Debian Bug report logs - #456640
ITA: munin -- network-wide graphing framework

Package: wnpp; Maintainer for wnpp is wnpp@debian.org;

Reported by: Tore Anderson <tore@fud.no>

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:24:02 UTC

Owned by: Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>

Severity: normal

Done: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>

Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, debian-devel@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to debian-devel@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: RFA: munin -- network-wide graphing framework (grapher/gatherer)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:15:35 +0100
Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

I don't have time to maintain the Munin packages any more (and haven't
for quite a while either, truth to be told).  So there's a bunch of bugs
reports that hasn't yet been looked at, and although the packages
themselves are in quite good condition there's lots of reports of
upstream bugs that needs to be triaged and fixed/forwarded.

The packages are currently maintained in the upstream SVN repository,
and the new maintainer(s) will be given write access there.  The 1.2
stable branch is de-facto maintained by the Debian maintainer at the
moment, so you'll be free (or even encouraged) to make new upstream
releases instead of carrying patches in the Debian diff.

The new major upstream release is still under developement, but it's
still some months away I believe.

The package description is:
 Munin is a highly flexible and powerful solution used to create graphs of
 virtually everything imaginable throughout your network, while still
 maintaining a rattling ease of installation and configuration.
 .
 This package contains the grapher/gatherer. You will only need one instance of
 it in your network. It will periodically poll all the nodes in your network
 it's aware of for data, which it in turn will use to create graphs and HTML
 pages, suitable for viewing with your graphical web browser of choice.
 .
 It is also able to alert you if any value is outside of a preset boundary,
 useful if you want to be alerted if a filesystem is about to grow full, for
 instance.  You can do this by making Munin run an arbitrary command when you
 need to be alert it, or make use of the intrinsic Nagios support.
 .
 Munin is written in Perl, and relies heavily on Tobi Oetiker's excellent
 RRDtool. To see a real example of Munin in action, you can follow a link
 from <http://munin.projects.linpro.no/> to a live installation.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 4.0
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (500, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.18-5-k7
Locale: LANG=nn_NO.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=nn_NO.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)




Changed Bug title to `ITA: munin -- network-wide graphing framework (grapher/gatherer)' from `RFA: munin -- network-wide graphing framework (grapher/gatherer)'. Request was from "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <jose@psabs.com.br> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:00:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Owner recorded as Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Request was from "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <jose@psabs.com.br> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:00:05 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #14 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: 456640@bugs.debian.org, Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>
Subject: munin comaintaince
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:51:27 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

today I stumbled upon #403341, which has a very simple fix. There are quite 
some similar bugs (simple, with patch) in the debian BTS which I would like 
to help fixing, as I use munin heavily for work, in Debian Edu and privatly. 

So I like to request access to the upstream SVN, as this is where the debian 
packaging is kept, AIUI. 

Jose (as new owner of this bug), what do you think? I cc:ed Bernd, as we spoke 
about team maintaining munin in December last year..

Also, I would suggest to build the munin-plugins-contrib per default and 
upload it to Debian, so that these plugins are available even more easily. Of 
course there should be a prominent reminder that those plugins are not part 
of munin upstream. Then I would also suggest to include plugins to monitor 
vservers and xen instances.

regards,
	Holger
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #19 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de>
To: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
Cc: 456640@bugs.debian.org, Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>
Subject: Re: munin comaintaince
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:46:46 +0100
Heya,

> So I like to request access to the upstream SVN, as this is where the debian 
> packaging is kept, AIUI. 
> 
> Jose (as new owner of this bug), what do you think? I cc:ed Bernd, as we spoke 
> about team maintaining munin in December last year..

Seconded. I'd be happy to maintain the munin packages in a team,
especially since we're monitoring a lot of Debian infrastructure with it.

Cheers,

Bernd
-- 
Bernd Zeimetz
<bernd@bzed.de>                         <http://bzed.de/>




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #24 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>
To: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
Cc: 456640@bugs.debian.org, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>, matthias@sigxcpu.org, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: munin comaintaince
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:35:45 +0100
* Holger Levsen

> today I stumbled upon #403341, which has a very simple fix. There are
> quite some similar bugs (simple, with patch) in the debian BTS which
> I would like to help fixing, as I use munin heavily for work, in
> Debian Edu and privatly.
> 
> So I like to request access to the upstream SVN, as this is where the
> debian packaging is kept, AIUI.
> 
> Jose (as new owner of this bug), what do you think? I cc:ed Bernd, as
> we spoke about team maintaining munin in December last year..
> 
> Also, I would suggest to build the munin-plugins-contrib per default
> and upload it to Debian, so that these plugins are available even
> more easily. Of course there should be a prominent reminder that
> those plugins are not part of munin upstream. Then I would also
> suggest to include plugins to monitor vservers and xen instances.

Hi guys,

glad there's finally some interest in taking over the package from me.
I think there's at least a year since I've had any free time and
motivation to work on Debian packaging, so it's about high time somebody
takes care of it again...

Matthias Schmitz was the first one to contact me about taking over the
package, and he's been actively following up on that by taking on lots
of outstanding work on the 1.2.x branch.  My colleague Stig Sandbeck
Mathisen has also been trying to work his way through the huge backlog
of bug reports (sorry about those).  I am under the impression that
their work will likely result in a new upstream release (1.2.6) as well
as new Debian packages.

So I intend to give the package to Matthias, and leave it up to him to
decide how he wants to arrange the maintanership, that is, if he wants
co-maintainers, if he still wants to keep the code in the upstream SVN
repo, and so on.  So you should all talk to him.  :-)  I never heard
anything from Jose Carlos Medeiros about taking over the package, by the
way.

BTW.  We have an IRC channel, #munin@irc.linpro.no.  Matthias, Stig, and
 me hangs out there.  Feel free to stop by.  :-)

Regards
-- 
Tore Anderson




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #29 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>, matthias@sigxcpu.org, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: munin comaintaince
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:15:42 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Tore,

On Monday 28 January 2008 09:35, you wrote:
> Matthias Schmitz was the first one to contact me about taking over the
> package, and he's been actively following up on that by taking on lots
> of outstanding work on the 1.2.x branch.  My colleague Stig Sandbeck
> Mathisen has also been trying to work his way through the huge backlog
> of bug reports (sorry about those).  I am under the impression that
> their work will likely result in a new upstream release (1.2.6) as well
> as new Debian packages.

Cool. Currently I'm actually mostly interested in bringing 1.2.x in (even 
better) shape, as this is what I use. But then, I'm happy to switch to 1.3 if 
upstream thinks it's ready. (Which I dont believe it is, considering it's not 
even in experimental.)

> So I intend to give the package to Matthias, and leave it up to him to
> decide how he wants to arrange the maintanership, that is, if he wants
> co-maintainers, if he still wants to keep the code in the upstream SVN
> repo, and so on.  So you should all talk to him.  :-)  

Hallo Matthias ;)

> BTW.  We have an IRC channel, #munin@irc.linpro.no.  Matthias, Stig, and
>  me hangs out there.  Feel free to stop by.  :-)

Is this OFTC or freenode or really another irc network?


regards,
	Holger
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #34 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>
To: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
Cc: 456640@bugs.debian.org, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>, matthias@sigxcpu.org, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: munin comaintaince
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:46:27 +0100
* Holger Levsen

> Cool. Currently I'm actually mostly interested in bringing 1.2.x in
> (even better) shape, as this is what I use. But then, I'm happy to
> switch to 1.3 if upstream thinks it's ready. (Which I dont believe it
> is, considering it's not even in experimental.)

1.2.6 will be part of 1.2.x.  ;-)

> Is this OFTC or freenode or really another irc network?

Neither, it's just our (Linpro's) stand-alone interal IRC server.  Maybe
it's time to move the channel elsewhere now that Munin isn't really a
Linpro-only project any longer, but that's not up to me to decide.

-- 
Tore Anderson




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <jose@psabs.com.br>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #39 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <jose@psabs.com.br>
To: "Holger Levsen" <holger@layer-acht.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org, 455564@bugs.debian.org
Cc: "Tore Anderson" <tore@debian.org>, "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <debian@psabs.com.br>, "Bernd Zeimetz" <bzed@debian.org>, matthias@sigxcpu.org, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: Bug#456640: munin comaintaince
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:33:18 -0200
Hi, All

Holger,  about 'munin-plugins-contrib'  its a good idea. As munin user
I would like something like that.


Well,  I think you will be a better maintanership,  because from now
Im a bit busy :(
 Then, you can take this ITA to you.

Regards
Jose Carlos



2008/1/28, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
> Hi Tore,
>
> On Monday 28 January 2008 09:35, you wrote:
> > Matthias Schmitz was the first one to contact me about taking over the
> > package, and he's been actively following up on that by taking on lots
> > of outstanding work on the 1.2.x branch.  My colleague Stig Sandbeck
> > Mathisen has also been trying to work his way through the huge backlog
> > of bug reports (sorry about those).  I am under the impression that
> > their work will likely result in a new upstream release (1.2.6) as well
> > as new Debian packages.
>
> Cool. Currently I'm actually mostly interested in bringing 1.2.x in (even
> better) shape, as this is what I use. But then, I'm happy to switch to 1.3 if
> upstream thinks it's ready. (Which I dont believe it is, considering it's not
> even in experimental.)
>
> > So I intend to give the package to Matthias, and leave it up to him to
> > decide how he wants to arrange the maintanership, that is, if he wants
> > co-maintainers, if he still wants to keep the code in the upstream SVN
> > repo, and so on.  So you should all talk to him.  :-)
>
> Hallo Matthias ;)
>
> > BTW.  We have an IRC channel, #munin@irc.linpro.no.  Matthias, Stig, and
> >  me hangs out there.  Feel free to stop by.  :-)
>
> Is this OFTC or freenode or really another irc network?
>
>
> regards,
>         Holger
>
>


-- 
[]'s
José Carlos

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #44 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>, matthias@sigxcpu.org, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: munin comaintaince
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:16:10 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

On Monday 28 January 2008 11:46, you wrote:
> 1.2.6 will be part of 1.2.x.  ;-)

Hehe. So what's the status of 1.3.x?

> > Is this OFTC or freenode or really another irc network?
> Neither, it's just our (Linpro's) stand-alone interal IRC server.  Maybe
> it's time to move the channel elsewhere now that Munin isn't really a
> Linpro-only project any longer, but that's not up to me to decide.

Although I just joined there, I would really appreciate if the channel would 
be moved to either freenode or OFTC - I dont care which. And I'm pretty sure 
munin users would also appreciate!


regards,
	Holger
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@linpro.no>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #49 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@linpro.no>
To: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
Cc: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>, matthias@sigxcpu.org
Subject: Re: munin comaintaince
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 07:22:18 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:

> So what's the status of 1.3.x?

1.3.x is a development branch, which will result in the release of a
stable version from 1.4.x.  1.4.x should be packaged after 1.2.x.
It's the same odd and even number versioning as the Linux kernel used
to separate from development kernels up to 2.6.

-- 
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen, Linpro
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@linpro.no>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #54 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@linpro.no>
To: "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <jose@psabs.com.br>
Cc: "Holger Levsen" <holger@layer-acht.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org, 455564@bugs.debian.org, "Tore Anderson" <tore@debian.org>, "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <debian@psabs.com.br>, "Bernd Zeimetz" <bzed@debian.org>, matthias@sigxcpu.org
Subject: Re: Bug#456640: munin comaintaince
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 07:25:21 +0100
"Jose Carlos Medeiros" <jose@psabs.com.br> writes:

> Holger, about 'munin-plugins-contrib' its a good idea.  As munin
> user I would like something like that.

Package most things from http://muninexchange.projects.linpro.no, and
other sources?

> Well, I think you will be a better maintanership, because from now
> Im a bit busy :( Then, you can take this ITA to you.

I would be happy to co-maintain, if needed, but will assist anyway. :D
I'll continue checking issues reported to the Debian BTS against the
Munin repository and tracker.

-- 
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen, Linpro




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #59 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>
To: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>
Cc: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>, ssm@linpro.no, 456640@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: munin comaintaince
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:11:51 +0100
Hi all!

Tore Anderson wrote:
> glad there's finally some interest in taking over the package from me.
> I think there's at least a year since I've had any free time and
> motivation to work on Debian packaging, so it's about high time somebody
> takes care of it again...
> 
> Matthias Schmitz was the first one to contact me about taking over the
> package, and he's been actively following up on that by taking on lots
> of outstanding work on the 1.2.x branch.  My colleague Stig Sandbeck
> Mathisen has also been trying to work his way through the huge backlog
> of bug reports (sorry about those).  I am under the impression that
> their work will likely result in a new upstream release (1.2.6) as well
> as new Debian packages.
This looks like my plan :-) - merge all the candidate changesets from
1.3 and then look which debian bugs still unfixed. (And if there is time
left after this - bring a 1.3 deb in experimental.)

> So I intend to give the package to Matthias, and leave it up to him to
> decide how he wants to arrange the maintanership, that is, if he wants
> co-maintainers, if he still wants to keep the code in the upstream SVN
> repo, and so on.  So you should all talk to him.  :-)  I never heard
> anything from Jose Carlos Medeiros about taking over the package, by the
> way.
Since this is my first maintainership it is a good idea to have some
more experienced co-maintainers. And if linpro has nothing against it i 
will keep the code in the upstream svn.

best regards,
Matthias




Changed Bug title to `ITA: munin -- network-wide graphing framework' from `ITA: munin -- network-wide graphing framework (grapher/gatherer)'. Request was from Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:30:07 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Owner changed from Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br> to Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Request was from Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:30:08 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <jose@psabs.com.br>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #68 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <jose@psabs.com.br>
To: "Stig Sandbeck Mathisen" <ssm@linpro.no>, 455564@bugs.debian.org
Cc: "Holger Levsen" <holger@layer-acht.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org, "Tore Anderson" <tore@debian.org>, "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <debian@psabs.com.br>, "Bernd Zeimetz" <bzed@debian.org>, matthias@sigxcpu.org
Subject: Re: Bug#455564: Bug#456640: munin comaintaince
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:05:11 -0200
Hi,

> Package most things from http://muninexchange.projects.linpro.no, and
> other sources?
I think yes. Sometimes we need plugins that arent in munin.

-- 
[]'s
José Carlos

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #73 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: Undisclosed.Recipients: ;
Cc: 456640@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: munin comaintaince
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 00:39:35 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

On Thursday 31 January 2008 20:11, Matthias Schmitz wrote:
> > I am under the impression that
> > their work will likely result in a new upstream release (1.2.6) as well
> > as new Debian packages.
> This looks like my plan :-) - merge all the candidate changesets from
> 1.3 and then look which debian bugs still unfixed. (And if there is time
> left after this - bring a 1.3 deb in experimental.)

Great!

> Since this is my first maintainership it is a good idea to have some
> more experienced co-maintainers. And if linpro has nothing against it i
> will keep the code in the upstream svn.

Where is the upstream svn? 
http://munin.projects.linpro.no/browser/trunk/dists/debian/changelog has 
version 1.2.3-3?! 

How are the debian branches in 
http://munin.projects.linpro.no/browser/branches/debian/ synced with the 
upstream branches one directory up?

I'm fine with using the upstream repo as long as Linpro is fine with 
adding "arbitrary" people to the project.. are you? ;-)

I'm experienced with administrating projects on Alioth, if this prefered for 
the debian packaging...


regards,
	Holger
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@linpro.no>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #78 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@linpro.no>
To: Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>
Cc: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: munin comaintaince
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:14:59 +0100
Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org> writes:

> [...] merge all the candidate changesets from 1.3 and then look
> which debian bugs still unfixed.

That sounds like a good plan.

> (And if there is time left after this - bring a 1.3 deb in
> experimental.)

May work.  As far as I know, the plans for new features for 1.3
definitely make make it a candidate for "experimental", rather than
"unstable".

> And if linpro has nothing against it i will keep the code in the
> upstream svn.

Ok for me.  Having all the distro information in the repository may
increase the chance for the packaging to behave in a similar way for
the different distributions.

-- 
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen, Linpro




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #83 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>
To: Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>
Cc: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>, ssm@linpro.no, 456640@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: munin comaintaince
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:07:37 +0100
* Matthias Schmitz

> Since this is my first maintainership it is a good idea to have some
> more experienced co-maintainers. And if linpro has nothing against it i 
> will keep the code in the upstream svn.

Nothing against that at all, in fact I see it as a big advantage.  Much
easier to branch and merge stuff from upstream releases and so on.

I'll make SVN users for Holger and Bernd, then.  Any preferred usernames
or just first names?

-- 
Tore Anderson




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #88 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: 456640@bugs.debian.org
Subject: which branch in svn?
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 12:31:49 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

as I now have commit access \o/ I'd like to commit some (simple) changes to 
the sid package. IIRC there was a little confusion (at least to me) which the 
right svn branch - could someone please explain?


regards & thanks,
	Holger
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #93 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>
To: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#456640: which branch in svn?
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:28:10 +0100
Hi Holger,

Holger Levsen wrote:
> as I now have commit access \o/ I'd like to commit some (simple) changes to 
> the sid package. IIRC there was a little confusion (at least to me) which the 
> right svn branch - could someone please explain?
the packages lives in branches/debian/[etch|lenny|experimental].

best regards,
Matthias :-)




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #98 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: 456640@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#456640: which branch in svn?
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:42:37 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Matthias,

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 21:28, you wrote:
> the packages lives in branches/debian/[etch|lenny|experimental].

Thanks.

So (etch is etch), lenny is what we upload to sid and target at lenny and 
experimental is 1.3?


regards,
	Holger
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #103 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>
To: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: Bug#456640: which branch in svn?
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:45:08 +0100
Hi Holger,

Holger Levsen wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 February 2008 21:28, you wrote:
>> the packages lives in branches/debian/[etch|lenny|experimental].
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> So (etch is etch), lenny is what we upload to sid and target at lenny and 
> experimental is 1.3?
Yes, the next 1.2.x release should go into sid/lenny and 1.3.x into 
experimental.

greetings,
Matthias :-)




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #108 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: 456640@bugs.debian.org, 455564@bugs.debian.org
Subject: 455564 got mixed up
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:34:01 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

due to post to the wrong bug and several people replying to this and not 
noticing the wrong bug number, #455564 developed from being an ITA bug 
about "mc" to be about fixing the ITA for "munin", which is #456640.

I dont think we need to do anything, about this, this mail is just and pure 
information :)

Also it's looks like we will soon do something indeed: closing these two bugs! 


cheers,
	Holger


[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Changed Bug submitter from Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org> to Tore Anderson <tore@fud.no>. Request was from Tore Anderson <tore@fud.no> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:42:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Thijs Kinkhorst" <thijs@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #115 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Thijs Kinkhorst" <thijs@debian.org>
To: 456640@bugs.debian.org
Cc: "Tore Anderson" <tore@debian.org>, "Matthias Schmitz" <matthias@sigxcpu.org>, "Holger Levsen" <holger@layer-acht.org>, "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <debian@psabs.com.br>, "Bernd Zeimetz" <bzed@debian.org>, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: status of munin ITA
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 13:33:40 +0200 (CEST)
Hey,

As I use munin quite intensively for work I'm interested in the status of
this ITA: it seems good progress was made but no new upload yet. Given the
release schedule for lenny, now would be a very good time to upload
things.

Do you need any help? I'd be happy to comaintain or help out in another
way if needed.


cheers,
Thijs





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #120 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: "Thijs Kinkhorst" <thijs@debian.org>
Cc: 456640@bugs.debian.org, "Tore Anderson" <tore@debian.org>, "Matthias Schmitz" <matthias@sigxcpu.org>, "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <debian@psabs.com.br>, "Bernd Zeimetz" <bzed@debian.org>, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: status of munin ITA
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 19:19:21 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Thijs,

On Friday 02 May 2008 13:33, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> As I use munin quite intensively for work I'm interested in the status of
> this ITA: it seems good progress was made but no new upload yet. Given the
> release schedule for lenny, now would be a very good time to upload
> things.

Yup, we (at least Matthias Schmitz and me) are aware of the issue, Matthias 
has prepared a 1.2.6rc2 package too, which I'll check as soon as he fixed the 
one issue I already complained about.

We plan to get 1.2.6 into lenny and 1.3.x in experimental, though obviously 
the latter is less pressing atm.

> Do you need any help? I'd be happy to comaintain or help out in another
> way if needed.

Sure, help is always welcome. Do you have svn upstream access? Cause, this is 
where we keep the debian packaging too.

We also hang out on #munin on freenode.


regards,
	Holger

P.S.: Thanks for caring!
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #125 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org>
To: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
Cc: 456640@bugs.debian.org, "Tore Anderson" <tore@debian.org>, "Matthias Schmitz" <matthias@sigxcpu.org>, "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <debian@psabs.com.br>, "Bernd Zeimetz" <bzed@debian.org>, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: status of munin ITA
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 15:42:56 +0200
On Friday 2 May 2008 19:19, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Yup, we (at least Matthias Schmitz and me) are aware of the issue, Matthias
> has prepared a 1.2.6rc2 package too, which I'll check as soon as he fixed
> the one issue I already complained about.
>
> We plan to get 1.2.6 into lenny and 1.3.x in experimental, though obviously
> the latter is less pressing atm.

Good to know!

> > Do you need any help? I'd be happy to comaintain or help out in another
> > way if needed.
>
> Sure, help is always welcome. Do you have svn upstream access? Cause, this
> is where we keep the debian packaging too.

I don't have upstream access. If you think I can help out and can create an 
account that would be great.

> We also hang out on #munin on freenode.

I'm not always on IRC but will try to remember when I am :-)


cheers,
Thijs




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #130 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org>
Cc: 456640@bugs.debian.org, "Tore Anderson" <tore@debian.org>, "Matthias Schmitz" <matthias@sigxcpu.org>, "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <debian@psabs.com.br>, "Bernd Zeimetz" <bzed@debian.org>, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: status of munin ITA
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:43:56 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi,

Matthias and me still plan to upload munin 1.2.6 RSN now ;)

On Saturday 03 May 2008 15:42, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> > Sure, help is always welcome. Do you have svn upstream access? Cause,
> > this is where we keep the debian packaging too.
> I don't have upstream access. If you think I can help out and can create an
> account that would be great.

Tore, can you arrange that for Thijs, please?


regards,
	Holger
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #135 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>
To: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
Cc: Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: status of munin ITA
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:29:54 +0200
* Holger Levsen

> Matthias and me still plan to upload munin 1.2.6 RSN now ;)

Yay!  :-)  Thanks for taking over the package from me guys, it really 
needed someone with a bit more time to care for it..

> Tore, can you arrange that for Thijs, please?

Certainly;  I've now sent him the login credentials directly in a 
separate email.

Regards
-- 
Tore Anderson




Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to "Thijs Kinkhorst" <thijs@debian.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #140 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: "Thijs Kinkhorst" <thijs@debian.org>
To: "Tore Anderson" <tore@debian.org>
Cc: "Holger Levsen" <holger@layer-acht.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org, "Matthias Schmitz" <matthias@sigxcpu.org>, "Jose Carlos Medeiros" <debian@psabs.com.br>, "Bernd Zeimetz" <bzed@debian.org>, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: status of munin ITA
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:44:43 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, June 10, 2008 08:29, Tore Anderson wrote:
> * Holger Levsen
>
>
>> Matthias and me still plan to upload munin 1.2.6 RSN now ;)
>>
>
> Yay!  :-)  Thanks for taking over the package from me guys, it really
> needed someone with a bit more time to care for it..
>
>> Tore, can you arrange that for Thijs, please?
>>
>
> Certainly;  I've now sent him the login credentials directly in a
> separate email.

Thanks - I'll hope to have some time over the weekend.


cheers,
Thijs





Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #145 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>
Cc: Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org>, 456640@bugs.debian.org, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>, Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>, ssm@linpro.no
Subject: Re: status of munin ITA
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:51:38 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hey Tore,

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 08:29, Tore Anderson wrote:
> > Matthias and me still plan to upload munin 1.2.6 RSN now ;)
> Yay!  :-)  Thanks for taking over the package from me guys, it really
> needed someone with a bit more time to care for it..

I hope we'll live up to your high standards! 

> > Tore, can you arrange that for Thijs, please?
> Certainly;  I've now sent him the login credentials directly in a
> separate email.

Thank you.


regards,
	Holger
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Information forwarded to debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org, <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>:
Bug#456640; Package wnpp. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to <wnpp@debian.org>, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org>. Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #150 received at 456640@bugs.debian.org (full text, mbox):

From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: 456640@bugs.debian.org
Cc: control@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Re: munin_1.2.6-1_i386.changes ACCEPTED
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:45:30 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
close 456640
kthxbye

On Monday 16 June 2008 15:17, Debian Installer wrote:
> Accepted:
> munin-node_1.2.6-1_all.deb
>   to pool/main/m/munin/munin-node_1.2.6-1_all.deb
> munin_1.2.6-1.diff.gz
>   to pool/main/m/munin/munin_1.2.6-1.diff.gz
> munin_1.2.6-1.dsc
>   to pool/main/m/munin/munin_1.2.6-1.dsc
> munin_1.2.6-1_all.deb
>   to pool/main/m/munin/munin_1.2.6-1_all.deb
> munin_1.2.6.orig.tar.gz
>   to pool/main/m/munin/munin_1.2.6.orig.tar.gz
>
>
> Override entries for your package:
> munin-node_1.2.6-1_all.deb - optional net
> munin_1.2.6-1.dsc - source net
> munin_1.2.6-1_all.deb - optional net
>
> Announcing to debian-devel-changes@lists.debian.org
> Closing bugs: 241824 307962 307963 307966 307997 310915 311727 332285
> 336618 373970 385058 385291 385358 387283 398027 403341 406479 436002
> 440003 440622 454260 463721 472207 484068 484097 485830
>
>
> Thank you for your contribution to Debian.
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Bug closed, send any further explanations to Tore Anderson <tore@fud.no> Request was from Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> to control@bugs.debian.org. (Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:15:27 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Bug archived. Request was from Debbugs Internal Request <owner@bugs.debian.org> to internal_control@bugs.debian.org. (Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:30:32 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Debian bug tracking system administrator <owner@bugs.debian.org>. Last modified: Wed Apr 16 11:24:41 2014; Machine Name: buxtehude.debian.org

Debian Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.