chroot containing a sid
environment.  Internet was not accessible from the build systems.

-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org:
Bug#458878; Package axiom. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 458878@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>
To: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>, 458878@bugs.debian.org, control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#458878: axiom: FTBFS: cp: cannot stat `/build/user/axiom-20050901/int/algebra/PFO.NRLIB/code.o': No such file or directory
Date: 04 Jan 2008 12:12:19 -0500
severity 458878 normal
thanks

Greetings!  It appears your autobuild process ran out of disk space
here.  If not, please provide remote ssh access into the environment
in question so I can debug further.

Take care,

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> writes:

> Package: axiom
> version: 20050901-10
> Severity: serious
> User: debian-qa@lists.debian.org
> Usertags: qa-ftbfs-20080103 qa-ftbfs
> Justification: FTBFS on amd64
> 
> Hi,
> 
> During a rebuild of all packages in sid, your package failed to build on amd64.
> 
> Relevant part:
> 
>  > compiling ODERTRIC.spad to ODERTRIC.NRLIB
>  > copying ODERTRIC.NRLIB to ODERTRIC.o
>  > compiling PADE.spad to PADE.NRLIB
>  > copying PADE.NRLIB to PADE.o
>  > compiling PAN2EXPR.spad to PAN2EXPR.NRLIB
>  > copying PAN2EXPR.NRLIB to PAN2EXPR.o
>  > compiling PDEPACK.spad to PDEPACK.NRLIB
>  > copying PDEPACK.NRLIB to PDEPACK.o
>  > compiling PFO.spad to PFO.NRLIB
>  > copying PFO.NRLIB to PFO.o
>  > cp: cannot stat `/build/user/axiom-20050901/int/algebra/PFO.NRLIB/code.o': No such file or directory
>  > make[4]: *** [/build/user/axiom-20050901/mnt/linux/algebra/PFO.o] Error 1
>  > make[4]: Leaving directory `/build/user/axiom-20050901/src/algebra'
>  > make[3]: *** [algebradir] Error 2
>  > make[3]: Leaving directory `/build/user/axiom-20050901/src'
>  > make[2]: *** [srcdir] Error 2
>  > make[2]: Leaving directory `/build/user/axiom-20050901'
>  > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
>  > make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/user/axiom-20050901'
>  > make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
>  > dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
> 
> The full build log is available from:
> 	http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2008/01/03
> 
> A list of current common problems and possible solutions is available at 
> http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/FTBFS . You're welcome to contribute!
> 
> About the archive rebuild: The rebuild was done on about 50 AMD64 nodes
> of the Grid'5000 platform, using a clean chroot containing a sid
> environment.  Internet was not accessible from the build systems.
> 
> -- 
> | Lucas Nussbaum
> | lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
> | jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

-- 
Camm Maguire			     			camm@enhanced.com
==========================================================================
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens."  --  Baha'u'llah




Severity set to `normal' from `serious' Request was from Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 04 Jan 2008 17:15:06 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>:
Bug#458878; Package axiom. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #17 received at 458878@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>
Cc: 458878@bugs.debian.org, control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#458878: axiom: FTBFS: cp: cannot stat `/build/user/axiom-20050901/int/algebra/PFO.NRLIB/code.o': No such file or directory
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 22:07:13 +0100
severity 458878 serious
thanks

On 04/01/08 at 12:12 -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:
> severity 458878 normal
> thanks

Why the severity downgrade?

> Greetings!  It appears your autobuild process ran out of disk space
> here.

What makes you think that? The node in question has more than 240 GB of
free disk space.

> If not, please provide remote ssh access into the environment
> in question so I can debug further.

What did you try so far? I provided a log of a failed build. Please
provide  log of a successful build in an up-to-date, clean, sid chroot,
so we can compare them.

I can't give you SSH access to the nodes. But you are a DD, so you have
access to a lot of chroots on the dev machines.
-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Severity set to `serious' from `normal' Request was from Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Fri, 04 Jan 2008 21:15:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>:
Bug#458878; Package axiom. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Adrian Friedli <adi@koalatux.ch>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #24 received at 458878@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Adrian Friedli <adi@koalatux.ch>
To: 458878@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#458878: axiom: FTBFS: cp: cannot stat `/build/user/axiom-20050901/int/algebra/PFO.NRLIB/code.o': No such file or directory
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:23:22 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
retitle 458878 FTBS on amd64 chroot on i386
severity 458878 important
thanks

Hi

I could build it on a clean amd64 chroot, I assume it has problems with amd64 
chroot on i386. Therefore I lowered the severity.

Regards, Adrian
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Changed Bug title to `FTBS on amd64 chroot on i386' from `axiom: FTBFS: cp: cannot stat `/build/user/axiom-20050901/int/algebra/PFO.NRLIB/code.o': No such file or directory'. Request was from Adrian Friedli <adi@koalatux.ch> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:27:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Severity set to `important' from `serious' Request was from Adrian Friedli <adi@koalatux.ch> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:27:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>:
Bug#458878; Package axiom. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #33 received at 458878@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org>
To: 458878@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#458878: axiom: FTBFS: cp: cannot stat `/build/user/axiom-20050901/int/algebra/PFO.NRLIB/code.o': No such file or directory
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 19:37:56 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 06:23:22PM +0100, Adrian Friedli wrote:
> I could build it on a clean amd64 chroot, I assume it has problems with amd64 
> chroot on i386. Therefore I lowered the severity.

Right.  A build log of an (almost) successful build is available on [0].

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern

[0] http://people.debian.org/~pkern/axiom_20050901-10_20080112-1808
[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>:
Bug#458878; Package axiom. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Daniel Schepler <schepler@math.berkeley.edu>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #38 received at 458878@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Daniel Schepler <schepler@math.berkeley.edu>
To: 458878@bugs.debian.org
Subject: axiom FTBFS is not i386 chroot issue
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:13:56 -0400
I can reproduce this build failure on a pure amd64 system using pbuilder, so 
it's not just an issue for amd64 chroots on i386 systems.
-- 
Daniel Schepler




Reply sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
You have taken responsibility. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Notification sent to Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
Bug acknowledged by developer. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #43 received at 458878-done@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
To: Daniel Schepler <schepler@math.berkeley.edu>, 458878-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#458878: axiom FTBFS is not i386 chroot issue
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:10:47 +0200
On 24/03/08 at 16:13 -0400, Daniel Schepler wrote:
> I can reproduce this build failure on a pure amd64 system using pbuilder, so 
> it's not just an issue for amd64 chroots on i386 systems.

Hi Daniel,

Can you still reproduce it? I can't, so I'm closing this bug.
-- 
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>:
Bug#458878; Package axiom. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Daniel Schepler <schepler@math.berkeley.edu>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #48 received at 458878@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Daniel Schepler <schepler@math.berkeley.edu>
To: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
Cc: 458878@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#458878: axiom FTBFS is not i386 chroot issue
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 03:44:31 -0400
On Monday 14 April 2008 12:10:47 pm Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 24/03/08 at 16:13 -0400, Daniel Schepler wrote:
> > I can reproduce this build failure on a pure amd64 system using pbuilder,
> > so it's not just an issue for amd64 chroots on i386 systems.
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Can you still reproduce it? I can't, so I'm closing this bug.

Yes, I can still reproduce the bug.
-- 
Daniel Schepler




Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Wed, 14 May 2008 07:45:35 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Thu Apr 17 00:17:09 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.